Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:43 AM   #91  

I COULDN'T RESIST! JUST HOPE ALL THE KIDDIES ARE SAFE TONIGHT.

I GET MY HAIR FIXED EACH WEEK...SO I WON'T HAVE TO DO IT. DIDN'T CUT AT ALL...THIS WEEK GONNA START HAVING HER DO MY NAILS, TOO....RA HANDS JUST DON'T LIKE DOING VERY MUCH, ANYMORE.

I'M STILL AT THE STATION...ALL GOING WELL. MY SISTER THINKS I SHOULD TEACH, TOO....I THINK IT'S ALL I CAN DO TO TEACH MYSELF. HOW'S THOSE GRAPHICS COMING?

HOPE ALL ARE WELL TODAY.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #92  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Here's the link to a site that will help you understand what I have...
*DIVERTICULITIS (with infection & fever like I just had) or
*DIVERTICULOSIS (not infected but have the disease):
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...osis/index.htm

Hope you all had a super day today, I am so very tired.
Good-night everyone, sleep well.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:37 PM   #93  

Default Hello

I got up at 4:30 again and rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes.
Had cooked eggs with ICBINB on them and a slice of ham and a cup of green tea.

Work went well again today.

I stopped at Shopko and picked up some candy for trick-or-treaters, and also got a HULK truck and motorcycles on a trailer for my little grandson because he has been sick and the nurses tried to get blood from his arm yesterday and couldn't get his vein.
My daughter-in-law said he kept saying, "Can we please stop now?" Poor little guy! He's only 5 years old.

I only bought 2 bags of candy because I don't get many trick-or-treaters here. I also got 2 bags of delicious apples, plus I got each of the grandkids a big cup of M&M's, and since I got one a toy, I got books and toys for the rest of the grandkids too.

For supper I had a piece of fresh salmon fillet made on George with garlic pepper and some mock mashed potatoes and a salad. I am really stuffed.

Now to try to catch up, ...

I'm not going to try to answer each post that has been made since I last posted. I'd be here all night.

The "tailgate party" went really well at work yesterday.
I took along my own lunch and had that for my lunch. However at afternoon break I did have a deviled egg and a wedge of lunch meat and one of cheese.

Between the three shifts we raised $1900.00 and donated it to the GOOD FELLOWS. Pretty good, huh?
It's funny that you posted that photo of the tailgate party because we had a casket (homemade) at work yesterday with a (stuffed) Brett Favre in it. A woman who works there and her husband have their whole back yard decorated with Viking stuff all football season, and that "casket" is one of the things they have out there, so she brought it to work yesterday.

A lot of the employees wear their team colors and of course some color their hair purple or green too. For Puss, the Vikings are Purple and gold uniforms and the Packers are Green and gold or yellow.
The company provides the hamburgers and hot dogs catered and grilled just outside the plant, and the employees all bring food to go with it. There is a ton of food always. I took a huge fruit bowl and fruit dip.

SunnyD, that baby is absolutely beautiful!! I'd be fighting to get to hold her all the time!
I'm so glad you're over the bout with diverticulitis. So awfully painful!

Charlotte, the halloween cartoons are so cute! Glad you're feeling good yet.
I don't blame you for getting your hair done every week and your nails too. You need some pampering with all you go through.
I should have something done with my nails, I suppose, but they are so ugly that I don't think there's much hope for them. They are all wide and misshapen, and they curl under if they grow out to more than 1/4 inch beyond the end of my finger. Just icky!

Sheila, I laughed so hard I darn near pee'd my pants when I read that about the chickens getting drunk!!

My hairdresser cuts my hair with a razor all the time. She takes a tiny bit of it and twists it, then makes tiny cuts along the length of that tiny piece and then goes on to another little twist. I have fine hair and this makes it different lengths and makes it look fuller. I wear my hair short, and it really helps.

Bluet, is that creep still not bothering you?
Wow! If I weighed 138 pounds, I'd be calling it GOAL! And I'm only 5' 3". But, I guess it's what you're comfortable at. We're all different in that respect.

Puss, how goes the swimming and exercise classes? I think I'll try out my treadmill tomorrow. It's been ages since I've walked on it.

Jacquie, it was nice to hear from you, but, ... where did you go again?

I hope I haven't missed anyone.
I need to get my dishes done up and start getting ready for bed. I'm really tired tonight.
Everyone have a good evening.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:39 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's sounds so painful, SunnyD. So when you don't have diverticulitis attacks, do you still have discomfort from the diverticulosis? I noticed it said some people do, and some don't. I hope you're one of the "don't." Do you find that eating high fiber or drinking fiber helps reduce the number of attacks? When you mentioned the seeds, do you think the seeds get caught in the diverticula and then get infected? Sorry--I was in technical journalism and sometimes I get carried away with questioning. Please feel free to ignore if what I'm asking is too personal.

Hey, Willow, I read an article that said that exercise in the morning is the best for postmenopausal women. The article went on to say that women who exercised in the morning slept better and ddn't want up as much at night. Now, I'm not sure if they are talking exercising at 4:30 am, however!! To me, that would be waking in the middle of the night. . .

That was so nice of you to get all your grandchildren something for Halloween. Your poor little grandson. He sounds like a pretty brave little guy. I'd be screaming bloody murder by then.

And salmon for dinner--my fave! I had it twice over the weekend at my friends' place. They catch salmon from their backyard--isn't that cool?

Charlotte, those are great Halloween graphics--thank you! I'm like Willow in the nails department. I think my toe fungus has spread to one of my thumbnails, and the rest of my nails grow a little, then just break off. I take vitamins, too, and I thought that was supposed to help nails. My mother had nice nails. In fact, when she was undergoing chemotherapy, her nails looked fantastic, the best they'd ever looked. Pretty strange. Sometimes I think having a manicure would be fun, and maybe the manicurist could give me some tips to help me grow my nails a bit longer. If I didn't have this toe fungus, I'd like to have a pedicure. My heels are awful--I hate looking at my feet so I don't take care of them at all.

So last year we had two groups of kids come trick-or-treating, but this summer we met a girl who lives two houses down and has a barky dog. So she came with two friends, and then our across-the-street neighbors, and our next door neighbors. People are really careful where their kids go these days, as well they should be. Plus we live on a hill so they have to work for their candy.

My Dad was so funny today. I went into his room to give him something and I could tell he was eating something. He quickly put it in that top drawer of his and shut it--the guy moved faster than I've seen him move in weeks, much faster than the last time he tried to hide something from me. I said, "Are you eating something you aren't supposed to be eating?" and I see him moving his jaws up and down like you do when you've stuffed your mouth really full of something, and he's nodding yes while he's chewing. I couldn't help myself--I just cracked up. At that moment, he looked like a guilty four year old who's got his mouth full of candy. He never did tell me what he was eating, but I was laughing so hard I wouldn't have heard him even if he could talk with his mouth so stuffed. I did tell him he really didn't have to hide stuff from me--I'm not going to get mad at him.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! We may see some snow tomorrow, but I doubt it. Pretty darn chilly, though.

Last edited by Sheila53; 10-31-2003 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:56 AM   #95  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Good Morning everyone!

Quote:
SunnyD. So when you don't have diverticulitis attacks, do you still have discomfort from the diverticulosis? I noticed it said some people do, and some don't. I hope you're one of the "don't." Do you find that eating high fiber or drinking fiber helps reduce the number of attacks?
SHEILA ~ I don't mind the questions at all. When I get through an attack - most times I do not have any pain. I may get bloated (like I am 4 -5 months preg - not fair cuz I can't get preg. ), but other then that, no pain. With the IBS I have I sometimes hurt up higher in my gut depending on what type of food I ate. For instance - I should not have anything FRIED. That is a killer for me, but I must admit that when I feel good I make some bad choices... thinking I'll be fine this one time. I know better - but try to push. Most times I am not bothered by seeds, or nuts or corn and alike but when I have it allot in say like two to three days in a row that's when I am vulnerable to an attack. When I stay on the South Beach Diet (purely) I feel real good! And, yes, I take fiber tablets - 2 a day - to keep the monster away and I eat fruit. Oh and drink Peppermint tea - yum! I also noticed that as I get older and after having several attacks this year - I have to eat less so I don't overtax my gut. Everyone in the family is telling me that one day I will have to have surgery, but I am not having that right now. When I behave I feel just fine if not pretty darn good. Kinda makes you wonder why I go off the track, huh. Sometimes I think it's because I feel left out and go for it anyway or feel sorry for myself that I can't have what most enjoy. But when I don't think that way and stay "on track" I feel well. We had such beautiful tomatoes this year (few, but good) I over-indulged and that made me ill. Same with corn --- I had corn-on-the-cob this summer for like two to three days in a row (so sweet - no salt or butter), it does not digest in your system well and behold --- --- I became very ill. So it's always when I push it. You think I would remember the pain and not do that, but I think it's like having a baby - you forget the pain once it's all said and done with... My hubby helps me out allot - reminding me, but I have rebel in me at times and it rears it's ugly head.

WILLOW ~ I have read the same thing that SHEILA did about exercise in the morning. I also, know that you will burn off more calories that are stored "in the body" when you exercise in the morning. When you exercise in the afternoon or evening there's a tendency for the body to burn calories that are from the food eaten and less from stored fat. So good news, huh.

What a shame that your grandson had to go through that... next time maybe ask for an emergency nurse --- they get your veins right away because they have to do it so quickly and efficiently. I had to do that once when I was going through pretesting for surgery... after three stick and missing all three times (and I have great veins!) I demanded an emergency nurse and she got me at first stick!

Your meals sound so delish!!!!! I was eating that way and felt great - now you have given me incentive to get back on track and stay well. Thanx Willow!!!

WoW!! $1,900.00 --- did SUPER! Good job!

Thanks for the compliment about the baby, Mikala... she is beautiful, huh I still haven't seen her because I was too ill to go out, but I will this Sunday Can't wait!!! I bought a fleese jacket with a hood for her and some small gifts for the rest of the family too... FUN to do.

BLUET ~ I too am a "SUVIVOR" fan and "CSI" and "WITHOUT A TRACE" - I recored that so I can watch "ER". Great TV night on Thursday nights. I also enjoy on Friday evening that new show "JOAN OF ARCADIA"... great show! So what did you think of the 'double-voting out' ??? Big surprise the way they did that. Love the twist they come up with to keep it interesting. Quite a game. The only time I really hate to watch is when they make them eat stuff - totally gross! Can't watch it.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter!!
My mom had her 66th birthday on Halloween (10-31)... us kids use to love that she is a Halloween baby - we had the best cakes made for her!

Hellos' to ANGEL, PUSS, JACQUIE too! Hope you all have a great day & evening!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:56 PM   #96  

Default Hi!

I got up at 6:30 this morning and rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes.
Foods were good, but I had the munchies this afternoon for a couple of hours.
I still haven't had any white foods.
I have a headache off and on though, and I think it's withdrawal from the carbs.

I did laundry today and finished the SBD book.

For supper I'm having barbecue ribs and stirfry veggies.

This place has been quiet today.

Sheila, believe me, I wouldn't be getting up to exercise at 4:30 if I didn't have to be to work so early. I'd probably wait till at least 6 AM!

Oh, to be able to catch salmon from your back yard! I guess I never knew where salmon went when they weren't migrating back to their birth place to lay eggs and die.

Love your Dad story. He's so cute!

Sunny, I noticed you said you take 2 fiber tablets a day. I was just reading the SBD book, and that Dr. Agatston said to take a spoonful of metamucil a couple times a day before meals to help the fats absorption.

I didn't do much today, but I was up early, and I'm starting to get tired. Guess I'll get my pj's on and watch tv for a while.

Everybody have a good evening.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:20 AM   #97  

Just a quickie - son and girlfriend pitched up yesterday with what seems like every stitch of clothing son has - for laundry! Said he's been starving all week working late at the hospital and couldn't wait to get home to get fed "and to see you of course, Mum, in case you are lonely without Dad" (and to bring ten ton of laundry too! Ha ha, my fault because I ask him to bring his washing - I am one of those weirdos who like ironing). Hope everyone is well, will post later tonight when they go.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:16 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ironing, Puss? What's that? Must be one of those ancient British customs, right? I don't know when I used my iron last. Actually, I think my son used the iron a month ago when he ironed a couple of shirts before his job interviews. He's coming over today to do washing, too, and he'll probably come around dinner time so he can get fed. I don't do the washing for him, but I do feed him.

SunnyD, I know what you mean about the rebel inside. Even when you know you shouldn't, it's hard to stop yourself. That's such a bummer having to watch what you eat all the time--even worse than trying to lose weight because you pay in pain, not pounds gained. Moderation is not a word that, unfortunately, is in my personal dictionary. If it was, I wouldn't have been 100 lbs. overweight! So I can appreciate you wanting to eat as much of those yummy tomatoes and great corn as you could

I'm not a Survivor fan, but I do love CSI (although not the Miami one) and Without a Trace. However, I love ER so I watch ER, and see Without a Trace during reruns or when ER isn't on. And I will confess to a fascination with Extreme Makeovers. The changes in those people are just incredible! I wish they'd do a follow-up and see how their lives have changed. You know, people really do respond to attractive thin people a lot better than they do fat people or people who are perceived as unattractive. Don't even get me started on how middle-aged, grey-haired overweight women with disabilities are perceived!

Willow, you should be so proud of yourself for not having any of the "white" stuff. That's incredible! Too bad you're suffering from a headache, but it's all in a good cause. When I quit caffeine, I had a major headache for a week, but I'm glad I did it. How was the SBD book? Are you combining that with Weight Watchers? I've heard about that on other forums.

My DH left for Florida this morning. He'll be there for a couple of days, then fly to San Diego for a couple more days. I haven't seen anything on the San Diego fires today, but I hope the residual smoke doesn't bother him--or anyone else. I remember how smoky it was in Colorado when there were fires in Yellowstone, which was actually hours away from where we lived. I felt bad for the poor guy because he had to be at the airport at 5:30 am or so and my married son called last night at 11:30 pm. He's having an incredibly rough time with his marriage--it's an on again/off again kind of a thing so he needed to talk. I have no idea when we turned out the lights. I should have gone into another room, but it was cold and I was all warm and toasty in bed. Hopefully DH slept on the plane--at least he'll be tired when it's 11:00 pm in Florida, which would be 8:00 pm here. So maybe I wasn't that selfish??

So I'm curious how you guys with married kids handle it when the kids call about marital problems? I try to be supportive, and I never say what I really think should happen. However, this time I did say something because my DIL doesn't want them to come for Christmas, which is something we arranged a while ago. It's mainly because my daughter is supposed to be home and it will be the last family holiday we all have together. So, I was bad and told my son to take my granddaughter and come anyway. We're planning on giving him our old car, which he really needs, and this is actually the only way he can get it. I don't really even care if he comes for Christmas, but just for the time my daughter is at home, which could be over Christmas or before or after. I was rather ticked that my DIL would do that to us, especially after they spent 3 weeks this year with her parents and so far only one week with us. We are paying for the whole thing, too, and had planned on sending them places by themselves while we babysat, so they could have some time alone.

Okay, I'll quit complaining. I'd ask for a little cheese with my whine, but it would have to be fat-free and I'm not wild about fat-free cheese.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday! The sun is starting to peek out, but I don't expect that to last. I should take my dogs out while it's not raining.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:55 PM   #99  

Default Sundays should be 72 hours long!

I had a quiet day today. Putzed around all day. Even took a short nap this afternoon. I only dozed off for about 10 minutes though.

I didn't do any kind of exercise this morning either. Wasn't in the mood for it. Now I have to be sure to get back in the groove tomorrow morning. I've already got my alarm set for 4 AM.

I still haven't eaten any white foods. Don't know if it's working or not, but, it sure can't be hurting anything. Maybe I'll weigh myself in the morning.

The last 2 afternoons I've gotten the munchies really bad, so, I'm thinking that it's boredom. Both weekend days, and in the afternoon.

For breakfast today I had a big veggie, ham and cheese omelet, and for lunch I had a little piece of leftover salmon with a small salad and for supper I'm eating as I type this a sweet potato, some asparagus and a leftover barbecue rib.
When I had the munchies I had some beef sausage sticks.

Puss, I have ironed maybe twice in the past year. And it was only one outfit each time.
My husband was so good at ironing. They always looked like they came from the cleaners.
Hope your weekend went well.

Sheila, I AM proud of myself for not eating any white foods, but, I'm getting curious to see how much I've lost. I know I've lost a little because I can tell it in my belly. But, if you could see what I eat! Large amounts! I haven't counted calories or points or anything. I just have been concentrating on eating slowly until I feel satisfied. And I have a LARGE capacity.
That omelet this morning was really big. The bulk of it was vegetables, but, still, it was BIG.
My next challenge will be eating normal-size meals. But I want to get one thing under my belt (so to speak) before I tackle the next thing.

I liked the SBD idea, it's pretty much like what I've been doing the last 2 weeks, but, I didn't see one place in the book where it said just how high was high enough on the glycemic index, or what foods were too high, except for about 4 of them that were named. So, I'm going to have to look out on the 'net to see if there is a cut-off number. Like, is 50 on the index considered a high number, or a low or average? Is 100 ok, or too high? See what I mean? I didn't think that was explained very well.
The concept makes tons of sense to me though.

WW has kind of fallen by the wayside I'm afraid. I truly don't like going to the meetings. I don't think I get as much out of it as I do sitting here typing stuff back and forth to you gals.
I already know before I go to that meeting if I've gained or not, and I know it works for some people, but, I gotta be honest and say it has never worked for me. Or, rather, maybe I've never worked IT. I'd rather spend the money on swim passes. I enjoy the water and I don't enjoy sitting through a WW meeting.

As for my kids calling me about marital problems. Or any problem, for that matter. I have always told them I don't want them sitting alone, hurting, especially in the night. I've gone through that many years ago with my first husband, and I was hundreds of miles away from my family and friends. There is nothing worse than to be sitting alone at 1 or 2 in the morning, with a broken heart and not knowing where your spouse is or what's going to happen to your marriage and doubly bad if you have children.
The nights seem to go on endlessly.

Only one of my kids has been divorced, and he was married to an alcoholic. I watched him be hurt over and over again for 9 years. I realize she had an illness, but I got to the point that I hated that woman. But, I never told him that, and I listened, late at night, sometimes till daylight when he had to get ready for work, for as many times as he needed to call me. But, when he did ask me what I would do in his place, I told him not to waste anymore of his youth on someone who obviously wasn't ever going to keep her word and go for treatment. Every time he was ready to leave, she would promise to go for treatment, and would "supposedly" quit, until he stayed, then the same thing would start over.
When he started getting calls from her boyfriend, he left, but still didn't divorce her for a year and a half. I'm glad that they DIDN'T live closer to me. There probably would have been a couple of hair-pulling contests if they had.

She too quit coming for any of the holidays. Said she needed to stay home to take care of the dogs. Funny, ... they had always gone to a kennel before. At any rate, my son and granddaughter came home for the holidays anyway.
She just didn't want to face any of us because she knew that we had found out what she was doing.

So, I say that a mother should always make herself available to her kids, to listen if nothing else. Sometimes they only need to talk and hear themselves express it to make a decision. I'm sure her parents are doing the same for her. Unless they don't know about it yet.

Well, I'm going to get my stuff ready for tomorrow.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Take care and I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:22 AM   #100  

Good Monday morning everyone. Hope all have a good week. I had a long, & pretty good weekend.

Willow....proud of you for doing so well on your diet! Hope you're feeling better these days. At least, you sound more like Willow!

Sheila...I was never able to talk to my mother...so I taught my children to come to me with anything at any time. As teens, they would tell me things they had done I REALLY didn't want to know! But, was still there for them. As married adults...they know they can still come to me & tell me anything, & they do. I don't give advice, unless asked. If I'm asked, though, I'm honest...& tell them what I think they should do. They know they can take the advice or choose not to. I'm very careful about giving opinion of their spouse, at that time, though. It backfired on me once. My son came to me (said he was leaving her), sometime during our conversation I said something about I couldn't trust her not to tell things I told her (which I can't). They made up....he told her what I said....then they were BOTH mad at me! Now...I just listen.
I've also had my son-in-laws & even the daughter-in-law to come talk to me about problems & asked advice how to deal with "my" children. I try to be there for them, also. VERY careful not to say something to get me in trouble. I usually just say I hope they can come to an understanding...& I love both of them & will pray for them. So far, so good. Seems like the other families do get more time on holidays, though.....just can't figure that out.

Fatpuss...I HATE ironing!! Wish you could do mine for me. I have very little to do....but, put it off til I have to...as I need it.

ABOUT WOMEN:

1. BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL WOMAN IS HERSELF!

2. WOMEN ARE LIKE TEABAGS...YOU DON'T KNOW HOW STRONG SHE IS UNTIL YOU PUT HER IN HOT WATER!

3. I'M OUT OF ESTROGEN & I HAVE A GUN!

4. WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE & I KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

5. OF COURSE, I DON'T LOOK BUSY...I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

6. ALL STRESSED OUT & NO ONE TO CHOKE!!

7. I CAN BE ONE OF THOSE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENS TO BAD PEOPLE!

8. DON'T UPSET ME! I'M RUNNING OUT OF PLACES TO HIDE THE BODIES!

9. IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST IN BED, SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN!!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #101  

Hi Everyone,

Had a long quite weekend. Grandaughter came over for awhile on Saturday, but then she decided it was too boring at Grandma's and wanted to go home by Mommy. I think she wanted to check and see if Mommy was giving too much attention to new baby sister and she might be missing out. Personally, I think her Mommy was just thankful to get some peace and quite while baby sister slept, and Mommy took a nap. I hope so.

Went to church Sunday morning and then did some shopping DH needed a new sports coat. He has to wear one everyday and one of his old ones was wearing out on the elbow. Found a nice tweedy one that looked really nice on him and he was happy.

Went to work in the afternoon and finish the first part of the month end on the computer, came home and ate some supper, then got ready for the Packer Game. Finally got to bed around 11:00 pm.

Willow, I think Brett Farve, didn't like hearing that your co-workers stuffed and effigy of him in a coffin and it sent him on a rampage. I am only speculating here. One year our daughters and their spouses and DH and myself traveled to Minnesota to attend a Viking/Packer game at the Metro-Dome. The noise in that dome is tremendously over-whelming. I had never seen so much purple in one place at one time. I still get a little afraid when I see a Viking head dress and yellow braids. I see they have added purple hair to the Viking Costume also. The Viking Horn blowing in the Dome is really intimidating, and now they have added an additional siren sound. I think as fans, we're best off if we keep our Green and Gold colors and our variety of dumb looking cheese heads and stay home in Packer Country, the home of brats, beer and tailgating. All-in-all it was an exciting game to watch, kept me awake. Willow, your diet sounds a lot like Dr. Kathleen DesMaisons program at www.radiantrecovery.com, there is a lot of serious helpful support there. If you have a couple of minutes, please check it out. I think you will like it. It was how I was able to lose twenty pounds, after years of struggle to lose weight and was unable to. I have such a high regard for the program on November 11, 2003 I will have been on the program six months and have not gone back to my old sugar/white flour eating habits yet.

Puss, what is an an iron? Is it that heavy flat thing you put on the wood stove, heat up and grab with a hot pad, and desperately try to get wrinkles out of clothes with? I have one daughter that still irons, whenever she comes home, before she goes out someplace she has to iron her outfit. It is always a desperate search to find the iron and ironing board for her. I have ended up putting it in the spare bedroom closet just for her. I know people who love to iron though, my Mother, for one, could take in ironing as much as she loves to iron. Guess what Puss, you and Willow have inspired me, I got on the treadmill this morning. Now if I can just keep it up, I can hopefully shed these last eight pounds. I hope, I hope.

Sheila, I should chide you a little too after all Mike Holgrem left Green Bay to go coach Seattle, and after Green Bay named a street after him too. That took a lot of nerve. Awe who cares, right? Seems like you have bigger fish to fry anyway. I hate that when the children struggle with personal problems, it breaks my heart. I learned the hard way when they were teenagers, not to demean their chosen one and to be there when they need you. And never, never give advice, unless they ask for advice, and even then tread with caution. Sounds like, you are a typical Mom and Dad, doing your best and doing things right. Don't worry it will all turn out alright, even if it is not exactly the way you thought it should turn out, the kids usually find a way. I think our children spend more time with their inlaws too, but only because their inlaws are more demanding than we are. You will be fine.

SunnyD, you are such a bright happy gal, for all the unhappy strife you have suffered. Your heart and faith are in the right place, more power to you and that handsome hubby of yours. I'll bet as soon as you got that yard work done, you hurried over to see that new little niece of yours. The kids and grandchilden were so cute for Halloween, and having such a good time. Too much candy though. Well, I have to take off here, I am at work and I have to go to the computer room and work on some more Month End stuff.

Take care Everyone, talk to you later

Bluet
Old 11-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #102  

Hi everyone, I did actually post a long one on Friday night before the short one but the computer timed out on me and I lost the lot. I was too tired to do it again.
Thanks for explanations on tailgating and costume for prohibition party. Sheila, I laughed my head off imagining those tipsy chickens, such a hoot. Bluet you are exercising!! Hey, if I can force myself, anyone can. I went swimming again in my lunch hour and friend was so impressed I went twice last week alone when she was off work. We even have a new recruit from the office for wednesday (we are both out of office on Friday so re-scheduled). Your GD sounds so lovely, Birthday Day, love it. Willow, you are doing well on those foods though I could not do without bread, rice etc. Thanks for explaining the Vikings and Packers, are they football or baseball? You did well to raise $1900 for charity. SunnyD, thanks for the photo of tailgate party, it looks a bit like a car boot sale over here where people empty their attics for sale! It must be so difficult having to avoid certain foods. I am so lucky not to have a single medical problem yet. Angel, good for you getting a regular manicure along with your hair appointment. I have naturally long and strong nails which always get commented on but what people don't realise is, the toe nails are the same and I need the garden pruners to chop em down to size! I love your 'About Women' pointers, ha ha. Sheila, your DD is just too lovely for words, you have a lovely relationship and I can tell you are a really loving daughter to him. How's the Matador red going? Got the lipstick to match yet? I know American's don't iron much because my uncle came from New York 30 years ago and watched my mother ironing and said he never sees anyone iron over in the US. I think perhaps you tumble dry more stuff than we do here. I try to dry most things in the fresh air outdoors and I still haven't met the non-iron shirt that didn't look better for a quick run-over with the iron. I iron everything except tea towels for drying dishes, ha ha. 15 shirts son had, obviously he hadn't done any laundry for two weeks. Interesting reading your posts about grown kids with marital problems. I know all the advice columns say not to interfer, just listen but I know I will never be able to do that. I said to my daughter's boyfriend soon as they went steady that if he ever hurts her in any way he had better leave the planet because I would kill anyone who so much as breathed on her. He laughs about it now if he says the slightest thing about her he always says, "only joking, hey". I have told my kids I would like to be a listener and sounding board but don't tell me anything bad because I could not control myself. I just can't help it, DH says I am like a wolverine with them but I would hate to think it would prevent them confiding in me.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #103  

I have done this in two bits because if the computer timed out again I would go mental! Son and I spent ages deleting loads of stuff DH had put on the computer for work, weather charts etc. and it seems to be quicker now.
My cat doesn't seem to be as well as he has been. He hasn't eaten much this last week, even his beloved fish. I have a horrible feeling the tablets are just not working as well as they did and this is the start of the decline. My mother rang me in work this morning weeping and wailing. Now that the tinnitus is made better by her two hearing aids we are back to her tablets and every side effect ever listed including some that are not!! Great!! DH is back on Friday morning and I have booked the day off work.
Jacqui, hope you are well. Am always tired on Monday nights - finished another good book last night at 0130 - so I am off to find another book to read .....
Old 11-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #104  

Default WE GOT SNOW!!!

It snowed here today! Beautiful! Makes me feel all warm and Christmasy inside! I wish my family was here right now.

I got up at 4 AM and rode my stationary bike for 45 minutes.
And, .... I weighed myself this morning.
........ But, ........ I'm not going to tell you what the scales said. ....
Just kidding! I lost 9 pounds since Oct. 20th. Isn't that great? I love it. But, we all know that's about the end of any big losses. It's a nice start though. Now I hope it continues.
I need next to do something about the portions.
I still haven't eaten any white foods.

Work went well today.

I got my appointment itinerary from Mayo. I go back on Dec. 3rd and 4th. Wish me luck.

I went right after work and bought my swim passes at the hotel. 30 swims for $40.00. Actually, $42.60 counting taxes. You can go anytime you want, for as long as you want to, from 7 AM until 12:30 AM. Sunday through Thursday. Can't go on Friday and Saturday because that's when they have the most guests and they want to keep the pool available for the customers.
I'm getting my stuff rounded up tonight. Yesssss!!

My foods were good today. I had cooked eggs and low fat ham for breakfast, and a BLT without the bread for lunch and skinless chicken tenderloin with stirfry veggies for supper.
Tonight I made some quiche cups.
egg substitute, fat-free half and half, really crisp crumbled bacon, or lean ham, chopped spinach and/or any other veggie you like. divide the ingredients into foil cupcake liners that you first spray with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture over ingredients and bake at 325 for about 45 minutes, then sprinkle fat-free shredded cheddar cheese over the top. When they're cooled you can put them in the freezer in a bag and just grab 1 or 2 when you're in a hurry.

I better go get my stuff ready for tomorrow.

Charlotte, the "about women" is cute. True too!!
Do you ever watch any of the games? Any of the sports?
I used to, but I lost interest in it years ago.

Bluet, how do you pronounce "bluet"? Is it like Bluette? Or like Blue tee? or some other pronunciation?

I don't like going to the Dome at all.
I used to love going to the football games and baseball games at the old stadium, but after they built the dome, I never enjoyed going. Just doesn't seem right to be sitting indoors at a football or baseball game. I haven't been up there in about 18 years.
I hear that the pack played a fantastic game this last weekend. Good job!

Thanks for the addy to that site. I'll check it out.

Good job on starting to use the treadmill! Geez, before you know it, we'll all be doing some form of exercise! Yippeee!

Puss, I'm just amazed! You're still swimming! You go girl!

Oh no, I hope kitty isn't getting sick again! I'll be sending out vibes for his good health.

I better get going and get my stuff rounded up for tomorrow.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by willow_1; 11-03-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:35 AM   #105  

Ok, Willow.....do that victory dance! 9 pounds!! You're doing so well....hope you're feeling well, also.
I'd love some snow this winter. So far, it's been beautiful warm weather the last several days. Helps my aching bones.

Fatpuss...liked your toenail comment. Mine are like that, only they're yellow. So, I keep 'em painted pink. I'll have to be pretty bad off to get a pedicure....embarrassing to me. Of course, if my hands get worse, I may have to give in.
Sure hope your dear kitty is doing better.

Bluet....we have to really watch those older sisters/brothers. They love the babies, of course....but do tend to get a little jealous. They really watch others coming in to make over the new baby. I hated when my baby sister came home. I was four & can still remember. I must have been mean to her.....she fell once & knocked her 2 front teeth out. Because I was in the room with her, my mom & dad thought I did it....didn't believe me when I said I didn't push her down...I got pretty bad licking for it! It took 8 yrs for her teeth to grow back in! (sweet revenge. )

Sheila...hope you're ok today.
Everyone have a good day.

Closed Thread