Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #16  

That's ok, we all gain weight from water retention around that time- I seem to gain mine a few days before and a few days during my period. I hate it because I can just feel my fingers and face get kind of puffy.

If it bothers you, you should try drinking some warm lemon water. Whenever I feel kind of puffy- I will make some green tea and squeeze some fresh lemons in it. (Don't use that concentrate stuff, it has salt in it for preservatives and will just make it worse.) It really does do wonders. Also, just try and avoid salt as much as you can. I am doing LA Weight Loss, and they suggested getting this Lite Morton salt, it has like half the sodium of table salt- and you really can't taste any difference. You can get it at any grocery store. It helps a bunch. Well, hope that helps!
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #17  

Okay guys, good new... my weight finally went back down to normal!!!! I hoped it would go below normal since I only lost a pound last week but hey I am not complaining!!!!!
luvshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:20 AM   #18  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Oh yes! Usually 4-5 pounds for me every month. I'm on the Pill to try to regulate my hormones (looooooooong story). Glad I'm not the only one who got incredibly discouraged with WW because of this too Because the Pill at least gives me SOME predictability (although not this last month) my master tracking sheet for my weigh-ins actually rates each week as "green" (a week totally unaffected by period water gain), "yellow" (might be affected), or--my personal favorite, NOT--the "red" week where progress not only stops but may record in the wrong direction. Knowing that it's water gain is one thing, but there's still the psychological power of the scale, and darn it all, I just can't give up my weigh-ins. BUT....with the stoplight sort of color scheme, I expect very different things from each weigh-in and look forward to my two "green" weeks each cycle :-)

I use the stoplight system to adjust my expectations by week too since I also fight incredible hungry during a red week so at most, my goal those weeks is to maintain if possible and on calorie intake, I usually allow myself to go up to my active metabolic rate if I need to so that I don't end up in a binge mode.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 AM   #19  
Raawwwwr.

I usually go up 4-7 lbs, depending on what I've eaten, etc. I try to stagger my weigh-ins so that I don't weigh in when it's 'that time' :P

It's gone within a week (as is the bloat). I find taking an ibuprofen and drinking lots of water can help with cramps and bloating, and staying hydrated always helps, overall.

Just my .02$
konstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #20  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Default Me too...

I try to stay off the scale when Aunt Flo is here and for about 2 days after I stop. I'm always 2-4 pounds heavier.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #21  

Talking

I always gain weight when on my period. Actually, just before my period, & during, and a couple days after. I usually gain 8-10# then in about 1 week, I loose it all.
I don't eat anything different but I just found out I am pre-menopause. My doctor says some women have a history of weight gain during these "horrible" years. I say,"BRING IT ON!" LOL!!

*LOVE THIS SITE!*

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote