Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #1  

Default Belly overhang?

I have been big from age 7-13 and then again after 16. I reached a growth spurt and got small. Once I had my first child I had started getting the belly overhang. I was 280 lbs when I got it and went down to 230 lbs after having two more kids. Now the overhang can be seen with any pants that I wear, I cant wear shirts that are above my waist because you can see it. I cant wear any girdles or spandex because it still shows right through. It hangs in front of my lady area and I feel so gross. I just want it gone and I have no idea how. So many different workouts that say they work and then people have said they dont do a thing. I really don't want to get surgery. I'm trying to lose weight again, about 80 pounds to lose. Is there any hope to get rid of it with it hanging that low?
HWebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'4"

First thing I want to tell you is that you can absolutely get rid of the over hang. First start off with eating properly, and live by the 80/20 rule and make sure you always stick to your calorie goal. Nourish your body with fruits, veggies, meats and some healthy fats but make sure you are counting your calories as well as weighing and measuring them. Do you currently do anything for physical activity? I know with having kids it can be hard. To really get rid of the hang you are going to need to primarily adjust your eating and then add in physical exercise on a daily basis. later on you will need to have surgery to remove the extra skin but for right now just worry about getting rid of the excess fat on your body. I can help you get started with finding your calorie goal while leading you in the right direction! I know you can not only get the body you want but improve your way of life so that you and your family can really get the most out of life!
Strong.Beautiful23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:27 AM   #3  

Yes, there's always hope!
First of all, you must not depend on working out only or following a diet plan only, you must do both to get the results that you want in the shortest period possible. Having enough rest and sleep is also key. If you're doing too much exercise and eating properly but not sleeping well, I'm afraid you won't be losing the enough amount of weight that you're targeting. There are many exercises that you can do and more diet programs that you can follow, so to cut it short, you can try the ketogenic diet, for example, here's an article about it https://draxe.com/hub/keto-diet/keto...iet-food-list/
And for exercise, I've passed by this article about exercises that will help you lose weight rapidly, it might help too
5 Exercises to Lose Belly Fat in 1 Week - healthkeepersclub.com
Good luck!
Danny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #4  

Nourish your body with fruits and veggies
namarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #5  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

You have to lose fat. In order to do that you have to be in a caloric deficit. A caloric deficit is the only way to lose fat. Exercise can build muscle, but the only way to lose fat is to eat less calories than you burn.
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:39 AM   #6  

Proper exercise and eating vegetables and fruits. Walking and running would be a great help.
Techsavvy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:02 AM   #7  

Cut down on sugar and alcohol – these are two key areas to focus on if you want to reduce stomach fat as they can cause bloating. Get moving regularly – daily exercise is a great way to shift tummy fat. A regular walk or jog, a segment or two from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge workout videos are all great options.
luckyvenkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Realistically? I have lost 130lbs and am down to 25% subcutaneous fat. I still have the overhang, eat properly, do all kinds of exercise and have good core muscles but the loose skin will take surgery. Some of it is age and amount of time spent being overweight. I am in size 8 normal pants now though and it is not that obvious even without shapewear. I would still rather live with the loose skin than the added fat.

I plan on doing surgery but wanted to get the fat gone as well as the muscles toned BEFORE going to a surgeon to have that skin removed. If you click on my name and go to profile you can see "weight loss progress' pictures ....

Last edited by grannynancy; 02-20-2019 at 08:12 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote