Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 06:42 PM   #16  
Domestic Engineer

Dh is just walking for his papers...they have to go into the mailboxes or paper-holders so a bike would actually make it harder. One of the routes is in a neighborhood just over from ours where the lots are huge and houses quite spread out- he gets a whole 1 cent more per paper there Like I said it's not for the money!

I've gotten a little bit done today- isn't nice to just have a day at home!! I'm still in my pjs (lounge-wear rather). I was going to make cookies, but somehow have run out of eggs...guess I haven't been grocery shopping in awhile! I usually have at least 3 dz. in my fridge. Probably a good thing though...

I was looking at WW on-line and thinking about taking the plunge and joining...but then I got a dentists bill in the mail and we just got this computer and Christmas sneaking up on me...I just don't know if I can afford it right now! I guess I can still count points...
Spryng could you send me that point slider website again? Thanks!

Well, my soup is ready- almost all veggie, just a bit of leftover roast and barley in it too. Smells good anyway.
TTyl!
Old 11-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Emily, I would love to send you that site but it's saved on my computer and i can't get it to work right now. I've searched and searched for it... but I can't find it again. I can't even remember how I found it to begin with. But I will try to find it again tonight ok? I feel lucky that I don't have to pay to be on WW. i wish I had extra stuff to send to you so you could join too. I will try really hard to find that site for you tonight.
Misty, I am sorry you are so miserable. But that is normal when you are 38 weeks along huh? I was trying my best to get Tanner out at 38 weeks. Blue cohosh... castor oil... and all kinds of other things... and alas, he only came out because he was forced out with the induction! lol. I think he could have stayed in there another two weeks... (I had him one day over due)
Well, got to get off here. My night is going great. The kids are watching Finding Nemo for the 2nd time today. They really love that movie. but so do I. TTYL!
Old 11-08-2003, 08:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 274/167/175

Height: 6'0"

Hi!! Just got back from Ann Arbor, where we had the big pot luck with my former co-workers. Ate bits of what I wanted, and really enjoyed myself. Used 15 of my flexpoints already (thought I was so good too!) but just means I need to move my body more this week to exercise!

And all my paranoia was meaningless--at my weigh in this morning I had lost another 1.25 pounds!!

Denise
Old 11-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #19  
Movin' to the Country!

Emily, you have given me hope!!! Don't know for sure if we will have a third but if we do, I'm hoping for blue!

My TOM is also due next week and I am craving chocolate like crazy!!! I am extremely sad to say that today I have eaten 2 brownies and a cup of chocolate pudding I am definitely going to have to get a grip on this before I gain back the itty bitty 4 pounds I"ve lost!

Anyhows, I'm am zapped so I'm outta here

Hope everyone has a good night!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:43 PM   #20  
soontobethin

Good evening all,
Candy, I understand what you are going through. My TOM is coming up next week and I too have been craving sweets. My husband got out the halloween candy, but I am glad to say I went and had a handful of raisins. The past few months since I have been drinking mostly water and exercising, I haven't had any cramps, which is a good incentive to keep going if nothing else. And, also Candy, your stats and mine are the exact same. I want to get down to 130, and right now am at 164, so hopfully I can get back down to that.
Misty, your baby will be here soon. He is probraly just extremley comfortable even though your not. It won't be much longer.
It's been cold here the past few days, so much so I haven't been able to take the boys out to play, and they are going stir crazy. Thank goodness for Finding Nemo! I will check back in later.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:08 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi-
Well, I am back from my college visit day, which I thought went well until I got home! Sometimes, I just can't figure out Dh at all. What is that saying~ "the more I learn about human nature, the more I appreciate my cat!". Well, that is where I am at, ladies- and my silly kitty is sitting on the computer monitor, 'cause she missed me.

Wow, it has been busy here today.

First of all, Michele asked about Jackie. Her FIL passed away about 2 weeks ago (he had been ill, but I am not sure if this was unexepected or not). She had posted just before that, and yes, I miss her too!!!!! Gosh, there is nothing like a vintage Jackie post! Hopefully, she will be able to join us again soon. We miss you, Jackie!

Candy- hey a fellow chocolate fiend!!!!! That was me the last few days, and I did give in to it. (stress got to me too). Hope that TOM just hurries on with it to get the miserable PMS stage over with for you!

Emily- gee, I thought that you had WW materials. This might take me some time.......my mom has some much older stuff that I got a while ago, but points are points and the principle has not changed. If I can get that from her (she has not even looked at the stuff in a year) maybe I can ship it to you. Extra sliders are usually easy to come by, and the other source without spending all the bucks is Ebay. (that is how I got the stuff my mom has).
Bet you can find some older "winning points" stuff there for 20-30$ there.

Denise and Spryng- congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!! (Spryng, glad that FIL is doing ok)

Ricci- sounds like you have a plan for staying away from sweets. Glad that Nemo worked so well for you today too.

