3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   stay at home moms #89 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/32658-stay-home-moms-89-a.html)

ECmom 10-03-2003 02:33 PM

Hi!
Sort of a strange time of day for me to get on, but one of the schools had a half day, so I am off for another 45 minutes. Thought I would stop in and say hi.

Spryng- gee, this training period for Dh has really gone fast.......how long before he gets his own truck?? BTW- how did you like the chicken and cheese recipe?? I hear ya with shopping with kids, it is stressful and so much more sane w/o them. As far as avoiding Mickey D's- great job! There are times when you will have to do just that.....and whatever works to get you thru a situation without going off plan is good. We all have days like that.

Karen- what a bummer about your van. We are in the same boat, and it seems as though every week there is another major bill from the mechanic. Hope it was nothing too costly this time! Hope you got some treadmill time in to burn off the stress and the salt.

Jen- I hope you picked up and your headache is gone!! thanks for the recipe- I think I will give it a try.......and only 5 points!!!!:) Thanks too for the offer on the tapes- I will try to search the web- and see what comes up there.....there is an excercise tape catalog that I used to buy from that had almost everyone's tapes- I'll try them first. You are a sweetie for offering to get them for me.!!

Dm's surgery went well and today she is doing fine. She seems to think there is an improvement already in her arm.
Gotta go.........tell ya about it later!!!
Ginny

spryng 10-03-2003 02:47 PM

Hi Ginny! Glad to hear about your dm. Sounds like her recovery is going well. Yes the training for Dh did go by fast. It's been almost 4 weeks, but it has flown by. He should get his own truck on monday!! I'm so excited. Then he starts getting paid by the mile instead of the day. I am really looking forward to that. I did like the chicken and cheese casserole. It was a little runny the night I made it, but last night I warmed it up as leftovers and it was just right! I'll definitely be making it again. I'm also going to be trying Jen's meatloaf recipe this week, only I'm making it with ground turkey because my store doesn't carry ground chicken. But I'm assuming it will come out the same. Yes, I've been trying so very hard to not go off plan once so I knew it would be better for me to not stop at mcdonalds at all. because of having the flexpoints I don't feel it's right to ever cheat on this... so I refuse to as long as possible... which so far hasn't been too difficult. How are you adjusting to flexpoints? I keep reading that those who were on winning points for so long have a hard time with flexpoints and some gain for the first few weeks before their bodies figure out what is going on. My body is fine with it so far. I hope it stays like this.
Well, I'm off to scour the net for recipes and such. TTYL!

LeanneM83 10-03-2003 03:45 PM

Hi Ladies....

Well, I weighed in at 183 today....I am quite happy, although I think I jumped the gum a bit and started trying some of my clothes on...I was less than successful, since most are for when I am 145 pounds......but, it is alright if anything it motivates me more, because I cannot wait to get into them....
Karen, I was reading a post you wrote awhile ago about wanting to eventually run, and I just wanted to say that I was NEVER a runner.....when i was 18 my mom bought a treadmill and I struggled through walking at first, once the walking got easier, I thought I would TRY running.my first time I ran for 1 whole minute....but, I knew I could do more...each day/every other day I increased by 1 minute, and let me tell you it was HARD but eventually.(about a month) I could run for 15-20 minutes, which was a great workout....SO, what I am saying is that if I can do it, I know ANYONE can....:strong: SO think you should give it a go when you are ready....:cb:
Anyways, I am glad to hear everyone is doing well....and if you ever need motivation as to why we put ourselves through this, look at your kids (if you have some) and that should help.

Leanne
Current weight 183
Goal Weight 150
GOal Date December 1st, 2003

"you may think it is not possible........but it is!"

gemini 10-03-2003 04:03 PM

Good afternoon, ladies. :)

Karen, so sorry about your van troubles. I hate auto repairs!!!! I had a blow-out on the highway on the way home from work this morning....... total bummer!!!!! Thank goodness for a cell phone and AAA. But, of course, I did not get home before the kids were off to school, and it was picture day, to boot! DH assures me they looked fine. We will have to bring the car in tomorrow to have the tire repaired, and will have the front breaks done, as long as it's in.

