Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 09:57 AM   #46  

I have 10 minutes before I am out the door again so thought I would try and get some points issued.

POINTS!!!

Julie
SandyB
Me

I bought Rod Stewart's greatest hits (he was on Oprah yesterday and I guess that is what got me thinking about getting it) this morning so I am all pumped up. I doubt I get in exercise today, but then I need to kind of slow it down before the walk on Saturday. Maybe I will just boogy sitting here in the chair and jiggle it around some!

WTG MOMENT: I was shopping at Walmart's early this AM after dropping dh off and work, I passed up the Krispy Kreme (even though DH did a run through I didn't get anything) then at the store I looked at this new dessert it is a cherry crisp you bake and all comes in one box. I looked at the calories, put it back on the shelf AND WALKED AWAY!!! I plan on grabbing something here at home before leaving to get pet food and going and getting my haircut.

Well ladies, I need to run. Talk to you this evening.

Faye
Old 10-23-2003, 11:13 AM   #47  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Friends!

Sorry I've not checked in for a few days - Nigel has been on the computer 24/7 and I've been busy filling in application forms.

My diet went astray at the weekend, but I've been okay for the past few days. I'm going to spend some time today completely re thinking my diet - I'm not taking it seriously enough and keep slipping up every few days I'm definately not monitoring my food enough and am just happy if I don't have a pizza - but that's not good enough!

I'm thinking of seriously starting to count calories - it's worked for me in the past as it helps me to stay disciplined. I'm also thinking of writing some set menu's (like you Faye) - I think it may help if I KNOW what I'm having to eat at each meal. Anyway - a time of re -assessment is needed. I haven't lost any weight over the past 3 or 4 weeks and it's not on!. I'm cheating myself out of being slim - and it's got to stop!

O.K, self talk over!

I am beautiful and deserve the very best!

PAM - I would be happy to meet up with you! Keep me updated on your plans - it would be lovely to meet you!

BIG WTG!! I've given up smoking today! I feel really positive about it and am just going to take it day by day. I could really do with your support and prayers for strength. Thanks!

Love Amanda xx
Old 10-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #48  

Default ((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))))) To All!!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say hi , but also to let you know I have been checking out flylady and I'm going to give it a shot. I just hope that I don't bite off more than I can chew, with my new business,school, a full time job, my new healthy lifestyle,and flylady stuff too. Oh well, I'll just give it my best shot, Pam inspired me with her soapbox stuff on everything coming together for her and that's what I'm aiming for as well. Thanks Pam.

Amanda- Good luck with the quitting smoking, I quit over 2 years ago and I'm really glad I did. There are still times when I crave, but they've gotten to be far and few between, just keep in mind it does get easier. (the last time I craved one was on June 12th of this year, I was working alone and one of our building caught on fire. It was huge and took all the firefighters from two cities to put it out) I should also mention our cities are very small, so that I don't blow the scenario completely out of proportion, but it was a very stressful day at work that day either way. I never did have one though, yay for me.

Faye-GFY passing up those donuts!! I know how hard that can be especially if your hungry.

Sandy- I hope you feel better soon, and yet even when you're under the weather you sound so chipper and positive girlie! You always make me smile and thanks so much for that and for being there for me. You're such a sweetie. You might need to slow down a bit and give your body a chance to recoup and strengthen up to fight that cold off. LOTS OF FLUIDS. Get better

Julie- Are you freaking at all about the holidays being so close? I am kind of, I used to be ready , but since new hubby, things just get in the way, can't explain it really. I am also trying to figure out how to handle some holiday traditions from christmas' past. Traditions that I know won't be good for me. We usually have like 10 or 15 people over for a huge christmas cookie making and decorating party. We make more cookies every year and last year we made over 200 or was it 300? Anyways it was a lot and it took about 6 hours to finish them all. They are my favorite cookies and everyone else's too, that will be hard to cancel, but I think I must. We'll probably still make one batch for us or hubby might become a monster on me!

Oh yeah, I've had a couple of WTG's that I haven't mentioned.
WTG1- I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a long time and they are loose! They were somewhat tight before.
WTG2- This one is my favorite so far, I have a jean skort, that was very tight and uncomfortable to sit down in and I wore it the other day and it's really loose! My pedometer won't work on either piece of clothing!! Can you believe it??!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Lisa
Old 10-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #49  

Hi girls.

First of I got all my points yesterday, eventhough I did go it 5 of my flex pts.

Today I had lunch with boss and co-worker, mexican, but I managed to stay o/p and only usied 3 flex points. My co-worker is also following the same diet program so he's a good support partner. Oh boy I tell you I probably ate half of what I usually eat yet I feel stuffed and sleepy, I guess my stomach is getting accustomed to less food. I am even sleepy...

Faye-wtg on passing up on those goodies That's the spirit! Runaway Jury...like the preview for that movie...let me know how it is. Boyend Borders and Radio are also on my list of movies to watch and I too get quiet disturbed when it comes to abuse, hungery and other like issues. I actually saw Sleepers yesterday, with Brad Pitt, Robert de Niro among others and lets me tell you I was so upset. The events protrayed in this movie were ....wow I can't even find the word for it. I mean it got me angry and appalled to think this is happening and God forbid it were to happen to any child I know or for that matter to any child. Eventhough the district attorney denies knowledge of such events and there are no records of any such reports I am certain they have happened to some extent. What a shame. Anyway, sorry if I got carried away here.

SandyB-hope you feel better...try the ginger tea it helps me a lot. Oh and just for the record I also agree with Lisa. You have this certain vibe that you give off...soo happy and cheerful. You always bring a smile to my face. You present yourself very positively, I am glad for you.

Amanda- writing down what you eat and planning ahead of time I find helps me a bunch. Even though I count points I find I stick to it better when I plan ahead instead of just eating and counting as I go. I am glad you are twicking your diet...good luck. You are right we are beautiful and we deserve the best.

There is one thing I have learned by coming to talk with you girls o r at least one thing you all have helped me understand. That is: If I feel beautiful and act beautiful people with perceive me in that way. Same with the respect. I believe Faye was the one who told me in the begining when I told you girls about Andrew, I was enabling him and basically taking everything and anything from him. Thus disrespecting myself and my beliefs, goals, and wants in life. I had kind of forgotten about myself...then minute I got tough...real tough and standing up for myself and not taking one tiny bit of his "crap" he starting shaping up faster than you can say "Chihuahua" Unbelieveable I tell you heeeheehee.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for that. All of you. You have helped me improve a part of my life. I believe I am a stronger person now. THANK YOU

Julie-I think I will check out that flylady

Lisa- glad to hear everything is falling back into place. Sounds like you'll be very busy...you can do it. Best of luck girl!

Okay I will shut up now

Take care girls.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #50  

Heys girlies here is one more person's points for yesterday:

Dorothy: As for what you said, you are absolutely right about being beautiful and making it come from you and not feeding off someone else! I cannot stress enough that though we are not satisfied with our health or how our body looks and we do not have to be, we do need to know that we are beautiful each and every one of us. I am glad you have found that when you have confidence, you are treated completely different than when you act ashamed. That is what you get back people who are ashamed of how you look so they stare or whisper etc. You know, as big as I am I RARELY get comments, but that is because I look people in the eye, smile, speak to them whatever and because in my head I am just like someone that is much smaller. Well, enough of that, I keep drilling that into people's heads and it is great that it stuck to you!

Amanda: Please, if you find you would like my menus, pm me your e-mail address and I will send them to you. The only thing you will have to do is go to the recipe section here and print off the appropriate recipe. So far, I haven't found any I didn't like of the ones I selected. My program is 1800/410 but if you need less, you can adjust it. Most of the recipes I use, I get 2 servings of it so you can adjust that way , but only eating one serving and adding low or no fat like veggie or fruit. I would be happy to send them to you. They have 3 meals and 3 snacks per day and I try to eat about every 3-4 hours.

Lisa: What a great WTG! I get so excited when I have clothes that start fitting again no matter how old they are. That is terrific that you are seeing results. It helps to keep you going.

Well, I got all my hair chopped off today. They went up on their prices again so now with the tip my haircut costs me $40! Sheesh, I guess I am a cheapskate, but it seems like everytime I go in there they have upped the prices. I bet what it might be is she put this "red" conditioner on my hair when she washed it to help keep it bright. I bet that was it because the last haircut she gave me cost me $25. Oh well, it stays ok for about 6-8 weeks so I guess that is not too bad. I then was mad at the girl that did my nails and didn't leave her a tip. She cut corners and that is not satisfactory to me when I am paying good money to have stuff done, ya know?

I went over cal tonight, but I had to try Olive Garden's Pumpkin cheesecake and since instead of my regular Chicken Alfredo I had the linguine with marinara which is really low in cals, I ate some of the cheesecake, which if you go there for a special occasion get it and share with several people. It is DIVINE! I am going to try it and cut the calories making it and see how it comes out.

Well, I am going to go for the evening. It is supposed to rain Saturday and Kel says they will cancel if it is raining, which will be a bummer because they won't reschedule it.

Faye
Old 10-23-2003, 11:56 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hey there chickies!

Sorry that I have been MIA, but my puter putered out! Got everything running for now. Missed everyone bunches. Was lost to death without being able to check up and see what everyone is up to. Enough said for now. Have lots of catching up to do.

Hugs,
sandy
Old 10-24-2003, 06:36 AM   #52  

Hellooooooooo Chicksters,

No, I didn't disappear off the face of the earth! Just really busy the last couple of days. We have friends visiting this weekend, and I am STILL working on getting the house ready. It feels so good to be able to do it though. Haven't checked out the flylady yet, but I will, I need all the help I can get!

pts: lets see, Pts for Wednesday.Yikes!! I am behind! all 4...Pts for Yesterday, 3, no exercise, (well no formal exerise, but between cleaning and errands, I am surely active, but need to get back on it!!! Okay, maybe I am up to date...I had set a goal of 50 lbs gone by 10/31! so I might just make it by the skin of my teeth!

Welcome back Sandy (gigglez) We DID miss you

Faye, Hair AND Nails, I'll bet you are looking sharp! You are my hero (heroine!!)

Dorothy, you are so right honey, you are beautiful (as we all are)! One of the mantras I learned in OA (overeaters anonymous) was ACT AS IF!! (act as if until you believe it, and it will become so!!!), and it does work. Replacing all those old worn out tapes in your head with positives, WHATEVER YOU THINK IS WHAT YOU WILL BECOME!!! you keep up the great work girl.

Lisa, Congrats, fitting into those clothes again. As for the chronic depression. I too know what that is like, even more so now since I have been taking antidepressant meds. ( I realize now, and it is a frightening thing to me, just how depressed I was), I am feeling soooooooooo much better, it is unreal! I have obviously found a med that works for me, I wish I had taken something 15-20 years ago! There is a history of depression in my family, so I know there is a predispostion there, and then it was further compounded by all those years I abused food, and stuffed down all of my feelings!! I withdrew, and isolated, and literally built a wall around myself, a wall of fat, that I so often thought was impenatrable! But, you know what, that wall is crumbling now!! And I am most grateful, so, IF it means taking medication, I will glady do it, I am willing to do whatever!!! it takes to become fit and healthy! And of course coming to this site and finding all of you lovelies here waiting for me, well that is just "icing on the cake", (better than real cake thats for sure!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE FOR ME!!! I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU

Amanda, THAT IS FABULOUS!!! NO MORE SMOKING!! My mother stopped about 2 mos ago, AFTER HAVING SMOKED FOR 53 YEARS!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF HER AND FOR HER, AS I AM FOR YOU!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandyb, Mirabelly, and Joy, you girls stay strong and have a wonderful day, Catch you later Chickies

sw 356/June 5/cw ?-wi 10/31--but somewhere around 309!!! TWOTERVILLE, HERE I COME! WATCH OUT!!
Next goal: 50 down by 10/31
next goal: 75 down by 2/29
final goal: somewhere in the 130's!!!!

toodles girlies
Old 10-24-2003, 07:57 AM   #53  

Good Morning all and HAPPY POUNDS DOWN FRIDAY!

YES! I got all 4 points yesterday.......
and YES! I lost 2 pounds last week. Putting me at 225 (25 down since June)

I've been so down the last week, and then unexplainedly I'm "up" today..........I think I figured it out. It's the LIGHT! This time of year up north is famous as "depression season". The days get very short (ending up with pitch dark coming around 4 in the afternoon) and on top of that it's been raining (or snowing) all week. Soooooo, this year I'm gonna nip these damn winter light problems in the bud and splurge on some full spectrum light bulbs. They simulate natural light and are supposed to help your mood in the winter. I've never tried them, but my mom has been begging me to get some for years now. They cost between 4 and 8 bucks a pop! But it would be so worth it if I don't have to deal with the mood swings.

Anyway, it's a bright sunny day today.....so I'm gonna get some exercise outdoors today. I've got 2 cords of wood to stack, at the very least!

AMANDA-- WOO HOO for YOU on quitting! Those cancer sticks will KILL YOU! Stay strong and breathe easy.

PAM--don't delay checking out the flylady. Her motto is "YOU ARE NOT BEHIND. JUST JUMP IN WHERE YOU ARE...." and my favorite "HOUSEKEEPING DONE WRONG STILL BLESSES YOUR FAMILY." It means you don't have to be perfect, just take baby steps. You're going to love it!

LISA--don't give up the cookie baking completely. I did that once, and ended up just gorging on everything else because I felt like I'd been "robbed" of my traditions. Just buy enough ingredients to make a couple of dozen.....and then make sure that there are lots of people there to help you eat them. And do it on a "special night".....like Christmas eve, so you don't get tempted to do it again on the "real" holiday.

Well, gotta go now. The kids are in the car.

Later,
Julie
Old 10-24-2003, 08:06 AM   #54  

Really quick check in and I'm off to my job. I did something that is going to shock all of you..... are you sitting down??? Ok here goes... I actually... stripped at a strip club for hubby last night..ROTFLOL!!! Ok, ok, ok... no really, I got ALL FOUR POINTS YESTERDAY!!!! Whoooo-hooo!! Also I lost another 1.6 pounds! I made my 10 pound goal by halloween!! Here all this time I have been beating myself up and I'm still going in the right direction..hmmm.. maybe I am just too hard on myself?? Gotta think about that one for a bit... I'll check in later to chat more. Have a great Friday everybody!!

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Lisa
Old 10-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #55  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! Looks like we have some great losses this week!

HERE IS OUR NEW LBS DOWN ON FRIDAY WIZARD. IF YOU POST ON FRIDAY WHAT YOUR LOSS WAS (PAM FOR YOU POST WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR THE MONTH OR WHATEVER), I WILL POST THEM TOGETHER SO EVERYONE SEES!

LISA 1.6
JULIE 2
ME 4.5

POINTS FOR THURSDAY (AND WED FOR PAM)

Pam
Julie
Lisa
Me
Sandy/giggle
Amanda: I was remiss in congratulating you on quitting smoking! That is terrific. You can do it. Like weight loss it is hard, but it is all about what you really want in your life! Yeah for you!

Lisa: Hope dh loved the show! YOU GO GIRL!

As for holiday cookies, if you are really into cookies and like making unusual ones, I make a Hungarian cookie that is fabulous, fattening, but fabo and I give cookies as gifts to neighbors and friends rather than other gifts. The cookies are called Kieflies and those of you in the midwest may have had them or heard of them. Anyway, they are cresent shaped, the cookie dough is rolled out paper thin and is made from flour, sour cream, egg yolks, lemon zest and a LB of butter and the filling is ground walnuts,whipped egg whites, powdered sugar, vanilla. They are really heavenly. My older sister cuts corners and makes hers with cheap margarine and pecans and they are AWFUL! You HAVE to use the expensive ingredients in them. Anyway, any cookie gourmets may have the recipe if you let me know, I will post it.

You guys, I am telling you, the devil is trying to keep me from doing this tomorrow. NOT only is there a 60% chance of rain ALL DAY, but I started my period yesterday evening so I am going to have my bad day TOMORROW! UGH! I don't care, as long as they have the race I am walking, I don't care if I have to wear a blanket between my legs and look like Baby Huey!

I have already gotten in 2 miles this morning and I need to shop again so I have to kick it!

Later

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-24-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #56  

Good morning chickies!

Lisa, I know about being too hard on myself. I tend to go way overboard as in wholehog when I decide to do something and then when I deivate any at all I beat myself black and blue. It has taken me a long time to learn not to do that and I still have trouble with it but now that I don't beat myself up as often I can accomplish more. Everyone has his or her own way of doing things and I know that sometimes it is easier said than done, but what has helped me more than anything was learning to look at my diet differently. It is not a diet nor a plan. It is a choice, a choice that I have made to eat healthier and to be healither. This choice is for me alone. This has to be something that I am doing for me and not someone else or any other reason(special occasion). That tought process has helped me so much. In the mean time hey if anyone notices and comments well, then that is great, but even though I do feel good when those times comes around I have to say to myself this is all about you and not what they see or think. The depression is hard to get thru however. I generally did eat when depressed or stressed. The depression eating has turned into energy(i move around more when depressed), the stress I am still working on. I still reach for that chocolate when stressed but not I have learned to limit myself to a small amount(usually a handful of something). Even though I have rambled on and on I hope that this might be of some help to you Lisa. Just keep on and you will find your balance.

Julie, those light bulbs sound interesting. Where could I find them at. I am nowheres as far north as you but still I do tend to get depressed when the snow hits and hey who knows maybe they could be of some benefit.

Anyway, yesterday I got in 3 pts. Water was a little short. Thats alright today is another day. Gotta run

hugs,
sandy
Old 10-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #57  

Faye, you have worked to hard to have this bad attitude going! And I quote"but I started my period yesterday evening so I am going to have my bad day tomorrow" I realize that we each know how our TOM is going to be but this mind frame of I am going to isn't going to help matters at all. Why not look at it in this manner. I am going to have a great day no matter what. or I pray that this one isn't going to be as bad, I hope this one to be better. Faye, by no means am I attacking you but I am only wanting to see you succeed in this! I have learned that by taking my thoughts and trying to keep a more positive outlook things usually goes much better than I expect. I pray for you that they will go wonderfully and that you get out there and give it your all.

hugs,
sandy
Old 10-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #58  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! 2 lbs down!!! lost forever!! WOOOO HOOOOO!! Got points for h2o and op yesterday... have not been exercising because i decided i should get well first. So, while you lovelies were giving me that advice i had decided that for myself. I will start exercising again Monday. New week and i will be better physically so i will restart....
Man u ladies are on fire today... i can't keep up... LOL i am trying to post and u guys keep posting more!! LOL I wish i could just talk to u all..... Anyway... Happy and Lisa... u guys just made my day! Thanks for the kind words!! I try to be and stay happy... being any other way is pointless to me! LOL WTG Lisa on the strip tease... u rock!! someday i will... my thing is singing... love love love the kareokee...LOL Things are kinda rushed here this morning so i will ge this out and post more later... Love you all... take care of u today!! Mom is taking me to curves today and paying for a 3 month trial.... I love curves so hopefully all will work out!!! Stay strong and be happy today!!

Love and laughter,
Sandy
Old 10-24-2003, 09:49 AM   #59  
I Can and I Will

Faye i agree with Sandy... make your mind set positive and hopefull... WE LOVE YOU and will be with u every step of the way...

Sandy
Old 10-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #60  

I guess I didn't come across very well about it! I am raring to go, I just think that stumbling blocks are put in the way of good things sometimes and it irritates me. I am really upbeat about it and not worried at all. A little nervous maybe, but that is because I have never done anything organized.

SandyB: 2

SandyB

Gotta run!

Faye
Closed Thread