Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #31  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Friends!

I got 4 points yesterday! I think I succeeded at the challenge - 10 days out of 14.

Tallking about not eating enough - it's wierd that isn't it?. I was wondering if that is what is happening to me? I hadn't lost any weight on Saturday morning - then I had some quiche and a cheese sandwich (ooops!), and the next day I had lost 2lb! That is the second time that it has happened like that and I wonder if eating a bit extra kick starts your metabolism or something?. It's hard for me to judge as I'm counting points rather than calories - so I don't know how many calories I'm consuming. I'm certainly not starving myself, but I am doing alot of exercise - the trouble is I'm scared to increase the amount that I eat incase I put on weight! Whatever I am doing seems to be working okay at the moment, but if I stop losing weight then I might try counting calories instead.

SANDYB - Sorry to hear that your husband is being a pain - I think housework and chores are the cause of many a conflict in a relationship. Nigel is the same - I'm easy on him at the moment because he is suffering from work related stress. I told him that when we move to Ireland I want to get a dishwasher, and he said 'no, we don't need one' - ha! that's because he's never done the washing up in his life - I am his dishwasher!

FAYE:- Loved the picture! About todays mission - I totally agree. Someone started a thread at the 100lb club about the exact same thing, saying she was having difficulty throwing out her 'fat' clothes - my advice was 'throw them out and close that chapter of your life, then celebrate the new you with lovely new clothes'. Unfortunately, I haven't got any clothes to throw out yet - but I will enjoy it when I do. I haven't got any particular clothes that I love - there are so very few shops here for plus sizes that I have to buy what fits and there is not much choice. So I will be happy to throw out my clothes and I look forward to buying clothes that I love rather than clothes that just fit.

Talking of clothes - I bought a rather nice new winter jacket today. It is a size 22-24 (UK size) and it fits quite comfily (on the big side rather than the small side). I am wondering whether to exchange it for a size 20 which may be slightly more snug, but as I am losing weight it will last me longer. I'm not wearing it straight away as it is still quite warm - but maybe in November. What do you think? I think I'll go and try the 20 on and see how it feels - I'd hate for the coat to be drowning me by the end of the year as coats are not cheap are they? This is a prime example of how I shop - I tried it on. saw that it wasn't too small and bought it - I did not stop to consider if it actually might be a little big!

Have a nice evening

Amanda xx
Old 09-22-2003, 02:43 PM   #32  

Amanda: What program do you follow? How do you count points? Just curious because as you might have read already Today is my first day on weight watchers. Do you follow WW?
Old 09-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #33  

Ok, this CAN"T wait until I post tomorrow morning! I was upstairs cleaning out my closet and getting rid of the size 20's when I came across a pair of gorgeous bright red jeans. I bought them FIVE years ago because the label said "18" and I thought they'd fit.....I couldn't even get them up over my butt So, just for kicks I decided to try them on..........and they FREAKIN" FIT!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, I didn't even have to lie down on the bed to zip 'em. I"m so psyched!! Thank you all for being such great inspiration/support....I couldn't do this without you all!!

Hey Amanda--congrats on making the challenge! It was a toughy!! Looks like we're all on the mission today though.

Dorothy--I teach Middle Eastern dance (bellydance). If you'd like to see me, go to my troupe website at http://desertdancers.tripod.com my stage name is "Mira".

Well, gotta pick up the kids from school....Thanks for letting me "brag" a little.

Julie
Old 09-22-2003, 03:02 PM   #34  

Julie: Way to go . That is great to hear.

Oh and I saw the website-I've been checking out some belly dancing studios here to go for a few classes. I really like the beat of the music. I also bet it's a great workout huh?

ttyl
Old 09-22-2003, 04:00 PM   #35  

Julie: What a terrific WTG! Red JEANS, whoohoo now you need some sexy black boots!

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points! Great job!

Dorothy: You are on your way to a whole new life! We are here for you every step of the way. I would definitely stay away from those extra WW points if you can. That is a good decision.

I have 12 menus done now, but it is so boring to do them and takes a long time. I want to get them all done before vacation so I can come back and shop and start with them. I have been big time OP today but I am cooking dh a pork roast to make BBQ and boy does it smell good! Guess I need to go and get the VICKS!

I guess today is picture day for me. I received my birthday present today and was totally shocked! I had messed up my pearl ring and bought another one to replace it (I think I told you that) but dh bought me a new ring for my birthday and wanted me to have it before vacation. I am killer on diamonds. My wedding set burned up in a fire 15 years ago, the next one he bought me got caught in a car door and crushed the ring and the setting got lost. Hopefully I will be able to hold on to this one! Dont' mind the ratty nails, I need to go to the manicurist again!

Faye
Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #36  

Faye- I have got one word for you...BEAUTIFUL! Oh dear I hope it stays safe this time. And yes, menu planning is kinda boring, but makes life a lot easier.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:21 PM   #37  

Wow Faye, what a rock! Nice.........

Dorothy, belly dance is an AWESOME yet gentle workout! Best of all, you become part of an amazing community of women. Most times you walk into your first class and BOOM, instant friends! (Kinda like here!) If you live in NYC you have tons of dance options. By far the best teacher there is Morocco. She is considered the Grande Dame of Oriental Dance in America. She's a Transylvanian Gypsy from Queens! A real one! She teaches strict Egyptian style and is VERY demanding, but an amazing woman. She's been dancing professionally since like the 50's and can still dance ANYONE's butt under the table! Her website is the "Casbah Dance Experience", I think. But if you look up "Morocco" and "Middle Eastern Dance" you should be able to find it. She also has a man who teaches with her, Tarik. It's worth taking class there just to watch him! He's a total hotty!! If you want to find out some other places in your area, go to www.shira.net You'll find a very comprehensive teachers directory as well as a bunch of other cool stuff!

Oooh, gotta go make dinner and then it's off to teach class.
See you in the morning chickies!
Julie
Old 09-22-2003, 04:56 PM   #38  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Great ring Faye....when are you leaving on Vaca again? We sure will miss you!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:45 PM   #39  
I Can and I Will

AWESOME!! JULIE!!! WTG! Faye... what a gorgeous ring...
Thanks for the advice Dot... who knows whats gonna work with him... we've had this discussion b4... I will tlak to him this evening when he gets home from work... hes in Chicago today. I just have to remember to keep my voice on an even keel... otherwise it will come out all pissy(which is how i feel but it wont get anything accomplished.)
I have been doing laundry all day... fun fun fun... it never ends here!! LOL But thats alright... its been a dreary cold kinda day so i have no problem just hanging inside... I will check back in here later... after dinner and i post my food and exercise on fitday. Have a wonderful evening ladies!!!

Sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 06:06 PM   #40  
2006 - Panda Remix

I'm just popping back in!

DOT - I am following a diet called 'Slimming World' - I don't think you get it in the US. It's similar to weight watchers but I find there are alot more 'free' foods - but I get 10 points a day, where I think at WW you get more, so it all balances out really.

JULIE - WTG !! o fitting into your trousers! I've got some in the back of my wardrobe that I've never worn and I'm looking forward to being able to wear them. I looked at your website - you look lovely and it's nice to put a face to you!

FAYE - Cool ring! I'd keep that husband of yours for another 31 years if I were you!

MISSY - I finally sent you that PM about Ireland.

Take Care

Amanda xx
Old 09-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #41  

SandyB: Yes, no matter how irritated you are at him, you need to have the upper hand and to do that you have to stay calm. I know you can do it though!

Julie: A Transylvanian Gypsy? It sounds funny but basically she is a Hungarian, correct? I bet she does give you a workout. Those NYers from Queens can be a tough bunch! Look at Fran Fine!!!!!!! Love that show and really miss it. She patterned herself after her idol Lucille Ball and you can really see it in the show. As I am a HUGE Lucy fan I guess that is why I like her so much. BTW they had belly dancers on Home Matters last week. I am pretty sure they were twin sisters.

Ritu: Is everything ok your way? We haven't heard from you in awhile. How is your son doing?

Ok, Dr Phil has really got my hackles up now! His second week challenge show was on this afternoon and some of the things he is doing I think are awful, like his staff filled the pantry of this house where these people are staying their first week with all kinds of JUNK food to see how they handle temptation. BAD MOVE! He also is kicking out 5 of the original group and I think that is pretty bad too since they were picked and now have their hopes up. On top of that, he is "encouraging" them to be honest with each other and he doesn't seem to have a problem with the honesty being pretty mean spirited. One thing he did was a group got up late so the other group were sent on a sight seeing and shopping trip and the late group were given orders to clean up the first groups dirty dishes and the house and when the first group got back the second group had to carry in all the groceries, put them away and make the first group lunch and Dr Phil had one of the group demand it of them instead of piping in video wise and telling them himself. I told my husband that I don't have a problem with them cleaning up when they didn't get up with everyone else exactly, but the other stuff I am afraid I would walk up to the camera give it the bird and say $%&^ $( Dr Phil I am going home! Maybe others of you that saw it saw a different overall perspective, but I think he is really expecting too much too soon. Would you load a pantry with alcohol if you were trying to dry out an alcoholic? NO WAY!

Well ladies, need to work on the menus some more.

Faye
Old 09-22-2003, 09:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening ladies!

Faye lovely rock you are sporting there!

I have already done the getting rid of the cloths that dont fit thing. The biggest size that I have here is 18. I can get into 14-18 all depends on who makes them. I did however manage to get my rear into a 11-12. I guess that they were made big. I am not sayin how well that I was able to breathe! LOL!!!! I was doing the WW, but due to all the recent stress have just started gettting my rear back into gear! I think that in another few days I will be able to go back to the points, although I have nothing about the new flex points so I am going to keep on doing what I was doing.

Sandy B, I would also refuse to do anything. I had to do that with Mike(1st hubby) and Richard(2nd hubby). The fact that each of them lost their mommy made then actually start helping. Afterwards I sat them down and told them that I hated to have to had do them like that but I have asked each of them to help in some way and had even given them a chore to do but none of the chores never seemed to get completed. At least I am getting Corey(DS) to help some so he might be alright by the time he is ready to get married.

Today was a great day all around! Time to get a move on before bed. Everyone sweet dreams

sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #43  

Gigglez-the new flex points is almost like the old bank points. The only difference is that instead of getting a point range for your weight you get a specific number of points and 35 flex points you can use throughout the week; all at once, little by little, or none at all. For example, since I am 171.5 I only get 22 points per day and 35 flex points for the week. Hope this helps.

Mira- Thanks for the dancing info...btw u look great!

Good night ladies!

Oh by the way Andy is coming tomorrow any pointers on how I should act or be with him???? Sorry I am pretty new at this...
Old 09-23-2003, 07:32 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Thanks Dot it does help some. I am only a few lbs different than you so I think that I can do 22 pts with no problem. The only problem that I have on WW is that there are some days that I am simply not hungrey and what I do eat on those days are mainly freebies. I know it all has to do with mood swings and such but I will have to try it.

Ok I thought that I had thrown out all that was too big but I found out differently this morning. I have a Tommy T that is big. The thing is that it is big everywhere expect in the chest area where it is just right for a T. Hate anything to cling to these things. Enough *****ing for me. Have to get a move on and get to work. Everyone have a wonderful day!

sandy
Old 09-23-2003, 07:40 AM   #45  

Morning Ladies!

Taking the day off from exercising today. The whole family is fighting a bad cold and all I want to do is rest and suck down tons of echinacea! But I got 4 points for yesterday.

Not much going on, talk to you later,
Julie
Closed Thread