Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

JulesMarion
Good luck with the house. I only track here. I try to keep my meals within a certain range. I don't deal well with change, so I am OK with keeping my food choices the same and not changing things up too much.

Well, my body is not happy, right now. I had another significant gain. My mouth hasn't reacted to the chocolate, so far, but I am very swollen. Yesterday I left for church earlier than DH got up. DH came to church for the last service. He was very swollen from the oysters that we had on Saturday night. The oysters were naturally very salty and they came from a very small creek. I guess our reactions were just from the salt because we didn't get sick or anything like that. Today is a new day from the off plan eating yesterday. I will continue to focus on a bit longer workouts and stick to my plan from here on out.

I am going to put this out there . . . My plan is to be at my goal range, in the 160's, by my next Endo apt. in September. I woke so swollen and miserable, I was hesitant to weigh this morning. But I decided to weigh in and just move on.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Did not track
Weigh In: 194.6

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 2

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

It seemed like forever before any weight came off. Gerri had cut way back on her food intake and exercised daily. It had been frustrating to step up on the scales day after day to find no real change. She stuck with the diet despite her despair, and now four weeks into the program it was paying off. People were beginning to notice the difference in her. What had seemed so painfully slow, one pound every few days, had finally added up, and she was thrilled. Waiting a little while had paid off, waiting a little more didn't seem nearly as hard.

Today's thought: I can take this diet one day at a time!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:59 AM   #17  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I had a decent day yesterday and I cleared out all the problem foods in the house. So far, today has been good for me.

JulesMarion - Yes, I too need something to distract me from thinking so much about food, that is, junk food. I've been dealing with a stressful situation lately and I have let it drive me to over eating the wrong things. I so want to be able to handle stressful situations w/o turning to food for comfort. I hope you have a successful day.

My plan for today is in place and I WILL stick to it.

B: 1 PK Instant grits, 2 sl Canadian bacon, coffee
L: Baked chicken breast, 1 C mixed Veggies, 1 WW Snack bar
D: 1/2 C Chicken salad on a bed of lettuce & tomato, 1 pc Dove dark choc
S: Handful of nuts,
Exercise: The Firm Cardio Overdrive

Last edited by GettinFit; 04-02-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #18  

Smile APRIL 2018--Crazy Weight

Hi!

Welcome Jules-Marion. You have a great weight loss. Good for you. I was looking at pics of Alaska in either the NY Times or Washington Post yesterday. They were gorgeous.

On Saturday, I ate out and overdid it. I ate half of my 800 calorie oriental type lunch and maybe a third of a blonde brownie with ice cream. But later I had two pieces of peach pie. ...And I had a headache. I checked my BP and it was still in the normal range. I was careful with my diet on Sunday.

On Sunday, I weighed in at the same weight, but two hours later I was up a pound and a half. BUT TODAY I AM BACK DOWN. I do not get it.

I went for walks both days. And I did my home exercises. My hips are bothering when I walk. I am not sure if it is my weight or my home exercises or my diet.

225/211.6/211.6/213/210.6/210 I am getting close to another goal! I am tired of being over 210!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI was a bounce up 166.4, but I truly expected it. Lets just say Easter OK
I am back on plan today with the 16:8. and I will start back (fingers crossed) with my workouts tonight. I got sideways last week so I am starting the 4 week strength training program over.

I will try and get personals in later today at work, but have to dash now hugs all around
Old 04-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone, my weight was still the same yesterday, didn't have it in me to weigh this morning. I got up had some yogurt and a banana and and went to the basement to walk on the treadmill and do my workout and 18 minutes on the treadmill and it died, guess its the motor . I did complete my workout so I have that going for me, still have to figure out how to get my steps in for today. I overate yesterday but I am getting back on track today, not gonna dwell on it. Hope everyone else had a good Easter.
Julesmarion, Welcome and good luck on your journey.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

This thing ATE my post.

I drank a cup of coffee and had a slim fast carb cutter supplement. First time...I feel jittery but my HR is 60. So I am not sure I like it...

Stlr, sucks about the treadmill dying! Is it an easy fix?

Nancy, we all slip. Good attitude.

Teri, sounds like sodium. I hate sCale fluctuations too.

GettING fit, stress derails me a lot too

Jules, thank you for understanding and sharing how prayer and forgiveness works

Diana, weird that you both swelled? I hope it goes away.

So my ribs JUST STOPPED hurting..
So I need to do a plank workout, that is my goal today.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #22  

Hi all
Thanks Diana for starting the new month. I am so grateful for you always being here.
Hope you all are having an awesome Monday!

Last edited by flower123; 04-05-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ok, 1300 kcal for today...I'm stopping food now...

I was going to try to do another 500 kcal day but it proved too hard...so I did 400 below my BMR.

Still got to do that plank workout...dreading the sore, but will do it...

Flower, sorry she made you feel that way. I'm cheering you on for your personal goal.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today was a good day.

