Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #31  

Hi Lauren:

I just read your post and wanted to comment. If fast food is important to you DON'T give it up. Include your favorite in a once a week meal. That way you can have your favorite and not feel deprived. The deprived thing always gets me and sets me up for a binge. So part of my recovery is including favorites in my meal plan. I don't include trigger foods because they are not worth the binge they set me up for.
You can do it & just tell that "fat girl voice" "shut up" that the only way to keep those voices in line.(LOL)
Take care
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #32  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Wendy's chile is also a good substitute for salad dressing over a spring mix salad. As for the finger, KFC made a killing off of finger licking good so what's the problem here?
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #33  
undeniably moby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHB1977
One of my little "fat girl voices" is telling me now "Girl! What are you doing on this website! You are wasting these people's time.
DUDE! (I'm an equal opportunity "dude"-er. Male, female, all dudes.) Not that I'm one to talk, because I'm the fattest fatty that ever fatted right now, but I do know that you can't do this to yourself. That we, as a collective "we who need to lose weight we" can't do this to ourselves.

I had a dissimilar experience growing up, because I came from an overweight family with big Sunday brunches and lots of cooking and family mealtimes, so weight was never something my folks bothered me about. They were supportive when I tried to lose, but I think they've always realized they have a weight issue too, so they didn't gang up on me about it. BUT...but there were always those friends, colleagues, boyfriends...yeesh, the school bullying and non-dating alone, all that painful, non-supportive stuff that I'm sure contributed to me getting to where I am now physically and emotionally.

But those people, those naysayers -- family, friends, whoever -- you know what? Don't let them win. Get pissed off, get angry if you need to. You're better than that. We're all better than that. And as far as you wasting anyone's time? Please. We could all say that, every time we backslide. But for me, being able to bring some support into someone's week or day or ****, even a moment of making them feel better and know they're not alone, is so worth it to me and never a waste of time. Investing in good people is never a waste of time, and I think I can safely say that most of the folks here would agree with me.

And as far as being able to feel beautiful and worthy and deserving at any size goes? Hmmm. Well I have an idea for another thread about that one.

Oh, and p.s.? The finger jokes are both totally grossing me out and cracking me up at the same time. Hee!

Last edited by satylite; 06-17-2005 at 02:06 PM.
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:32 PM   #34  
Sassy Chick

Well, first of all, I DID go to Wendy's.....BUT! I got a side salad instead of fries!! Baby steps, right?

Yeah, I think all my family's "support" is one thing that has helped make me who I am today! (ummm....yeah. ) See, my mom has never had a weight problem, nor my sister - the beauty queen/flight attendant - and my dad (who so lovingly passed of his lack of a metabolism to me) has always just been a big burly football playing Army man - so no one really looked at him as having "weight troubles". So here I am. The big *** black sheep.
(sorry! I cracked myself up with that one)
It's hard to tell the voices to shut up (man, that makes me sound like Sybil or something ) when they have been instilled in you since birth. Feeling beautiful, worthy, and deserving? At any size? Whaaaaa? Yeah, right. How do you do THAT?
Let me tell ya'll one thing that I would say is progress.... I don't think I have ever put these thoughts into words outside my head. I have never had anyone I felt I could say these things to. I have also never told ANYONE (except my various weight loss consultants) my exact weight. So, sounds like this is a good start for me......? Ya'll are really wonderful! Thanks for all the great advice and for - most of all - making me KNOW that I am not alone.
LHB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote