Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #16  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

The only scales I never really trusted were at WW! I swear, out of the 3 scales (back in the days when I *did* WW--I'm on my own now) 1 was "heavy," one was "lite" and one in the middle (like the 3 bears and the porridge). And people knew it too. NOBODY wanted to get in line at the evil scale

I have a pretty plain digital scale with half pounds. I like digital best--no chance to fudge with the lines (and with my 46 year old eyes, I don't think I can even SEE those lines any more w/o my glasses and my goodness, glasses must weigh an ounce or so, right?)

Huh. I just pulled out the kitchen scales. My glasses only weigh HALF an ounce. Guess I'll leave 'em on for the next weigh-in.

LovesBassets, I'm always terrified I might accidentally step on that darn scale at the vet's office!!! LOL Nobody will believe it was my Abyssinian that weighs 200+ pounds!
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:53 AM   #17  

Hahaha....half an ounce?! I think you'll be safe leaving those glasses on for the next weigh in

heh, I take off earrings, necklaces, etc. I dont need anything adding to my poundage! Hey, half an ounce here, half an ounce there all adds up!

I think I'm just getting overly narotic about this whole weight loss thing. Its almost becoming an obsession. I am constantly writing down everything I eat, checking calories on different foods....I hope it doesnt get to out of hand but I want to lose this weight more than anything! Who said weight loss was fun right? Ek.

Well thank you gals for all your input, I really appreciate it!!! Congrats to all of you for all your hard work and losses!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #18  

When I was on the wresting team in college some of the guys believed that if you stood on your head and then hopped up and weighed yourself real quick you could knock off a quarter pound as the blood trickled down to your extremeties. It wasn't uncommon to see a bunch of naked guys standing on their heads at the weigh-in.

Being unlimited I didn't have to worry about weigh-ins.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #19  

I am definately going to try that on next weigh in day! lol, probably not. Thats kinda funny though, do they think that blood weighs less when it rushes to your head?! I'm going to have to tell that one to my friends, they will get a chuckle out it. I would pay to see a bunch of naked wrestlers testing that one out
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 PM   #20  
Scale Addict

I rely on my own scale at home for monitoring my weight loss. I have taken an I don't care attitude for the doctor's scale. I know the number will probably be different then my scale at home, but that doesn't mean I suddenly lost or gained weight on the drive to the doctors.

Don't let bad days discourage you. I have quit too many diets over failed days. Just because I failed a day doesn't mean the whole week or entire program is shot. I think I'm finally ready to lose the weight for good.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote