3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   December 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/311588-december-2016-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Zoniegirl 12-22-2016 10:42 PM

12/22/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well this evening.

Just wanted to be accountable for my day. I had gone grocery shopping earlier in the week and picked up some goodies. And I did it again...no self-control when it comes to things that I think are yummy. I've got to come to the realization (yet AGAIN) that I can't have it in the house or at least within eyeshot.

It is very strange because I almost forgot I had the stuff. Then, I remembered and did the head game of telling myself I will have just one and then the binge was on. So, I'm 1,500 over calorie goal for today. :?: I recovered and didn't eat anything for lunch and had an on plan dinner.

In addition, it was raining today so I didn't get my usual walk in for today on the day I really needed to burn off some of those extra calories. For 2017, my goal is to live and self-actualize the Serenity Prayer...God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. I think this is the only way I can make peace with my eating.

Steps for today - 7,884.

Hope everyone had a better day than I did. Tomorrow is a new day, let's do this! :carrot:

Weekend Boater 12-22-2016 10:44 PM

Hi ladies :) I am drunk and that is where I want to be right now lol

We went back to Winfrey's and got 6 more lbs. of fudge! My family loves it and that is good enough for me. DH got a few chocolates and I obliged, it was no big deal! I had two pieces of chocolate.

I am indeed drinking tonight in that I am having hot coffee's and jamesone and I feel like I am flying! lol We decided to do something on New Years Eve and qute frankly, in my boat it depends how I do from now until then, I gave myself permission for this and will for that IF I finish out the month on a good note, we will see what happens.

I did do a monthly weigh in thing but for me it means sticking to it so I will not post any successes until end of month.

My goal is to take it to the end of the month. Not weigh in as long as long as I can help it! I already have my plan for at ma's and I intend to enjoy myself but it will be still at my set time! The thing I am doing differenty is not coming back home and eating another meal! I will save that for the next day and yes I am planning for that very next evening,I plan to make fish. My goal is really to stay steady until months end, and or, lose another .7 if possible but one thing at a time! Thanks again for being here!
It is a tough week I know, let's come right back and get going for January!
A big hugggggggggg

flower123 12-22-2016 10:51 PM

hi everyone
Sorry I have not been around in a while. Do I get credit for thinking of you? Yes, you were thought of many times. Just have been a bit worn. The strep has taken a lot of energy. Still in my sinuses. May go on a second round of rx antibiotics. Not sure yet if it is definitely needed.

I will just jump in 2 pages back with personals. Go from there to most current one.

Nancymrn I am sorry alcohol causes you to gain. I have read one theory that says drinking enough water can mitigate any associated water retention. I know this does not follow intuitive logic. But it is what I have read.

Weekend Boater good to meet you. Sounds like you have lots of good things going on for the holidays. You sound very busy in a happy way. your food strategy for this weekend sounds great. Eating But not coming home and eating another meal. Waiting for the next day.

Kelijpa, I am with you re: counting down the days until spring. I have my little sunset sunrise and temperature guide that I often pull out during these cold snowy dark days. Counting and calculating.

Teri000 Congratulations in "nipping in the bud" the eating. Great going. I know what you mean about not being able to have chocolates in dishes in the house. I had to put my chocolates way up in my garage. Out of reach without an effort

Scotsgal yayyyyyyyyyy :cheer3: congratulations on the 170s way to go !!!!!

Sundove I do know all too well about food withdrawal. I know you can do it. Oh how easy it is to make eating fattening foods the default. Going back eating for health mode. I TOTALLY hear ya re gaining those precious seconds., minutes of light at the end of the day. I have a magazine that the local news weather dept sold 20 years ago. Each page is a calendar with sunset and sunset times written for each day. Along with normal highs and lows. Believe me, it is my constant guide during these days. I have had to tape the pages. Because they were so worn out :lol: Where I live the temps will continue to drop through most of January. And then stay steady for manyyyy weeks. So I do follow those highs and lows in the magazine ca lender.

Diana Congratulations on the .2 loss. Every bit is important and welcomed. Re: the black pants fitting different. The only redistribution I had of body mass due to menopause is a thicker waist. But I never had much of a waist anyway. I was born waistless and stayed that way :lol: Do you know anyone who could give you exercises that target that specific area?

Rustylush good to meet you. Wishing you all the best going back to Ontario to your mother's house for Christmas. Being around tempting food can be so difficult when trying to lose weight.

MonteCristo great story about the Christmas wrapping. I so relate to losing the scissors and tape. Re: the bows, I cannot really do that because bows would damage my greeting cards which is what I send to people as gifts. So I use ribbon and big adhesive glittery stars from Michaels. Bows can be much prettier. But I do not use them when wrapping my cards. I LOVE making pretty wrapped presents.

Gettinfit yes, I hear ya. If I made cookies and no one was there with me, I too would eat them all. I used to make sugar cookies from the roll and frost them with icing sugar and lemon juice. With a bit of butter added in to tame the sharpness.

Diana great that you have made reservations for the holiday. Have you ever been to this place before? I know you liked the one last year. But this one has the added benefit of being half the price. Great idea to go on the drinks to prepare for the holiday foods. Your sig is great.

HanneCat good to meet you. great that you are caught up on sleep and can now exercise.

Zoniegirl amazing to read about turning on the A/C. Amazing how AZ is warm this time of year. Last weekend our temps were bitter cold. Big warm up is in the mid 30s. :lol: Your Christmas proteins sound delicious. Crab legs and prime rib. Great that you are exercising.

JulesMarion the very short times of daylight must be quite difficult in the Alaskan Winter. Must be challenging. On the other hand, you get to see the northern lights when the sky is clear. I have tried to imagine what it feels like to stand outside and feel them. I think there is going to be a lot of solar storms in the coming days. I hope the northern lights are beautiful for you to see. 30 degrees below zero already? and I thought our 3 below low temp last week was bad. Thank you for the perspective.

JesikaBeth I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

A neighbor called me to say that her DH was coming to deliver a Christmas gift. It was my personal nightmare in a Christmas bag. A WHOLE carrot cake. Now, I live alone. And it was night time. Too late to give the thing away. It was one layer round 9 inch. With lots of cream cheese frosting. I had two pieces and then remembered I cannot have dairy because of the sinuses. So then I scraped off all the frosting. Taking a bit of the cake with it. Down the drain. Then I put the remainder on a plate and ate it. It was pretty good. When I called the wife to thank her, she told me that it did not come from the place that I said makes good carrot cake sold by the piece. Because twice her husband tried to find it there. But could not find it. So he bought it at another place. She said that for that reason, she still owes me a piece from the good place. I said "oh no dear heart. I will be eating this one for a month. Please no need to get me more. Plus this is just as delicious as that one". Holy .... the last thing I need is more carrot cake. I can feel the sinuses screaming in horror that I ingested cream cheese. The rest of my body is just saying, ugh, more sugar. :dizzy: :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has an awesome Christmas. Solstice, done. Santa is getting ready for his big ride. wishing you all much joy and love <3

Diana3271 12-22-2016 10:58 PM

Flower Hi :wave: It's good to see you. I'm sorry you are still dealing with that awful strep. Sending healing and healthy thoughts your way. I have never been to this particular hotel. Hopefully it's as nice as it looks. Here's a picture of one of the pools. I love swimming! https://www.facebook.com/holidayinnb...vOUmgg&theater I am torn between thinking it's menopause/hormones and maybe lifting heavier weights doesn't agree with my body. Who knows, LOL.

Teri000 12-23-2016 02:23 AM

December 2016 goals

Hello,

Wt. is back down a little. I think I will have to have a couple of really strict days each week, if I want to lose weight. I don't like that. I'm doing baby steps. Wish I could take some giant leaps.

Zonie: thinking about you. Been there. Done it. Will do it again. Will recover from it. Much easier said than done. Overall you have been doing so well...

I guess Oprah is doing well again. Good for her...good for her business.

216/218/214/209.2/210.8/209

EXERCISE: walked 40 min.
DIET: used food mover, junk food: chocolate covered strawberry, one piece of Ghiardelli's, one pack of gummies, one fiber bar, 3 half coffees, one diet lemonade...It is a good thing when I can remember every piece of junk food I eat. Been cooking brown rice lately. Been a long time since I did that. Have had unopened chocolate milk in the fridge for 3 days! Not consuming enough fruits and veggies.
OTHER: mailed package.

GOALS: use food mover. Trying to postpone junk food consumption to later in the day.

kelijpa 12-23-2016 06:15 AM

Good morning all,

Survived the latest holiday party, DH and I are heading on a little road trip, stopping to see our parents on the way. Should be fun, trying for Assateague Island, may have a little rain, but supposedly not much. Diana we're taking Hunter for the first time, will let you know how it goes :D :twirly:

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Kwanzaa whatever you celebrate, if you celebrate, I wish you the best :sunny: :grouphug:

Teri000 12-23-2016 07:34 AM

HoHoHo

Hello (again),

I know it has been only 4 hours...but...My body works in mysterious ways. I made my second goal...finally. I can't explain how I can sleep and drop 2 pounds in such a short time. It's an early Xmas gift to myself.

