Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 05:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Ronda!

Its been a quiet weekend. I'm studying for a test on Friday but its so nice outside. I'll get in a bike ride and a dog walk before the day is out.

Have a great afternoon and let's hit it hard this next week. Time is a wastin'

Old 09-07-2003, 08:53 PM   #17  

Yes I did! I got my bike out for a 40 minute ride. It was only a 7 mile ride and it wasn't necessarily pretty but I did it. As soon as Sex and the City is over, I'll be walking the dog for our 1.5 mile walk.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:18 PM   #18  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Angry pretty good wekend....

Well, I bought a bike, didn't ride it today because it rained most of the day (thank heavens, because we need all the moisture we can get). BUT there will be nice days enough to ride it.

Did well on the food, and did some exercise yesterday. Friday I worked with the evil trainer (yeah!!!), and he and I are back on our regular 3-4x a week schedule starting this week. And since TOM is here, I doubt that my monday morning weigh in will show a loss, but that's the way it is every month, so no biggie.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

psm
Old 09-08-2003, 10:41 PM   #19  

Today was a good OP day. Good with food and lots of exercise. 36 minutes on the spinner, dog walk for 1.5 miles and morning toning exercises with the 8 lb weights.

Feeling all jazzed.

Plus, I stayed away from the snack machine today!

Have a great day tomorrow bootcampers!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #20  
this time I mean it!!!

Default almost hump day!

I did really well the past couple days - I'm back to working with the evil trainer, and if it's possible I think he's gotten even MORE evil! And now the gym we train at is a very small private gym, and the evil trainers usually outnumber me, and all evil!!!

And since I need a place to swim and do aerobic stuff when I'm not working with the evil trainer, and since I'm so pissed at the gym that fired him, I'm looking for a new gym. And I think I found a winner at the big YMCA down near my neck of the woods. It's a bit more expensive each month, but they have more stuff - including Pilates classes. So I'm going to check them out this weekend and maybe join up.

psm
Old 09-09-2003, 10:22 PM   #21  

Hi ladies!

Good for you, Pam, at getting back at it with the trainer - evil or not! Cool that you bought a bike. What kind?

I got mine out tonight and rode for 43 minutes. Just a little over 7 miles. After dinner, I walked the dog.

Food has been good too. I am determined to make progress this month. Two days avoiding the vending machine at work! Once I get out of the habit, I'm okay but sheesh, once I start its hard to break again.

I'm not sure what exercise I'll do tomorrow. I may just get up and do my toning exercises and give my knees a break. We have church class tomorrow night so I probably won't try to race home and get some exercise in - think I'll plan on sticking with the dog walk. I'll do some spinner work or ride outside on Thursday.

I did notice tonight that while hills were a struggle it wasn't because I was winded or had no strength in my legs. More like I wasn't hitting the right gear and lost all momentum. Several times, I was able to dig in and use more muscle to get it going. Something I'll have to relearn. This is all signs that the spinner work has been worthwhile. Progress!

Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #22  

Hi gang
Old 09-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #23  

Hi gang

I am giving myself off tonight. We have church class and I'll walk the dog when we get home. I consider that a sanity move more than exercise sometimes!

Anyway, I've got our food all logged. While overall, I'm underbudget, its because of the exercise. I seem to be over my calorie budget a little bit each of the last two days.

Now, I'm wondering. As long as I'm underbudget overall, do I care that much about being over? Balance log calculates that I should be able to eat 1830 calories a day to meet my goal of losing just over a pound a week. It does not seem to adjust for planned exercise. If I'm achieving my exercise goal of 6 hours a week, then if I'm eating 2000 on average, wouldn't I be okay? I'm thinking that I need enough calories to keep up the exercise.

Any thoughts? I don't want to starve myself and don't want to be plateauing either.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 09-10-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:04 AM   #24  

I got on the scale this morning and it said 250! Almost into new numbers if I can hang on and not start being stupid.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:30 AM   #25  
this time I mean it!!!

Way to go Terri! I'm so envious - I can't wait till I see 250!

As for my bike, I bought a Raleigh M40 Mountain Bike - and had a cushy gel seat added. I'm taking it out Sunday for it's inaugural ride - if it's not raining or snowing that is.....

One more day till the weekend!!!!

psm
Old 09-12-2003, 07:30 AM   #26  

Hello!

I found us way down on page two of the thread list.

Where are the MIA bootcampers? Don't give up now, we're not halfway so there is still time to meet goals. Every effort helps in this long journey. Get your butts in gear!

I don't have a moutain bike; its more of a cross between a road bike and a hybrid. I have not tried trail riding like through the woods type of up and down hills riding. Guess that would be considered mountain biking.

Get up all the great work Pam. I'm envious of your total loss. I feel like I've worked for so long for a 20+ lb loss. Yet, why would I think that 20 pounds is nothing much?

The weekend is upon us and usually when we lose control by not exercising or eating too much. Let's make goals to get us through the weekend without too much damage. I'll do an hours work of exercise both Saturday and Sunday and while I know I'll eat more; I'll keep it to within 10% overage on my daily budget.

Have a great Friday!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:06 PM   #27  
this time I mean it!!!

Hi there!

Let's see, my goals for the weekend:

1. WATER! I'm barely drinking 96oz a day lately - I'm aiming for 150 today, tomorrow and Sunday.

2. Exercise - Tonight with the evil trainer, Cardio tomorrow, and both swimming and cardio on Sunday. Also, if the weather stays nice, take the new bike out for a ride on Sunday.

3. Food - this one may be tough, I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for a movie and dinner....so, no popcorn at the movie, no booze at dinner, and try to have a light dinner (at my favorite mexican resturant - that's gonna be tough).

Happy Friday!

psm
Old 09-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #28  

Since I am new to this and it is the middle of the month I will take it lower on the pound side. My goal is to be down 4 pounds. I go to the "y", swim and will continue to walk. I am up to 5.22 miles and it isn't over yet I think I have had about 850 for calories, ending with about 1300 for the day. I also journal. I also have a doctors visit in November and hope to be down more.
starting wt: 173 lbs 9/12/03
Old 09-13-2003, 10:21 PM   #29  

Welcome Fern!

Not much to report today. It was a rainy day and we spent too much of it with the MIL and not enough time at home.

Tomorrow will be better.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #30  
this time I mean it!!!

Default weekend...

Well, things didn't quite go as planned for this weekend...work interferred Friday night, and I was busier Saturday than I thought I would be. But I did get that bike ride in this morning, and then the puppy got to take two long walks, one up in the mountains. So I'll call it a successful weekend after all.

psm
Closed Thread