Flower

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled chicken and 3 orders turnip greens 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn, boxing, upper body w/5's, lower body w/8's

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-02-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #25  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
144.9 this morning

Ate ham 3 times yesterday so a little sodium gain. I didn't drink enough water today. Will do better tomorrow. So today I decided to get out and just see how a run would go. I did it, ran 5k, first time without my buddy, so I was happy and sad. My knee seems to have held up, so that's encouraging for the future.

Diana sorry to hear both you and DH were swollen from the oysters. Glad no sickness though. Good news on the chocolate.

Flower

Sending good thoughts to all
Old 04-03-2018, 12:06 AM   #26  
Warrior Princess

I've been eating a lot of ham too so I'm bloated also. :/

I ran my usual 5k but tomorrow will have to be stairmaster to give my knees a break. I need to lift some weights too.

Not much else to report, have a good night ladies.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:56 AM   #27  

Hi all

Novangel great that you are keeping up with the exercise/workouts. Glad you are figuring out the correct dosage. And glad you have more energy.

Kelijpa Glad your knee held out with the run on Monday. It must have been a real challenge doing the run without your running buddy. Again, I am sorry for your loss.

jendiet thanks for the words of encouragement "cheering" me on. I appreciate it! If you did the plank workout, I hope your ribs will not be too sore on Tuesday. going back on posts, I read where you were talking about increased libido. I thankfully did not have that when I was in my late 30s or thereafter. You may want to have your hormone levels checked. Might be a bit high on one and low on another?? I just read another post by you about your son. I am sorry he is wounded in this way. And it is manifesting in acting out. I will pray for you both.
I am sorry that your ex was such a horrible father.... and person Finally, I was watching a livestream conversation with 2 healer people. One mentioned a book that inspired her which was called No Mud no lotus. By Thich Nhat Hanh. I thought it looked good. Its very cheap on kindle. $3.44. Its about transforming suffering. I love Thich Nhat Hanh. So I thought I would just pass the info along.

stlrsgrl I am sorry your treadmill stopped working. I hope its revivable. if not, I hope you can get a replacement pretty quickly.

Nancylmrn, Easter eating happens. Sounds like you are back on track

Teri great that you didnt gain !!

GetinFit welcome back. congrats on clearing the house of the problem foods. I threw my cocoa powder up on an unreachable shelf in the garage. Now i am experiencing throwers regret

Diana sorry you both were swollen from the oysters. But at least you know it was not just your body's reaction.
Reading back last month, I enjoyed the visual of you chasing your DH around the office

JulesMaron first, congrats on all the weight you have lost. And hitting goal Sounds like you are doing great with it all. Like what you wrote about resisting oreos. I am not sure I could. wishing you best with the sale of the house and moving. quite a big deal

Beeps I hope you are having a great vacation

Synergy sorry for your loss !

Grannynancy. I am going back on posts. I saw on thursday what you wrote about your job. I am really sorry. It all sounds so cruel. And yet its the way older, in age or longevity at job, are often treated. Bring in cheaper people.

doitforme I am so very sorry to read about your husband's passing last April. I hope you are have a lot of support getting through this time.

Wow, there was a lot of catching up to do. Lots going on.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday

Last edited by flower123; 04-05-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #28  

Smile APRIL--up a tad!

Hi!

I am not trying really hard right now, but I am really not doing anything "bad" either.

I ate some gummies, a dilly bar, and some marsh mellows yesterday...but everything else was okay. I did not feel like cooking dinner last night, so I had a bowl of cereal and some toast.

I did not attend the Y, but I did a 30 minute walk and I did my usual home exercises.

It was just a ho hum day. I cannot complain.

225/210.6/210.7/210
Old 04-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 193.6
Down: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 3

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

There are times in our lives when a diet may be easier than at other times. In times of stress or tragedy, it may be impossible for us to lose weight. Diets take concentration and commitment. Things may come up to cause us to fall away from our diets, but we need to get started again as soon as possible. Just because we fail once doesn't mean we will fail every time. Pray for God's help and guidance. He will be faithful to help us through the tough times and the times we fail. God will make our way easier through His companionship and comfort.

Today's thought: There is no better time to diet than right now!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #30  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Flower - Your throwers regret made me chuckle. I totally get it. I had some tortilla chips and I had to put water in the bag before tossing in the trash. I didn't trust myself to not go digging for them

kelijpa - Are you still on WW? You have done so well are such an inspiration.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I stuck 100% to my plan and the scale dropped 2 pounds. I was retaining a lot of water so I will probably have a few more drops before leveling off.

I hope you all have a successful Tuesday

Today's plan:

B: WW Oatmeal w/ 1/2 C milk, coffee
L: Tuna on a bed of lettuce & tomato, 1 WW snack bar
D: Shrimp, Kale salad, 1 pc Dove dark choc
S: Mixed nuts
Exercise: Walk 40 mins
Closed Thread