Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 11:01 AM   #31  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Julie:
Pam: (get your rear in gear girl, though working in your bathroom is! exercise!!!)
Susan:
me:

Susan: Because I want you to have fun this holiday even with food, here you go!

LOW FAT EGGNOG

2 C SKIM MILK
6 oz. EVAPORATED SKIM MILK
1 CONTAINER EGG BEATERS (THE 3 TO A CARTON SIZE)
1/4 cup SPLENDA
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
ADD NUTMEG TO MILK TO TASTE!

Heat milk, canned milk, eggs, and sugar over medium heat about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Do not boil. Stir over a bowl of ice water 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla; cover and chill 4-24 hours. Add more skim milk if needed to achieve desired consistency. Top with ground nutmeg just before serving.
Servings: 6

Per ½ cup serving: 65 Calories, 1.7 g Total Fat, 0.6 g Saturated
Fat, 64.8 mg Cholesterol, 93.2 mg Sodium, 15.7 g Total Carbohydrate, 0 g Dietary Fiber, 6.8 g Protein, 190.1 mg Calcium.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Servings: 24 pieces

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup evaporated 2% milk
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup light peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

In a medium, non-stick saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil slowly over medium-low heat, stirring frequently Boil until a few drops of hot syrup form a soft ball when dropped in a cup of ice water. (This stage of fudge making is usually reached when a candy thermometer registers between 234 and 240 degrees.)

Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Let fudge stand for 15 minutes without stirring.

Meanwhile, line bottom of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with a piece of waxed paper that sticks up 2 inches at both ends of pan (so you can lift out the fudge when it's ready). Spread fudge in pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cut into 24 pieces and store covered in refrigerator.

Serving Size: 1 piece.

Source: Crazy Plates
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 112 Calories; 2.2g Total Fat; (17% calories from fat); 1.2g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3.1mg Cholesterol; 23.4 mg Sodium; 0.4 g Fiber

SUGAR FREE RUM BALLS

1 C pecan pieces
3/4 C unsweetened dried coconut
1 C Equal Spoonful® or Splenda®
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons rum
2 teaspoons egg white powder
2 tablespoons warm water to dissolve egg white powder

Eliminate Chemical Laden Cooking Sprays!
Reusable and refillable Misto lets you spray a thin coat of oil with fingertip ease. Save fat and calories, cook with Misto! For more information or to order, click here.

Makes 24 Candies

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, combine coconut, sweetener and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. When the pecans have cooled a bit, coarsely chop them in a food processor or by hand. Add the pecans to the coconut mixture.

Melt the butter. Mix the rum with the melted butter and stir into the combined ingredients.

Put the egg white powder in a small bowl and add the warm water. Beat with a whisk for 2 minutes, until frothy and dissolved. Mix the egg whites into the combined ingredients. Form the mixture into little balls. Leave the candies on a baking sheet for about an hour to dry. Store in an airtight container.

Title: Angel Drops

2 Egg whites
1/4 ts Salt
1 ts Vanilla
3/4 c Sugar
1/2 c Dates, chopped
1 c Nuts, chopped
1 tb Flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add salt and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle dates and nuts with flour and fold into egg whites.

Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Cornbread Stuffing
Cornbread: (3 servings)
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups skim milk
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Stuffing:
2 hard-cooked large eggs
1 (12-ounce) can refrigerated fluffy buttermilk biscuits
1 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
1/2 tsp. pepper
5 cups low-salt chicken broth
2/3 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped onion
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten Make cornbread: Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk and egg whites, and add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack.

Make stuffing: Crumble cornbread into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Slice hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Chop egg whites; set aside. Reserve yolks for another use. Bake biscuits according to package directions; let cool. Tear 8 biscuits into small pieces; reserve remaining 2 biscuits for another use. Combine chopped egg whites, crumbled corn bread, torn biscuits, sage, and pepper in a large bowl, and set aside.

Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add celery and onion. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add broth mixture to corn bread mixture; stir well. Add beaten egg whites; stir well. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 45 minutes.

Each serving is 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
calories total fat sat fat protein fiber sodium carbs ww points
135 2 0 11 1 304 22

Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
• 1/2 c Splenda

• 1/4 c Packed brown sugar

• 1/4 c low fat Margarine

• 1 ts Vanilla

• 1 Egg white

• 1 c All-purpose flour

• 1/2 ts Baking soda

• 1/2 c Miniature semisweet Chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375F. Mix sugars, margarine, vanilla, and egg white in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, you may find it easier to roll in your hand and place on sheet, the dough tends to be very crumbly. 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

1 cookie: 60 calories; 20 calories from fat; 2 gram fat; 0 mg cholesterol

yield: 12 Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everybody have a great day. I am off to the shower and then to exercise (I know that sounds backwards, but I have to go to the mall looking presentable you know! )

Faye
Old 11-11-2003, 01:14 PM   #32  

Ok now, you're making me hungry! Where is Sandybrat??? How's everyone?? I'm ok, I "played tennis" if that's what you call it anyways. WE worked up a sweat and played hard and had fun so exercise for yesterday is a yes and yes to O/p No water though. As far as end of year goal I've lost 13.2 pounds so far and I think 15 is doable for me. I have actually been trying to not think about the holidays, I love to cook and bake during this time, but I know I can't, cuz I won't have enough will power. Maybe another year when I'm stronger.

Have a groovy day!
Lisa
Old 11-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #33  

Angry

Hey Ladies...how is everyone...as for me ,I have been extremely busy helping the children with all the legal matters concerning the will....never have I seen so much that you have to go through and get copies and mail here and there....and we still haven't completed it...he was a Government employee,and talk about some red tape....well back to me ,I have been op and drinking my water,and getting my exercise ...everyday I have been determined to get my 10,000.00 steps and then some ,which has been over four miles a day,right at 5....I break it up through out the day ...wear my pedometer from the time I step out of the bed till I go to bed...even if I dont get dressed right away,I stick it on either my panties or nighty shorts....lol..I sure feel terriffic lately....all the exercise...one thing about wearing the pedometer,ti makes you more apt to move your buns,knowing you have that goal of the steps to make....at least it has worked or me........Faye those recipes look really yummy,I am going to print them and try them.....I also had my son's end of soccer season big skating Party...we had a blast...well ,I need to go and get some more things done....all of you take care and I will post later....Faye ,I am so happy to hear that you ad Jack are doing so good girl....love and hugs to all....Joy
Old 11-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #34  

POINTS WRAPUP:

Lisa:
Joy:

Lisa: You are working your way back and that is great! Keep up the great work, sweety! You can do it!

Everyone have a good evening and I will talk with you in the morning if I don't get time to check back tonight!

Faye
Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 AM   #35  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... Well.. yesterday was a stressful on for me... nervewracking may be a better word... I had my appointment with the plastic surgeon. I was sooooo nervous... i think because i didnt know what to expect... anyway... he of course has a student with him... LOL that broke the ice right away... figures that i am soo worried about what to expect i forget that i am there to feel better... and to help teach... LOL It went well. Now we just have to wait for the insurance to see if they will cover the surgery... and that usually takes 4 to 8 weeks. Thats is why i am up.... couldnt sleep anymore... back is killing me. I also didnt realize that the numbness in my hands and fingers is caused by my large breasts... learn something new every day. so here i am... up and at em... bra on with my jammies, just drank my alka seltzer cold and took some motrin. Happy days!! LOL Kidding... actually its nice... quiet and i can come and write about yesterday and put it into perspective. Thats the wonderful thing about all of u friends... u listen... and u hear . So, yesterday i get all 4... was way under for calories but thats fine... just couldnt eat... i have my water here with me now... so its a good start. Both DH and DS number 2 have sinus infections... yuck... i feel for them. I should have come here yesterday but i was sure what to say... so i just stayed in my shell so to speak. I will be doing my watp tapes today as well... TOM was horrible the first 3 days.... so i am getting back into me again...lol I hope u are all well and happy today. Remember to take care of u... i love you all...

Sandy

Last edited by Sandybrat; 11-12-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:04 AM   #36  

Morning Ladies,

Sandyb, you are in my thoughts, hope the insurance comes through soon and you can get all that behind you. Take care.

pts for yesterday:3, water, food plan, and nooooo exercise! WHY AM I PUTTING THAT OFF PLEASE?????????????????????????? I JUST NEED TO DO IT!

Check in later gals
Old 11-12-2003, 08:21 AM   #37  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. So what can you complain, gripe, harangue, or cry about? We are here to listen!

BEGINNING POINTS:

SandyB:
Me: (lost track of how much water I drank so I don't think I will take the water point for yesterday!)
Pam:

SandyB: For everyone concerned, please explain to everyone what you want to have done surgically so we can start praying for you! You are going to be fine and the insurance is going to come through for you I am sure!

Lisa: I saw on another thread you were asking about fiber and salt and no one has answered you. Ok, here goes. To help with the risk of diabetes, heart disease and such you should be taking in 25 to 40 gr of fiber. I help this out by drinking a glass of citrucel every morning. As for salt, you should limit yourselt fo 2400 mg tops which if you poured it out would only amount to 1 tsp of table salt believe it or not! Hope that helps. If you still want more info, http://familydoctor.org/handouts/099.html for fiber and http://www.healthgoods.com/Education...odium_diet.htm for sodium info.

Jack is having a tough time, but not with his heart. He wrenched his back in bed a couple nights ago and we can't seem to get the pain to go away. He sat up most of the night in the recliner with the heating pad on because he was in pain. I put Ben Gay on and gave the area a good massaging before I tucked him back into bed so I may be eating breakfast alone and fix his later.

From time to time, I get pm's from people I don't know telling me what an inspiration I am etc. I got one this morning from a sweet young woman and I can't tell you how uplifting it is. It spurs me on to try harder and helps me to know I am making a difference for someone, which is what I really want to do. I want everyone of you ladies to succeed to the utmost. I don't want you to give up or give in to thoughts in your head that you can't do this or that it isn't working or that "to heck with it I guess I am just destined to be fat." BOLOGNA! IT IS TIME FOR THIS GROUP TO QUIT MESSING AROUND AND GET TOTALLY SERIOUS WITH WHAT THEY WANT! We have to quit making excuses (to ourselves) about why we don't drink enough water, why we didn't eat properly, why there just wasn't time to exercise. Instead when we get up in the morning we need to look at the beautiful woman staring back at us in the mirror and say, "I AM WORTH BEING HEALTHY. I AM WORTH HAVING THE BODY I WANT. I AM WORTH BEING SEXY AND DESIRABLE." Everyone of you is worth all that and more. So the time is at hand to get our heads on right, make plans to avoid those sweets, gravies, and heavy sauces of the holiday for more intelligent, but no less tasty offerings. We CAN enjoy the holidays AND the food that comes with it. WE CAN say no to that big piece of pie and opt for a low fat dessert or a tiny slice of the fat laden pie. We MUST REMEMBER that FOOD is NOT the most important thing about the holidays even Thanksgiving. NOW YOU GO OUT AND CONQUER THE FAT WORLD, GIRLS! MAKE ME PROUD AND WORK HARD SO WE CAN ALL BE EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT TO BE~

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-12-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:14 AM   #38  

MAAM, YES MAAM!!

Oh Faye, Whenever you do your thing, I can't help thinking of Forest Gump! "Julie, WHY DID YOU LOSE ALL THAT WEIGHT????" "You told me to, drill sargeant!" "YOU"RE A GENIUS!"

SO, today is a new day, right?? Yesterday BIT HARD! I was pmsing badly and just wanted to munch constantly! I think I ate a half a tub of hummus! and toast, and popcorn, and ff/sf pudding and more and more and more. I knew I was eating compulsively, but I just couldn't stop! I was totally stressed about a sewing job that has taken me waaayyy too long to finish, and I was beating myself up over it. There was a time when I could sew for 10 or 12 hours straight and just whiz through the projects. Of course, I also lived in a complete pigsty and the kids were babies, so they slept alot, and I cooked frozen dinners. I've actually started being a "real" mom who actually does cook and clean and help with homework and it takes alot of time! I'm so obsessed with making an extra buck or two that I've gotten into a hundred little sideline money projects and they're suffocating me. I never make very much, just enough to catch up on a bill or two, and it's exhausting! So, I think that's why I was binging yesterday. Stress, pure and simple.

Well, that sucks! What a stupid excuse!! Ok, I need to get out of all these little deals and just be mom for a while.........Whadya think? Is that acceptable? I have this unbelievable guilt complex about letting my husband support us singlehandedly. That's not the modern woman my mama raised me to be!! PHew, glad that's off my chest! I didn't even know it was there....guess it's a good thing it's Wednesday

AND I didn't exercise, just cuz I didn't feel like it. At least I finally drank my water!

Sandy, I will pray that your insurance comes through and that the surgery goes well. I'm sure you'll feel better once it's over.

Pam--I'll do my exercise today and you do yours, KAY? Then we can both smile tomorrow with those 4 pointers!

Lisa--Don't deny your cooking urges for the holidays! You'll regret it, I did that last year and ended up "doing" the holidays in January cuz I was so bummed. Use your weapons.....good healthy recipes! SPLENDA!! WATER WATER WATER!! and the CALENDAR!! You don't need to cook the whole season long, just at the appropriate times. Maybe have a bunch of friends or family over for Christmas Eve, or Boxing Day (DEc. 26th) so they can help you eat up all the yummy stuff you like to cook. If you make your plans now, it will be so much easier to stay on track in the coming weeks.

WELL, this is what happens when I write you gals after I drop off my kids......I RAMBLE ON AND ON AND ON

Hope you all have a great day!
Julie
Old 11-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #39  

Julie: We tend when we want to make money and have ways to do it to overextend ourselves and obviously that is what you have done. I would look at the "projects" you have for yourself, select those that are doable and enjoyable to you and cut back on the rest. I would set up my day with a "sewing time" and not go over it, like, I am going to sew 3 hours a day and when that time is up, get up from the machine. Let your clients know what to expect time frame wise and I am sure it won't be a problem in most cases and if it is, they can find someone else to take on something last minute. Stress eating is a biggy. I think most women stress eat. I stress clean, which is less harmless, but no less serious. We shouldn't substitute anything for stress, but try and eliminate it from our lives and when we can, learn how to handle it. I boredom eat and when you are not working boy can there be a lot of boredom. On top of that, we are fed up with our cable company and are getting it yanked out and not taking on a dish either so there will be lots less on tv. I am just going to have to find substitutes to keep me busy. I think with the money I save from cable, I will start on the house projects like the painting, wallpapering and such. That will definitely keep me busy.

Everyone have a good day and take care of you!

Faye
Old 11-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #40  

Good Morning girls!!

I'm back....a little better than ever too

Okay for points I got all 4 pts on Monday and 4pts for Tuesday.

I been busy and this Stubborn TOM's got me a bit annoyed now. I called the doctor's office and they told me to give it one more month, which would be the third month...for the pills, Mircette to take effect. These are low in estrogen...which I need because of my PCOS(polycycstic ovarian syndrome). They also told me TOM may be outta wack because of the recent stress, weight loss, and new medication ofglocuphage XR (I am isulin resistant-PCOS related). So I will give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens next month. If it continues then they'll switch my pill.

Okay moving to the next...I lost 1 lb this week, which I am happy about because at least TOM hasn't made me gain or got me stuck, but it I feel it's slowed me down a lot and I am starting to feel a little fatigue...I'm getting me some vitamins today .

About Andrew he is out of rehab..early because insurance didn't cover it..go figure . He's been sober for 1about 15 days( found out that month I thought he didn't drink..he actually had, but kept it to a small amount so I wouldn't notice on the phone )
But anyway, now he is going to meetings and so am I...they're helping me a lot with some of my issues. We are still broken up, and I told him the only thing I could offer to him was my friendship and support or help during his recovery, but nothing else. He took it as he says he rather have me as a friend than to lose me. We're talking more about our feelings also and I am taking one day at a time.

The hard part for me right now, since I am sorta doing a self recovery of my soul too:

1-going with the flow of things
2-not stressing on things too much
3-stop being so controling
4- and just not having to plan every single thing...relaxing

but I am getting better

Faye: those are great recipes...thanks, especially the pineapple upside down cake...I actually have to make that for thanksgiving...it's one of my contributions, so thanks for the fat free recipe. Oh and congrats on the 5 lbs you're great!!! By the way when did the year challenge start I don't know how many I should lose to meet it????

Pam- glad to hear youre imprving on your exercising...keep it up, don't give up.

Amanda-hope the job turns out well for you.

Julie- wow you have lots of yummy recipes...thank you for sharing them.

Lisa- glad to hear your doing good.

SandyB- I will keep you in my prayers regarding the surgery...I think you asked about the pills, they're birth control, Mircette, and I am using them to regulate my TOM.

Susan- I am proud of you. You are being determined and doing great. Keep it up girl you can do this... we all can!!

Judy- sorry about your knee hope you feel better hon.

Anyone I missed sorry, but take care and hope you're all doing great.

Okay I think that is all for me today...I'll check in more now that it's a bit less crazier.

Old 11-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #41  

Dorothy: YOU GET A: for points. Also, the pineapple upside down cake is fabo. It tastes great and like I said, I used the crushed instead of pineapple rings. I think it gives everyone more pineapple taste. I would take ff cool whip to dollop on it, that is what I do to Jack's. As for Andrew, you are doing great with that. He has a lot of issues and I am glad you still keep communication lines open with him. He can use the friendship! Glad you are going to meetings. It will help you enormously!

I made the choc chip cookies this morning. I didn't find them to be crumbly at all, but I did make a double batch. DO NOT EXPECT the same kind of cookie. It has less fat so it doesn't flatten out like a regular cookie nor does it taste the same. It has more of a dense consistency, but still is a good chocolate treat! I think I might try double choco ones next time.

Well, this is absolutely not getting anything done so I better say ttfn!

Faye
Old 11-12-2003, 12:39 PM   #42  
I Can and I Will

Hi guys... the surgery is a breast reduction. I have benn having such horrible back pain across my back where your bra strap goes... wakes me up and then cant go back to sleep... hve to prop myself up with pillows almost upright... so thats the scoop on the surgery. I want to thank u all for your prayers and support... Its kinda scary but in the end the pain will be gone and i will be a new woman...lol Maybe i can even spend less than 30$ on a bra!! LOL And yes... i am going to exercise today... i have been counting all my furniture moving as exercise( i hve been in a rearranging mood) lol so i will do my watp today. TOM really wiped me out so the tapes were just too much... but thats over and done with... so i guess i shoudnt count that into my points... I will catch up some more later... have to finish rearranging... LOL ttfn

Sandy
Old 11-12-2003, 12:42 PM   #43  

Talking

**** EVERYONE......just a few quick words as I have to run...got all 4 yesterday.... ...also wanted to get yall's opinion...thinking about joining weight watchers......I have seen so much success with this program and the accoutability would really do me some good....and the structure of the program....check in later....Joy
Old 11-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #44  

Hi everyone,

Thanks Faye for the info. I was kinda surprised no one was answering. You're a big help as always. I'm not too sure if I'll ever get that salt thing down that low. I'm currently trying to just not add salt to anything and that's way hard for me since I'm a salt lover.

Sandy- Smile chica! It's all going to be ok, and we are here for you if you need to talk. I'll send ya my e mail just in case. You know you're in my thoughts and prayers girl. Big Hugs to ya!

Thanks for all the support everyone,
Lisa
Old 11-12-2003, 01:08 PM   #45  

Oh yeah.... One more thing...Mirabelly!

That low-cal pumpkin MUSTARD recipe turned out Fabulous!!! I happened to have all the ingredients already and just whipped it up quick like last night, even my DH loved it.

Thanks Alot
Closed Thread