Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/132.4/125

Height: 5 foot 4 and 1/2 (164cm)

Default worried about spring break

Hey guys! I've been noworried about spring break which starts end Feb- beginning March on my parts of the world and I am going on vacation with my bf for a week. I am worried that I won't be able to maintain/lose during that period. Any tips? Have any of you gone through tempting times and have overcome it? Thanks

Last edited by MelodicWarrior29; 02-22-2018 at 06:39 AM.
MelodicWarrior29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:14 PM   #2  
mjf

If you don't have access to your usual healthy foods, just pick whatever is the healthiest option available. For example, when I go to restaurants, I avoid sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods, and I get something with vegetables in it (and usually also some meat). I try to avoid restaurants where all of the food is unhealthy.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/136/125-130

Height: 5'5"

Get plenty of walking/exercising in! Of course you should "try" to be good with food, but I'd be lying if I said that way easy. If you're exploring a new place, try to explore it on foot as much as possible so that you burn more calories!

But as for food suggestions, you're on vacation, so if you're like me, you don't want to deprive yourself. Instead, try to pay attention to portion sizes! If you give in and have a "cheat" food try stopping before you eat the whole thing.

And don't beat yourself up if you aren't perfect. Try to be good, get in exercise, but remember that this is one week. I know this opinion might not be popular with everyone, but I think it's important to let yourself have fun every once in awhile (key words: once in awhile!). If I don't allow that of myself, I'm miserable and will give up quickly. The important thing is that you don't go overboard. Don't pull any "I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast so I shouldn't even bother the rest of the day." The rest of the day is still a chance to eat well and just because you had extra calories in the morning, doesn't mean you have to have extra calories the latter half of the day? And on a very similar note, *if* you do indulge a little, get right back on the horse. Don't get upset or give up. Get right back on. Your previous (and future) efforts have not gone to waste because of a little bump in the road.

But really, try to get in your exercise to make up for any excess calories!
fofo_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/132.4/125

Height: 5 foot 4 and 1/2 (164cm)

Thanks fofo_bunny and mjf. I'm gonna try and focus on simply maintaining for the week (which is easier than losing) and trying to get exercise when I can.
MelodicWarrior29 is offline   Reply With Quote