Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #1  

Default "Weight loss support" DIET PILLS??

Hello guys, so I've read all of your comments about fasting and Their were alot of good points..I don't wanna do that in fear of going into starvation mode. However I've recently talked to a friend about diet pills, water weight loss pills and I was wondering if u guys could help me in finding a good one? Or your experiences on using them? Do they really work? If I stop taking them will I gain the weight back?? Is it healthy to take diet weight loss pills?
Aliciababe19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:54 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Weight loss pills do not help with the loss of body fat for human beings. None of them!

They do make a great deal of money for those who sell them - thus they'll always be with us.

The folks who've had most success on 3FC chose an eating plan and an exercise plan and follow it regularly. As in, ALL THE TIME. It works, it's difficult, and it takes time. But it also lasts.

There are a number of groups here supporting different plans.

I recommend you find one that feels like it'll fit you; join it; and move forward.

I wish you well on your journey.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #3  

I think diet pill are not safe . Try eating a balance diet instead and also daily excecise
augustineagyeimensah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #4  
Picapiedra

S/C/G: 220/188/196 (Covid) /175

Height: 1.70

No Alicia, I would say NO to pills! Unless you double-check they are just made with natural ingredients, .... mmmm.... maybe. That is my respectful opinion. However, maybe we both can learn something from some other colleagues here in the forum about it. Please... somebody.... enlight us!

On the other hand, intermittent fasting is amazing. It has been working great for me, and there is a lot of information and research about it. If you let me share a friendly thought with you, devote some time to google about intermittent fasting. I believe it is a long-term healthy solution. I do 16/8.

Cheers,
Picapiedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

I have tried a few of the OTC diet pills over the years. None of them did a thing to help my weight loss. As another poster said, they are simply easy money for the manufacturers because they know people would rather take a pill than do the work, but in the long run the only way to lose is to "do the work" day in, day out. I occasionally fast for 24 - 36 hours but honestly it took me ten years to find the right way of eating (for me) and right exercise balance to lose and lose consistently and safely. The fact is there is NO EASY FIX. You have to want to be healthier and thinner enough to stop the short term desires and keep your eye on the long term goal.
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/176/145

Height: 5 feet 5inch tall

Hi Aliciababa 19

I would say- speak to your doctor about your concerns sounding taking diet pills. I just came off of a 3 day. I tried fasting to lose weight and I experience feeling sluggish and sick to my stomach. There is a lot of good information concerning the pros and cons of taking diet pill. The more you know about taking diet pills the better it will be to make a decision as weather to take diel pills to lose weight, water or both. It's good that your seeking answers. .Of course taking pill to lose weight is like asking the pill to reprogram your brain to perform a task that you are totally in battle with, could be a huge battle to over come.. Nevertheless, there are answers to your questions and you will find them.
1helpigotyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

what bill said !

if there was a magic pill that cured human obesity it would be splashed all over the front page of every newspaper and search engine, instead of a full page ad (with lots of exclamation points) in a crappy magazine or tabloid.
noble prizes would be awarded. the obesity pandemic would be over.

don't be a victim of snake-oil salesmen. slow and steady wins the race here.

p.s. fad diets DO work, short term. been there, done that. they are not sustainable and every single pound comes back when you go off the diet, which you WILL, and in fact SHOULD do, sooner rather than later.

hope you choose the tried and true approach. good luck.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:24 PM   #8  

Default Not really

As for me ..i was afraid to try diet pills ..
Isharasli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #9  

yes instead of a full page ad (with lots of exclamation points) in a crappy magazine or tabloid.

noble prizes would be awarded. the obesity pandemic would be over.

do not be like a victim of snake-oil salesmen. slow and steady wins the race here.

Note. fad diets do work, short term. been there, done that. they are not sustainable and every single pound comes back when you go off the diet, which you will, and in fact SHOULD do, sooner rather than later.

wish you choose the tried and true approach. Good luck
James23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #10  

Default I agree

I agree. Correctly chosen diet plans and consistent physical exercises are the best way to lose weight.
Dr.Anahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #11  

Diet pills are generally fine especially those that have been around for a long time and have positive reviews.
lexywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #12  

have to be mindful of side effects
pjolicoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciababe19 View Post
Hello guys, so I've read all of your comments about fasting and Their were alot of good points..I don't wanna do that in fear of going into starvation mode. However I've recently talked to a friend about diet pills, water weight loss pills and I was wondering if u guys could help me in finding a good one? Or your experiences on using them? Do they really work? If I stop taking them will I gain the weight back?? Is it healthy to take diet weight loss pills?
It can be very tricky but you have to know your body and see whats good for you.
G3nahsyde1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #14  

This forum is wonderful!!
luciane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'7

yeah It is good to take diet pills
Jenniifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alicia babe