Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2005, 04:46 PM   #1  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Default is there a website which would...

While on my way to work, I was thinking that one of the problems with staying motivated and commited to a weight loss program is that it often takes a loooooong time to see the results... and yet longers for others to notice them.
And I thought that it would be cool if there was a website which would help us track our progress - by the way we LOOK (not by using a chart and the number from the scale). The way I imagined it, the website would come up with a diagram drawing of our body based on the information we put in: height, weight, frame, distribution of those "chubbier" areas. And then a few weeks later or after we lost a few pounds, we could enter the updated information and get a new diagram... and compare the two - and hopefully see the difference.

Wouldn't that be cool?
Does anyone know if a website like that exist?
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #2  

Many people do something similar by using www.myvirtualmodel.com. It's not as precise as what you describe, but it's sompthin'.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #3  

I've used the link funniegrrl suggests. Interstinly enough, I didn't think my "model" was even close. Cleary she's never had children as she was much perkier in areas like chest and stomach than I ever hope to be again. However, my husband thought it was pretty close. He admitted that it wasn't an EXACT match but he still thought it was a good guide for me to go by. I suppose we never really see ourselves as others do.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:38 PM   #4  

Don't forget that there's a button that lets you increase and decrease things like hips and waist if the default version is more proportional than you are.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #5  

I don't know how accurate that site is but it sure was fun to play with!
BellaLumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I've used the virtual model site also. Mine is pretty inaccurate, but it's still a fun thing to play with.

I also use http://www.mybodycomp.com/ for my measurements. I measure once a month and it's great to see the numbers go down. I know that's not really what you meant, but it's one of the options out there. What about taking pictures of yourself once a month? That way you could compare each month to the months before, and see how far you've really come.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #7  
playin' for keeps

Hey grey eyed girl,

I got all excited about the link you posted (I haven't tracked my measurements at all yet, but want to start as I still have plenty of inches to drop)...but it doesn't seem to work.

anyone else having issues? or am I the only lame girl?

anyway, thanks again! and congrats on 40 pounds gone - that's AWESOME!
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Don't forget that there's a button that lets you increase and decrease things like hips and waist
Hey, where's the button to make your belly saggy and your thighs dimply?
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Haha, I did the virtual model. Here's my results...

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote