Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2004, 01:15 PM   #16  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I am totally guilty of not caring about my appearance until the weight comes off... I wear jeans everyday (in FLorida!) and either a black or blue hanes t-shirt. Everyday.

I am always thinking... when I lose weight I'll do this, or I'll go get my hair done when I lose weight. I dont know why I feel I can't do it now. I guess I am punishing myself.

I want to package the new me is girly clothes. Capri's and shorts. Tank tops and shirts that don't practically hang down to my knees. I want cute shoes too.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

I ususally post on another thread too...but this is such a fun one!! I've found that shopping is fun again!!! I go to the store just to try on clothes. I was totally excited when I was able to move out of the women's section. I haven't been able to purchase a ton of all the "girlie" things I want yet, but just to try them on and find that you need a size smaller than what you think is great!!!

I went into the store just last week and was determined I wouldn't cry when I couldn't go just one size smaller to a 10. Well guess what??? I got into a size 8 slacks!!! This may not seem major, but when I was wearing 18s and should have been wear 20s in October...it's a long way, baby!

I also have to make myself style my hair and do my makeup, because I've never done it consistently. You just feel so much better!

I must say the one experience that I haven't had that I would like is to go to the spa for a day and get the full treatment!!!

Not to mention I'd like to have that $5000 credit card from "What not to Wear" to buy me my new wardrobe!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #18  
Type *

I am guilty of not going shopping except out of dire need for new clothes. I always want to wait til Im a size smaller. So I basically have "old clothes" now. Since I started losing weight I have made a few new purchases, and I feel good about them. I was never a baggy clothes wearer, but I felt like I was too big for the clothes I chose. I like the lowrise jeans, but they rarely fit right. So when I am to my goal weight, I want to proudly walk into those "hip" stores and know that the jeans will fit right. My husband has said for the last year or so that when I lose the weight He'll buy me a new wardrobe. So that is some insintive. So Im excited for all of us on our weight loss journey that will lead us to being able to enjoy shopping.
caralea is offline   Reply With Quote