Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2004, 01:36 AM   #16  
Samantha

Hello Ladies, & how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did everyone stay strong & avoid temptation?? Not me, I ate like a pig.
Anyways, I had been beating myself up lately for not staying on track, but then I realized that it's not as bad as I make it look like it is. I have completely given up cokes (which is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life) & fried foods. I can count on one hand how many cokes I have had since the beginning of this diet, on September 1st, 2004. I probably can count on both hands how many times I have eaten fried foods. Not as good as it should be, but I know that I need to stop beating myself up about it because it is SOOOOO much better than what I used to be like. I used to eat fried foods 2-3 times a DAY (if not more!) and have between 5-6 cokes a day (and not diet cokes, either!) I guess I am just dissapointed because my weight has somewhat plateaued, & I feel like I am not making as good progress as I am capable of. But then again, I also know that if I lose it too quickly, chances are good that I will gain it all back just as fast. This is a lifestyle change, not a "diet". And my lifestyle HAS changed. So for that I am happy. I can't really complain too much. How is everyone else doing????

Sam
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:18 AM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The way I handle these large holiday meals is to load my plate FULL of good stuff. Green beans, turkey, etc., then put a teaspoon or so of mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. I fill up on the less fattening foods first, then dip into the no no foods, and try just a sliver of the pies. I'm a taster. If I try to not eat it, I could end up binging on it later. So I always take a bite and satisfy my desire to have "some".
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:37 PM   #18  
my dad made me1 from wood

That great u guys did good. I did good I ate more dessert than anything but I ended up only eating 28 pnts worth of food. I figured I deserved it after making everything but the potato salad..
me and my hubby start school tomorrow which is cool. We are in the same classes both taking computer networing systems. I also lost a pound so I'm happy bout that.
write to ya later,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote