Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #16  

Hi everyone...
Fatpuss...glad you like the image. As for the mice...I don't really have much choice! At least the Bounty & poison makes them a little drunk... so DH can get them out.....or it would be... around here! Maybe with winter coming on, they'll freeze their little hynies off!!

The work on the house has slowed down a bit. Winter is on us & DH has been insulating the two rooms we're in, so we'll be warm enough. And we are. Kind of waiting to see what happens with settlement, too. He's gotten really tired. Hasn't stopped, just not going at it as he had been. Our money is almost gone...so we're needing to see how far we have to stretch it...or if settlement will ease the pressure. I'm fairly sure we'll be working on it another year. Nov 2 will be one year!
Glad you had fun at the races! Oh...& got so RICH!!!

Hello to everyone...gotta get gone to church.

Old 10-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #17  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Good Afternoon...

Now how could you all hate mice so much --- they are so cute Besides... I have three cats, so problems with mice here

Thanks FATPUSS ~ I have been a long time lurker because I am a big fan of ANGEL's I enjoyed all her graphics (and posts) & animations because I too use them allot. So I followed... and really liked the threads ANGEL joined. I am involved in a couple threads right now, so maybe once in awhile, if you all don't mind I may chime in, but in the meantime I will continue to lurk and enjoy your writing if you all don't mind You make me laugh... love your sense of humor! All of you are neat people.

Hi ANGEL

Take Care & God Bless!
Old 10-19-2003, 03:25 PM   #18  

Default Maybe this is what I need, ...

This was in our local paper the other day, and I just read it closely today. Maybe this is what would help me and my big appetite.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.
A kind of pacemaker for the tummy, an implanted electrical device that fools the body into feeling full, appears to be an effective alternative to radical digestive surgery for helping obese people shed large amounts of weight.
If it proves successful in larger studies, the experimental device could offer a new way to help very large people slim down when they cannot lose weight on diets or with appetite-suppressing drugs.
Researchers on Sunday presented preliminary data on the usefulness of the approach, which has been tested on 450 people to show it's safety.

Surgical techniques that shrink the stomach and reroute the digestive tract are the only highly reliable way to make obese people lose weight. However, this is major surgery that carries significant risk, including a 1-percent chance of death.

The new device is called an implantable gastric stimulator and is similar to a cardiac pacemaker. But, instead of stimulating the heart, this one is attached to the wall of the stomach and is intended to reduce feelings of hunger.

The researchers implanted the devices in 30 obese women and men whose average weight was 242 pounds. Their average BMI was 42.
After a year with the implants, two-thirds of the volunteers had lost weight. The average was an 18 percent drop in their excess weight. The system uses an electrical pulse generator, a little larger than a silver dollar, that is placed under the skin in the abdomen and connected to the stomach with two wires.
Implanting it takes less than an hour and is done as an outpatient laparoscopic procedure.

Still have the sore throat and bronchitis. Eating cough drops and sucking on throat lozenges non-stop.

I went to J. C. Penney and ordered two swimsuits yesterday. Getting ready for the pool at the motel. I have 2 suits, but, they're getting old.

I haven't heard a word from anyone all weekend, which is just as well, because I don't feel like having company or talking a lot anyway.

I am so very uncomfortable in all this fat.
It's hard to move, hard to breathe, hard to lie down, hard to walk, hard to bend, ...........
And I can't find my enthusiasm anymore, either.

You'd think I'd be in a good mood today because the sun is shining and it's beautiful outdoors, ... but I don't even want to take the energy to get dressed and go out there.

Maybe I'll go try to take a nap.

Yesterday I woke up at 7 AM, got up for an hour and a half, then felt overwhelmingly tired, went back to bed and slept until 11:45 AM!!! It HAS to be this upper respiratory thing, because once I'm awake and up, that's it for the day. It actually felt kind of good though, even though I kind of felt like I had done something wrong, strangely. I don't know. Guess I'm just weird.

Well, everyone have a good day.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:48 PM   #19  

Hello SunnyD...to this thread! We'd love to have you drop by any time!

Willow...My DH saw that on TV ...tried to tell me about it, but always gets details mixed up. I hope you get to feeling better...this isn't the kind of post I'm used to reading from you...troubles me. DH says if we sleep a lot, though, we must be needing to...so...get your rest!

Hope all have a good Monday!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:08 AM   #20  

Just a quickie - am working from home and taking a cup of tea break. Angel, where do you get your images from, that drunken mouse had me howling. If I knew how to do them I would find a big man (or mouse) trap and put it underneath him! You and your DH need to take care of each other, the past year has not only been physically draining for you both, but mentally too. I know you don't need me to tell you that but it does no harm to remind people sometimes when they are rushing round doing for others too. Take it easy for a while. Willow, you are obviously feeling down because you ARE down, physically - bronchitis, sore throat and working schedule, and I don't need to be a doctor to tell you that, either. Have you seen a doctor about the bronchitis? When you feel better you will get this all into proportion ie the dieting etc. Did I tell you I have a colleague who had her stomach stapled (it's irreversable) last year? Cost her about 11,000 dollars and she looks good. To be honest I didn't think she needed it because she is a tall, big-boned lady and it seems she was at the lowest end of the weight scale where a doctor deems it necessary. She could only eat a tiny portion of what the rest of us were gorging because she said she can feel it backing up her gullet if she overeats. I guess it's a solution for some but the fact that there's no reversing it would deter me. I might have to save up for a hair transplant soon, I have noticed for a while (long before the diet) that my hair wasn't as thick as it used to be and now it is thinning in parts where it used to be wild, thick and wavy. This must be hormonal the type that little old ladies get but I am only just 50 so heavens knows what's going on. I mentioned it to the doc last year and he just dismissed me as 'nothing can be done' - he's a real charmer. Sheila are you ok? And Bluet? And Jacqui? SunnyD, you are more than welcome to drop by anytime you like and I love your cute little icons too.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #21  

Hi Everyone,

Just out of curiousity SunnyD where did you you find me? I think what I had done was start a new thread out of desperation. Thank you for finding my way home for me. Also thank you for pointing out to me that I had to resubscribe to receive email notification of the correct page to go to. I have taken Puss's suggestion too, and created a desk top image directly to the page. I will have to change it each time we start over. Sometimes, we cannot see the trees for the forest. But anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Willow, damn, you sound depressed, is there anything we can do to help you? I don't like hearing about the gastric whatever thing. Don't even think about it until your mood changes. I can come to Minnesota, you know, I am only 5 hours from St. Paul and they are all good roads. If you don't start sounding better, I'll be showing up. Hwy 29 across Wisconsin is double highway all the way. Sounds like you need to get your butt to the doctor and get an antibiotic for that throat. I agree with Charlotte, you don't sound like yourself.

Puss, what a little rascal you are out gambling and winning such big bucks. Goodnes, what will you be up to next? I think DH, better get back to England soon. Just kidding. Glad you had a good time. Fries, salt and vinegar, hmmmmm, insteresting combination. I am not too sure, about trying that, but it must be good if you like it. I like fries, salt and mayo, way too much, it probably tastes about the same. I finished a Susan Wiggs novel this weekend "A Summer Affair" and started a Browyn Williams novel this morning before work. This one does not take place in England either, it takes place on the islands off of North Carolina, but in the same time period of novels I usually read, the 1800's.
Browyn Williams are actually two sisters that write a story each time together. They live and grew up n North Carolina. I read a few of their books, years ago, and noticed this one at the library, so thought I would give it a try.

Charolett, I don't envy you living in two rooms for the winter, I wish things were better for you. You have a strong faith, and that is a very good thing. I just know this trajedy you are suffering will turn into a good thing. Your graphics are so sweet, you look like an expert.

I spent the entire weekend entertaining our grandaughter who lives next door. I thought I would give my daughter a break, she is feeling really sleep deprived lately with the new baby. My SIL and my grandson were out of town helping SIL's Mom and Dad so my daughter just had the baby to look after, so she slept when the baby did.

Well gotta get going, get some work done.

Take care all of you.

Bluet
Old 10-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #22  

Bluet - good to have you back. Bet you had fun minding little GD, I will just have to wait my turn my children tell me! You are certainly ploughing through those books, lady, ever thought of becoming a proof reader for a publishing house? I have a friend who does it, stuff delivered to her home, but she gets lots of boring stuff too like technical manuals ughhh! I have to tell you a story about an author of a bodice ripper who came to give a talk at Aberdeen Library when I lived in Scotland. The author's name was Jessica Sterling , a very prolific writer, (the books are found everywhere at car boot sales etc) and the jackets are always very romantic of ladies swooning into the arms of cavalry officers etc. You get the picture? The talk was to be on how to write novels and there were about ten of us in the library sitting and waiting for Jessica to arrive. I didn't know anyone but noticed a very masculine pair of women at the back. Well, you know what I am going to say, don't you? When Jessica Sterling was introduced she was a huge,great, hairy-bearded man! I have since learned that many of these romantic fictions are written by men but it was all too much for the two ladies at the back who got up and left muttering insults, ha ha. I still can't remember the talk, I was so entranced by this massive barn of a man writing about finer, feminine feelings (how's that for alliteration, must have picked something up after all!!!)
Old 10-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #23  

Angry

Awwwe, Thank you everyone for such a warm Welcome!

ANGEL~ I always enjoy your special welcome's Thanks so much...

BLUET ~ I am glad to see that you are okay. What you do is go straight to the top of this page - there you will see 3FC Healthy Weight Loss Support Forums > General > Support > Then the Thread you are on:"Over 50 and Hetting Healthy #5". Click on "Support" and you will be taken to where the Support Threads are... that's where I found you You had begun a new thread there which was good, because I look for those who may need a helping hand and there I found you So glad I could be of some help.

WILLOW ~ I do hope you feel better real soon! I had the flu this weekend, so it is really going around - everywhere! Be good to yourself.

Thanks FATPUSS!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-20-2003, 12:25 PM   #24  

Angry

Just in case you all would like to see my new living-room set that we just got this weekend - Here is a link to the thread where I posted the pictures (I cannot post pics a second time here) There are 3 pictures, so scroll up or down, okay.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...024#post473024

Be seeing ya...
Old 10-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #25  

Hi...only have a minute...gotta go to station.

Fatpuss...you're right...the mice seem to be eating the Bounty! I may have to try a cat. I get the images all over the internet. It's fun, but lots of work & time consuming...I do enjoy it. If you want to try...go to a search & ask for free graphics. Find one you want...right click..."save as"...then go to where you saved it & find properties (I open in enternet explorer to do this) copy & paste into the forum. Put [img] at the beginning & [/img] at the end.
You're right about DH & I taking care of each other. We noticed at times we were getting ill toward each other & had to remember it was the stress of it all. I heard building a house would test a marriage...so all of this has REALLY been a test! Happy to say, so far...so good. Got a long way to go, though. We ARE holding tight to each other. So much has happened...it's like...what might happen next.

Bluet...thanks for the compliments...not an expert...just a lot of time on my hands sometimes. If anyone would like to see my website (not the homepage here, but a larger Christian website) it's address is http://www.charlotteborden.tvheaven.com I've enjoyed working on it for 2 years now...& have a lot of signatures in the guestbook from all over the world.
I know you enjoyed that granddaughter. Hope the mom gets more rest.

Willow...I DO hope you are better today. Take care of yourself. Been praying for you. I think it's a good idea for Bluet to go visit you. Maybe you need a little "push" to the dr.

Gotta go...running late going to station. Time flies in the mornings!

Old 10-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #26  

Wink Willow...

Thinking of you, WILLOW...

Old 10-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #27  

Angel, such a sophisticated looking cat that! I think your website is lovely, so professional too, you could easily make your living from IT if you wanted to. Thanks so much for instructions on images - I have picked up a few virus's from this site - kept getting huge picture on my screen the other night which blocked this one out - so I would be worried about going into unknown territories now. We are going to change providers in a month's time, this one is not very good and for years we have said we would but this time we will change.
SunnyD your furniture is beautiful, you must be really pleased. How cute is that mouse in the chair? If they looked like that in real life they wouldn't have a problem from us humans!
Bluet - you don't have to worry about DH having to come home to save me from going astray (not that way, anyway), he is well used to my antics after 32 years together, ha ha. When we met I was just 18 out of school and he was 9 years older but having been to a posh boys- only school, he really didn't have a clue. I taught him all the bad things he never knew like all night drinking games and cards. That was in our youth mind you! Good job I had a lovely MIL who approved of me dragging her only child into the real world,ha! I think we had this conversation with Willow recently, didn't we, about how the kids today think they invent everything.
Sheila, are you ok? Long time no contact. Hope things are ok at home and with DD.
Jacqui, hope you are well and your DM has settled into her new home fine.
Willow - have you been to the doctor's yet????
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #28  

Angry

Here's a little critter for you both, FATPUSS & ANGEL Couldn't help myself

Here's the cat you both want to get rid of those mice...
His name is Zeppe (one of my three guys)
Old 10-20-2003, 08:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What a beautiful kitty, SunnyD. I love tiger kitties. I had one similar to your handsome Zeppe--mine was the guy who used to invite the mice to come into the house and play with him! I had an orange-striped cat, too. Now I have one that looks like she's part Birman, a tuxedo boy, and a beautiful calico who is the epitome of autumn colors. You have beautiful furniture, by the way--perfect for sleeping kitties!

Charlotte, I love your graphics. The winking cat is the best! I've heard that building a house, or even remodeling, can break a relationship. I can't imagine how people who haven't been married long can even think about building. At least when you're been married a while, you know each other well enough to know when you need to take a time out, so to speak.

Willow, I hope you feel better soon. You definitely sound down, which is probably the result of not feeling well. It's hard to be motivated when you feel like cr*p,. When I feel bad, I want to comfort myself. And, of course, what I comfort myself with is food.

Bluet, how nice of you to babysit so your daughter could get a break! I hope you had a good time. And I'm glad that you found your way back. And that you brought such a lovely guide back with you!

Puss, you always crack me up. I can just imagine you introducing your naive DH to all the "worldly delights!" You must have taught him well because, if I'm recalling some stories right, you two have gotten into some interesting situations! So you're still talking to your mom every night? How's that going? At one point, you were limiting her to 5 minutes or so because she could talk your ear off for hours. I hope you're sticking with that plan.

No word yet from my daughter. Kind of bummed about that, even though I know she's really busy. I sent her a form to sign because she was transferring the title of her car to her brother, so she really needs to at least send that back to me. And hopefully the card where I gave her things to check off.

It is raining buckets here, which is exactly what it should do in the Pacific Northwest. We're having some outside drain problems, however, so my DH was out there in his rain suit digging some ditches to run the water away from the foundation. And I put a bucket under the skylight in our little bathroom. When I had someone out to look for a leak, they couldn't find anything, but it's back and worse than ever.

We went on the remodeled house tour over the weekend. Makes me wish I had a house of my own and some big bucks! If we stay here after my dad passes away, I am going to put a second story on this house so we have an even better view of the water and mountains. Some of the houses on the tour had incredible views.

My dad stayed up later than I've seen him stay up in a long time. We were watching a football game together in his room, and eating pizza (did you know you can order Pizza Hut pizza with half the cheese? I had a veggie lovers on a thin crust with half the cheese--very good!). Because it's hard for me to sit, I bring my pillow and lay on his bed, and then my DH has another chair that's very uncomfortable. He's also not as big a football fan as I am so he kind of comes and goes, and I'm nowhere the fan my dad is, but I like to watch certain college games. The game started at 7:00 pm and didn't get done until almost 10:30 pm. About 10:00 pm, I noticed my dad's head kind of falling forward, but I let him sleep. Of course, then there was an incredible touchdown play and I shouted, "look, look," and of course he wakes up, and looks at me, because I'm shouting at him, and not the TV so he missed the whole thing.

Well, it's almost time for the news. Hope everyone's Monday was a lot drier than mine! Oh, by the way, my dang teeth still hurt. I'm going to wait until Wednesday, and see if they're better by then. If not, I guess I'll go back in, but I really, REALLY don't want to.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:03 PM   #30  

Hi everybody...loooong day! Didn't feel too well, either. This RA makes some days rougher than others. Have drs appt tomorrow with my regular dr. I'll probably get my flue shot...hope so.

Fatpuss...I understand not wanting to go into unknown territory...I've had a lot of trouble with computer the last severl months. A week or so ago, someone went into my email. MSN representative said so...they had things messed up pretty bad for awhile. Same thing happened to my sister...so we're wondering if it's the same person. We had to uninstall internet server & reinstall. Then change passwords. I don't see what people get out of doing those things.

Sheila...I will be glad when you hear from your daughter...I know it will help your feelings a lot. My daughter finally got email from SIL today...she forward it to me. He sounds very tired. At least, he's ok.

Bluet..I try to look on the best side of things...I don't have to clean...just dust a little (doesn't really do any good),clean the bathroom, & wash a few clothes. I left only two plates out for us, & some cookware. We use paperplates, cups, etc. There's no kitchen, so we use the former masterbedroom for make-shift kitchen. I have to use dishpan...so wasn't going to use many dishes. (get water out of bathroom) DH has the 2 rooms, hall, & bath insulated, so we're snug & warm til summer. We'll just hibernate for the winter! By the time the house is finished, I'll be too lazy to clean it!

Willow...please let us know how you're doing.

SunnyD...cute mice!
Closed Thread