Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #1  

Default Help me get rid of this 30lbs...

Hi folks...

I am on a mission to lose 30lbs. I'm currently sitting at around 164lbs and the goal is 135lbs.

I feel like I have been trying to lose this weight forever, I've been trying for a year now, and the lbs just don't seem to drop. My inches do but my weight doesn't. I'm a size 10/12 top and size 12 bottoms so I'm not particularly large. I'm only 5 foot 2.

I am very active, my average daily steps is around 18-20k. I ride horses, walk dogs. Have a very physical job at the weekends at a yard with horses. I struggle to fit in other workouts between the kids, keeping the house, horses and dogs.

I eat well, try to keep low carb and cook most everything from scratch. I used to find intermittent fasting quite helpful but at the minute I've been so busy I'm very tired so finding it harder to find the energy to fast.

I'm hoping someone might have some tips for me....i really need this weight off and it's like fighting a losing battle. Its not for looks, its to broaden the different horses I ride and to help ease up pressure on my knees.

Huge thank you in advance
sallylou96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #2  

Hi Sally! I hear you! I had the same issue... my problem was a thyroid issue, that I discover after almost 6 years of battle with my doctor ( of course because I had other symptoms as well) since 3 years I am taking my thyroid medicine, and with a healthy eating a weight lifting my body has change, but I got stuck. So I am eating 1500 calories a day with just 40 grams of carbs a day, to speed a bit the process. I have to say I feel good with this amount of carbs, ( normally tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers) I try to avoid pasta, rice etc... but at least once a week I eat a bowl of pasta...

have you check your hormones?
Amanda655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda655 View Post
Hi Sally! I hear you! I had the same issue... my problem was a thyroid issue, that I discover after almost 6 years of battle with my doctor ( of course because I had other symptoms as well) since 3 years I am taking my thyroid medicine, and with a healthy eating a weight lifting my body has change, but I got stuck. So I am eating 1500 calories a day with just 40 grams of carbs a day, to speed a bit the process. I have to say I feel good with this amount of carbs, ( normally tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers) I try to avoid pasta, rice etc... but at least once a week I eat a bowl of pasta...

have you check your hormones?
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's had this issue. No I've not had my hormones checked, I've never actually spoken to the Dr about the struggle I'm having. I thought they would just say try harder kind of thing....
Might be worth discussing it with them to check there's nothing else going on
Thanks so much for the reply xx
sallylou96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I love when I find people the same height as me!! Sometimes I wish I was just a few inches taller so that I could look/feel better at my current weight.

As someone who started out in the 200+, I also have found through trial and error that limiting my carbs +sugar are the only way for me to drop weight. If I add carbs I make sure they are high fiber products to make sure I'm eating something nutritional (any white flour products, as delicious as they are, always cause me to gain). I got down to 136 a month ago doing this but then, slowly gained it back because I lost my job and started to eat whatever I could get my hands on to save and not waste money. (I'm slowly learning on how to change my mindset and get back to my old self!).

Do you use measuring spoons or food scale? When I got to 136 I became overly confident that I knew my portions, when I really didn't, so might be worthwhile to see if your calories consumed are what you think they are.

The good thing is that you are very active! I am at my desk for 8+ hours of the day which really sucks, and I don't think my one workout daily really removes the "sitting damage" im doing for the rest of the day. My goal is to get to my goal weight by

November which is 120 lbs. I have horrible knee pain when I gain weight and I feel like 120 is a good place for me to be to avoid the knee pain I've been having.

Also the fact that your inches show some loss is a good sign! You might be getting more toned? Either way I think with everything on your plate you're doing great! I would try measuring (as tedious as it can seem) it is very eye opening!

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallylou96 View Post
Hi folks...

I am on a mission to lose 30lbs. I'm currently sitting at around 164lbs and the goal is 135lbs.

I feel like I have been trying to lose this weight forever, I've been trying for a year now, and the lbs just don't seem to drop. My inches do but my weight doesn't. I'm a size 10/12 top and size 12 bottoms so I'm not particularly large. I'm only 5 foot 2.

I am very active, my average daily steps is around 18-20k. I ride horses, walk dogs. Have a very physical job at the weekends at a yard with horses. I struggle to fit in other workouts between the kids, keeping the house, horses and dogs.

I eat well, try to keep low carb and cook most everything from scratch. I used to find intermittent fasting quite helpful but at the minute I've been so busy I'm very tired so finding it harder to find the energy to fast.

I'm hoping someone might have some tips for me....i really need this weight off and it's like fighting a losing battle. Its not for looks, its to broaden the different horses I ride and to help ease up pressure on my knees.

Huge thank you in advance
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote