Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #1  

Default Cut carbs

A different way of viewing weight loss identifies the problem as not one of consuming too many calories, but rather the way the body accumulates fat after consuming carbohydrates—in particular the role of the hormone insulin. When you eat a meal, carbohydrates from the food enter your bloodstream as glucose. In order to keep your blood sugar levels in check, your body always burns off this glucose before it burns off fat from a meal.
If you eat a carbohydrate-rich meal (lots of pasta, rice, bread, or French fries, for example), your body releases insulin to help with the influx of all this glucose into your blood. As well as regulating blood sugar levels, insulin does two things: It prevents your fat cells from releasing fat for the body to burn as fuel (because its priority is to burn off the glucose) and it creates more fat cells for storing everything that your body can’t burn off. The result is that you gain weight and your body now requires more fuel to burn, so you eat more. Since insulin only burns carbohydrates, you crave carbs and so begins a vicious cycle of consuming carbs and gaining weight. To lose weight, the reasoning goes, you need to break this cycle by reducing carbs.
Most low-carb diets advocate replacing carbs with protein and fat, which could have some negative long-term effects on your health. If you do try a low-carb diet, you can reduce your risks and limit your intake of saturated and trans fats by choosing lean meats, fish and vegetarian sources of protein, low-fat dairy products, and eating plenty of leafy green and non-starchy vegetables.
adanac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:25 PM   #2  

It seems as if my body always craved carbs.
SlimGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:11 AM   #3  

Very well researched, I must say. I couldn't agree more. Cutting down the carbs intake was the critical method during my fat loss journey. Also, some usage of herbs and spices helped me get my daily multi nutrients. However, it is equally important to opt for non-processed foods. I followed iahas.com for some great recipes enriched with therapeutic herbs and spices, and I believe this helped me accelerate my fat loss.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:27 AM   #4  

Very low-carb diets, in particular, can potentially cause higher short-term weight loss than low-fat diets. However, most research has revealed that the advantages of a low-carb diet aren’t significant at 12 or 24 months. Low-carb diet-related weight loss could not be entirely the result of calorie and carb restriction.
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:10 AM   #5  

Default carbs or not carbs

you have to do take carbs depend how you take it and how u cook it ...there are many carbs with fibers and cereals
allrace is offline   Reply With Quote