Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #16  

Hi girls. Sunday goals sure come up fast. This past week went well. I made my appointment, worked out Tues, Wed and Friday and lost 2 pounds. So good week.
This weeks goals are to workout 5 times, stay within my calorie range and concetrate on drinking more water. UGH.
I also seem to feel my depression creeping back up on me. I am merely thinking that this is me without my food. So it's going to be a bumpy month. I can feel it.

I'll check in with you all tomorrow, right now I am going to enjoy the wonderful weather.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:42 PM   #17  

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in. I have been working all week-end and now go back at 10:00 tonight. (It's 9:33 Sunday night).

It sounds like everyone is doing great. I haven't had time to get on the scale. And right now I don't want to! Went shopping late today after I got off from work and ate at Wendy's and then ate a box of Charleston Chews on the way home! I have been getting my walks in though. Yesterday morning I did the WATP 3 mile tape before I went to work. Then today when I got off from work a friend and I walked.

My goals for this week will be:
1. Drink 64 oz. (or more) of water
2. Watch the snacking after work
3. Watch the carbs a little more

xDas7x, I'm like you on the carbs. I think I'm doing good on the lower fat and then I realize I'm eating a lot of carbs. Of course, carbs are my favorite things to eat!

Well ladies, have a great Monday! Everyone keep up the good work!!

Julie
Old 09-08-2003, 03:15 AM   #18  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

BlondeJ I hear ya! I dont know how to cut the carbs while staying low fat! The recipes help but I dont have a lot of time to cook here! Any pointers? Like quick foods? I hate it cause I usually will make a sandwich.. and thats what kills me.. doh!!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:03 AM   #19  

Just a thought on the carb question. I think as long as we focus on natural whole grains and such that carbs aren't such a bad thing. The stuff we need to stay away from is all the processed food; white sugar and flour. I've switched to whole wheat pasta, brown rice and whole wheat bread. I also try and limit my potatoes because they can give a sugar rush.
The problem is, or so I read. That refined flour and sugar are processed differently than whole foods. It takes longer for our bodies to metabolize all that fiber found in whole foods. Not only has the processed crap been leached of all it's vitamins and fiber, but it also is digested quickly and turns right into sugar.

So watch that white flour and sugar!

Last edited by justme2338; 09-08-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #20  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Morning Ladies,

Well I didn't walk or do any form of exercise yesterday. Just didn't feel like it. Actually I'm feeling a little depressed right now and that always makes it hard for me to want to do anything. I don't know why exactly, I just seem to go through these stages.

Generaly once it sets in I struggle to get over it and I'm worried because it may cause me to give up my goals. I don't want to, but I don't care either. Does that make sense?

I'm going to try hard today to figure out whats bothering me so I can get over it!!

I am going for my walk today!!!!! No matter what, I think it may help.

I'm also going to drink my water and eat right today. I didn't eat to much yesterday, just didn't eat right either.

I guess thats about it, I'll check back in tonight.

Angel

gems:
Old 09-09-2003, 03:06 PM   #21  

Hello Ladies!

Another quick HI! I am sooo busy. I don't remember what I told you before but my 2 bil's and my nepew are here from NC to help us with our house. Our siding job is now also a window project. My jobs our maid, cook, gopher, laundress, ect.... Don't get me wrong. They are helping us from the goodness of the hearts and I appreciate it more then they know. But I hope I make it three weeks!

So if I am not around much know that I am here in spirit and keep up the good work!

Beth
Old 09-09-2003, 07:53 PM   #22  

Hi ladies,

Beth, it sounds like you are busy, busy, busy!! Just keep popping in to say hi to us once in a while!

Angel, keep on with that walking. It's good for depression. I understand what you mean about not wanting to give up your goals but then not really caring if you do. My dh suffered from depression and it's hard to explain to people how you are feeling. I think everyone just thinks "oh, just think of cheerful things and you will feel better". Well, it doesn't work like that for people who are depressed. We all wish it did. Just remember that we are all here for you.

Natalie, you make the carb thing sound easy! I sure wish I didn't like carbs so much!

xDas7x, when you figure out the carb thing let me know!!! I swear the only food I ate today was all high carb!

Everyone else, where are you??????

I have been getting my toning exercises and walking in but I have been doing absolutely terrible on the eating! I think I ate non-stop yesterday. Today was a little bit better. I have been getting my water in though. Today I even got an extra 20 oz. in. Yipee!!! I drank 84 oz. which is alot for me. I felt like I was floating!!! I just hope when I go for my walk in a little while that I can make the whole walk and not have to go into the trees!! lol

Take care ladies.
Julie
Old 09-09-2003, 09:26 PM   #23  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking

Hi all,

Julie~~Thanks for the encouragement !!

