Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #1  

Angry Frustrated with the first weeks

Hi, i started la weight loss a little over 2 weeks ago. So far i have only lost 2.2 pounds. And it really irritates me. They say,"oh you will lose so much during the take off period" well i gained a pound. Does/did anyone else have this problem/frustration?
born2star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You have averaged a loss of 1 pound per week-and a healthy rate of weight loss is about 1/2 to 2 pounds per week, so actually you are right on track!

You are doing just great.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  
1 day at a time

I hear ya. I've lost 2 lbs. in 4 weeks. Of course, I don't always make the best food choices, and because my fitness level was practically non-existant I've had to start slowly with exercise and add to it gradually. It's very frustating at times but I'm trying hard to stay positive and accept the fact that this is going to be a long uphill road for me! Some days the only thing that I can be happy about is the fact that at least I've stopped gaining, which for a while there I was doing at a pretty rapid pace!

Aphil is right; 1/2 to 2 pounds a week is a healthy rate. I read somewhere that the body can only burn a maximum of 1 to 2 pounds of fat a week, and if you lose more weight than that you're losing water or muscle tissue or both, which in the long run is not going to help you at all.

Hang in there - you're doing fine and you can do this! Good luck.
EllyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:08 AM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Its going to take time and thats something I had to learn the hard way
many times. As long as you are eating healthy and working out at least 5 times a week you will move the scale. But dont get frustrated the first couple weeks and maybe the first month this is what you need to get thru.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think something else to note is that at 178 (and I don't know how tall you are), I don't think you're extremely overweight. Someone who starts dieting at 300 pounds may lose 5 pounds their first week, but 5 pounds of 300 is a MUCH smaller percentage than 5 pounds of 178, ya know? You can't compare yourself to others and expect the same results. Everyone is different, and no two people will lose weight exactly the same.

Also, that major initial weight loss usually comes from making very drastic changes. When I started, all I did at first was try to control my portions without really changing what I ate, so I didn't have that major drop right away either (even though I started at 310.5 pounds). Since I don't know how what you're doing now compares to how you were living before, I don't know if this applies, but it's something to think about
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #6  

Talking Thanks

Thanks everyone for your suggestions/support. JILL, what you said made tons of sense now that i look at it that way. I am rather short (5'3). So 178 is 40 pounds at least overweight. But what you said about someone starting out at 300 pounds or so will probably lose more than i would, does make sense.Thanks for pointing that out!
born2star is offline   Reply With Quote