Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #31  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Faye - Let's go Redman, Let's go! LOL
Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 AM   #32  

Good Morning,

I'm sorry about the game Faye. I know how badly you wanted them to win. I was rooting for them for you.

I get points for exercise and staying O/P yesterday.

Have a great day, enjoy it while we still can,
Lisa
Old 10-16-2003, 08:39 AM   #33  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Beautifuls.... i get all 4 for yesterday. Everyone have a fabulous day. I will check back in later dears... take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-16-2003, 09:34 AM   #34  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday. Make some time just for you today!

SandyB: YOU GET A: for points.

As far as the game goes, they played lousy both Tue and Wed and didn't deserve to win. I congratulate the Marlins on being a fine team and getting to go.

I will peek back in later.

Faye
Old 10-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #35  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Man...that game was just really sad to watch. I am starting to think that there is something to that Cubs curse Faye. They just did not seem to be on their game.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:02 PM   #36  
2006 - Panda Remix

I got 4 points yesterday - went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks. It felt good!. I thought I'd really struggle with it, but it wasn't too bad - although my legs are aching a little today!

Hope you are feeling better Faye!

It feels good to be back on programme and back in CONTROL!! I've planned a strategy for next months PMS to avoid a repeat of this month. It is unrealistic for me to say 'I won't go off programme at all', as that's why I end up ordering pizza's. So during next month's PMS I will allow myself a couple of low fat pizza's, a block of low fat cheese and a chocolate bar - it sounds alot but it is nothing compared to what I ate this month! I think it's a good compromise as it will help my cravings, but I'll remain in control which is really important.

Back tomorrow!

Love Amanda xx
Old 10-16-2003, 04:29 PM   #37  
It is what it is...

Yeah Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too have done well staying OP!!!!
I had another OP day yesterday.....maybe we are getting back in the groove huh??

Quick Hi to everyone!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:14 PM   #38  

Hellowwwww ladies!
So, remember that lovely "blustery day" that I was all romantic about yesterday morning? Well, it turned into 36 hours with NO POWER!!!!! No water, no toilets flushing, frozen food defrosting and rotting at an alarming rate........

So that's why I haven't been around....too busy hunting flashlight batteries and cooking dinner on the wood stove to post even IF my computer worked.

So, in all the stress of those couple of days....well let's just say that I lost track of points. I ate too much anyway, cuz I couldn't just let the last two or three skinny cows melt now could I??

I didn't do any exercise yesterday, but I did rake leaves for a while today and I did get my water both days. I'm so mad, cuz I was all set to have a great week. Oh well, tomorrow is another day! I'm pmsing on top of all this too.....

So, Faye.....CONGRATS on your loss! And if you could add two names to your list. My aunt, Paula Mayer, died of her cancer about 8 years ago. And my grandmother, Ruth Neuhardt, died from hers a good many years ago. Ruth had a mastectomy back in the 1950's!!! I once accidentally walked in on her dressing and she had the most enormous gaping cavernous hole in her chest! I couldn't believe how awful it looked. Though I'm sure she was lucky to survive the cancer at all. I guess she lived an extra 30 or 40 years after the mastectomy.........it's absolutely astounding how far technology and research have come since then. THAT's partly what you're walking for....so, THANKS....coming from a family like mine, it may be MY life you're saving.

SandyB--the pumpkin cookie recipe is at http://www.allhomemadecookies.com/re...ealcookies.htm

I always make a double batch, because EVERYONE wants some and they disappear fast. Also, the recipe calls for making drop cookies, but I just spread the batter into a square pan and cut them into bar cookies. Also, I don't use as much oatmeal as they call for because I like mine moist. These are soooo yummy and they have so much nutrition that they really stick to your ribs! Great for any outdoor trip.....biking, hiking, skiing.....whenever you need a quick fix of complex carbs.

Well, the kids need to be tucked in. I'll be back tomorrow am.

Nighty night.
Julie
Old 10-16-2003, 08:14 PM   #39  

Angry

Good Evening Ladies....I got 2 points for yesterday...one for water and one for staying op...I run around so much yesterday,trying to get everything ready for this Saturday,we are having to decorate the float,getting all the candy together and then grocery shopping,pay a couple bills,pick up some things for my daughter...put all the groceries away,throw 2 loads of wash in,vaccum the house and then I did a major scrub on my bathroom...then the kids got home and it was time to cook supper,after I got it done,it was time to send the hubby off to work ..get the kids in gear for baths and settle down for a few minutes and guess what ,it was like five minutes before eight...gee...what a day...even though I didnt actually do straight exercise..I felt like I had today has been a beautiful day..it's like 70 outside,so the kids and I got out and played ball this afternoon,they got out early today for teachers conferences...Hubby has to work 12 straight nights,so it's basically just me and the kids...he is making major overtime,which he said will be good for Christmas...guess what girls...tommorow night i get to go skating with the kids....OMGOODNESS..IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE SKATED...THIS IS GOING TO A RIOT...LOL FAYE, I do not know anyone personally that has had breast cancer,but I certainly think what you are doing is such a great thing...so many women are affected by this...I do have a friend that had a scare,it turned out to be a cyst...but I will certainly pray for all the ladies that have to face this...we certainly never know....well ,ladies I must go and get the little chicks off to dreamland...all of have a great night ...talk to ya in the morning...love and hugs to all...Joy
Old 10-16-2003, 10:11 PM   #40  
I Can and I Will

Thanks You Julie... I am making them tomorrow!! LOL Night all cya in the morning...

Sandy
Old 10-16-2003, 11:47 PM   #41  

Hello Chicklets.

pts for yesterday: all 4!! yipppppeeeeeeee! and weighed in today, need a little "pick me up", so here is my wi for tomorrow's stats, I lost 5.3 lbs bringing total to 45.7 now. Was my goal for 50 by 10/31 so if everything goes well till then, (and I feel certain it will), I will reach that goal. It feels so good to say, not just to see the #'s but to re-affirm to myself that I can do it!, and that I do have discipline and I do have what it takes to get to the next goal. I wore new clothes today, but still the same size, I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY, (STILL) BELIEVING THAT I COULD ACTUALLY WEAR (COMFORTABLY) THE NEXT SMALLER SIZE, SO USE TO GOING TO STORES AND HAVING TO JUST GET THE LARGEST SIZE THEY HAD YOU KNOW. So, I am most grateul. I know it could not have done it without the love and support that all of you continually offer.

Hello Joy, my friend! I miss our e-mails!! Even though we catch up here, I miss them. It was always such a pleasant surprise to find one from you. Take care, and and ((hugs))

Lisa!! You poor thing!!! How dreadful for you. I know you are glad that ordeal is over

HELLO RIGHT BACK AT YA SATINE

Amanda, good for you, you stay

Sandybrat, Lisa and Missy...you gals are hanging in!! I am so proud of all of us. There is nothing we cant do together. Check in with you tomorrow chickies
Old 10-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #42  

Hello Ladies
Sorry I haven't popped in for about 3 days I believe. Just that I been running around like a chicken with its head cut off

I was off on Monday and Tuesday. These two days I spent catching up on sleep and then a lot of walking and window shopping with Andy on Tuesday. Oh and guess what he got me??? Well, he paid for my nose piercing . I only have my earlobes pierced, but had wanted a nose piercing for a while. The very tiny stud so that's what I have now. It looks pretty cool and still sutle enough for the corporate office environment . I think Andy was more scared than I was, see he got a glimpse of the, according to him, "huge needle". I just closed my eyes. The pain wasn't bad at all and the girl who did it said I didn't bleed as much as most people do so I guess that was a good thing. Okay enuff of the piercing story. I also spotted a very nice cordurouy jacket at old navy, which I plan to get next week.

I went back to work on Wed. and boy oh boy the race begun. Catched up with work and we just closed a deal with a new client so that's why I haven't been able to get on here. My boss was so happy with us that he is taking us out to lunch next wed. I have to plan it out-it's mexican food .

I stayed on program all the days, gotten the water in all three days, but exercise only on one of the three days. I have skimmed through your posts, but wow I never realized how much we cover in such little time, so I will just jump in now.

Faye- it is great what your doing with the cancer issue. I personally don't know anyone, but congrats on your participation in the walk.

Sandy- I totally can relate to the moment you described in one of your posts, regarding your brother. Sometimes I'll just start laughing to think of what my brother would do or say in certain situations...sometimes its almost like he is with me in the room- a very warm tender feeling.

Amanda- good for you on planning ahead for the next pms episode.

Julie- sorry about your power loss.

Just one more note about the target Tues.- It is good to know we can come to each other, share, support, and relate. We are like a family here. Thanks girls. Oh and I don't know if I can still post mine up. Its okay if its too late.

Well girls take care. Oh also, I figured I share with you that yesterday I was worried Andy had fallen into the drink again, but to my big surprise he went to a bar/ grill to have a burger, fries, and a COKE . I was shocked yet proud he is doing pretty good lately and staying on top of everything. Okie dokie that's it see you tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:12 AM   #43  

Pam:Way to go girl. Sooo proud of you!!
I have started fitting into a lot of my clothing again. I am starting to get the "hmmm looking real good" looks from Andy . It might just be another reason he is starting to really shape up.

Nonetheless, yesterday I stepped on the scale and it said 166!!! I almost fell back, but I really think its TOM. Do you think its that. I just don't believe I have gained any weight...been staying o/p and all. My coworker told me his wife doesn't even weigh herself during that week, so I think I will ignore this week. What do you girls think?
Old 10-17-2003, 06:32 AM   #44  

POINTS POINTS POINTS WRAPUP!

julie
joy
dorothy
carri
pam
amanda

Pam: You are doing sp spectacular! We are all very proud of you!

Dorothy: Way to go girl!

Faye
Old 10-17-2003, 06:33 AM   #45  

FRIDAY: Fabulous lbs down Friday Go get em girls!

I will check back later

Faye
Closed Thread