3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   August 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/313807-august-2017-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

kelijpa 08-14-2017 06:45 AM

Good morning all,
175.2 this morning

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend! A little trouble getting moving this morning but managed to get mediation and exercises done.

:wave: Diana

Hope everyone has a great day:sunny: :grouphug:

Diana3271 08-14-2017 08:15 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night: Unpacking MAX
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories unknown
No Weigh In
Back on track with food and exercise today

I feel really rotten this morning. I didn't feel like this while we were away. I guess it has caught up with me. Well, I didn't get into bed until after midnight so I haven't gotten enough sleep either. Tonight I need to get to bed on time.

Have a great day and start to your week!

Here are all the devotions that I missed posting:

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 12

Ephesians 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).

It really isn't a matter of whether God loves us more if we are thin than He does if we're fat. God loves us the same, no matter what. He loves sinners as much as He loves saints. His greatest desire, though, is for His children to be everything they can be. He wants us to desire perfection. The gluttony and selfishness that lead to obesity are not qualities of perfection. God wants us to attempt to live our lives as Jesus lived His. Let us vow to walk in a newness of life, transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit, on the road to Christ-like perfection.

Today's thought: God can make me better than I ever dreamed possible!

August 13

Isaiah 40:1
'Comfort ye, comfort ye my people,' saith your God.

Josh was feeling down and depressed. Nothing seemed to be working out for him. His job was a nightmare, his social life was even worse, and he was lonely. He sat alone and ate. His weight had skyrocketed. He wouldn't eat so much if he had someone to talk to. His main problem was that he just didn't have anything else to do. Often, the most comforting thing we can hope for is someone to spend time with. Company gives us pleasure and takes our mind off eating. It is up to us to find people to spend time with when that is the only reason we sit and stuff ourselves. God sends us comfort in many ways. Seek the comfort of company.

Today's thought: I'm never so tempted to cheat as when I'm alone!

August 14

Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Scott was cranky. He had been on a diet for two weeks, and it wasn't getting easier. Now his friends wanted to drag him off to some stupid prayer meeting at the church. Begrudgingly, Scott agreed to go. Before long, his mind was off of food and onto the message the pastor was delivering. Scott got caught up in praying for the needs of others, and he completely forgot about his own hunger. The time passed quickly, and Scott was surprised. His friends just smiled and told Scott that there was a lesson there for him somewhere. When we turn our attention from ourselves to others, great things can happen.

Today's thought: I want to care for others as much as I care about myself!

Sencha 08-14-2017 09:55 AM

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I will do it tomorrow, if I remember. I'm having some trouble with an upset stomach after dinner. I think it's due to some of my meds. I'm not sure what to do about it, because it completely ruins my appetite for breakfast, and sometimes lunch, which means I get too hungry before dinner. Maybe I'll try a few saltines when I get up.

nancylmrn 08-14-2017 10:07 AM

Good morning!

WO day one week 5 of my 8 week done, my 4 days off have really helped my knees
WI whoop whoop 4 days at 159.2 so hope the scale will keep here or go lower

this is really short this am I have to run for work, more later

FYML 08-14-2017 03:55 PM

Starting my post early today because I have two baseball games tonight and will probably go to bed right after! (2/5 rating for the day)

1) Workout: 1.5 baseball games
2) Carbs - 3
3) Veggies - 0.5
4) Steps - Over 10,000
5) Clean Eating - No

Breakfast: 3/4 cup greek yogurt with vanilla extract, blueberries, strawberries and cinnamon
Lunch: 1 whole wheat taco bowl, chicken breast, red pepper, red onion, salsa, and sour cream
Dinner: White bun, beef burger, slice of marble cheese, ketchup, mustard and a pickle
Snacks: None

*I got really sick from eating peppers with last nights dinner/lunch. I had no appetite and needed the carbs from the white bun because my stomach was in so much pain. Turns out I have a pepper intolerance. It was horrible. I was up all night puking.

fashinjunkie09 08-14-2017 04:12 PM

Hi everyone! :wave: Time got away from me and I did not check in yesterday. I was a little lax on the calorie counting yesterday, I still tracked but allowed myself to have whatever I wanted in moderation. Down on the scale this morning to 209.9. I hope everyone is doing well!

Yesterday:
B- coffee w/ creamer, bacon, homemade French toast w/ butter and syrup, 2% milk
L-McDonald's :mcd: (took the kids to play since it was a rainy day and did not eat all of my meal) crispy chicken sriracha sandwich, fries, water
S- nutella & go snack pack, water
D- cheese chicken, roasted asparagus, 3 squares dark chocolate, water
= 2,802 calories (yikes!)

Today:
B- coffee w/ creamer, organic cinnamon & spice oatmeal, 1 T natural peanut butter, 1 small gala apple, water
L- 4 greek baked turkey meatballs (new pinterest recipe that I tried, sooo good! ), 1/2 piece flat bread, 2 T crumbled feta cheese, 2 T tzatziki sauce, 3 squares dark chocolate, water
S- small coffee w/ creamer
D- grilled pork chop w/ creamy mushroom sauce, 1/2 c. herbed angel hair pasta, roasted asparagus w/ parmesan, 3 squares dark chocolate, water
=1,697 calories

Diana3271 08-14-2017 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I am tired today. I am hoping to finish up here and then get caught up with my Bible studies. I didn't do well with keeping up with that over the weekend. Around 4 PM I got really hungry, stomach growling and all. I know it's because I ate off plan over the weekend. I had to push through and not give in. I stayed on plan today and got my exercise in.

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn, Boxing w/#1 weights, upper body & lower body w/8's & 12's

Chunkahlunkah 08-14-2017 10:23 PM

Well done sticking to plan today, Diana! :cp: Your vacation sounded magnificent.
Btw, I've been wanting to try items in your menu for a long time. In particular, I want to get Dave's Killer Bread, pumpkin butter, Siggi's yogurt, and BHF Ranch. I'm going to feel like such a creeper placing those items in my basket. ;)

:hug: and :wave: for all!

nancylmrn 08-14-2017 10:33 PM

Diana welcome home, sorry the mini vaca is over :( I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

I will get to personals soon you all are so amazing....and I mean it!

Today food was op. only off was an adult beverage :D

Back in again tomorrow :carrot: with bells on and WO complete hehe

kelijpa 08-15-2017 06:52 AM

Good morning all,
174.7 this morning

Hope everyone is doing well. I swore I wasn't going to waste time is morning, but that didn't work out...I got most of my exercises done, I can do my arm/chest stretches at work.

Listening to Belleruth pretty regularly. I will shed this extra weight, not because I subscribe to someone else's standard of beauty, I will shed this extra weight because I want my body strong, energized and well.

Diana hope you're feeling better:hug:

Hope everyone has a great day:sunny: :grouphug:

Diana3271 08-15-2017 07:53 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: my normal standing stretches but held them longer since I did them without the DVD
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 + :coffee:
No Weigh In

I love today's devotion. These devotions recycle every year. I remember reading it one year ago and felt motivated by it. Here I am still fighting the same battle. :dunno:

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 15

Revelation 21:3
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.'

Cathy decided to make a contract with God rather than a promise to herself. She vowed that she would lose weight for Him, not for any vain or selfish reason she could come up with. Somehow it was easier to do for God than it had been for herself. The pounds melted more quickly. Cathy continued her diet with regular prayer and recommitment to the promise she made to God. Before long, Kathy had lost all the weight she set out to lose. Our promises to God are very important. Often we can do for Him what we fail at for ourselves. God has promised to help us whenever we need Him. He will help us lose weight.

Today's thought: My diet is more than a wish; it is a promise to God.

nancylmrn 08-15-2017 09:57 AM

Good morning!

WI yeah still at 159.2, but saw the scale flick to 160 so looks like I will be going up again.
WO completed my 50 minutes so week 5 day 2 of the 8 weeks done

magistra I do love that you have been putting links in for you new recipes -- thank you

Today I am going to work harder at getting my steps in before bedtime. I have set my goal during the week at 6,500 I know it is not the 10,000 recommended but being at a sit down job this is pushing me to get up and take short walks every hour.

Back later

FYML 08-15-2017 02:32 PM

Tuesday: (3/5)

1) Workout: Treadmill for 35 mins
2) Carbs - 2
3) Veggies - 2
4) Steps - 10,000 +
5) Clean Eating - Not 100 %

Breakfast: 3/4 cup greek yogurt with vanilla extract, blueberries, strawberries and cinnamon
Lunch: 1 cup cucumber w/ tzatziki & sandwich: 2 slices dave killers bread, turkey lunch meat, mustard, and havarti cheese
Dinner: Steak with caesar salad
Snacks: Apple with almond butter and cinnamon, and walnuts

I am thinking about setting up some personal rewards for when I accomplish short term goals:

1) Out of the 170s (I can't believe I let myself gain so much weight back) - Reward: Get my hair done
2) Out of the 160s (A range I have not been able to get out of - lowest weight was 163) - Reward: Finish my tattoo I started in December 2016 !

Chunkahlunkah I totally second Diana's bread choice! I saw some in a grocery store last week and it tastes like honey oat bread from Subway!

EmilyLarnder 08-15-2017 03:54 PM

hey everyone, I've been struggling a lot. I had got back on birth control for my acne, and since then have gained almost ten pounds, even though I am doing well (most of the time, definitely not bad enough to gain 10 lbs)

So I am quitting it again ( :dizzy: ) and have made an appointment with a dermatologist instead (earliest appt I could get was a month from now).

I can't wait to get back to where I was. Maybe my body just can't handle birth control :(

Anyway, based on your experiences, what is better?

*3 meals a day?
*Intermittent fasting? (with 3 meals)
*4-6 small meals a day?

What has given YOU the best results?
Thanks for your input!

Diana3271 08-15-2017 10:01 PM

HI Everyone! :wave:

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

I am trying to get some extra exercise in this week due to the vacation gain.
TF Fire 55
20 minutes treadmill
20 minutes bike