Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #16  

Hello all you Chickies,

Hello Sandy!! Hope to get to chat soon!!! you have a great day....

Barb: A 45 LB LOSS!! THAT IS SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!!! YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD!!! I KNOW YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL! I ADMIRE YOUR TENACITY AND YOUR STAMINA, YOU ARE ONE EXERCISING

Katrina, enjoy your bike ride

Jen, YOU ARE MY HERO!! HEROINE I SHOULD SAY!! ONDERLAND, THAT IS AWESOME, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

Tracy, right back at ya girl with the

Natalie, a picnic sounds like fun, need chaperones? We could all come!

Tina, thin, and all the rest of you chicks, here's to you hope you have a wonderful day.

sw 356/June 6
cw 318 loss of 38 lbs
next goal:50 lbs by 10/31
next goal: 75 lbs by 1/04
next goal: 100 lbs gone forever!!! by 6/04
final goal: 130ish see you all at the top of that mountain
Old 09-26-2003, 03:34 PM   #17  

Default I DID NOT FALL OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

Helloe my chickie friends; I have missed you all so much. I hate not being able to get in here more but management said no more internet surfing at work, so I'm left with the library computer. I wanted to get in here once or twice a week, but my stepmother is in the hospital and I am helping my sister with my dad. I really think these people need to be in assisted living but it's not my call. They are both in their 80s; daddy's on home oxygen and stepmom keeps canning and trimming bushes in her yard even though her body is telling her to STOP!!!

I am feeling lots better; however, I have been indulging during my recuperation

I am so behind on the old threads hopefully I will can backtrack and catch up.

I did see that Barb has recently had a 45 POUND WEIGHT LOSS; way to go girl!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday. Here's to the weekend
Old 09-26-2003, 03:54 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals,
Traffic is pretty slow around here. I hope you are all out having a wonderful time! Since I am technically working until 5:00 I am stuck right next to the computer so can't resist popping in here frequently. In another hour I am outta here - I plan on going to the mall and Ulta and then tanning before returning home to spent some quality time with Jeff.

Kat - Sounds like a yummy breakfast. I'm with you on the volume thing!!! I had an egg and lite wheat bread for breakfast, Lean cusine for lunch and just had my crackers/spreadable cheese snack. I need to get to the store and pick up some fruit. None in the house right now. I hope you had a great bike ride. The weather is still very nice here.

Sandy - Hi girl! We watched ER as well last night. It was pretty good and next week should be good as well. I am just not convinced that the cast can keep the show going much longer. I don't really like many of the newer folks. We'll see.

Pam - Thank you for your encouraging words!!! They mean so much to me.

Connie - I am so happy to see you popping in!! I wish we could see you more often but it sounds like you have a lot to juggle. Especially since work won't allow you to use the Internet anymore! Thanks for you positive comments. I'm glad you are feeling better --- I know you know this, but I am going to say it anyway ---- Indulging is not going to help you recover any faster. You can do this!!!

Who else is going to pop in today and give us an update. C'mon girls, whatcha up to????
Barb
Old 09-26-2003, 08:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

Hello Friends
Today was such a heartwrencher, as it was our young friend Johnny Padilla's funeral. Of the people there, 2/3 were all his friends. The remaining were family and coworkers.
Johnny's father gave the eulogy, which just made me cry, I had never really heard his dad talk about themselves. And being a police officer I am sure he has seen other tragedies. But when this accident happened last week he was out of town (He works about 100miles away) and he told of how he felt so bad that he was not here for his son this time.(Johnny was almost a SIDS baby) That at one time he asked GOD to save his infant son.
He also told the young people to continue to love their parents and respect them, give them hugs as often as they can. And for the parents to continue to do the same, no matter how old their children are.
What is so tragic to me is that Mr Padilla and his wife saw their son while he was still under the car. This is something that will hurt forever. I've also had family die due to auto related accidents and it still hurts. My own mom, and my sister-inlaw in February of 1999, my Brother-inlaw in 2002, and my nephew this year.
I don't mean to upset you all, but I am feeling so sad and needed someone who would listen. Thank you friends, I am so glad that GOD brought me here to you all.

Last edited by joe anne; 09-26-2003 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:22 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Joanne. How sad that must have been, and yet comforting to know that he had been loved by so many. {{{HUGS}}}

Well........I just sent the boys packing! They're off to camp for the weekend with the scouts. Gee...I'm really gonna miss them.......poor me, home all alone, nobody to pick up after, cook, clean, or launder for.... hee hee Just me and old Molly (the dog) hangin' out. I think we can handle it. She may even get a walk out of the deal, who knows?

Breakfast this morning is a peach, chopped up, half a cup of cottage cheese and coffee. 4 points and surprisingly good. Going to WW on Sunday AM is the smartest thing I've done...(well not ever but you know what I mean) It totally prevents me from that wacky "weekend eating" that can really undo a week's worth of dieting! So I'm doing the small, low carb meals thing today with LOTS of water. My expectations for a loss are very low...TOM is imminent..I swear, the PMS is lasting longer and longer lately...it's been a week now...GRRRRRR I've already harboiled some eggs for lunch...(egg salad over salad greens, 4 points) Dinner...hmmm, not sure yet but I know there will be mashed potatoes involved...I'm having a craving...I think perhaps a George Formaned chicken breast, some fresh green beans, steamed, and some garlicky, cheesey mashed potatoes... Maybe I should have the potatoes TOMORROW, after weigh in!

Maybe I should stop talking about food.

I plan to get some major de-cluttering done today. I may also shampoo the living room carpet...FUN, FUN, FUN...

Well, it is...if I'm not distracted or have to be anywhere at a certain time. I'm wide open! The world is my oyster.

and cleaning is the best that I could come up with??? tsk tsk....

Well, really what else am I gonna do? I don't want to go shopping til I've dropped some significant tonnage. I've already had my hair done...thank God, finally! I may treat myself to a pedicure tomorrow...what else can I do????
HELP! I HAVE NO LIFE...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH FREE TIME!!!

No, really...I'm looking forward to this. I'm going to crank up the music and beautify my home by putting IT on a diet.

I'd better get moving...too much time on my hands and I start to ramble...

Boy this was a real me, me, me, I, I, I post! I'll be back to do replies later....

have a great, productive....or non-productive day, if that's what you want!
Whatever you do, Don't forget to LAUGH!!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-27-2003 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:18 AM   #21  

Good morning chickee~poohs:

Joanne: I am so sorry for your loss and am sending you a cyber {{hug}}.

Here it is Saturday morning and there is only me in the house? Wow? And what am I doing? Just like Kat, house stuff. My dh and son are off fishing and my dd spent the night with nana, so this morning I was still up bright and early, I think my body has just gotten up early for so many years I can't sleep past 7:00 a.m.

I am still OP, and still going strong. I really don't mind doing the WW points, I actually love it, and find it so easy to follow, because you can eat whatever it is you want, just a matter of if you want to spend your points that way or not? I found those WW fudge bars.....OMG they are so good and for 1 pt....

I also made the eggrolls from that website that Kat posted before. They are yummy too. And easy....thats me EASY. And they are only 1 point, so I snack on them whenever I want, I just bagged em up put em in the fridge and yummy they are all set for me.

Where is everyone anyway? Come out and play...or at least say hello. Us addicts need it....lol.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 09-27-2003, 10:23 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Don't forget chat tonight: 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST

Morning, ladies! This is going to be really quick yeah, like that ever happens!

Went to Canada yesterday with #1 son. Well, on the way back, we got a Customs Agent that was just a little less than pleasant. He asked for our identification and we handed him driver's licenses. And he said, "now I need proof of citizenship." I looked at him and asked like what? So he says passport, birth certificate.... I'm thinking to myself, ok, I'm stupid. I should know better. But we didn't bring them with us. He looks at my son and says, "where were you born?" He says, "Royal Oak". The guy says "prove it". Then he looks at me and says, "where were you born?" I said, "Deacones Hospital in Detroit." He says, "prove it." Well, long story short I know, too late! He goes on to say that he is in his full right to pull us over and send us back to Canada until someone can come down and prove our citizenship. I told him I fully understand. He said that he would not do that today but that if he ever had us cross through his booth again without papers, he would definitely send us back. Weeeew!

So son and I drive off, and I say to son, "ya know, I almost wish he would have sent us back." Now I know YOU guys are thinking WHAT, IS SHE CRAZY???? But I looked at it like this, yes we would have been detained and it would have been a pain in the butt to have honey or 'the baby' go home, get our papers and come down there, but geez, I would have felt so much safer. This guy would only have been doing his job to make this country safer. And I knew that WE were ok, but what about the guy in the car behind us???? Ok, enough of this, it was just a thought!

I'm off to be a 'showgirl' today and tomorrow, so no chat for me again tonight. I really do miss it.

JoeAnne: It's good to see you. What a heart-wrenching day for everyone. Again, my condolences. It seems like when a child dies, even when we're not related to them, it tears us up inside. Like children aren't meant to go before us older folks. I sure hope that your town will find some peace. It must have been horrible for his parents to see him like that. When my "baby" had his accident at 17 I did well seeing him in the hospital, but when I went to the impound and saw his crumpled car, I just lost it. [[[hugs]]] and prayers to you and your entire town. On another subject: Whatever happened with the youth leader???

Barb: Yes, The Family is over now. Anthony, the son of Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna won. It was between him and Mike, the shaved guy. I was rooting for Mike because he was the outsider of the family and had a good heart. He was going to buy his mom and sister a new house and make sure that his nephew had a college fund. Anthony was just such an arrogant SOB through the whole show. Well, when Anthony won he got to think on it overnight what he was going to do with the money, split it up, or keep it all. And he came down the next morning and had written a big long speech about how this past whatever days had shown him that the most important thing to him is family and how he didn't deserve the money any more or less than the rest of them and that he was going to split it evenly between all of the family members to enrich each of their lives. It was very touching. A tear to my eye and everything!

Sandy: Windsor is just across the river for me, about a 30 minute drive.

Pam: Your posts are sounding so much more upbeat lately. I'm glad you are moving forward in such a positive way! [[[hugs]]]

Connie: Maybe now with your stepmother in the hospital, it's a good time to discuss assisted living with her and your dad. It can't be easy on her trying to take care of an entire house on her own. Maybe the hospital stay would be just enough to scare her into considering a different arrangement.

Katrina: You're a hoot!!! I think I would definitely find something besides cleaning to do with some free time! Have fun!

Well, girls, I found this article from The Ladies Home Journal and thought it looked interesting so I would share.

Fashion Tips for Imperfect Figures
Lisa Kavalovich

Losing Weight
Q: Due to a medical problem, I gained about 100 pounds. I am losing it slowly, and I want to look nice in the process. What styles should I wear to look pretty -- not frumpy -- while I'm losing weight?
A: These days, size doesn't matter when it comes to looking fashionable and chic. That's because there are countless clothing lines made for curvy, plus-size women -- so you'll have an easy time dressing well while you lose weight. Here, some ideas:
· Buy for your current size. Plus-size women can look great in anything, provided it fits well. That translates into buying clothes for your current size, no matter how much weight you plan to lose. Buying a size smaller may seem motivating, but seeing those pieces sit unworn in your closet may frustrate you. Plus, as you lose weight, you can ask a tailor to size your current clothing down.
· Get great-fitting bottoms. Look for wear-everywhere staples, such as a pair of straight-leg pants and a straight skirt. Buy side-zip styles, which add less bulk to your belly and keep the lines of your body smooth, and fabrics with a bit of stretch to ensure comfort. Go for any color you like, from basic black and brown to peacock blue and red.
· Go trendy on top. Halters, deep v-necks, tank tops, and blouses can all work for a plus-size woman, as long as they fit properly and aren't too tight. Beware of the urge to hide your shape with oversize tees and blouses: Often, this technique just makes you look larger.
· Don't underestimate accessories. Exquisite shoes and a beautiful bag are the keys to looking chic and pulled-together, no matter what size you are. While you lose weight, rely on luxe accessories to keep your look current and pretty.

Saddlebags
Q: I am slim all over, but I have pronounced saddlebags. Wearing most pants is embarrassing, because the saddlebags are very obvious! What styles will solve this problem?
A: Dressing to camouflage saddlebags consists of two things: Downplaying your bottom half, and playing up your top half. To minimize your bottom half, look for pants with full, flowing legs that skim over saddlebags. Dark colors such as black, charcoal, and chocolate are the most slimming, while lighter shades and patterns are the least slimming. Avoid clingy pants and slim-leg styles. Or skip the pants altogether and go for A-line skirts, which also skim over saddlebags successfully. On top, go for attention-grabbing styles, such as deep V-necks, scoop-necks, off-the-shoulder looks, spaghetti straps, or asymmetrical styles. Also experiment with bright colors and patterns on top.
Wide Shoulders
Q: I have a flat tummy and slim hips, but wide shoulders and back. What kind of clothing will flatter my body type?
A: A flat stomach and slim hips can be real assets when shopping for clothes. And while a broad back can pose some fit problems, the right clothing can help. Avoid tops and blouses that pinch or pull across the shoulders; the seam that attaches the sleeve to the body of the top should fall at the outer edge of your shoulder. Look for blouses in stretch fabrics, with shaped waists to give the illusion of curvier hips (this balances out wider shoulders). Or go for sleeveless tops, which eliminate the too-small shoulders issue altogether. Try V- or scoop-necks, which de-emphasize your upper body's width.

Ok, girls, I think I've taken up enough space here. You guys have a great day! Love to all!

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-27-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:27 AM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Good to be here! I've really been pushing through all the must-be-done stuff, and there hasn't been much time left for being online. When there has been, I've been sitting like a zombie, too tired to think straight. You know, this ultra tired thing happens to me each spring and fall. It seems to come on with the PMS for that month and doesn't go away for about a month. I've been run through a gamut of tests with the doctor, and everything checks out just fine. The only insight he has given me so far is that I'm probably pushing myself too hard or allowing too much stress to get to me. Duh. All I want to know is why it hits so regularly, twice a year. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just a freak? And I need a way to do more than just survive. Thank goodness for my Curves workout. At least I can drag myself through it and then I have a little energy for the day. And frankly, even though I haven't lost a ton of weight, that 16 lbs. gone has made moving much easier.

I've got to zoom in to work and put in a few hours to make up for the Monday I didn't dare drive down there because I was so tired. This evening I'm helping with the BMX race at our track here. I'm not into BMX at all myself, but it is lots of fun to watch, and they needed more people on their committee, especially ones with fundraising experience.

Have great days!

Andria
Old 09-27-2003, 10:34 AM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Andria: You snuck in while I was editing my post. I can't help you with the tired, bi-yearly thing. Some months PMS just hits me that way, and some months it doesn't. No rhyme or reason to it. But then it only last for a few days before Mother Nature shows herself, and then it's gone again. I'm glad the Curves workouts make you feel better. I just haven't been dragging myself there, mostly because of working these big cosmetic jobs. Just exhausted when I get in in the afternoon. You're probably moving better because of being more active. Have fun at the BMX track tonight. I'm sure the night out will make you forget about everything else.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

I know, it's me again. But I wanted to remind everyone that chats: pick a password and PM Suzanne with it so that no one can steal your user name identity and pretend to be you in the chatroom. With the drama we've had here lately, I would hate for someone to 'pretend' to be someone else.

Here are the directions for registering as posted on the chat opening page:
To register a chat username:
Please send a PM to Suzanne 3FC and include your preferred chat username and a password which you will use just for the chat. To insure that all registered chat users have a verifed forum account, we will only take username requests via the forum PM system and not by email. We recommend requesting your current forum username as your chat name. Usernames must contain only letters or numerals, and cannot contain spaces. Any spaces will be replaced with an underscore. (For example, my chat username is Suzanne_3FC )

If you've already done this, then please disregard this message.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-27-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!
Not much time to post right now, but I wanted to at least say Hello! We have a BBQ this afternoon at a friend's house about an hour away so we are going to leave early and do a little shopping while we are out - make the most of the drive. I am making a fruit pizza to take so I have to get to the grocery store and I want to hit the gym as well. The fruit pizza it by no means healthy, but yummy - I bake a big sugar cookie and then cover it with a cream cheese/sugar mixture and top it off with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi....whatever fruit I find that looks good.

Hubby is still sleeping. He was up until who knows when playing a computer game. Well, he won't be asleep for long, as soon as I go open the bedroom door to change he will have 3 dogs in bed waking him up! I know, I'm mean!

Ok - outta here for now....Not sure if I'll be home in time for chat, but I'll try.

Joanne --- {{{{HUGS}}}}}

Later Gals!
Barb
Old 09-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #27  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Angry

Morning ladies,

Looks like a storm will arrive later today but right now it's sunny and very windy. Put the bathroom throw rug/bath mat out on the fence to air out and dry out thoroughly. I'm taking a break from laundry and cleaning bedrooms. Want to guess how much I hate to dust ? But since you can write on the dressers ... it's time!

I've managed to stay OP all week. WI Monday should be REALLY GOOD if I can hold it together - don't forsee any challenges over the next couple of days. I got on the scale this AM. Wish I knew how far off it was from the WW scale but conservatively I've lost at least 5 lbs. this week. Whee!

Back to work. I'll try to get to chat tonight.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:17 PM   #28  

Hey you all!!

I'm running a couple of errands and I thought I'd stop by the library and see what's going on with you guys. Guess everyone's enjoying their Saturday. It is so nice here today - sunny and the temp in the 70s - jest right. I can hear you all now - "WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR BEHIND AND GET SOME EXERCISE AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN WHINING ABOUT THE WEATHER BEING TOO HOT TO GET OUT!!!!!!"--- Yes, I definitely need a good kick in the buttocks - feel free to let me have it!!

Joanne - so sorry about your loss; how sad for the family. Hugs to you.

Thin - hey girl, missed ya! So glad you were able to get out of Canada; however, it is good to know the guy was making an effort to keep his country safe.

I am going to do some backtracking and read some of the threads I missed - I want to find out what the drama is I missed out on. And then get out of here and go get something to eat - it's 2:15 PM and I haven't eaten all day; I also haven't had any water today (absolutely cannot do without the water or it will be pain in the a$$ again!!!). See you all again later. Have a good un.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:33 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Hello I'll try to catch you in chat
Old 09-27-2003, 10:22 PM   #30  

Evening,

Tried to make it home before chat ended, didnt quite get here, wrkd till 2:30p then oil change, shopping, dinner, you know the usual Saturday stuff, but I loved it!!!! It is such a miracle to me to be able to do all of that without exhausting myself!!! I am ever grateful....to be honest a few months ago, I may have attempted one of those things, but certainly not all afternoon and evening!!!! I would have just gone to dinner!! could have mustered up the energy to eat!!! IMAGINE THAT!! Seriously though, life is so much richer now.....and the sunset on the way home!!! wow!!! it was the most BEAUTIFUL ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN!! Those fall of the year sunsets are the most spectacular to me anyway, and it is cool and crisp this evening!! I love it!! I have two huge oak trees in the front yard, and they are barely beginning to turn, cant wait till they are all golden and brillant red, for about a month here I just want to be outside all the time!! I am thankful for this day that God has given me, and it is so awesome to me, the feeling of wanting to go to sleep tonight just so I can awaken to see what tomorrow brings!!! I KNOW A LITTLE MUSHY, BUT IT IS TRUE....I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE, AND GRATEFUL TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE MY BLISS WITH YOU ALL--MY FRIENDS, MY MY ANGELS!! THANKS EVER SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE FOR ME TO COME HOME TO!!

Joe Anne, I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you all...come and talk whenever you need to..we love you!

Connie, I missed you!!! so glad to hear from you.

J-Ann: weigh in will be great for you, I just know it. You are doing great.

thin!!! thanks for the tip, how do people get your passwords????, cant imagine why someone would be that deceitful and that spiteful!!! I try and keep mine the same for everything, so this over 40 feeble mind can remember it, but will change it for chat if I need to. Take care.

Andria: It is called Seasonal Affect Disorder and it is very REAL!! Most folks get it in the fall/winter. How is the lighting in your home and work environment? There are lamps that you can get that simulate sunlight, and from what I understand they are very helpful to most, a friend of mine swears by hers. (Especially now that days are getting shorter...may be something you want to consider looking into, should find info on the net of course. Just a thought. AND DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE IMAGINING IT, BECAUSE YOU ARENT! Even some physicians may not feel it is a "credible'' disorder, some folks may play it off, especially in relation to we "women", chalking it up to hormones or pms, huh??? What do they know?? anyway, got off on a tangent there, but it is a thought.

Sandy, glad you had some time to yourself today, bet that doesnt happen often!!!

Katrina, hello there chickie, I am

Tina, where are you? Miss you.

IS 2 CUTE STILLLLLLLLLLLL ON VACATION?? 2 cute come home, we miss you something awful!!!

To anyone I missed, catch you later... Night girlies!
Closed Thread