Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Today, I did go to yoga, I did reduce my calories by 400, and maybe I can squish in a walk this afternoon. So, I am feeling good about today.

BOOM!
Old 04-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #347  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello all - I am back.
I went on vacation in the Bahamas, which was great, but gained 6 lbs that seem to be sticking on.
My best friend and I have started the INSANITY program, which is great, but at the hospital this week, it is LAB WEEK and they keep giving us tons and tons and TONS of junk food (Cake, cookies, ice cream, donuts, mufins, EVERYTHING). I never buy junk food so that it is never around me, but when I am around it, I lose compelte control!! Help

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #348  

good evening! will be going for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #349  
Warrior Princess

Hi kids

I'm doing alright, been dealing with medication adjustments and it's been a little bit of a ride but I'm starting to level out.

I'm still going to the gym but trying to incorporate more weight training again. It's really a necessity for what I'm (endlessly) trying to accomplish. I'm beginning to realize that this weight loss game is never-ending. This is forever. I wish I was one of those women that had a petite frame but God gave me good hair and teeth instead.

I'm working all through the weekend so not sure how much gym time I will get in before Monday but I'll do what I can. I'm thinking Saturday isn't going to happen but work is work. I welcome extra money right now.

My cat taps me on the shoulder in the middle of the night to get my attention and it's the cutest thing ever but she doesn't let me sleep. :/

Hope everyone is well, sorry no personals - I'm too far behind since I haven't checked in for over a week. Stay motivated.

Last edited by novangel; 04-26-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #350  

novangel, so sorry you are dealing with med adjustments. I just got back from a power walk. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #351  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just dropping in for a moment
I did take all the boxes off my desk and my neck while not better by any means is feeling less stressed. Tonight's workout oddly enough was a recovery stretching for 30 min which is exactly what I needed to try and ease the muscle pain in my neck and backside. Tormorrows is a brutal whole body strength training and HIIT again.

Welcome back EmilyLarnder and novangel seems like it has been for-ever since you were here! I am off to the shower then make some lentil curry dish for D/H and I
Old 04-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Hey chickies. Won't be on in the am. Have a search call with my cadaver dog.

On a different note, our team got on local news (I am not in this video ) all bets are off food wise. I will do my best to be good but normally you wind up going out with them at some hole in the wall diner with amazing SC food. The video is about a program we have working with autistic children having the dogs learn their different behaviors and the kids to get comfortable around the dogs. Not to mention a lot of learning on what to do when looking for someone on the spectrum.

http://www.wspa.com/news/k-9-program...ren/1141095591
Old 04-26-2018, 10:20 PM   #353  

will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #354  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back, Emily & Novangel!

grannynancy That's a great story and great work!

So I have to admit that I am feeling frustrated with everything. When I went to the Endo at my previous apt, my thyroid meds needed to be increased. I thought for sure it would help me with weight loss. My Dr. said that she didn't think it would help. She said that I am at a point (age/perimenopause, etc) where it's really hard to lose weight. She said that it can be done but I will have to really work at it. I feel that I am doing all the right things without making any progress. Nothing in my diet really stands out as being too much. I have upped my workouts a bit. I even found out what was part of the problem with having those crazy reactions. I went though that many years and had crazy swelling. But I haven't shown any significant weight loss even now that I don't have that inflammation going on. I was worried when I stopped with the stevia and started back with the sugar in my coffee that I would gain from it. But I haven't. I am just really beside myself as to what else I can do. Of course I'm not going to fall off the wagon just because I am frustrated. I am going to keep trying. I wonder if things will get easier once my hormones stop fluctuating and they stabilize. I am sleeping better with figuring some stuff out with my neck situation. I just don't know

Total Approx 1585 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
DH wanted to go to Olive Garden tonight.
Salad w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
Chicken Giardino 600 calories

Exercise:
JS 30 Minute Hiit walk
40 minute bike & @ gym. Friend & I rode at a leisurely pace while talking
Old 04-27-2018, 12:04 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, first of all big hugs. I am sorry you are feeling frustrated...I pray God will show you how to proceed ...when you've done all you can do to stand....stand therefore...

Ciecie, I made goals and I kept them...thanks for reminding me how goal setting is a major tool for procrastinators like me

Granny, that's awesome about the news bit!

Nancy glad the neck pain eased up

Nov, glad med changes are getting to an even keel, nice to see you post. Yes, we are in this for the long run. Cute about your cat, but I understand about the no sleep, I had one that insisted on "talking" to me all night

Beeps! Glad you had a great romp and are feeling good about things. It's amazing how God allows us to benefit so much from sex.

Emily, I haven't seen you, but hi!

I broke my fast with pizza with the boys...I ended up eating maintenance today but I DID attain my exercise goals...whoop!! Whoop!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:47 AM   #356  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Thanks, Jen.

Last night: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1585 +
Weigh In: 188.6
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 27

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

There will be days when everything seems useless and impossible. The temptation to give up will be almost overwhelming. It is in those times of total desperation that we need to cry out to the Lord. The Lord truly will strengthen the hearts of those who call upon Him. The periods of despair will pass; the temptations will pass. What will never pass away is the loving support of God. He stands beside those who put their trust and faith in Him. Call out to God in the tough times. Rejoice with Him when the times are easy. Wait on the Lord, and He will bless your life!

Today's thought: As the wait goes on, the weight comes off!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-27-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:15 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 256/191/135

Height: 5'3

It has been a few days since I posted. I stuck to my plan until yesterday. I did not do that bad even eating out I was at almost 1600 calories yesterday. So glad that it’s Friday.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:53 AM   #358  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning all W/I up .8, I had some salted almonds yesterday and a brownie....oops Anyway I am glad to say yesterdays 30 min fluid stretching really helped my sore muscles and I am feeling so much less pain today.

Diana I am so sorry you are frustrated and I feel you and I both are in the same ship doing all the right things and nothing changes. The frustration is very real and well frustrating. A hug to you from me

I will be back later today for personals
Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #359  

Default APRIL 2018--Up

Hi!

Welcome back Emily: Your vacation sounds great. But I think I'd be tempted, too...

Diana: I am amazed how well you have done keeping your weight off despite adversity. I am lucky when I lose if I can keep it off for a week.

Nov: Hello Kitty! I really miss my cat...

Beeps: HBO can really put together good shows..but they are often over the top.

DIET: SoSo. I thought I did pretty well at the buffet, but I still gained weight.
Salad (lettuce, raw veggies, small amount of dressing in a little cup, a dab of egg salad, a dab of coleslaw), half a serving of meatloaf, 4 bites of oriental chicken, 2 bites of chicken breast, 2 baby onion rings, a dab of mashed potatoes, a small piece of carrot cake, two strawberries, a dab of whip cream, 2 dabs of ice cream. ...it all adds up. Later in the day more chicken and a slice of lemon merange (sp?) pie.

Today, I had pie again, and some pasta.

EXERCISE: 30 min. arc trainer, 45 min pool time, and some house exercises later...

225/206.6/207.9/205

Oh well. I planted some of my primroses at a public garden yesterday, and today/tomorrow I will volunteering at a flower show. There will be food to tempt me. I think I should fix a veggies bowl to go for both events...
Old 04-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #360  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey all.

Diana - I am so sorry you're feeling frustrated!!! What are your TSH & T3/T4 levels? (If you don't mind sharing). I am glad you aren't having any inflammation (Did they do a C-reactive protein and/or a Sedimentation Rate to determine this?), but actually let me know what other symptoms you are having.. Since I work in the lab, I might be able to suggest some more tests that they might not have run. I would be glad to help somehow.

Jendiet- Hey nice to meet ya!!

nancy- Hello! yes I was gone for about a month and a half lol!

Novangel - I STRONGLY recommend this book!!! I haven't been able to follow it yet since I haven't committed to a gym yet, but I plan to!! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098PYV7Q...=4110227810401

Today was day 11 of Insanity; I did Cardio Power & Resistance.
Speaking of Resistance, I watched a YouTube video that talked about a trick to resist junk food.
That tip was this: Take two bites, eat slowly, enjoy flavor. Then drink a BIG glass of water. It is supposed to trick your brain into getting that initial "Yum" and then finishing off with feeling full. I will give it a try!!!
Closed Thread