3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   stay at home moms #89 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/32658-stay-home-moms-89-a.html)

jelynn 10-01-2003 07:02 PM

Tanner must be growing today Spryng!! Ian is usually the best napper! 2 hr in the morning 3 in the afternoon and a short one after dinner. Today he only had 2 1 hr. I didn't get as much done that's for sure! I think he's working on his first tooth.

I made the cake and let my 5 yo try it- of course he loved it. Seems like the same texture, maybe just a bit stickier. Jen, I think the diet vanilla coke would be yummy! I just drank a 20 oz bottle- didn't even think about that for the cake! We are having porkchops and acorn sqaush and a big salad for me. We are going away for the weekend and I know some eating out will be involved...making good choices until then!!

Well, DH should be home soon I hope- had to work late. Have a good night! :wave:

jelynn 10-01-2003 07:04 PM

Melissa!! :cp: Great Job!!!

KarenW 10-01-2003 07:06 PM

WOO HOO MEL! Great job !!! :)

I hope Myra feel sbetter soon!!

gemini 10-01-2003 07:48 PM

Mel, good for you!!!! :D

Emily, thanks for reporting in on the cake...... I think I'll make it this Sunday! I bet a bit of warm chocolate syrup (1 point) over it would be delish!!!! :)

Spryng, I made chicken meatloaf (5 pts) and mashed potatos (3pts) and steamed broccoli (no points)....... it was delish!!!! I have 2 points saved for a Smart Ones sundae cup, after I get the kids in bed. :D

Gotta get kid #2 out of the tub, and kid #3 in.... g'nite gang....... :)

jelynn 10-01-2003 09:06 PM

Ginny!!! No need to apologize and brag all you want! :bravo: You have definitely earned bragging rights and have worked hard on your loss! Great job on the 12's soon to be 10's!! Whoo-hoo! :cp:

Jen- what was in your meatloaf?? Was it just ground chicken?

DH is out bike riding with the boys and I'm "cleaning" :smug:- GOIng for a walk when they get back.

c/y'all tomorrow!

spryng 10-02-2003 08:52 AM

Congrats on your first WI Mel! That is so great!! You are now back on the road to health again. Feel nice huh?
Sorry I didn't get back on last night either. My internet company was having problems and I couldn't use the internet until they were done fixing it. Well it turned out to be a good thing because I ended up going to bed early which I needed. :)
But I wanted to let you all know how that cake came out! It was very very good. Very moist... almost too moist but not. I enjoyed every bite.
Well today I have nothing planned but cleaning the house. I'm just going to stay home today and get a few things done here. Dh might be coming home on sunday for the day so I need to get this house in shape. (not that it is really out of shape)
ok, I'm off here. TTYL!

gemini 10-02-2003 09:48 AM

Ginny, I got the WATP with Abs at BJ's. If you can't find them, I would be happy to pick them up for you and send them.... just let me know. You can email me at [email protected] if you want pricing info, etc. Hope your dm's surgery goes ok today. And congrats on those jeans! But, I think you should return them and get the size 10's!!!!! :D

Emily, yes, I used ground chicken for the meatloaf. I will post the recipe below. My kids LOVE my regular meatloaf, so I was afraid how they would react to this, but they loved this, too! DD ate it all, even though she wasn't feeling well, and ds asked for seconds. :)

Spryng, good luck with your housework..... it feels like it's never-ending, huh? I must do the same today, after some morning errands.

So, I have to report on something I'm very happy about. DH told me last night that he is very serious about wanting to lose weight! I have been so worried about him. He is 5'10" and is up to 260lbs. He is a big build (ex-football player/wrestler) so he looks fine around 220-230lbs. It is not his weight that I am so worried about, but his lack of activity. He is so sedentary, just walking up the stairs has him huffing and puffing. I know his cholesterol was up a bit at his physical last year (about 215), so I worry that he is just a ticking timebomb, and he is approaching 40, as well. Well, he is really noticing my results, and I was talking to him about the WW points and stuff. I told him I would look up what his daily points target would be, and we could figure out some healthy meals for him. Lunchtime is his hardest time, as he tends to frequent the sub shop next to where he works. He really does not eat much of a breakfast, and his dinners are good because he eats what I eat, because I refuse to cook 5 different meals! :D So, if I can get him eating better at lunchtime and get him to cut out all the sugar/cream in his coffee and the soda he drinks all day, I know he will drop some pounds. He needs to get active, too, but that will be tougher for him. I wish he would get up a bit early in the morn and take one of the dogs for a walk, but that is a fate worse than death, to him. Oh well, we will start with the diet, I guess.

OK, I gotta run. I have a semi-sick dd home from school today. She has had a headache for a couple of days, and a cough, and was up at 2am with a fever. But she is not horribly ill, and I think will be fine to run to the bank/store today. She wanted to go to school, but I wanted her to just take the day and relax. So, I am off...... have a great day, gang! :)

gemini 10-02-2003 09:57 AM

Chicken Meatloaf (serves 6; 5 points/serving)

Ingredients:

1lb ground chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup egg substitute (i.e. Egg Beaters)
1/4 cup ketchup, divided in two parts

Directions:

Mix all ingredients, except half ketchup, and form into the shape of a loaf. Bake in loaf pan, sprayed with cooking spray and covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil and increase oven temp to 400. Spread remaining ketchup on top of loaf and cook 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I sliced this into six 1.5 inch slices..... they were very good sized portions! We even had one slice leftover for a sandwich today. :)

spryng 10-02-2003 10:33 AM

Jen, that meatloaf sounds great! Do you know the pts per serving for it? I'm definitely going to try it soon. I do my big grocery shopping tomorrow and I will get the ingrediants. And that is so great about your DH wanting to do something about his weight. I wish mine did. He's 5'11" and is 290 lbs, quickly approaching 300. I'm worried for him because he is driving a truck all day and eating and I am afraid that his weight will balloon up now. He's done atkins with me before and quit after 5 days (he lost 10 lbs in those 5 days!!) he just loves his food and won't give anything up or make changes. But he has noticed my loss and such and thinks WW is a great program. Who knows... maybe he'll join me too someday. :)
Well today is a leftover day for me. I have leftover turkey roast with poatoes and gravy, leftover chicken spaghetti, and lots of veggies to get out of my fridge before I go shopping tomorrow. So that is what I will be eating today, leftovers. What does everyone else have planned? I also didn't get my workout in last night because my neck really started bothering me after the kids went to bed. It feels better today... I think I might have pulled a muscle in it when I did my abs workout. So tonight I definitely have to get a workout in. WI is fast approaching and I want to know I did my best this week.
Oh, Ginny did you post your WI yesterday? (braindead here) I can't remember. What was the meeting about?
OK, well I am off here. I'll pop back in later though!

gemini 10-02-2003 04:08 PM

Spryng, as I posted with the recipe ;) the chicken meatloaf is 5 points/serving. Really, it is a large serving. I had a leftover slice on light bread for a 6 point lunch today. :) Sounds like you have some good plans for dinner. We are not having anything elaborate tonight, as I have to work. The kids will just have hot dogs. And I have some chicken sausage thawing for dh and I. I have 13 points to play with between now and midnight. :)

Well, off to do some ironing. Tomorrow is school picture day, and since I'm working tonight, I have to have everything laid out and ready for the kids in the morning. I don't usually get home until about 20 minutes before the bus comes. I really need to lie down for a nap as soon as dh gets home tonight...... I have a bit of a headache and am feeling pretty sluggish.

G'nite everyone............

spryng 10-02-2003 04:37 PM

I'm sorry Jen! I didn't see that you posted the pts. I guess I'm feeling slugish today too. I still haven't got anything done around here yet. Just got up from my nap. :) I hope your headache goes away and you feel more like yourself. TTYL!

gemini 10-02-2003 09:43 PM

Spryng, you know I was teasing you, right? ;) Hope you're feeling better. I'm off to work....... :)

spryng 10-02-2003 11:56 PM

Good evening all!
Jen, did our headache get better?
Where is everyone tonight? Kinda quiet around here. My day went well. It got better as it went on. I stayed right on target and even earned two activity points by completing my ENTIRE body sculpt workout. 45 minutes of hard work! But I feel so good about it. That was the first time I've done the whole thing together.
Well I'm cooled down now after my shower and need to get in bed. We are suppose to have bad thunderstorms tonight after 1 am and i have a feeling I'll have two extra bodies in my bed when it hits :) so I need to get what sleep I can right now. Talk to you all tomorrow!! G'nite!

KarenW 10-03-2003 01:51 PM

Hi All!

I am having a stressful day. My van is in the shop having the transmission looked at. Sigh. It is a 1997 Caravan with about 100,000 miles on it. I was hoping to get another 2 years or so out of it so that we could get my Hubby's car paid off. I just dont want 2 car payments right now! So they are checking it out and will let me know what they see. If it needs to be repaired, we may have to get another car.... sigh

So.. I am eating some Pork Rinds. Which are totally OP.. but help with the stress cause they are salty! LOL!

I guess I should getup on the treadmill while I am waiting for the call...

hope all are doing well! :)

spryng 10-03-2003 02:21 PM

Another quiet day here. Hmmm...

Karen, sorry to hear about your van. A friend of mine has a caravan and they've repaired the transmission 4 times now! Apparently it's a common problem in caravans. They eventually had to sell it because it was costing too much to keep up. Hopefully though yours will be fine or just something minor wrong with it. But sounds like you are dealing with the stress of it really well.

My day is going just fine. I got up early and did some errands and my big grocery shopping. Ds was horrible at the grocery store. I really am thinking about putting them in a daycare or something on fridays so I don't have to worry about them while I get things done. It just stresses me out. I really wanted to stop at mcdonalds and get something to eat, but everything I know that was low points wasn't appealing to me as much as a big mac and huge fries so I just didn't go at all. I didn't think I could resist. And tomorrow is WI so I'm trying to be extra good today. SO I came home and had a lean pocket with some low point chips. It hit the spot. Tonight I plan on making beef and bean enchiladas. They are only 5 pts for 2, so that sounds great to me.
So other than that everything is normal around here. Looks like I'll definitely being seeing DH saturday night, so I'm excited about that. I'll pick him up saturday and he'll stay one night and then has to get back by sunday night. But one night is better than none. Then he gets his own truck and all the training is over with.
Well, I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm hoping that it's so quiet here today because everyone is having a good time somewhere else and staying OP! :) TTYL!