Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #136  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to everyone, just wanted to pop in.

W/O complete tonight was focused on ab/core/lower back. This is the area I need the most work and the area I hate doing....go figure

Granny I have not sprouted lentil but have other seeds and legumes in the past I even have this handy dandy gadget to use that I somehow inherited years ago. Granny I so wish I could find a way to incorporated 10,000+ steps in a day I aim for 6500 on weekdays but weekends I really pile them on.

Gettinfit sounds like you have a plan, just be mindful of your meal choices while out! you can do this I know you can

Speaking of lentils tonight is the leftover curry lentil from Monday so yeah! My calorie/ carb count is pretty low so far today (under 400 calories right now) but the lentils will bump me up and so will 1/2 cup of rice. Pushing my water like crazy. See you all in the am
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I felt better and less "foggy" as the day went along. I have dealt with night sweats for quite a few years now and hot flashes only on occasion. The night sweats seem to have improved since I eliminated the tannins, unless it's a coincidence. It feels so weird to get that emotional, foggy, and hormonal without TTOM actually occurring. Not that I am complaining, LOL. But when TTOM actually happens, you know what's going on. Without the TTOM, I feel like a crazy person. What's new right? Crawling in a hole and dying felt like a good option earlier today. Crazy hormones.

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken & steamed veggies 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Your Best Body workout 1 w/added cardio w/3's, 5's, & 8's
Old 04-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #138  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
142.8 this morning

If I don't get on in the morning it seems I don't get on, I thought I would check in while at work, however I started reading a book on overdrive called Flat Broke with two goats. It's a memoir, I wasn't sure at first but am enjoying it, so I kept sneaking peeks at it at work yesterday.

Jendiet regarding the planks, I did a 30 day plank challenge, it started you off with 10 seconds then added 5 seconds a day with a rest day about every 4th day. Now I do a 60 second straight arm plank and a 60 second forearm plank, that seems to end plenty for me. A little plank goes a long way

GrannyNancy congrats on the new low, you're doing fantastic,congrats on finding what works for you. It seems like it was a long time ago you were working hard to get to Onederland and now you're 20 pounds below! Awesome

Diana I went to bed at 7:30 the other night, DH was afraid something was wrong with me I was just so tired. Hope you're feeling better. I was listening to a podcast yesterday, they were talking about food sensitivities, I have to look at the show notes to get the name of the test she recommended, similar to an allergy test. Anyway, both women said unexpected benefits in areas of their bodies like less joint pain, etc. from limiting things they're sensitive to. Anyway I thought of you and will look for the test name, perhaps you already have taken it, but maybe it would be helpful. So, maybe if you're sensitive to tannins it could easily be helping in other areas to avoid or limit them.

Nancy I love lentils, sprouting sounds great.

Well, I better get moving, hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 04-12-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning.

181.4 big bounce up. But I mentioned last night how bloated I feel. Getting everything back on track and getting ready to get out and walk. fast.

Today is a cut to 899 calories and LOTS of water with lemon and I am going to focus on not snacking This evening is acupuncture as well.

We have the brassicas and potatoes planted in the garden. This weekend a lot of seeds will go in and we will be getting ready for tomatoes peppers, eggplants, and okra [in grow bags on the deck] -- that set up allows me to use a Florida weave to control the plants and just seems better. Seeds will go in for squash of all types, cantaloupes, cucumbers and maybe a watermelon. Sweet potatoes will go in when it gets warmer. Not sure I am going to try carrots this year. They don't seem to like us so much though other root crops seen to do better in the fall and we need to start planning our fall garden now. Looks like another hot summer coming up. Rough. When sustained temps get above 90 or so, blossoms start to drop and pollination fails.

Next year I need to start my own tomatoes etc to get the varieties I want. This year I will buy the little 6 packs. I need to find a way to share photos. It used to be photobucket. We are cutting way back on winter squash as we make more than we eat though this year I imagine a lot of tromboncino as they make excellent zoodles. We are also planting GA collards to see if that will suffice for greens through the hot summers.

Need to find a good place in the front yard garden to plant amaranth. It has the most lovely blooms in the summer though the leaves do get eaten up. We beat back the peppermint in our beds and have some test beds with it growing alonside plants. It really deters some bugs and especially flea beetles.

Kelijpa - you know it does seem you don't get around to it if you don't first in the am

Diana - you know, I know it is frustrating but I know there is good on the other side. Except for dryness. I am here to extol the virtues of vaginal estrogen even though it is ridiculously expensive.

Nancy - I sure would welcome links to your good lentil recipes. I love curry. I love lentils and they are a great source of protein and fiber.

Last edited by grannynancy; 04-12-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #140  

Smile APRIL 2018 Down a tad, tad

Hi!

Not much to report or say today.

Diet was okay, but I still ate too many carbs...cereal and bread were my weaknesses, again...I know this too shall pass...

I did not get to the Y. But I went for a walk and did the usual home exercises. I notice that the exercises that I do are much easier.

225/208.6/209.2/209/205

Maybe I will get out a yoga mat and try some "new" exercises.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa I have had allergy testing but it was negative. But I have not been tested for tannins. Not sure if there is even a test specifically for that. Let me know what you find out. But, my mouth has cleared up since eliminating them.

On a side note. On Saturday, I mentioned that DH & I shared a piece of cake. We were working so we ate out. DH saw the cake description, it sounded good, so that's what we shared. There was nothing in the name to lead us to believe there were nuts in it. It was full of pecans and very good! Anyways, I ate it and by Sunday evening, my mouth was flaring a bit, but the big thing was my eyes and the skin around my eyes was getting all chapped and irritated again. I am about 90% cleared back up again. I am wondering if that's part of the reason for the significant gain that day, too. I know the food was prepared higher calorie than I thought it would be. Also, someone in the tannin forums mentioned about feeling funky/moody when she has tannins. I felt very moody since the pecan episode or is it the hormones? ETA: I am feeling that moodiness again. I'm thinking it's hormonal.

Last night: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 12

Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering.

In centuries past, people went without food in order to break their willful spirits. Certain individuals knew they were too concerned with worldly things, and they wanted to humble themselves, so they went without food. A person who hungers loses conceit and cockiness very quickly. God wants us to have a spirit of lowliness and meekness. He wants us to shape our wills to His, and He wants us to be patient in all that we do. Dieting makes us very dependent. We are vulnerable, and we need someone to lean on. Thankfully, we have the Lord to lean on, who will bear our full weight, and never let us down.

Today's thought: I'd rather put on patience than put on weight!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-12-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #142  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning everyone!

No WI again today, this is the longest I have ever gone without a check in. But I keep reminding myself these next 30 days is on body composition not weight focus. I know this takes longer to see any results but my scale hates me...and I try not to hate it back

Tonigh's w/o is lower body and I am still recovering from Mondays LOL

Granny here is the recipe I used except I used green lentil instead of red, only used 1/2 of the curry paste (first time I used it all and it was way too spicy for DH and I) added some red bell pepper...I can never just follow the recipe LOL
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16...-lentil-curry/ I cooked the lentils the day before then the next night just cooked the onion, bell pepper and assembled quick and easy
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #143  

Oh that looks good. I love curries of many kinds.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello nancy, Diana, kelijpa, grannynancy andTeri - I did read your posts!

I did get my yoga time in, today. And ate pure protein for lunch. I am hoping to repeat at dinner and then shut-down the pie-hole.

Chin up, fork down!
Old 04-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hi everyone,

Beeps, you and me both. Already at 445/500 so going to be another 600 calorie day but plan on chicken and veggies..

Nancy, I'm not touching scale except right before TOM, just bc I need to see what TOM gains are running...

Diana, dang I feel for you....stupid TOM changes wo TOM. I get extremely emotional and tired too. I hope mouth and eyes are all better. I like the devotional about breaking your will with fasting. Yes, when I feel food engorged and slovenly, fasting grounds me and makes me more appreciative.

Terri, just don't give up as long as you are not over eating it doesn't matter about carbs except water gain.

Keli, interesting title, I suppose I could try that workout...I know 20s is hard right now for me...that would be better than killing myself with that 5 minute plank workout

Granny, I love to garden, when I met the ex we started to garden and he keeps it up but it breaks my heart to see it because it was our family time and i shared secrets from my friend who owned a green house.

Gettinfit, enjoy time with your guest and eating out can be tempting to go for rich meals. 1 is ok.but mostly opt for mostly grilled or baked, u will be fine

Zmaus and Jules, I can only read posts on this page when replying but I know you guys are there and I want to encourage you!
Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled Mahi w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Leslie Sansone AHA 3 mile walk
Old 04-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 256/191/135

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone.
I’m still around had a long day yesterday and never had a chance to post. Still doing ok with diet ate a little above calorie goals in the last two days, because of getting into the Easter Chocolate. I haven’t weighed myself maybe in the morning, I will face the scale again.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #148  

Question APRIL 2018--Same

Hi!

Not too much to say today.

Diet great until I went shopping yesterday afternoon. I bought a couple of bagels and some fudgecycles. I came home to banana nut bread baking and then a family member brought me some PB fudge and PB brownies. I ate a cookie and a brownie and a little piece of fudge. I froze some of the fudge and brownies. Will offer the rest to someone else. Otherwise the rest will go in the freezer. Think I will put the bagels in the freezer, too.

Exercise was great: 30 min. arc trainer, 45 minute in the pool and much later I did the usual exercise at home.

225/208.6/209/205
Old 04-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Nothing for last night or this morning, way too tired. I had a hair apt. after work and then we had to do more work stuff. Didn't get into bed until almost midnight. Hopefully I can sleep in tomorrow.

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 189.2
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 13

1 Kings 17:8-9
And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, 'Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.'

Consider the prophet Elijah. The Lord told him to go to the town of Zarephath, where he was to wait for further guidance from God. Elijah waited there three years before the word came! How many of us would have such patience? Our dieting period often seems long, but in comparison with what so many others have had to go through, the time is really quite short. Committed people have always found a special source of patience and courage to get them through any situation. The source of their remarkable faith is the Lord, who makes all things possible.

Today's thought: I will make a little last a long, long time!
Old 04-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #150  

Good morning. 180.4 drop down but just to where I started for the week and above my current low. The past few weeks have been really good though so my body may take a break. I am focusing on being steadfast and getting in all my exercise. I have been struggling with small snacks here and there and snacking is my saboteur so I need to fight this challenge.

I got in my walk this am and my lower body exercises and stretches.

Last night was acupuncture and she helped a lot with fluid flow and bowel stuff so I am not nearly as bloated feeling and then I went to Lowes garden center and earth fare. Bought some chard and kale in 6 packs but I will go to a local garden center to get the rest. Also bought some various seeds. And some milorganite and weed killer for the yard. I stopped the lawn services as they messed up my yard with bringing in weeds on their mowers, and mowing too high for Bermuda despite repeated requests. I can do a better job and it is exercise. They said they did pre-emergent weed control. Mmm Hmmm I don't think so.

Diana - Hope you get to sleep in

Teri - shopping is a beast. I broke down and bought a few peanut butter coated pretzels at earth fare myself. looks like 1 oz. They are NOT on my plan. I should not have walked in the store hungry.

Zmaus - I hope the scale is kind. It takes a lot to honestly move it (both ways)

Jendiet - so this is 5:2? How is it working? I am not going to change things up unless I hit another plateau but good to know options. I am currently 16:8 though it is more like 18:6

Last edited by grannynancy; 04-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Closed Thread