3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   August 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/313807-august-2017-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 08-08-2017 10:02 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Just a few personals from today.

fashinjunkie09 Great job on your meals.

Chunkahlunkah
Congrats on the NSV!

nancylmrn
HI :wave:

EmilyLarnder Good job on your day.

FYML Welcome back!

Tonight we had our Ladies Church meeting. I brought my usual salad but brought uncured ham for the protein. Not sure how the sodium will affect me.

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/uncured ham & BHF's ranch 600 calories
small slice of banana bread 100 calories

Exercise:
1 Mile w/Leslie, Jessica Smith Total Body Time Saver w/8's

FYML 08-08-2017 11:21 PM

Today was okay. I would say 4/5 again. It might take a bit to get back into the swing of things.

1) Workout: Cardio on treadmill for 40 mins
2) Carbs - 3
3) Veggies - 2
4) Steps - 11,000
5) Clean Eating - No, 2 servings of my carbs were white flour products :/

Breakfast: 3/4 cup greek yogurt with vanilla extract, blueberries, strawberries and cinnamon
Lunch: 3/4 cup chilli lime pork loin roast, 1 cup cucumbers, and tzatziki sauce
Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta, and 2 small piece of garlic bread
Snacks: 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 cup of honey cinnamon baby carrots, 2 cups whole grain white cheddar popcorn, and a banana

kelijpa 08-09-2017 06:47 AM

Good morning all!
175.9 this morning

Diana congrats, so happy to hear DH's US was normal and dropping the med is helping him feel better. Always good for us not to be worrying as much.

Chunkalunkah congrats on the NSV!

Magistra congrats on the drop.

FYML welcome back

Got my exercises in, almost talked myself into skipping them, FatGirl trying to take over, so much of this journey is conquering the inner saboteur (had to look up how to spell that :)) I've been meditating, listening to Belleruth and FatDag podcast and still a little voice is like "you did good, you can take a day off" :twirly:

Hope everyone has a great day:sunny: :grouphug:

Diana3271 08-09-2017 07:47 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

A lot of good things going on in there. Keep up the great work! :carrot:

kelijpa Great job pushing through with the exercise.

FYML Great job getting back on track.

magistra Congrats on the 1.5 pound!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 181.6
No Change

Have a great day!

I really like today's devotion, very loving and kind on those difficult days.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 9

John 8:10-11
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, 'Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?' She said, 'No man, Lord.' And Jesus said unto her, 'Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.'

The doctor was going to kill her. Kate had been told to lose thirty pounds over six months. For awhile she had done really well. She took off twenty in the first three months, but lately she had gained again, for a net loss of only about twelve pounds. Kate was astonished when the doctor merely encouraged her to try harder. Christ, like the doctor, offers us no condemnation. He wants us to lose weight for our own sakes, not for His. He wants to help us, not hurt us. Take comfort in the acceptance of Jesus Christ.

Today's thought: Even when I give in, I'm still a good person.

msgooch 08-09-2017 07:56 AM

Good morning!

Here is my biggest weakness - eating out! I'm really trying to limit it to once a week. We were in the city late yesterday for a meeting and hubby made reservations at a nice restaurant. I had salad and fish, and a drink, and a few bites of dessert. Not the worst thing ever but I always eat more at a restaurant than I will at home. Not surprisingly I'm up .2 today. I did strength training and a 45 minute spin class yesterday. I'm contemplating trying a 90 minute class today. I'll see how I feel when it comes time to choose the class. That's a long time. I do hikes that long so I do think I can do it if it isn't too aggressive. It's not something I want to make a regular part of my plan but every other week or once a month it might be worth a try. I'm really trying to get out of the 170's. I've been here long enough now.

nancylmrn 08-09-2017 10:00 AM

Good morning
WI 162.4
No workout this am, I have some kind of sinus thing going on and my balance is off I tried to do a lunge and kept tipping over ;)

Well went off plan a bit last night, we went out to dinner and I had boneless buffalo wings...yikes and an adult beverage. Could be why the scale did not move this am...??

Chunk awesome on your nsv

msgooch wow that is a big drop congrats

Waving to everyone else, I have to scoot will check in later

EmilyLarnder 08-09-2017 01:24 PM

Magistra - That is awesome! I am in a similar boat, 4 more pounds and I will be in the overweight category as well!! Also, those paleo dinner rolls look so good! Is the coconut flour expensive ??

Today's workout: MMA Power and Core Kinetics; total time ~65 minutes

Breakfast: Choc shakeo with banana and PBfit

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad, and also some fruit (ate half, the other half I will have on my way home from work)

EDIT: 7:02 PM

Snacked on some hummus and chips :( Idk why I was so hungry today!

-1/2 scoop C4 preworkout

Dinner: Grilled chicken w/ bbq sauce, home-grown green beans, Uncle ben's long grain & wild rice.

2Bees 08-09-2017 04:52 PM

Hello all. I forgot the daily part of the daily accountability title but I am working on the lifestyle change. I got my fitbit that came with my weightwatchers online signup. I sortof hate/love it. I have gone walkies for two days now but still have not hit 3000 steps. It does not seem to track walking in place, so no gain from Walk away the pounds video. ( I think the key is you have to go for 15 minutes and I did not)
I think my food choices could be better but I have had a lot more fish, salmon and white, and salad. Food find of the week is a balsamic vinegar glace. Wonderful on tomato.