Spryng, how cool that your dh will be home again this weekend! And I can't believe his training is almost done..... what a relief it must be for you. I think the ground turkey will be just fine in the meatloaf recipe. :) And I agree with you about not needing to cheat on WW. Last night at work, I had a handful of M&M's and a half of a donut.... I counted them in with my points today. I had a late, decent-sized lunch around 2:30pm (I had not eaten since 5am), so now I only have 3 points left for the day. But I will not need much of a dinner..... a couple of egg whites on toast will do me fine. :) Plus, I have not used any flex points, and I have 10 activity points banked for the week so far. So, I may just use a few extra points on a little treat tonight. I saw on the WW website that I can make a chocolate Coke float with 1/2 can of diet vanilla coke, 1 tsp lite chocolate syrup, and 1/2 cup fat free vanilla frozen yogurt for 3 points........ that sounds sooooooooo good to me right now! :)

Ginny, so glad dm's surgery went well. Glad you were able to stop in and check in with us. And truly, if you can't find the tapes and decide you want them, it is no trouble for me to pick them up for you. :)

K gals, I'm off. The kids are home from school, and the little guy is being an instigator. He has gotten used to having Mommy all to himself while his older siblings are off at school all day........... bye! :)

gemini 10-03-2003 04:07 PM

Leeann, you snuck in on me! Congrats on your WI..... you will be in those clothes before long!!!!:D

mel17 10-03-2003 04:11 PM

Hello there!

Well, It's been a trying time here, but I think things are getting better. Myra seems to be doing fine, so much so that her DR. went ahead and sent her for her first round of shots yesterday. So... now she's running fever again, but it's still low (99.8*) so I think we'll be fine. She's even starting to sleep for longer stretches at night, so I'm actually getting a little sleep. As for me, I'm still staying OP and starting to adjust to the changes! And Spryng, as for adjusting to the Flex plan, it was a little rough the first week but I think I've got it now! You really seem to be doing well on this plan too, I'm happy for you! And how exciting that your Dh is already going to be getting his own truck already.

Ginny, I'm glad that your Dm is doing well! And as for you getting on at a strange time of day, hey, we're happy to see you anytime!

Leanne, you're right about trying clothes for an incentive. I look so... forward to getting back to my pre-pregnancy clothes!

Well I better go, just put Myra down for a nap and I need to do some cleaning, my Ds is coming up from La. tonight! Have a great Friday and weekend!

spryng 10-03-2003 04:56 PM

Good afternoon all!
Leanne, congrats on the WI! I'm happy that you sound so motivated! And yes, children are a huge incentive to lose weight... I heard someone say once: would you die for you kids? Yes wouldn't hesitate... then why don't you live for them too? So I want to be get very healthy and live for them as long as I can :)
Jen, sounds like you have this plan down too. But I did want to mention something. You do know that you can't bank activity points right? With winning points you could, but with flex points you have to use them the day you earn them or they are gone. But the nice thing is you can use as many as you earn, with winning points you could only eat 4 AP a day. But I was reading your post and saw you mentioned banking AP's and just wanted to bring it up... forgive me if I'm preaching to a choir! lol.
Mel, glad to hear Myra is feeling better. Tanner just got his shots last monday and he didn't run a fever but he was cranky the rest of the day. And it's great you're getting a little more sleep at night now! It really makes all the difference. Even if it's just one extra hour of sleep.
Misty??? How are you? I know you are getting close to your due date. I hope everything is going ok. Post when you can to let us know, ok?
Well, I guess I'm going to get some dishes done before the kids get up from their naps. TTYL!

gemini 10-03-2003 05:53 PM

Spryng, thank you for telling me about the activity points! My online points tracker keeps a running weekly tally...... the way they have it set up, it says weekly points earned, then just below it, it has your remaining flex points. So, they make it look like your activity points are good for the week, know what I mean. But I looked it up and you're right, they are only good for the day they are earned. I'm glad I know that before I went counting on all those extra points! :lol: Actually, I am trying not to use the activity points at all, But, I am going to use the 2 I earned today, plus 1 flex point for that Coke float tonight. :)

Mel, I am glad Myra is feeling and sleeping better. I'm sorry she's a little feverish after her shots, but I'm sure she'll be fine. Sounds like you are doing well with the flex points. :)

Well, gotta finish getting dinner ready. The kids are having chicken and mac and cheese, and dh will have chicken and a wonderful taboule salad I made. The taboule only has 1.5 points per serving, so I will have a double-serving of that for dinner instead of the egg whites and toast. :)

Have a great weekend all!!! :)

spryng 10-03-2003 10:51 PM

Good evening all!
Jen, I'm glad you know about those Ap's now. I would hate for you to save them and use them along with your FP and gain or something... but you are like me. I don't use mine either... but I will if I want a treat and that coke float sounds great. :) Let us know how is came out!
Well I got bad news... Dh won't be coming home sunday afterall. He has to do some written tests on sunday so he's stuck at the yard. But I may go up and see him. I asked MIL if she would watch the kids for me and she said she would but I could tell by the tone of her voice that she didn't want to. So we'll see. I really don't want to drag them up there with me, I really need a break... but I'll just have to play it by ear.
Tonight went well though. I made those bean and beef enchiladas and they were great and worth every point. (5pts for 2) Now I'm trying to get all my water down so that my system will flush any salt it has stored before tomorrow's WI. I have a feeling i didn't lose anything... in fact I may be retaining water because my jeans were feeling kinda tight tonight. But I won't know until tomorrow morning. Please send good WI vibes my way!! lol
Well I'm tired so I'm off here for tonight. TTYL!

spryng 10-04-2003 09:16 AM

Good morning all.
Well, my WI went as expected, it said I gained 2 lbs! So I went over my calendar and sure enough TOM is quickly approaching. Ugh. So I thought I felt bloated yesterday. I knew it couldn't be a regular gain because I have stuck to this plan like glue and exercised 5 days this week. Hopefully this gain is gone by next WI. TTYL

LeanneM83 10-04-2003 09:40 AM

I know the feeling

Spryng, I know how frustrating TOM is...my weight has stayed the same for the past few days despite all the exercise I have been doing, :strong: but I have been feeling bloatey AND I have been quite the:tape: meanie today...
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one though...
Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Leanne

P.s Question, my bday is coming up on thursday, SHOULD I HAVE A SLICE OF CAKE??????....but remember I weigh myself everyday, I am obsessed with working out and will feel extremely GUILTY if I do.........

spryng 10-04-2003 11:30 AM

Leanne, it is nice to know I'm not all alone with TOM. And about your b-day question... I believe you should always have a slice of b-day cake especially when it is your own... but I think you answered your own question, if you feel guilty about it and will obsess over it then don't do it!! But maybe you can have a tiny slice, get your exercise in and NOT weight for at least 2 days and then you won't have to worry about seeing the scale go up because of water retention or anything. But if you can't do that then just avoid the cake if possible. But it's really up to you, it's your b-day afterall. BTW, may I ask how old you will be?
Well I am feeling a little better about my WI now... I've had a few hours to process it. I just hate seeing those numbers go up no matter what but especially if I've been really good for the week. O-well... at least next week should be better. Oh and I just got a call from DH and it looks like he may get his testing done today and get to come home after all!!! But I won't know until late this afternoon. So please send me good vibes and hopefully I'll get good news. I really really need to see him this weekend or I'm going to go crazy. I'm missing him really bad lately... but again could be the PMS.
OK, TTYL!

LeanneM83 10-04-2003 12:33 PM

Spryng,

you are right..I SHOULD have a piece of cake, and not a big one, but tiny is just as good.the best part is I wont be at home for my bday so I will be far away from any scale, so it wont matter...
I will be 25 on thursday....wow, am I ever getting old.*L*

need2losemore 10-04-2003 07:08 PM

Hi everyone.
Just letting you know, starting a new thread