Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies.
I am really really tired so I am not staying.. just peeking in.

Andria... what a lovely artilce you wrote and an even lovelier place to live. My little new neighborhood seems to be the same way. At our homeowners association meeting several people signed a voluteer list to help fellow neighbors. Help put up xmas lights, mow, trim trees, babysit, and a few like myself just said we would help wherever needed. I liked that about our new home. Our old hometown was much prettier and BIGGER but this area seems very warm and friendly.

I am not even going to try and reply to everyone. I am going to bed instead. I have soooooooo much to do tomorrow. In fact.. I have so much to do I fell totally overwhelmed again. I HATE that feeling.

I did visit my mom... she is not doing well.
They have her way over sedated... but she has been in a lot of pain recently so I guess it is necessary. I sure hate it when they drug her up. Grrrr. She told me she asked for the pills because she was tired of hurting so I guess I should not complain.

I stopped on the way home and bought lots of veggies and fish and chicken. I REALLY want to follow in you losers footsteps. I have a LOT of reasons to stay on plan. Our get together, the wedding, and health. I have no excuse.... I have the food... now to just DO IT !!!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:52 AM   #17  

Good Morning Chickies,

Wanted to get up and start my day right, with all of you!!!!

2cute, sorry to hear that your mom is not feeling well. You are right we do just have to DO IT!!! Seems like for years, I just thought about it, and paid "lip service to it"....then it hit me right between the eyes when my BP started going up, and I was sooooooooooooo tired all the time. It scared me just enough to decide to do something about it, which now I am most grateful for.

Andria, good for you too, taking action, that is what we need to do!!!

Barb, CONGRATS ON FITTING INTO THOSE P.J'S, ISN'T IT JUST FABULOUS, EVEN THE LITTLE THINGS ARE AMAZING!!! GREAT MOTIVATION THERE GIRL

Tina, great pictures, glad you had a good time.

JoAnne, good to see you posting again, Take care.

All the rest of you gals, catch back up with you in a bit, I gotta go, cause I am REAL HUNGER, NOT HEAD HUNGER!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:18 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Red face 'morning, all...

Every one's just rising and shining, and I'm about to head off to bed! Well, actually I'm not, come to think of it. I told a friend from work that I would meet her at another friend's house who just had knee surgery. We're going to see what she needs, help around the house a little and THEN I can go to sleep. Usually though if too much time has passed, then I'm WIDE AWAKE and just chalk up that missed sleep as GONE. Til I'm falling asleep at the computer.

...ooh! Gotta stay up tonight for Survivor! What do you think, Survivor fans? Are they going to create a new team with the past losers? This is gonna be interesting. I have discovered a new guilty pleasure show: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! I've been meaning to watch it since it started, and just caught it the other night for the first time...LOVE IT!!!!

Should I talk about dieting? Hmmm...well, the past two days have been good. I'm aiming for daily exercise...I think that's the only way I can justify and manage those occasional forays into the goodies. But I have been eating well too. Gonna ride my bike today...it's sunny and cold. Perfect.

Must take the boy to school...back later...
Old 10-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Just a quick GOOD MORNING!!!

It's going to be another crazy day at work. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Kat --- Tonight is going to be good!! Jeff Probst was on my radio station this morning...he said "the survivors that have already been kicked off will have a chance to return", "they will appear during a challenge", and "one survivor will do something very surprising". I can't wait to watch!!! It's a 2 part show - part 1 tonight and part 2 next week.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #20  

Good morning !!!!
No time to post... just peeking in.
My "to do" list is sooooooo long. I will try to get back soon.
I just wanted to say Good Morning.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everyone! Just a quick good morning to you all. Yesterday my food issues were better. How could they help but be better, I was all out of PB cups!!! I did well during the day and then bought a routisserrie chicken for honey and I last night, made some instant potatoes and had big spinach salads for dinner. No after dinner snacking either, so all in all I did pretty good.

Didn't read again last night. Or write for that matter. I will have to work on THAT part of my program. I picked up the Dr. Phil book, but the next chapter was 20 pages and I just didn't think I had the time to put into it last night. I did manage to hit the sheets when honey did last night though and that's part of my goals too, so I just have to get it all to work together. I'm sure it will, it will just take some practice.

It was Wednesday and I did get in a trip to Curves so all in all not a bad day.

Wednesday's Accomplishments:
Trip to Curves
All my water
Bed at a decent hour
4 fruits/veggies

Andria: That was a great article!!! I love to read what you've written. It sounds like your town is just a great place to live. The little town we settled in in NC in the 80's was like that too. You never did anything out of doors that you didn't have several neighbors running over to help with. As a matter of fact, we were adding on to our deck the second summer we were there and we had bought all the materials. Well, honey went to work and the guy next door came over in the middle of the afternoon. He said, "do you mind if I take out some of my frustrations on your deck" and he had most of it built by the time honey came home from work that night. It was amazing!

2cute: I do hate that "overwhelmed" feeling. Take a deep breath. * Sorry your mom's not doing well. I know what you mean about being over medicated. Sometimes I felt that way with dad. But if she's asking for the meds because she's feeling that bad, then surely being comfortable is better than the pain. Keep your chin up, you're paddling as fast as you can! [[[hugs]]] I can just see you and your daughter running all over town trying to make a wedding happen in just 7 short months. YIKES!!! Just remember to have fun with it.

Barb: Good job on the jammies. Doesn't THAT feel good?!?! I've been pulling winter stuff out and it pretty much fits the same as it did last year.

Pam: Good going, girl! You're doing a GREAT job! And even not making it to the 50 "in time" look how far you've come and without that goal in mind, you may not have gotten this far. You keep up the good work!!!

Katrina: WOW, having all the castaways back should be real interesting. It sounds like their using a little imagination this time around. All the other Survivor shows have been fairly predictable. Not about who's going to win, but just like we would sit here and say, "oh, tonight's probably when they'll eat the gross stuff." Or "tonight's when they'll be seeing who can stand on the post the longest". Pretty predictable. We'll see what they have in mind this time. It should be interesting.

Joanne: I'm not sure why I thought you were using a library computer. My mistake. Hope you're doing well.

Syn: Did you get to Curves? I did!

Tina: Sounds like Trey is quite the little ball player! Good for him! * Sorry Tony got robbed! That's really the pitts!!!

Terri: I hope you and your honey are having fun at the cabin. That sounds like a wonderful, relaxing weekend you have planned. I'm a bit jealous. Honey and I didn't get OUR romantic getaway in this Fall. Instead we opted to go with friends to Shipshewana and next weekend we're going back up north for another Murder Mystery weekend. See ya when you get back home.

Mary: Where are you, dear??? Missing Peter, I'm guessing. Has your son been taking you out to dinner while he's gone. I waited in chat for you last night, well, for anyone to show up, but you/no one came. I was sooooo lonely!!!

Lucky: Where are you? Hanging outside raking leaves still, or are they all gone?

JoeAnne: We haven't heard from you in awhile? How is everything going in the Southwest???

Michelle: You haven't been around since all you East Coasters went off together. Did they wear you out??

There are a bunch of others that are missing too. I hope you'll all check in and let us know you're still alive and well and kicking.

Max liked his new vet and so did I. I have to put ointment in each of his eyes twice a day. So far, he is sitting still for me to do this. I have to do it for a week, so we'll see how cooperative he stays.

I'm going to run. I have one last report to do before too long. Hoeny's department is having a pot-luck lunch tomorrow and they have requested that he bring Syn's Apple Salad. I spoiled them once by making it and now they just have to have it. Then I opened my big mouth and said that Swedish Meatballs aren't that hard to do. Well, honey opened his mouth at work in return and they asked him to bring that now too. Now I have to cook for tomorrow. What a dope I am!!!!

Love to all. I hope you have a GREAT day!!

"Never take life too serious. No one ever gets out alive anyway." - Jimmie Kimmel from Jimmie Kimmel Live
Old 10-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #22  

Hi everybody; it's lunchtime and I hope you all are enjoying a healthy OP lunch today.

Well, I saw my dr Mon; all my numbers were good EXCEPT for the weight. I was up 6 lbs since my last visit in July. I was expecting more considering how I've been eating lately. So I am now working to get back on track - Wed I took a 20 min walk and ate healthy foods - no fast food, no sneaking in my co-worker's chocolate stash. I want to do this. I want to get this frickin fat off of me. I do not want to suffer complications from diabetes. I have got to learn to deal with my emotions in a different way.

Judy - so sorry about your loss; my thoughts are with you.

Well, the buzzer went off, so I'll catch you all later. Have a happy Halloween and STAY OUT OF THAT CANDY!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

THin I do miss Peter he will be home tonight. I took my son out last night so I wouldn't have to cook. I didn't even get on the computer last night. Read some and went to bed at 8:15.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:18 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

Thin I'm here...can you spell M I D T E R M S?? Yup...2 of em!

Have to get the boy fed and bathed, have to pack lunches for tomorrow, have to get clothes ready for tomorrow and costumes!

After we take the boy trick or treating I have to get ready for a costume party at one of the Dr.'s house! I am going to be a witch! I'll have to have John take a pic and put it up for you all to see...but only if I come out ok after trying to get the makeup on!

Gotta run. TTFN Michelle
Old 10-30-2003, 07:39 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Hey guys....

I was gonna post replies tonight, but I'm just too mad so I will vent instead. However before I do that, I have to ask:

Where the crap is Sandy?

Ok..... now I'm going to vent. I told my dh that he would have to drive Trey to football practice in his car (he usually takes mine) so I could go to WI tonight. So, he asks me why I'm going tonight instead of on Monday? I told him that I had to go before Saturday, or I'd have to pay another $12. So then he said, "You know, you need to get your WW $hit together..... all your basically doing is paying them $12 to weigh you and if I was doing that, you'd be all over me."

I cannot even tell you the range of emotions I went through.

I am one of the MOST low maintenance women you will ever see. I don't get my nails done. I do my own. I don't lay in the tanning bed. I stay white. I don't buy or have to have jewelry. I wear my wedding ring....that's about it. I wear clothes till they either.... A. have holes in them, B. are completely threadbare or C. something actually falls out of the hole. I wear shoes till the toes poke through and even when I buy more, they're usually cheap. I only get my hair done when I can't stand it anymore and even then....it's usually only a cut. I always put myself last when it comes to things that are needed and am the original "put my stuff back that's in the buggy Queen". I have watched him buy every single mechanical gadget he could over the years whether he, A. needed it or not, B. would never use it again or C. simply because it looked cool. I have never asked for anything except my $12 measly dollars a week for WW and for him to throw that back at me was completely unacceptable. I am crying so hard right now I can't even see to type.

He just came in here and said I was worth $50 dollars a week, he just doesn't think I need to drive to Chattanooga. He says that it's too inconvenient and I should just go to the local meeting even though I don't care for the leader.

I just told him that I'm going to gain all the weight I lost back and I hope I get so big that they have to open both the back doors to get me in the house.

I am NOT going to my meeting tonight.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #26  

Tina: {{{{{Big Hugs to you girl}}}}}} I wish I could give you a real one. Sometimes men just don't understand what is important to us. Their do dads and gadgets they buy seem to somehow dissappear and never to be spoke of again. Lord forbid we bring it up or they jump all over our butts that they work oh so hard. I tell mine he should walk in my shoes for a day. Ha....that will be the day. Anyway, you keep your chin up, you are worth the money!!! He will come around, he is one of the good guys....maybe just in a mood. I know you love him, but you just hate his attitude at the moment.

You and I are so much alike though it is not even funny. I wear no jewlry, currently not even my wedding band cause my finger is to fat for it right now. I do have a diamond but one of my prongs is bent and lord forbid I spend the money to have it fixed. I to will put my stuff back in the store so the kids or hubby can have what they want. And on the occasion I buy myself a new outfit I will wear it to threadbear too. I have clothes that are like 8 years or more old. I swear I have worn the same summer clothes for like 8 years. I only get my hair done (cut that is) maybe 2 times a year. God, am I pathetic or what. Sounds horrible when I type it out. But in all of this I have love......guess thats what counts. I love my man and kids more than anything. Sure I would love to have more money, who wouldnt', it sure would solve some problems. But all in all, I can't say that I WANT for anything that I NEED.....there is a difference in want and need. But like you even MY NEEDS are put last in this family. And sometimes we just sit and wonder what about me, why can't I have it..... So you see girl....I love ya and commiserate with you totally. {{{{hugs}}}}}

Now why have I been gone? Life.....so so so busy. Evan did end up having Pertusis (whooping cough) Alexis was negative. They were both out of school all week last week and I wanted to pull my hair out. Why do a 6 year old and an 11 year old have to fight all day long? UGGGGHHHHH . I was never so happy to go to my little office and work in my life. Then over the weekend I had to take the Brownie troop swimming, then a 50th bday party at night. Then on Sunday I went with my mom for the day on a bus trip to a Bingo thing....(she paid). Then this week it seems between drs appointments for followups, Brownie meeting, work, 1st grade family night at school.....I have just been way to tired for me time. My food has been blah blah blah this week and last too I guess. And once again I will climb back on that wagon....and will continue till I get it right.

I was gonna go back and read all the posts, but OMG there are so many, so please forgive me for not knowing all that is going on. I do know that we have a new person on the thread, I think I met her in chat on Sunday when I happend to pop on in for a few minutes. So you see I have not been totally away.

SO...to all the loosers.....HORRAY....keep up the good work. For those that need a good ole hug....here it is {{hug}} for those who need a smile.... . And well just plain old Hello to everyone and please forgive the generalization of this post.

I have been online checking air fare prices.....Wow was I in for a shock. Havnt ever bought my own plane ticket for anything. Here was my eyeballs . But, I have mentioned it to hubby and he is like well we will see. So I am hoping I will make it. My brother in laws x lives about an hour from Tulsa airport, toward AK, if that makes any sence? Anyway, I can stay there for free, so just have to have spending money and car money and airfare. still a good chunk of change.

Okay gotta run......I am about sleeping on the keyboard.

Luv ya all,
Sandy
Old 10-31-2003, 12:14 AM   #27  

Oh Tina... {{{ HUGS }}} MEN !!!!!! Grrrr!!
I too can totally relate. I bet we have all been there.
Let me repeat. MEN !!!!

Copy that post you wrote us... and print it out ... then tell him to read it !!!

My family once complained about me spending too much time in here with you.
One of them made the "hint" that it wasn't doing me any good anyway.
I informed them... that I was NOT giving up one single moment of my internet time to please them. That you ladies have saved my butt and made my life worth living in times I wanted to just give up and die. And I just did not care if they liked it or not. It is the ONLY thing I do for ME... and I was not giving it up, cutting it back or apologizing for any of it.

Of course... when I was alone.. I sat down and cried my eyes out.
I knew they were right. I was wasting the support I recieved here.. and not utilizing my time and efforts.
My tears first came from anger... but then came from guilt... MY FAVORITE emotion.... or at least you would think it is my favorite since I feel it DAILY.

Anyway.... I did not mean to talk only about me... I wanted to offer you love and support. {{{ HUGS }}}

Sandy... good to see you back. What town in Ark does your brother in laws x live ?? I will ask my daughter where she finds cheap seats. She flies a lot. I hope to get us some good rates on rooms since I will blocking off a bunch for both the gathering and the wedding.

Michelle... have fun trick or treating. In our old house we would only get 5-10 trick or treaters. I have been told at this new house to expect to hand out 15 bags full !!!! The neighbors said they bring them in by the van loads. I bought some crap I do not like so there will be no temptations. The good stuff I was eating constantly until I took the rolling pin to them. LOL

Mary... I wish you could have went with you darling husband.
Going to bed by 8:30 is early. I am glad he will be home tonight. I bet you don't get much sleep tonight either.
Connie... I am glad your tests all turned out fine.
I too was found to be totally healthy... except that I am soooo fat I get around like an 80 year old. My knees won't be able to carry this weight much longer.

Thin... I am having fun hunting for that special place for the wedding.. until they mention the costs. LOL
I think we may have found one. We actually have found many we liked... but most of them are already taken for Mayy 22. You would think 7 months notice would be enough.. but not for the months of April- May or June. They are all three months booked solid. Grrr.

We really loved one place but it just can't hold enough people.
We thought about having an outside wedding... but May is a rainy month around here and that could be a disaster. There just isn't enough room inside for a backup.
My daughter seems pretty excited about a place we found today... but I have not talked to the coordinator about $$$ yet. But from what I have read... it looks promising.

Okay... gotta go. Hope more come in and post by the time I am back tomorrow.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-31-2003 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

It is raining outside! 2cute will understand what I mean when I say it is doing a total OK downpour, not just a light pitter patter. It smells so good out there. If I wasn't having such a lousy time breathing after two days of that nasty smokiness, I would be standing outside right now enjoying it.

I did a tough thing this morning. I swallowed my pride and got down to Curves early for a WI and measure. Inches I lost a teensy bit, but weight was up 4.5 lbs. I knew it would be a little, but I was hoping for more like 2. Still, in my heart, I knew it was at least that much. I can really feel that weight. It is hard to explain, but it seems to be more like 20. I'm dragging around and when I try to go walking, my body just feels heavy and sluggish. I can even feel it when I sit down. There just isn't room enough to breathe deeply, and I'm getting heartburn and my ribs ache around my diaphragm. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

I am so ready to get back on my food plan before I lose all the ground I have gained. To tell the truth, I'm frightened by how much that small an amount of weight is affecting me. It is like having mortality knock on my door. I might not wait until Monday to restart my plan. Saturday is sounding better and better to me.

It is feeling really late here. The girls and I got back late from a concert. The Southwest Symphony here does a Spooktacular event every year, and my oldest had a free ticket to attend. The little one was free, but my ticket was supposed to be $10. With money still tight, I was kind of balking, but the girls both begged until I wilted. When we got inside to purchase my ticket, a lady walked up behind me and asked if I could use her ticket that evening. Her daughter was performing, so she didn't need that one. Cool, huh!

We had a blast. I was so proud of my 7 year old. She behaved incredibly well. In fact, she was a lot more polite than quite a few adults I saw in the audience. Everyone in the symphony was in costume as well as about half the audience. They played fun music with spooky kind of themes, and the three of us just really enjoyed ourselves.

DH made me a glass of warm vanilla milk, and I'm melting down fast. Have a great night, everyone

Oh, one last thing... if a government agency tells you the check is in the mail, do you take that with just as large a grain of salt as anyone else? It's been a week now since they told DH his check was sent. Hrmph.

Andria
Old 10-31-2003, 07:57 AM   #29  

Morning Ladies,

2 cute!!! good for you, this is your time, it is something you do for yourself, and you do deserve it!!! I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself. Isnt that the greatest!!! I spent too many years not letting my needs be known, heck, not even allowing myself to recognize I HAD NEEDS!!! didnt feel worthy enough!!! that is what got me to 356lbs!!!!!!!!! so, not anymore!!! you girls have saved me too!!! Being here with all of you has been the best thing that has ever happened to me!!! I am most grateful!

Tina, you tell him girl!! you deserve this too, sounds like it is time to put yourself at the top of your list along with everyonelse. I know your hubby is a good man, it is difficult for someone to understand if they have not experienced obesity too! and naturally it effects we women much more deeply! of course I dont know your husband, but sometimes those closest to us are somewhat threatened by our progress, may have some insecurities of his own. ie, "what happens when she reaches goal weight", will she leave me?" he may not even realize he is feeling some of that...but it is just a thought, may not be your situation at all. other folks do sabotage our efforts, but of course none more than ourselves!!!! WE ARE OUR OWN WORST SABOTEURS... OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES, NO ONE CAN BEAT US UP BETTER THAN WE CAN BEAT OURSELVES UP!! you keep going to WW, it is for you, and for them! I am right there behind you girl!

Andria, sometimes it takes a little slap in the face, a little wake up call to get us back on track!! YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT!! I KNOW YOU WILL. YOU ARE SUCH A STRONG WOMAN!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SO WORTHY OF A HEALTHY AND FIT BODY!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Sandy, glad to see you back here among us, I have missed you!

Michelle, good luck on your exams!

Good Morning Mary, hope you have a healthful day

Connie, helllllllllllllllllllllllllo there!! good to see you! and you are absolutely right, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

THIN, GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GOOD "FOOD DAY" YESTERDAY, LET'S MAKE IT ANOTHER ONE, OKAY?

Good Morning Barb, and Kat!!! have a great day

later girls, gotta get breakfast so I can get this day started!! need nourishment!! (plus it tastes gooooooooooood )
I am so grateful to be able to eat for my nutritional needs now, instead of emotional ones!!! I look at food in a whole new way now, and let me tell you it feels wonderful! I am no longer trying to feel that void (you all know the one I am talking about!), I am filling my life up with other things, what a joy!!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:37 AM   #30  
You and Me in 2003

Peter got home Ok.
I am off today, Paying bills and such gotta run
Closed Thread