Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/313/150

Height: 5’5

Talking still an overweight teen

(I VERY BRIEFLY MENTION PAST EATING DISORDER BELOW) hi, everyone! i created my account about a year ago! i posted a new thread about how overweight, insecure, and miserable i was because of it, then read replies from all you wonderful, caring people, then never did anything about it! this year, i’m ready to finally make changes. for. real. not to pack on the self-pity, but i’ve been miserable for so long, it’s exhausting and i’m tired of it. i’ve struggled with my body image my entire life, but it spiraled a few years ago because i started smoking marijuana everyday, multiple times a day and felt so lazy afterwards, the only thing i wanted to do was eat everything in sight. cliche, i know. i had a long couple of years fighting bulimia, i’ve wasted countless days and nights not wanting to be seen by anyone and staying in my room, alone, because of that. like i said, it’s been miserable and i’m finally done being miserable. i’m extremely overweight, so i’m taking things one day at a time, but still trying my best. i started my weight-loss journey a few weeks ago, and i’m already down from 320 to 313, which isn’t a HUGE difference, but like i said one step at a time! i’ve always started diets or exercise plans in the past and then gave up on them, simply because i never had the motivation. however, i feel different this time, i actually DO feel motivated to make these changes and to keep up with them. being this size at the age of 16 can really be a downer. once again, i’m not trying to pack on the self-pity, i’m just going to state some things that i’m looking forward to doing/having and keep myself motivated. i’ve never had a boyfriend, any boy i’ve ever liked...hasn’t liked me. i know that seems like a silly reason to be motivated, but i want that young-love, coming of age experience that so many girls my age already have or currently are experiencing. i want to wear prettier clothes. my favorite color is pink, and most girly or frilly clothes i find would never fit me or they look funny on my massive body, i want to wear clothes that girls my age do. i want to be able to talk to people in everyday situations and not be scared that they’re thinking about how big i am or how i look in my head the entire time. i’m sorry for going on so long, but i’m ready and excited to keep making these changes this year and to see progress!

Last edited by ellbell4; 01-12-2021 at 01:57 PM.
ellbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

hi, ellbell4, and welcome back

congrats on losing 7 lbs. it may not seem like a lot, but it is. try putting 7 lbs in a knapsack and walking a mile with it !

your post doesn't say whether you have stopped using marijuana but i strongly suggest you do. i am 100% in favour of legalization BUT ... marijuana is just not a good idea for a teenager ... ask me how i know !

a book that you may find motivational is susan powter's "stop the insanity". i'm sure there are many others that are just as good, if not better, but that is one that i read a long time ago and was impressed by.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/313/150

Height: 5’5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieManJoe View Post
hi, ellbell4, and welcome back

congrats on losing 7 lbs. it may not seem like a lot, but it is. try putting 7 lbs in a knapsack and walking a mile with it !

your post doesn't say whether you have stopped using marijuana but i strongly suggest you do. i am 100% in favour of legalization BUT ... marijuana is just not a good idea for a teenager ... ask me how i know !

a book that you may find motivational is susan powter's "stop the insanity". i'm sure there are many others that are just as good, if not better, but that is one that i read a long time ago and was impressed by.
thank you so much! i DID stop my daily marijuana use, i agree that it’s just not a good idea for a growing teenager!! i’ll check that book out, i’ve been trying to read more, actually
ellbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#motivation, #newyear, #teen