Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyBug08004
For the record - do not fret about drinking too much water. Realize that the average inactive person needs about 64 oz a day to break even. If you are really active - like an athlete - you should drink about 128oz a day. In order to get anywhere CLOSE to stressing out your kidneys you need to drink about 320 oz (that's 40 glasses folks - who here drinks that much, huh?). Water Intoxication is something athletes are usually concerned with when they drink too much water in a small amount of time without any salt/potassium to balance electrolytes.

If we are posting on this board there is a pretty good likelihood this is not something we need to be worrying about.

Drink your water. The human body is about 60% water and the muscles are about 75% water. Pretty much EVERY major process in your body depends on water... You are right, jules, if you wait until you are thirsty you are already dehydrated and if you stop when your thirst is satisfied you have only had about half the water you need...

Just remember: the first thing affected by dehydration is your brain.

'nuff said.
True... MOST of the time. There are prescription meds, I'm on one called Trileptal as an example, that can cause hyponatremia with relative ease. If I drink 24 oz of water and don't follow it up with some sort of sodium, I'm dizzy, nauseated and about to pass out. 90 oz of water with nothing else could kill me.

So, caveat to everything you said: Check with your doctor or pharmacist about whether or not that recommended 64-90oz of water in a day is good for you.
Shalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #17  

Default Nutrisystem at Walmart

I started back on Nutrisystem recently, but I did not sign up for a contract. Instead, I buy the box kit at Walmart. It's cheaper, and very convenient because you can just go to Walmart and pick one up. No stressing over meal preps and whatnot. The box kit I get has 7 breakfast, 7 lunch, and 7 snacks. The last time I did this, I lost 40 lbs. However, health issues caused me to gain some of it back. So I've started again. I use the kits because it helps me with portion control. I have a nutrisystem breakfast & lunch, then make dinner for me and my husband. I also drink the nutrisystem shakes in between meals. They are also at Walmart. I love the shakes because they are great at killing hunger, and they give you energy. You can also incoporate fruit, nuts, and cheese with it as well. This, and working out every day (Zumba, DVDs, Samsung Workout Trainer) I believe will get me where I want to be. I also use an app called MyFitnessPal that counts calories. I stay under 1800 every day and I don't feel deprived.
Workinprogress80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/157/110

Height: 5'2

im currently doing Nutrisystem. NS trains you how to eat, control your portions and to count calories, which actually helps. I used to think it was all bs but im losing weight. Is it worth 280 a month? yes!!!!! but hey, it's working for me. Of course, other people will object to it if they have more will power but Im so weak when it comes to dieting
chubbysfchick is offline   Reply With Quote