Zoniegirl 08-09-2017 04:55 PM

8/9/17

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today.

WI 220.2, down a pound.

Yesterday - B- 2 cups coffee with nutpod non-dairy creamer, 3 eggs, cucumber, spinach, hot sauce, mini-guacamole cup.
L- romaine lettuce, 1/2 can chicken, v&o dressing, craisins, walnuts.
D- 8 mini-meatballs plain, 5 tortellini plain, 1 glass red wine, 3 small bites pie.

Steps - 8,337.

Exercise - 75 min. Cardio; 60 min. Yoga class.

Water - 96 oz.

Welcome and welcome back Unapologetic Lover, FYML, Millie! Wishing you lots of success on your journeys.

Diana - glad the US turned out well and thank you for keeping this thread going, providing us with inspiration and the devotions!

Kelijpa - thanks for your input. WTG on finishing your 5k program.

Chunk - congrats on your NSV!

Nancy - hope you feel better soon.

Magistra - WTG on getting your swim in!

Greetings and support to all - Have a great day!:smug:

EmilyLarnder 08-09-2017 07:06 PM

So on my facebook page today, I posted this, and I wanted to share it with all of you!!

What do you struggle with?
Health? Fitness? Smoking? Business? Marriage?

How often do you say to yourself,
"I can't do it"
"I'm not strong enough"
"I'm too tired"
"I don't have time"
"I don't feel like it"
"I'm not worthy"
???

You know what happens when you talk to yourself that way?

IT BECOMES TRUE.

"The way you speak to yourself in your mind is how you will feel." -Chalene Johnson, TurboFire

If you are a victim of negative self talk(pretty sure everyone is, including yours truly), do THIS once a week:
*Write down negative phrases you tell yourself.
*REPLACE them with the opposite.

It is OKAY to fall.
It is OKAY to be imperfect (nobody IS perfect)
It is OKAY to tell yourself to take BABY STEPS!

TRUST your journey, BE YOUR OWN COACH, and I promise, you will run out of excuses and you will MAKE IT HAPPEN.

YOU. ARE. WORTH. IT.

*** Also, I am SOOOOOO close to becoming a Beachbody coach. I know it's sort of a pyramid scheme, but I feel like it's something I am meant to do...
Would any of you sign up with me as your coach by chance?
I want to help as many people as I can. :cheer:

2Bees: Make sure you measure your stride length and put it into your fitbit settings (on your smartphone or your computer, wherever your fitbit data backs up to). Mine was off, because I have super duper short legs. Best of luck!

msgooch: When you go out to eat, ask for a doggy bag (a box) AS SOON as your food comes out. Put half of your dinner in the box, give it to your husband and tell him you're not allowed to touch it until tomorrow.

GettingGorgeousAgain 08-09-2017 07:39 PM

Love your recipes

[QUOTE=magistra17;5325672]I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with having to start work this week. School doesn’t officially start until the last week of August, but parents have started contacting me already. These parents are new to our school and they are a little nervous. They will calm down once school gets underway, but in the meantime, my vacation time is being disrupted and I’m kind of frustrated with that. I feel like I need another three months of summer.

Hi - I'm new here. Not even sure if I'm answering your post within the proper protocol but here I am. I'm following a low carb diet of 30 grams or less and keeping to not more than 1500 calories. Your recipes sound amazing and clearly have a low carb vibe. Do you make them up or use a cookbook. I need help avoiding culinary boredom! All best wishes!

nancylmrn 08-09-2017 08:37 PM

Good evening to all

Just a few quick notes

msgooch I am going to give those biscuits a whirl but trade out tapioca starch for almond flour I will keep you posted

2Bees if you don't think you fitbit is working walking in place. Attach it to your shoe laces I have have done that when I use to go to the gym and used the elliptical. it would not record steps since I where it on my wrist and kept my arms stationay

Diana3271 08-09-2017 10:10 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

GettingGorgeousAgain HI and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

No workout again. But, I was up and moving all day with trying to get everything done before we leave. I only sat down for lunch.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for our mini vacation. We were going to open but close early. DH decided to go on a close and take 2 days off.
We will finish packing tomorrow morning and hope to leave before noon. I will be taking my laptop. Most of my workouts will probably be swimming.

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 600 calories

Exercise:
Regular movement. :lol:

Waving HI all around!

2Bees 08-09-2017 10:10 PM

thanks for the tip nancylmrn I will try that /
A lowcarb biscuit substitute sounds like a good experiment. I am counting points, trying to keep out the empty carb calories and well juggling everything at once.

fashinjunkie09 08-09-2017 10:29 PM

I was down to 213.7 this morning. I did pretty good today but my sodium level was a little high so I may be up on the scale tomorrow. Just going to keep drinking lots of water!

Today:
B- coffee w/ creamer, 8 small slices salami roll ups w/ cream cheese, water
L- 8 green olives, 2 sargento Colby jack cheese sticks, 1 small apple, 2 T almond butter, water
D- 1 c garlic chicken, 1 c white rice, 2 mini veggie spring rolls w/ low sodium soy sauce, hot mustard, water
= 1,848 calories

kelijpa- great job doing your workout!

Diana- have fun on your mini vacay!

Hi to everyone else! :wave: