Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:26 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up April 2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-30-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #2  

Smile APRIL 2018--Down a pound (again)!

Hi there!

Welcome back Synergy.

My diet was okay yesterday. I finished off the Peeps and also ate some mini-marsh mellows and a couple packets of gummies.

I did no cardio, but the did the usual lunges and squats and stability ball exercises in front of the tv. Oh, I do some exercises while I wait for the food to cook in the microwave. I read that it was not good enough to sit all day and then do your 30 minute or hour exercise. I also read about someone who lost weight doing 5 minutes of exercise 3X per day.

225/211.6/210 I am starting to understand why some of you go "crazy" weighing yourself everyday. I am still in the 200's and my scale is yoyo-ing!

I have to say that my diet is much better than when I started. I am saving money by buying less fast food and junk food and I am feeling better, too. Losing wt. is a really long road...that doesn't end if we want to live a long and healthy life. I do wish that it was easier.

Happy Holiday!
Old 03-31-2018, 04:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hi all,
I am going to jump back in this month. I have the best intentions with posting but then get discouraged when the site wipes a post before I'm able to submit it.

I've been sticking with my plan (calorie counting) and exercising. Im hovering at 170, and am calling it goal. I like the way I look, and I feel great. BMI is still overweight, but my body composition is 22% bodyfat last time I had it checked so at least I know I'm healthy by some scale. I have kept up reading the posts and I saw quite a few of you mention that maintenance is harder than losing. I see that now, as when you're losing it's fun and exciting but maintaining is just....seeing the same numbers up and down over and over. Having been in the losing mode for so long it's hard to be "okay" maintaining.

We are in the process of selling our home and moving closer to my husbands job (he currently has a 45 min drive both ways). My parents both have been having some health scares and I find myself wanting to comfort eat a lot more than normal.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:52 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

It was a beautiful day here, spent a lot of time outdoors. Got in a lot of steps. We went to the rail trail this afternoon. DH occasionally asks someone with a dog what kind it is, today there was a guy with a small dog that kind of looked like a fox.

Diana I have to ask about the ad blocker that you use, I finally am fed up with the ads on this site, now I'm getting a video ad, annoying. Hope all is well and that you have a lovey day tomorrow.

JulesMarion congratulations on making it to goal. Best of luck with the house stuff. I've been reading a lot about maintenance, I'm a weight watcher at goal (finally - again). A lot of people say to set other types of goals, like exercise goals, etc.

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-31-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:45 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Easter! Hi Is Risen!

Jendiet I forgot to mention, from your post yesterday, I prayed for your DS.

Kelijpa Here it is: https://adblockplus.org/

Well, I'm not having a good start to the month! I am really swollen from the saltwater/oysters this morning. I suppose that's what it is. I posted my foods and didn't have anything different.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch while taking a hot shower
This Morning: Oxycsie while getting things done. Wasn't as efficient with it but I did something

Calories for yesterday: 1510
Weigh in: 192.4
Up: 2.4 pounds

Have a Blessed day!

April 1

James 1:4
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a magic wand that we could wave, and suddenly the pounds would melt from our flesh and we would be the perfect weight? I know of no one who would choose the rigors and demands of a diet over a magic wand. Unfortunately, there are no magic wands, and the only way we can lose weight is to set ourselves to the task-body, mind, and spirit. We need to ask God's help, that we might remain committed to the task no matter how long it takes. When we call on the Lord, He will grant us the patience we so badly need.

Today's thought: The longer the wait, the less the weight!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-01-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #6  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

I am back and ready for a great month. My goal is to stay OP and to post daily. I've been half stepping with my exercise but it's back to 4-5 days a week.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

good morning/afternoon to everyone! I see we are slowly migrating to the new thread (thank you Diana )

WI the same 165.4 and I am not complaining That is an overall loss for the week and you know that does not happen to me often!

Yesterday we just did errands but I managed to get all my steps in and today we are going on a little 3 mile hike on a new trail across town so should be interesting. I been busy in the evenings painting rocks to hide on the trails we walk it is so much fun. But I think hiding them in random places is even better.

Well I hate to say no personals right now but have to dash! Will play catch up later

Everyone have a wonderful Easter
Old 04-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning/afternoon all,
143.9 this morning

Things going pretty well here, looks like the sun might be trying to come out. I am making a couple goals for the new month. Getting back to regular exercise with the dumbells and yoga.

Diana thank you so much, that was so quick and works great. Hope the swelling goes down quickly. Must be the sodium.

Nancy congrats on the loss for the week. the hike sounds gun

GettinFit good to see you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 04-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

Happy Easter for all those that celebrate. 🐰🐰

Yesterday I ran another 5k and if it's not too cold I will maybe run outside later since my gym is closed.

So far so good on my taper, I have SO much more energy. I had no idea how fatigued 75mgs was making me. I tapered to 50mgs to get the water weight off and then realized, Hey...I'm no longer tired all the time! Bonus. 😁 I guess 75 was too much.

Jen, the long time ladies here know my woes with my ex. He was absolutely awful to deal with for 14 years of my life. He was never there for our Son and went on to have 3 more with someone else. Luckily my Son has turned out ok so far *knock on wood* and I finally blocked my exe's phone number a year ago which was the best decision ever. He was a horrible human being and thank the Lord my Son will be 18 in less than 3 years and I am free for good. Things have been very quiet since I blocked his number and I remember the torture of sending our Son for visitation when he was little. You'll get through it but do I ever feel your pain. My ex was an alcoholic too.

I guess I'll shop on Amazon while my ham is in the oven. 😁

Have a good day, ladies!

Anyone ever hear anything from that older gentleman again? I can't recall his name. I hope he's ok.

Stay motivated!!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Daily Accountability Check-In:

I am marking this thread.

Hubby and I leave tomorrow for a 7-day vacation. I won't be bringing my laptop, so will catch up with everyone on April 10th.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Beeps have fun and we'll catch up on the 10th

Diana and anybody else praying for me or my DS THANK YOU!!

Novangel, I'm really sorry. The biggest thing about my ex is he refuses to call our youngest by his name, Seth. He and the whole town calls him "Kenny" and it's starting to annoy my 6 year old and my 4 year old (Seth) has started to correct him. He love's his boys as much as his messed up version of love is, he cares for them and meets basic physiological needs. He has no clue about emotional needs of others or does he care. He enjoys cuddling them but only because he has a need to cuddle, if you get my drift. Emotionally he is very immature and I believe he has detachment issues since he calls his mom and dad "Rick and Joyce."

I still love him and wish I could help him but he cut me out of his life because he couldn't handle my naming our son the name God gave me in prayer over our relationship. It wasn't his will, so it was wrong, when he couldn't punish, manipulate or threaten me to do what he wanted, he used the system against me and tried to take the boys. The day I named Seth, he refused to hug, kiss or love me anymore. He talked about how he was shunned as a child if he didn't do what was asked of him **momentarily** in court ordered counseling...that gave me enough insight to his own psychological damage and why his maturity has been arrested (which is common with narcissists). The counselor gave up on us and said she couldn't force him to call our son Seth

This psychological damage is what worries me about the boys spending time with him. I have tried to talk to him about how he may not like his name but because I have sole custody and he is raised as Seth in our home and to all of his friends, as a father, he should put the emotional security of his boys above his own emotions and stop calling Seth "Kenny" especially when they don't like it. My 6 year old had even told me he told him "Seth" was a "bad word" and he wasn't allowed to say it.

I don't know the extent of the problem he was hiding from me for more than 8 years but I met the demon lurking within him, and I don't want my boys to have to face that darkness alone.

I pray for my ex to be healed and I know God can give him a new heart with the ability to empathize.

Thank you for being vulnerable with me about your past experiences.

Jules, I pray you find something suitable to your needs

Gettingfit, welcome!

Keli, sounds like you had a nice day on the trail

Teri, you hide your rocks for others to find, that is so cool. Glad you are seeing non-scale victories!

Afm. No plan today. Did a lot of shopping. Well, I did log food. I had nursery at church today and missed the boys. I found out they went to church with their dad but I pray it really touched him and it wasn't for show or to impress a "good girl" he's after.

Easter dinner was great and so was the clean up. Gearing up for the hard part, the week without my little ones....I'm used to getting them back by now...probably going to be some tears, but I'm done with food and refuse to comfort myself with it tonight.

I am still praying for reconciliation with my ex but I do know A LOT of healing has to occur. The Bible says if they divorce NOT FOR FORNICATION they should be reconciled. I struggle with my love for him and my displeasure at his tactics. I decided to join an online meet and greet site, but is it just me or are single men too desperate acting? I'm not looking for a hook up.

If my ex is an unbeliever, I'm FREE to date. So this is where my confusion lies. I've been praying for 5 lonely years for his heart to change. I lived with him acting like a monster from 2013-2015. Finally slapped him in 2015 and he put me in jail, even my domestic violence paralegal of my lawyer asked me what took me so long to slap him....anyways. i won our custody battle and He divorced me last year. God also delivered me from his bogus cdv game too.

I know it's confusing to those who don't know the Bible, but I do my best to live by His Word.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #12  

After I get paperwork done, I'm going to try to squeeze another plank workout on tonight. Sorry I'm so into my feelings, but at least I'm venting and not stuffing.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Food was a bit off plan but not off the deep end. Didn't count calories. I did experiment with a chocolate brownie and a chocolate truffle. So far, I haven't reacted around my mouth. I might be OK with chocolate or certain tannin containing foods in moderation.

Exercise: 50 minute outdoor walk

Back on plan tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-01-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:25 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Food was a bit off plan but not off the deep end. Didn't count calories. I did experiment with a chocolate brownie and a chocolate truffle. So far, I haven't reacted around my mouth. I might be OK with chocolate or certain tannin containing foods in moderation.

Exercise: 50 minute outdoor walk

Back on plan tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening!
That's great because chocolate Is awesome.

I didn't do the plank workout. I sat on the floor and cried. Close huh? OK goodnight ladies
Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Happy Easter all!

The family all went to a buffet style Easter brunch, and I did my best to track what I ate. Didn’t do too bad, but I can feel my body rejecting some of the heavier foods. Last time I had rich food I spent the evening throwing it up. Here’s to hoping that’s not the case this time! I spent the entire week prior eating lower calorie days to make up for any overeating I do today, so overall I’m feeling pretty good, except the slight nausea. 😒

kelijpa thank you, I am definitely making some non scale related goals. I did a 5k and a 10k last year and I’d like to do better with my times. I’m also working on my plank. Nothing like a good plank to make the clock stand still!
Diana3271 I despise water retention! You are very dedicated with your tracking, your numbers will reflect that in time. Do you use a tracker of some kind or do you do pen and paper and log in here?
GettinFit hi! I’m trying to post here too. I need something to distract me at my vulnerable night time eating time. In the mornings sometimes I find my get up and go by reading posts on here. I figure if the rest of you are staying on track and exercising I can too.
nancylmrn congrats on the loss and holding at 165! I am calling it goal at 170 (mostly because I like this feel for my body and that I can maintain it without too much work). And because my body is refusing to go lower than 168 without me practically starving myself.
novangel congrats on your 5k! I’m looking at doing my first of the season next week. It’s a 5k race called Beat Beethoven and you run to Beethoven’s 5th and if you can run it by the end of the song you get free symphony tickets. It’s fun because there’s speakers and you can hear it the entire race.
beeps have fun on vacation!
jendiet hugs to you. Your ex sounds like a nightmare. Prayer is an amazing thing, I have seen reconciliation in my own parents marriage after a nasty divorce and a lot of family healing through the past few years. You’re doing the best thing for your family by praying for them and taking care of yourself and your own. I have been through therapy within the last few years that has helped immensely with working through things and venting rather than bottling it up. Bottling it up will eventually lead to it coming out somewhere. My dissociation of all my issues led to me eating all the feelings, and fits of misplaced anger. So, in my book, if you need to vent this is a good place.

I hope you all have a lovely week. My plan is to not eat all the Oreos in the house and to keep working out, while not having a breakdown about having just put the house on the market.
Closed Thread