Michele- so, Hoss is a hunter?? How did the venison come out?
Sounds like you are nesting..... My youngest (#3 also) was my latest too!

Karen- hope I did not sound snotty to you about the second opinion. I am happy for you that someone whose opinion you respect (the Dr in Ca) agrees with your current Dr. Sounds like they tried to go easy on you with the previous surgery......as an attempt to spare you the hysterectomy. But I too have a friend who last year had to have the larger surgery and she says it was the best thing she did......no regrets and she feels much, much better. Hang in there! We are all pulling for you.

Me tired puppy. Our day went well- the school was nice but expensive.......and little help in the way of a scholarship for softball. (we knew that already). Now, it sounds as though Dh is backing out of all this college shopping- wants me to do it all (will I ever have a life??) because he and Dd argue too much. Strangulation is on my mind now......I just don't want to go into it now.
Off to bed! See you tomorrow.
Ginny (forgive me if I forgot anyone)
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #22  

Emily Emily Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found it! I've been looking for over an hour now and I found that site!!!! Email me at [email protected] and I will send it to you. Boy, I was so afraid I would never find it again. It has many neat things to download. You can get a points calculator for your computer (which is handy) and recipe builder... the printable points slider.. etc. but email me and I'll send it to you.
Ok, I wish I could get more personal but I am so tired! It was a nice day though. All my flex for the week are gone!!! I'm happy about that. I ate well today, lol. I actually didn't eat alot I just chose very high point food so I could get rid of those flexpoints. Ok, ladies. I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow!
Old 11-09-2003, 01:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Ginny so glad you had time to post. Thanks for the info on Jackie. I'll be saying extra prayers for her. So sorry things with Dd are still rocky. But maybe with Dh backing out of helping her find a college will take some pressure off where you won't need to play refferee so much. And to think, your little girl is going to college you may someday look back on these days and miss them. I know I'm nuts! Sorry to hear you had some stress eating also. Hope you are feeling better soon. And hang in there hon we are all pulling for you. Oh and the stew was a hit. Everyone loved it. Thanks for asking.
Spryng can you send that WW site to me, I'm seriously considering joining after I have Baylan. I'd like to see what its all about. Good for you having such a great day too. And I was thinking about you and your last few months carring Tanner. I keep telling myself those things don't work but it is so tempting to try at this point. I'm miserable. I feel like a weeble wobble.
Candy I also have the worst chocolate cravings when TOM arrives. I could eat reese cups by the truck load! I love chocolate. But I found one staple item I always keep in my cupboard. Sugar Free cocoa. I buy 2 boxes everytime I go to the store. It has 50 cals and keeps me from having a chocolate breakdown.
Emily hope it works out for you to join WW also. Seems like such a great program.
Denise Congrats on being a loser!
Ricci did you kids love nemo too?
Karen you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are doing well.

Well gals. I'm having trouble staying comfortable sitting in this chair so I guess I'd better get off here. So miserable with all this pressure... HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:03 PM   #24  
Domestic Engineer

Thank you Spryng! I got it and appreciate you doing that for me.
Ginny- you were right I do have some WW stuff. I was in it for a few weeks in 1999 before getting pregnant with ds-2. I think I may have lost my slider early on because I hardly remember it. Do any of you know the formula to calulate points?? I know that calories, fat and fiber are involved, of course. I do though still have several of the booklets- need to dig them out!

Ricci!! raisins over chocolate?? Wow- you are committed girl!

I'm trying to hold out on Finding Nemo for Santa to bring...sure is hard when it's *everywhere*!! We'll see.

Well, I've had a nice day- church, a nap Now I need to figure out what to feed my family for dinner.
take care!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:53 AM   #25  

Good morning all!
Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. My internet was down. The company I get it through was bought out and the switch happened yesterday so I lost my connection... called them this morning and they got it back up and running. But boy did I miss it! I don't think I could function without my internet!!! lol.
Emily, what did you decide on dinner? I'm making that cheesy chicken casserole Ginny posted in here some time ago. I've made it once before and we all liked it.
Misty, blue cohosh and such WILL work if you are ready to go into labor. What I would do is wait until your next doc appointment.. find out if you are getting much softer and dilating more and effacing of course... if all is going well it doesn't hurt to try. They are all very safe for the baby. But that is a personal decision. Of course you can always do the old fashioned methods of walking and sex!!! But I'm sure he will be here soon.
How was everyone elses weekend?
FIL is doing well and recovering. He's having major withdrawels from not being able to smoke but MIL is forcing him to quit. She said she will be the meanest wife ever and the only way to avoid it is to divorce her... she said she'll become his shadow and force him to never smoke again. Well... we will see how that goes over. She works full time so she can't watch him 24 hours a day. I know her intentions are good but you can't make a person do something they don't want to do. But he is feeling better. Part of his heart is dead and will never recover. They wanted to do open heart surgery but he wouldn't have made it through alive. So they just did the angioplasty and are hoping for the best. We don't know when he'll be getting out. I just hope he takes better care of himself and his heart and diabetes from now on.
Other than that things are going fine for me. Dh is on his way to colorado... a very long trip (he's in MASS. today) but it will pay well. He comes home this friday and I can't wait to see him. Only 4 more days!!!
Well, I'm just trying to get my house in order. I've felt so lazy the past few days and i think I may be getting a cold. Which explains why I've felt tired the past few days. So I'm going to hit my Vit C and Zicam and hope I don't get it. Well... I'll check back in later! Have a greta day all!
Oh, Karen, how did your WI go???
Old 11-10-2003, 12:28 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
It was quiet here.........glad I got a chance to post after a busy weekend. Sorry that I did not get here yesterday at all, as I tried to squeeze in a whole weekend of stuff into one day. Interesting and tiring.

Gosh Spryng- you have felt lazy????? After all that you have been thru with your in laws?! Sounds like you needed a wee bit of a break there hon.......glad that you got one (well sort of). I hope you took advantage of feeling laid back and relaxed a bit. Your family has been thru a lot. Take your vitamins...... and I hope you do not get a cold. Glad that FIL is ok- and I hope for your sake that he gets home soon.

Emily- well, I can help you with the slider problem......if you trust me with your home address, I can see if I can get my hands on another one, or I still have my old one. It works just fine, just needs some tape to hold it together (it is pretty clean and very legible). What did you end up making for dinner?

Michele- I read your posts with happiness and a twinge of sympathy. I love to hear from you.....but if you are still posting then Baylor is not here yet!!!!!!! Glad your stew was good, and thanks for the sympathy about the situation with Dd. I am really starting to rethink this whole thing. She is plenty bright and can get into some really fine schools- but maybe she is better off in the comminuty college- and then eventually transfer to another school. Dh has mentioned it~ and there is a part of me that says that might be the way to go for her. We'll have to see........

Got my walk in this am.. my cold walk (14 degrees!). I did cut it a bit short, as I was not really dressed for it to be that cold. Made up for it by raking some leaves this am. Other than that, not much is exciting here. I have tomorrow off (all the kids do) boy, boy do I need a day off!!!!! I hope to get back here later. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #27  

Good afternoon all!
Ginny, hope you are doing well this afternoon. Is that what your dd wants... to go to the community college? I think it is a great idea. Gives her a chance to spread her wings and ease into college life before she gets involved with a big school that may be some distance away. When does she have to decide? What are you making for dinner? I have been taking my vitamins and am trying to ward off this cold. Poor Tanner has it bad. Poor thing. So I know I'm getting it from him. The other two show no symptoms yet... so maybe they'll get lucky. But I took my multivitamin... my vit c and some zicam and hopefully I nip it in the bud.
Well... got some news on FIL. He woke up today having chest pains and they found he has another clot. He really needs the surgery but the doctors almost guarentee he wouldn't make it through it. So I don't know what they are going to do for him. They are running more tests today.
Does anyone know how to lower cholesterol?? I'm about to do some research on it. They told MIL that if he gets to come home he needs to work on lowering his cholesterol. So I got a phone call asking me how to do that (since I'm the only health conscience person in the family... I took it as a compliment) All I know about it is that cholesterol is actually fat. And to lower fat you have to lower the amount of fat in your diet. And oatmeal is really good about lowering cholesterol. Anything else?
Well I'm going to go look it up. TTYL!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:13 PM   #28  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Spryng - TO lower cholestreol.. there are several things one needs to do (I am in that process myself)

1) exercise is a biggie in this. Even if he walks 15-20 minutes a day they find that walking is one of the biggest things that helps drop cholestrol

2) Stay away from Trans fats! Anything with Hyrdronated fats in it (Margrine is a biggie there)

3) drink lots of water

4) Eat lots of whole grains and fiber

Hope that helps!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:53 PM   #29  

Thanks Karen! I found a really great site on it so I feel informed now. I know there is good cholesterol and bad... and your tips were right on target. Also a diet low in fat, especially saturated fat helps. It seems like a huge lifestyle change for them so I don't know if they'll actually change their diet. But I can hope, for his sake anyway.
Well, what was your WI today?? I'm in suspense!!!
TTYL!
Old 11-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #30  
hangin' in there...

WOW, you guys have been busy! I just spent a long time reading and catching up on posts, and now I don't have time for a long post or to get personal. I'm sorry!!! Just been very busy with work and the family.

Kids are off from school here tomorrow, too, so I will come home from work and snooze a bit, then dh and I are taking them to see Brother Bear. So, I will be back Wednesday to catch up (again!). Hope everyone is well..........
Closed Thread