Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/?/130

Height: 5'2

Unhappy Got back from vacation 10lb heavier!

I went one vacation this weekend and decided that I would take those few days to get away from the stick diet that I have been on for so long. When I came home I was terrified to step on the scale, but it was to temping(not in a good way). When I steped on I found out that I had gained 10lb from when I had left about 5 days before! I am so depressed right now I dont know what to do. I just dont want to leave my house but I know that I have to because I have responiblitys to take care of. I dont know what to do. This type of thing just makes me want to stop dieting and be miserible the rest of my life.
hcred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #2  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Well, I guess that's your choice then -- start over or stop dieting and be miserable the rest of your life. I'm not trying to be snotty, but you yourself pointed it out! I know it's terribly depressing to have regained 10 lbs, but get back on track RIGHT NOW and you'll have it off again in no time. Five days is not long to gain 10 lbs -- some of it must be water weight unless you ate uncontrollably from morning til night! I got on the scale the morning after a 9-day vacation and thought I'd gained 6 pounds. But after a couple of days of eating on track, I got back on and found I'd actually only gained 2 pounds. Some of it must have been water or something. DON'T GIVE UP! Don't let this lapse be a setback. Get back on track right now!!!
wife2abadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #3  

I totally understand where you're coming from but..Don't give up! The same thing has happened to me more times than I care to count and the longer I stray, the harder it is to get back on track so just start again today before it gets harder.
Besides, it's pretty hard to truly gain 10lbs in 6 days (unless you really did eat 35,000 extra calories this week??) so most of it must be water weight or something. It won't be as bad as you think. Just hop back on board, right now! Good luck.
pink-poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:48 PM   #4  

The most important thing is to get back on track. Believe it or not the last weight you gain is the first you lose and you tend to lose it faster than "old" fat. So just get back on track and take things one day at a time. You can do it! God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/?/130

Height: 5'2

Talking thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone and say that you helped me alot...I am trying to start and look at it as a life time thing instead of something like "I want to lose the weight as fast as possible." I hope that that works. Thanks again!
hcred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #6  

I do alot of traveling with my job, so I am kind of always on vacation...anyway, I ate myself through New York City, and I gained 12 pounds in ten days. But it was the choices I made, I stayed at the Macy Conference Center and every meal was a buffet. I had many good choices that I could have made, but hey!... I am on vacation, so now back to the real world. I can either continue on this path and be disappointed in myself OR I can get back to eating well, drinking water and exercising daily. The choice has to be yours-just don't wait until 10 pounds becomes 30!

If not me, then who? If not now, then when?

WW start 209#
Today 167#
Goal #154#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Now tell me, what did you really think? Did you think the laws of the universe were suspended when you went on your trip? Did you think some magical power would allow you to eat all those "bad" things and nothing would happen? Yes, indeed, it is a lifetime thing. And, yes indeed, you can have treats now and then on vacation, but remember, it's a vacation from being in your usual place, not a vacation from the laws of cause and effect.

You'll drop most of that weight in the first week back if you get on track. Like the other folks have said, it is probably water imbalance.

Cheers!

Jay
196/179/145
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote