Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 11:08 AM   #16  

little grasshopper - you're diet looks pretty good to me.

I'm still fighting the scales. It was down from yesterday, but still not as low as it was. Oh, well.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Grasshopper must be psychic....all this OT work at the farm has gotten me sicker instead of better...so much for freshair and healthy living!lol...

this danged cough has settled in my chest...dry cough..aggravating my asthma. It sucks

Eating well still tho. Only slight cravings for chips and chocolate but i feel so icky that I just don't have the energy to follow up.

It's time for ToM again. Haven't seen a gain, since I stepped on the scale yesterday. Soooooo I'm taking that as a victory! Take care ladies and hopefully I'll see you later tonite!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

nah, not psychic - just experienced at over working myself into an even deeper sickness! Be careful!!

SB sorry the scales won't budge. Mine aren't moving either. I'd gained a pound earlier in the week but seem to have dropped it again....water?? It's hard to believe water can fluctuate so often when I'm eating pretty much the same stuff all the time.....oh well.

I'm really stressing this week over school and money. The more I stress the harder it is to keep my diet healthy. The one thing keeping me on track right now is that I'm hypoglicemic and if I eat the things I'd like to - I'd never be able to handle school, working and life right now. I'd be sick as a dog all the time!!! That being said - I'd love to pig out on cheap comfort food!!!! Why is the healhty stuff always the expensive stuff????? AAGGGHHH!!!!

I'd like to cut back this god awful miserable job I have - But I'm realizing that not only can I not cut it back - I'm going to have to take more hours until after the holidays. aggggg!

Well there's my whining. sorry for the vent. I do feel better now though
Old 11-09-2003, 10:20 AM   #19  

Venting is Healthy Grasshopper...and we all need a place to vent. Here is a great place! We'll listen!

I'm hypoglycemic as well...and my bloodsugars fluctuate horribly if I don't eat properly. Protien is the mainstay of my dietary life. It keeps my sugars and energy level thruout the day. And I know what you mean that if you eat the things you really crave for comfort you'll be terribly sick later on. I get that way too...eat too many carbs or way too much sugar and I feel like have the major flu...all achy and icky.

Where is everyone lately? Is it just the three of us lately? I wonder where Shelley and everyone have disappeared to. I wonder where Southern Butterfly went?

It's pretty cold here...maybe everyone is going into hibernation! I've been eating well this wee. My virus is going away slowly but surely...and the coughing is slowing down enuff that I'm actually getting some sleep at nite...

Grassie...keep your health in good order since you have to take on those extra hours at work...maybe you could cut down on school credits next semester. take your time with school..don't rush it...it's not going anywhere...and if you get sick...you'll just set yourself back...take baby steps...even if it's only one or two classes a semester! you can do it!!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #20  

Good evening ladies...I will now admit that I am waiting for Pizza and wings. Yes I know it's bad food...but I've been good all week and actually feel good enuff to taste food! And with the weight I've lost in the last two weeks, I think I deserve a treat.

It's getting awfully cold here. And I feel that I need comfort food!lol I will NOT be getting on the scales till Friday. That way ToM will be gone, the bloat will be gone, and I'll have worked off tonite's pizza at work!lol
Old 11-10-2003, 05:32 AM   #21  

OK...here I am again. Am back on program...had 3 egg omellette and cheese for breakfast and lots of water. Am just heading off to work now. Wanted to get an entry in as I am finding the more I post here, the more I am aware of what I eat. So I have to be good this week for my friday weigh in. The pizza was good...but not as good as I thought...I find I am losing interest in all the junk foods I used to like...they don't taste as good as they used to, and they make me feel kinda icky afterwards....I think I should be listening to my body more!

Hope to see more people here besides myself when I get home!!lol Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #22  

Hi there! Hotsplashes I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is just exhausting!! It's getting cold here too but i'm sure our cold is nothing like yours! It's 38 this morning. It was 80 last weekend......

Thanks for the advice. I have 6 more months of school to go. I can make it through anything for just a little while, right I am feeling much better this week. Bf has agreed to help me if I need it and we are not renting a car on vation now so money is not as tight as it was. We are going to Colorado for Christmas and I swear, that vacation is what's keeping me sane at this point.

Tonight I have to give a massage to a prof. therapist. ugggh! I hope I don't suck!

Oh and hotsplashes, I am having the same experience of junk food not tasting as good - it just tastes like empty sugar now. Of course, not all things do : I still eat way too many wings.
But sweet sugary stuff doesn't interest me as much right now - and even the SF jellos and puddings just don't taste as good as my yogurt and fruit. I guess that's really good.

Okay, off to work for me. I'll stop by later on....everyone have a great day!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:11 AM   #23  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Can I join the fun??

Hi Ladies,

I am fairly new to 3FC ....
My name is Leanne and I am a scale addict...I weigh myself every day...sometimes two or more times....
I am trying to lose the weight I put on during my pregnancy...I have a 3 month old son and a 2.5 year old son....with both I put 60+ pounds on with BOTH pregnancies....
I was 215 AFTER I gave birth, and I am now 169...I am working really hard doing a low calorie, low carb diet and i exercise 5-6 times a week....
What programs is everyone doing? and how are they working?? (low cal/low carb is NO fun)

Leanne

CW 169
GW 150
Highest weight 225 (9 months preg)
Old 11-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #24  

Well, I ate badly this weekend, so I'm staying away from the scales for a couple of days!! I wasn't feeling well this weekend, so I wanted comfort food. Add that to a birthday party.

Welcome Leanne!!
Old 11-10-2003, 01:04 PM   #25  

Hi leanne, welcome!! I think I'm the second most newbie now. I'm on the South Beach Diet. I converted from Atkins a few months back. I now have 10 to go until my goal and I'm STUCK in one place! Partly my own fault. I'm not as strick with my eating as I use to be - I figure I'm balancing that with more exercise. I am 1 pound from my Christmas goal.....

Welcome and look forward to talking to you....Meri
Old 11-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #26  

Hi guys, Last night I got a call that my grandfather had a heart attack. His heart is very very diseased and they are currently trying to see if he can handle any form of invasive treatment at all. They aren't even sure if he can have a pace maker installed. If he doesn't the next one will kill him. If he does they aren't sure if he will live through the procedure.

I'm trying to figure out when I'm suppose to go to Wilmington to see him. I guess it's the long distance family delima. Exactly when is the best time to go visit sick family...when you don't know all the details yet. I can't afford to go and stay.

Add to that...and I'm not sure which part of this is "me not having my priorities straight" and which is me trying to control what I CAN. After hearing the news today I left my healthy lunch at work and went to taco bell for total crap food. This is hte first time in 5 months I've eaten crap. I didn't even try to healthy it up a little....just went for the worst thing on the minue..because I was "under stress." I think I have food issues. And I think I shouldn't be worrying about it right now - but then why is fear or anxiety an okay reason to eat what ever I want and feel guilty for worrying about what I eat.

I think I'm trying to control what I can - and I'm eat crap as a result....creating my own "stupid drama" to not have to deal with the bigger issue - my grandfather.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #27  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya everyone....haven't been around since last weekend, i've been busy, busy, busy!!! Also the kids have hogged the puter!! the start of the new term and there enthusiasim for homework goes through the roof!!

Well good news from my end ladies....I'm now 2lbs off my goal weight, hubby has now joined me on the Atkins diet and has had a very successfully lost 5lbs in the first week. I now have a new scales buddy at home...it's our secret as we haven't told the kids that we are on a deit!!!

We are having such scrummie meal and we are both motivating each other.....more like competition really, neither wants to fall off plan first!!! lol it's working tho and we are really sticking to it!!

Glad your feeling better now splashes........DD has had a cold all through half term and was really poorly with it.

Little grasshopper.......sorry to hear about your Granddad.......i'll keep him in my prayers.

SB.......have you jumped on those scales yet??? don' t be afraid, one blow out can't weigh that much!!!

Welcome Leanne.......like the fact you visit your scales more than once a day i used to but now i'm down to once a day now!!!!

I'll try to visit again tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #28  

Well, tom weight is officially here. I'm up 3.6lbs!!! I'm not feeling well this week, so I haven't been working out. All I want to do is sleep!!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #29  

Grasshopper, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope things work out for the best for him. I will light a candle and send him and you good thoughts.

SB I know what you are going thru right now...when I was feeling really sick..all I wanted to eat when I did feel like eating was comfort food...warm stuff with gravy...don't worry...eat and get yourself well again!! I must have given you my cold!

LEANNEEE!!!!! welcome! Glad you found us...We're a fun group! lol...and as you can see...we tallk about everything here! I am on a diet somewhat like Atkins and South Beach. It's doctor prescribed as I have a genetic disorder which makes me and carbs not get along really well!lol and it's working great...I just need to be more strict and have more willpower!lol

Welcome Back Tulip!! School...ick...sick kids...ick...you have been a busy lady! and congrats on getting hubby to join you in your healthy eating plan! Gees everyone is so close to their goal except for me!lol Then again...I haven't been on my scale in nearly 2 weeks...but I do know that I will be down another size in jeans soon...as long as I keep up with eating and exercising properly!

Glad to see everyone here today! All we need is Shelley now!lol See everyone tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:05 PM   #30  
Made my Goal weight!

Angry Hi Ladies

Hi Everyone...

Wow this looks like a fun group of people....the diet I am doing is the Dr. Bernsteins diet....which basically is low calories, low carbs...it is one of those medically supervised ones...I did it last year to get rid of my extra weight after having my 1st son....it is so freakin expensive though, so I am doing the diet on my own and supplementing extra veggies and bread to suit my lifestyle...no sense losing weight then when I do start to eat normal gain it all back....so I have tweaked it to fit me, and it is working great!
I am curious about the Atkins diet....anyone care to tell me about it?? (my hubby and I were talking about it, and we got confused)
Enough about me...everyone sounds very positive here..and that is SO great!
Keep up the good work everyone...

Leanne
Highest weight 215
CW 168
GW 150 OR LESS
Closed Thread