Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

JUDY ~ I found something for you
Click on the link below...

"THANKSGIVING QUOTES"

http://www.twilightbridge.com/hobbie...ing/quotes.htm
Old 11-14-2003, 07:12 PM   #47  
Quit counting at 45!

Default It's the weekend!!

I have just come home from a hectic day at work. I had a problem customer come in just before closing and it took me 15 minutes to deal with him. My co-workers helped me balance and also told me that I had handled him well. I am very thankful for my coworkers. I feel like we worked at a team like we should. It's not always like that so I'm especially thankful for that today.

I have been doing really well with my WOE. I have stayed away from sugar and white flour for 4 days now. I'm excited for Monday weigh in.

The chili I'm cooking is almost ready and I'm starving. I'll try to post more later.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:17 PM   #48  

Talking

How to Tell the Sex of a Fly

A woman walked into the kitchen

to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Hunting Flies" He responded.

"Oh. Killing any?" She asked.

"Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied.

Intrigued, she asked. "How can you tell?"

He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone."
Old 11-14-2003, 07:21 PM   #49  

Exclamation

Looks like "The THREAD-HOG" strikes again!

"Where is everyone!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:50 PM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

RIGHT HERE SUNNY-- HERE I AM-- sorry for not posting-- the kids and Angie have been so busy with the computer with homework and school stuff this week. Had a meeting with my insurance agent tonight (long term care plan--- ouch!!! am I old!!) and now we are off to the BIG high school football game, my son, step-d, nephew and myself-- between the cross town rivals-- mine and my kids alma mater (and where nephew will be going) against my step-d's high school and where half of my nephew's class will be going next year-- if we don't win it will be an upset (minor one) but both teams are in the county top ten so anything can happen.
GOTTA HURRY-- Gary
Old 11-15-2003, 10:10 AM   #51  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

I'm at work until about 1 today and then at 3 I have a coffee date! Not with my shy guy unfortunately, but with someone i met online and we talked on the phone and really hit it off. Afraid to say too much, we'll just see how it goes tonight. He mentioned if it goes well, maybe we'll have dinner, but it'll have to be an early dinner cuz i'm going to church at 8 tonight!

Went to the movies last night w/my friend Byron. We say Master and Commander w/Russell Crowe. I really liked it, i think it could be an Oscar nomination. Very engaging.

Must get to work!...
Old 11-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #52  

Default Has been stressful week!

When you think things are going bad they always get worse right? This last 2 weeks have not been the best.

Today we buried my dear brother-in-law -- only 48 years old but he did now the Lord and he is now free from pain. Two weeks before he died when his new wife of 2 years went to have her check up with the doctor -- she is due to have the baby on the 23rd of this month, brother in law mentioned that he would like to know the sex of the baby as he didn't feel that good and was getting worse and was worried that he might not make it till the birth. Boy it sure goes to show that we know deep down when the time could be near. Anyway they told him that they were sure it is a girl. From what she is saying they thought of the name Elexa (not sure of the spelling) but we are all hoping that she will include dad's name in there somewhere -- Leslie. She is holding up rather well considering that she has one more week to due date. My mother in law is a super lady - she buried her husband 2 years ago and she said yesterday that she is now ready to be there to help Melanie -- I am sure they will be a great comfort to each other and that the baby will bring a lot of joy to both of them.

I have also been under the weather -- tremendous amount of headaches. Saw the doc. and his first thing was 'what has been happening lately with you at home?' When I told him, he took my blood pressure and then looked into the eyes with that machine they have. Told me he saw no signs of anything wrong in the head re tumor but that my blood pressure which is normally 138 over 78 was not 168 over 78 and he believes it is that which is causing me this discomfort. He is a Christian so he was able to take a few minutes and remind me of scripture to help me through this ordeal -- brother in law had cancer surgery and two years later his came back. I had cancer surgery and two years later it came back. Brother in law lived 2 more years and is now home with the Lord -- hubby and I, not intentionally but we are thinking if this is what is going to happen with me. Doc advised that I should get as much rest as possible, and that I need to de stress completely -- yeah like how do you do that when you are a wife, working on being a cancer survivor and raising two special needs children who happen to be teens now. But it has been somewhat better today -- I am working on avoiding things that I know stress me out and must say the kids are really trying as well as hubby to do what they can.

Weight: Haven't lost anything for some time now. Total is stilll 22.75 pounds from heaviest -- but went grocery shopping very early this morning and am ready to have a good week

Exercise: am still doing my walking - working on hitting 700 miles completed before Christmas. Hubby is a great encourager here. Have also reset up the treadmill so I can use it also and have pulled out my dumbbells. I have now a set of exercises that I can do at home with these and my plan is to incorporated them into my routine between 3 - 5 times in a week. Wanting to see what the difference would be in 21 days doing this

Want to share this verse with you also -- it comes to mind whenever I go do my walking and now with the thought of doing weight training at home.

Hebrews 12:11-12 says
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:37 PM   #53  

Hello I Have been real busy at work with all the new hires. Now the scheduler is not acting right so I will go in Sunday and do some more. I could use the OT because we spent our christmas club money on the wedding. It is going to be tight!

Sunny D-Sorry to make you the thread hog!LOL I Liked your stories. My son even liked the one about the flies!

EZ-I found something my 16 yr old it good at TALKING! She has joined the speech team and has won 3rd both times! And they only ribbons up to 10th and thier was 31 people giving speeches.
I have always said she was the Drama queen (she is the one who lookes like Julia Stiles)

Wilma-I am so glad to see your doing well. Keep up the good work. I am glad things are going well for you at work. I was grumpy at the start of the week but was in a good mood at the end. We had a big meal at work and I have to admit I was bad! But I am now back on track.

Mitchypoo-I think you should at least look for ONE job ith insurance! I have good insurance and I spend about 200.00 a month in Meds! I think about all the things I wish I could spend that money on! Have fun on your coffee and maybe dinner date! When I read some of your post your remind me of my oldest DD. She has said to me before that she didn't feel she fit in at a job she liked office jobs but didn't like the petty things that went along. And I hate to say it but she can be a LITTLE out spoken sometimes. But now she has a job that she loves and it sounds like they really like her to. So keep looking thier is something else out there for you.

Angel Lover-Post when you can. I am still keeping you in my prayers. You have been a blessing to this group! (today is my Angels birthday she is 7)

Sprout-My heart is going out to you. I have several friends who have cancer and I know thier fear. My one friend her son was in stage 4 when they found it and it was the size of a football and the worse kind to have! And now he is gone long enough in remission that he is CURED! He was only given 5% chance of recovery and if he went into remission he had a 80% chance of it coming back. He had the stem cell transplant and now he is married and is doing well. I know when I fist became ill I just knew I would die before my kids grew up. (My Dad died at 47 and his Dad died young also) And my friend Cindy who has Lupus BAD was at the wedding and she was the last to leave and we sat and talked and deep down we both admitted we were scared that we wouldn't be around to see our kids grow up. And that is something that unless you have had those types of scares you don't understand. I am here for you. I made up my mind when I saw my friends struggle and beat cancer I wasn't going to give into it. That is why no matter how bad I feel I still get up and keep going.

Judy-Every parents nightmare! Just after you posted about how wonderful your area was. (not meaning its not) One day my High school kids were late getting home and the next day they sent a letter out explaining that it was rumored that someone was in the building with a knife so they had to lock down. I can remember when I was in junior high I was in swimming class and a student called in a bomb threat and we had to leave the building It was winter. And we stood outside for over an hour then sent us next door to the other school. they found out who did it and he was kicked out (I would have liked to been the one who kicked him)

Sue-I hope you can post soon we miss you.

I would like a prayer request I am a little worried today the blood vessels in one of my eyes has busted and looks awful. it seems to be getting a little bit bigger I haven't strained or anything it just showed up. And I have a little discomfort in that eye.

Hope I can post more Sunday. Thanks for the prayers for my friends DD. She is still in the hospital but is doing better and can now have vistors. I am taking my DD to see her Sunday.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:47 AM   #54  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all! Happy Sunday

I've read most of the posts and your prayer requests are noted and i'm praying for all of us as a group.

I had a really great date yesterday! (I think i'm still a little surprised!) We met at the cafe and ended up having a drink and sat by the fireplace and talked. Then he asked me if i'd like to go to church w/him at 5 and to dinner afterward. So we did, church was nice, a little modern for a Catholic church but i liked it, then we went to Hops for dinner and had a very nice time, we talked (had no lack in the conversation) and it was really fun. Then we went to his place and worked on a puzzle, had a drink and then i left and was home around 9 pm. He goes to bed very early because of his work schedule (He's a news cameraman and editor, which is really interesting), and because he has an 8 yo son who comes over every other day. He told me he thought i was intriguing and would love to get to know me more. It was so nice to finally have a nice decent enjoyable date!

Going to my friend's mom's house to introduce our dogs, i hope Simba behaves. She can be territorial at first and this is a little pomeranian. I hope her motherly instincts will take over cuz they have to get along while we're out in CA. Then tonight we have Alpha and it's healing night, we'll be doing prayer ministry and we have a great speaker coming. I'm looking forward to it. And i'm looking forward to seeing shy guy.

It's foggy and chilly here today, going to rain. Feel like i should put a pot of soup on.

Marilyn~that was a great scripture, thank you!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #55  

Exclamation Whew! Anyone Back on???

Morning Everyone!

I sure do hope that everyone will be able to get back???!!!! This is very upsetting...

I'll be back later this afternoon. I am missing you guys so very much!!!

Loves,
SunnyD
Old 01-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #56  

Angry Hi!

I thought I was going to have alot of reading to catch up- Pray everyone had a great Christmas and a good start to wonderful New Year. I found ya Sunny. I have been busy working overtime to pay for Alaska trip, and have had staff out on comp. so been really really busy, but wanted to pop in to catch up, and guess I'll have to wait for that. My pastor got his results back again from pet scan, on Monday and praise the Lord no sign of melanoma, They stopped all treatment now, and will re-scan in 3 months to see if it starts again, the Lord is good. Will check in and see if anyone else has located us, tom. butin the meantime, Happy New Year! LUv yahs!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #57  

Exclamation STOP!

STOP! DO NOT POST HERE...
Go to "SUPPORT GROUPS" ~ CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #178
LINK:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=34663
Closed Thread