Well, I suppose I'm feeling a little bit better but I didn't exercise Sunday or Monday and didn't get to go tonight, although I really planned too, because my honey had to do some work on his truck. I didn't overeat or anything just didn't do much but stay on my computer and chase the kids I did drink my water so that at least is something I'm still keeping up with.

I just need to get back on track with everything. I'm feeling a bit lazy I guess you could say.

Boy I sure have been whinning a lot lately!!

Ok, I'm going to go work out with weights or something and maybe that will help.

Until Tomorrow,
Angela

sw: 230
cw: 218
gw: 175 (for now)

gems:
Old 09-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #24  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi all!

Its been awhile, sorry! Im also doing the 21 day challenge hooray! Im trying to keep up with my goals here too.. Ive thus lost 5lbs that makes 10lbs total and im SO HAPPY!!! *dances*

Anyway Ive been tryin to keep up with the water, I drank nearly 100oz the other day and about 64oz today. Im trying!

I also worked out on the walker that exercises arms and legs, did about 4.5mi and worked out total for about 40min.. and of course im doing 15 situps and 5 pushups daily to try and tone those.. flab areas.. *shudders*

About the carb thing, I dont know! I did switch to whole grain bread (the 100% kind) and find its just as good as white bread.... Im hoping maybe that will help!! im also taking B6 vitamins and the Kelp ones.. B Complex I think.... so I think its all giving my body a little nudge. Hopefully I can keep losing weight!

Good luck everyone!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:07 AM   #25  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking

Howdy All,

The Thread has seemed to slow down somewhat. I guess we have all been busy, one way or another. I know I've devoted most of this week to Web design and contracts. I love Web design but the business side gives me a headache sometimes.

I haven't exercised one day this week so I'm not looking forward to stepping on a scale this weekend, but I haven't overeaten, I haven't exactly been eating the right foods, but still, I did not eat to much, so hopefully it will work out, or maybe its just wishful thinking.

I sure hope everyone is doing well!!

Angel

Gems:
Old 09-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #26  

Hello All!
I hope that all is well. i am still very busy as it seems like all of us all. I have not had much time to exercise but the work is helping.

I lost 1.75 this week. So .75 more to goal. These last few pounds like to give you a hard time.

Well that is all I have time for right now. i have to get back to work. Hope to see you all soon!

Beth
Old 09-12-2003, 02:29 PM   #27  

Hi girls. Today was weight in and I dropped another pound. That makes it only 7 more before one-dom. I cannot wait. I originally thought I could do it by my birthday but there is no chance I'll be able to lose 7 pounds in 10 days. So I'll settle for 25 pounds lighter.
I've been doing well with goals. Stayed under 2000 calories and only missed one workout this week. Tonight I am going to do my weight training and I wanted to go for a hike along the river tomorrow but I think it's going to be raining.
As far as the water goes, I am downing a bottle right now but I've not met that goal for this week. I have to confess, I haven't really been trying to. I've got to get into gear with this water thing. Maybe they can just hook up an IV?

Oh, 25 pounds mean I have 5 jewels! I'm going to add my birthstone - Sapphire.

Last edited by justme2338; 09-12-2003 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:31 PM   #28  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Not much time for posting but just had to say.....

Beth and Justme!! Way to Go!!!

Your are both inspirations!!!

Angel

gems:
Old 09-13-2003, 01:02 AM   #29  

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been been a couple of days since I've posted. This has been a busy week for me. Plus my computer has been running slow so I've been messing around trying to figure out what's going on. And I am not a computer wizard!!!

I have to admit that I forgot to weigh today (yesterday I guess - it's 12:01 a.m. now). I have been meeting my goal of drinking my water though. Even though some days I feel like I'm floating!! I think I have done better with the snacking after work but that is because I've been so busy that I haven't had time to snack. My carb goal still leaves alot to be desired!! I have been getting in some type of exercise every day so that is good.

Well I need to get to bed. Take care everyone.
Julie
Old 09-13-2003, 08:36 PM   #30  

Hello All!
Just a quick hey! Hope all is well. We are working our butts off here. I am really tired tonight. Don't think I will stay up to watch the movies dh and my bil's rented.

Just me way to go! Everyone else hang in here! It will happen. Amanda how is it going? WE MISS YOU!

Beth
Closed Thread