Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #16  
Til'

Ravismom,

Your name caught my eye since it is so similar to mine. I can tell that you have a sense of humor, that's important. I'm 5'9" and weigh 243. I have lost 24 pounds since September 1. My short-term goal is to be 230 by my birthday, 2/26. (Baby steps)

I agree with Emily34 who said to get on the gazelle for 5 minutes. I have a treadmill that I am determined to dust off (I'm out of excuses for not using it). The idea of exercising for 40-60 minutes is VERY intimidating. So I'm going to just promise to do 5 minutes at first. Also, I'm determined to not eat after 7:00 and try to up my water intake. Just "little" things that should help in the long run.

Robsia - I have a friend who was in a size 8 at 151. I couldn't believe it, either. She looked skeleton skinny at that weight, too, and she was only 5'7" or so.
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 AM   #17  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily34
another day without any sugar. tonight i had a double cheese burger without the bun. i weighed today and lost 2lbs since yesterday. hope i can keep this up.
Imagine if you could lose 2 lbs every day - a stone a week. It'd only take me five weeks to hit my goal.

Maybe someone will invent something where you go into like deep sleep or hibernation and they tube feed you just enough food to keep you alive and you come out all slim.

Wouldn't that be great?
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:57 AM   #18  

Looks like you are doing well. I need to get back to the treadmill, but can't yet as I have a sore foot, seems like one excuse after the other for me.. any suggestions? A 2 lb loss is Fantastic! I am plannig on getting on the scale once a month as it was suggested to me. I'll see if that works for me. As in the past I was obcessed w/ the scale.
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #19  

Thanks to all of you for your support. I did dust off that gazelle and did 20 minutes yesterday so today I feel like I'm 90 I guess I used muscles that I had forgotten I had. Gonna go mall walk today and see what after Christmas bargains I can find. Ihaven't gotten back on the scale yet, probaly will Friday. Had oatmeal for breakfast(1 packet instead of 3) and have my bottle of water sitting next to me. I once weighed 120lbs. for 3 weeks when I was
19 and boy was I hot I'm not aiming that low 140 or 145 would be great.
Thanks again for all of your support. Ravismom
RAVISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #20  

Talking another day without any sugar

i think the headaches are finally over from getting off of the sugar.

i weighed again today and i have stayed the same,that is good. not a pound gained. 2lbs lost the other day is still exciting me.

Cathy H, if your foot is too sore to even walk then stand in place and do waist twist (very controlled) for 5 minutes. then if you have some lite weights do some arm bends,do some crunches etc. don't forget the squats.

ravismom, good job on the gazelle. keep it up but don't force yourself to do 20 minutes again if it is too hard. 10 minutes is plenty or even 7.

everyone else, keep up the spirits and remember, this year is going to be different for us. more confident,more energy and as ravismom said, HOT!

robsia, yes 2lbs a day would be great but i will be happy with if every other third day.

talk to yall later.

emily34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:44 AM   #21  
MasterHarper

2 lbs a WEEK is great. Don't try and lose to much too soon. I know you want to (so do I) but it's better to take it slower!!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #22  

2 lbs is absolutely fantastic. I have always strived to lose 1-2 a week but that doesn't always happen. 3500 calories = 1 lb. That's the place I start so I can see throughout my week where I can cut the calories so I can have at least 3500 less than last week. That is really hard!!
DOn't try to do too much on your first week of exercise. I haven't exercised in 2 weeks because I got that horrible flu that everyone around here is getting and I couldn't breathe without coughing so most things were out of the question. I started back up this week and I am still feeling my behind and squat muscles in a big way...OOOOOWWWWYYYYY!!!!!!! I pushed too hard on that first workout. It didn't stop me from working out more this week but it hurts. UGH!! It would have stopped me when I first started working out. Get back on there are be careful to listen to your body.
Figgykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #23  

Well got back on the scale for the 2nd time and no change. Oh well I'll try to see it as a good thing, at least I didn't gain. I have hypothyroid so I've known all along that it was gonna be hard. Gave myself a small treat last night, had an enormous glass of fat free chocolate milk. This may seem like nothing to some but to me it was heaven Good luck to all and thanks again for all of your kindness.
RAVISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #24  

Default it's friday

hi girls, how is everyone doing? work was busy,busy,busy. i was soo busy i didn't have the time to eat lunch. tonight i am having a diet big red and a salad with zesty house dressing.

another 2lbs lost but don't appauld too soon. this weekend my husband is having a poker game and i am going out with the some girlfriends and i might be cheating a little.

figgykitty & robsia, you are soo right. slower is better. i know that so i wont be upset if it slows down.

Cathy H,RAVISMOM,DeafinlySmart, hope yall are doing well. everyone have a good weekend and i will probably not be back til monday. remember, LOVE yourself and want to be the best you can.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #25  

where has everyone been? no one has posted all weekend and monday.

another busy day at work and on the diet.

someone post.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #26  

Emily I'm here. Lurking, lol. Maybe I need to get me some of that diet pop for a treat... I stepped on the scale yesterday morning, and was not happy that I hadn't lost anything. You are right, Love yourself....Thanks for the advice.

Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #27  

hi there cathy,glad youre taking the step to keep in touch. so what if you haven't lost anything yet,but keep trying and you will. i wish i was already at 200. i have been so busy at work i haven't had time to weigh. i only weigh on the same scale i first started out with. i will weigh tomorrow. work was busy,busy,busy.

remember girls this year is going to be different so lets all be committed to posting for eachother even if you have been bad or messed up. messing up a weekend or a day is fine. what is important is getting back on track with the help of others if that is what it is going to take.

i look forward everyday to posting and seeing how you all are.

i am tired of not trying and if anyone is with me,let me hear about it.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #28  

Default hello out there

hey guys,don't give up and stop posting. well maybe everyone is busy and i hope everyone is doing fine.

this is week #2 and i am feeling better. i have lost a little more and i hope to jump kick it in gear by adding exercising to my routine soon.

hope to hear how everyones weekend was.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #29  

Default I'm a newbie to this thread

Hello. I am afraid of failing also. My friends and family watch what I eat and know I am trying to diet and I feel I will be letting them down (as well as myself) if I fail. Besides, there is a lot of shame connected with being so fat and add the shame of failure to it -- - - well, you understand. Help me. I need to lose 120 lbs. I weighed 296 when I started dieting in January 2005 and weigh 264 now. Very slow weight loss. Again, any suggestions and help appreciated.
mickeyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #30  
MasterHarper

Mickey,

Firstly, (((hugs))) and welcome to the forums.

Secondly, you have lost 32 pounds - that is no small achievement! It doesn't matter if it was slower than you would have liked, it's still a LOSS!! And a good one at that.

Imagine all the fat you have lost piled up in packs of butter. A small mountain of butter that is no longer there, that you're not dragging around with you any more.

Provided it keeps going in the right direction, you are succeeding. It's no one's business but yours how fast or slow you lose. Do it for you - not for them.

You CAN do it, you ARE doing it - keep going!