216/218/214/209/208.8/204

Happy Holiday!

Kelipa Your trip sounds fun! Will you see some ponies?
Wkboater, I won a bottle of sparkling wine at a club I belong to. I plan to take it to a family party. I think there will be enough for everyone to have a glass which is fine with me. Don't want the bubbles to go to waste. I really like hard limeade and I used to get a case as a gift for Xmas each year. Two years ago I asked for some sparkling fruity alcoholic sodas...I don't really care for them and most have been sitting in the basement. I don't think the food bank would take them...It is better if I can have a discerning taste as far as what I put in my body.

Diana3271 12-23-2016 08:22 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Kelijpa
Have a great trip. I hope Hunter does well and enjoys it, too.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1355 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 172
Up: .2 <--Not bad with the sodium from Chipotle.

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

MonteCristo 12-23-2016 08:33 AM

I have very little to say today, except I baked 10 dozen cookies last night and didn't eat a single one (or dough). So that is my victory for the day!

Diana3271 12-23-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 5291315)
I have very little to say today, except I baked 10 dozen cookies last night and didn't eat a single one (or dough). So that is my victory for the day!

Awesome and great job! :bravo:

Weekend Boater 12-23-2016 10:19 AM

Good morning everyone! :) No sleep for the wicked around here! lol I went to bed late and DH was in the bedroom waking me up early threatening to go to Macy's without me! lol Nice to wake up to the sunshine! I plan to go to bed early tonight to feel good for ma's tomorrow and the grocery shopping and errands I have to do.

I am ok with last night because I gave myself permission and I plan to finish out the month OP. I got my numbers wrong last night, I meant .3 but honestly I will be happy to maintain by months end, I will keep on going and see where I land. I know some of you are upset, please don't be right now....and remember ladies that we have 6 days after Christmas too to finish out the month! Wishing you all a happy holiday season.

Flower It is so nice to meet you :) and yes, I am happy this year. Last year was pretty horrible, all of our holiday's were shot, oh god, I don't even want to think about it....it's in the past now and everything ended up panning out well in the end, just a lot of stress and now I am so thankful to be enjoying a peaceful time and for everything else. I hope you feel better. LOL at the neighbor wanting to get you more cake! smiling Hope you feel better and have a great Christmas.

Teri yayyyyy! :carrot: congrats on the loss! I am so happy for you, that is super! :) Congrats on making your goal! As for the bubbles, I do love champagne in summer with a dash of O.j! I hardly drink them now Teri, it is an extreme stimulant for me, I literally will not sleep all night if I drink champagne, go figure! I don't think I have seen hard limeade, hm. That's nice your bringing the bubbles to your family, I hope you have a great time and congrats again on meeting that goal.

Zonie yesterday is history now and tis' a new day indeed! Wishing you a great one girl!

Monte nice going! :carrot:

keli that sounds great! :) enjoy your holiday with DH and the time spending with your parents.

nancy hang in there girl and have a wonderful holiday season!

Diana My bod has changed, being laid up for so many months didn't help either although I plan on fighting fire with fire! I absolutely do! I think it's great your doing weights! lol at no one died yet at chipolte's! hahah :) hope you and Dh had a nice night out!

GettinFit your menu looks excellent yesterday! Don't let those stupid cookies get you down, it's a new day and wishing you a good one.

sorry if I missed anyone, I want to wish you all a great day and happy holiday. NOW it is my turn to go bug DH! lol ;)

nancylmrn 12-23-2016 10:27 AM

good morning ladies!
Since I started with Atkins on Oct 17, 2016 I have kept a journal of my emotions and log of my daily weigh ins. I am so glad I did Most times I so thought I have been in a mostly positive place but I did notice some dark times. So if I came in here with negativity I want to apologize. I do realize this is more than weight loss, it is a life changer and these bumps in, at least my road have some pot holes.

speaking of post holes.....down .6 today 172.2

Weekend Boater 12-23-2016 10:39 AM

nancy hey you hugs. Omg please don't apologize! We all have our days and times and it's part of the journey, the potholes in general are in life too...sometimes big ditches! I think your fantastic! You come and write no matter what is going on, that takes courage and spunk! I love to read your news, all of it! I am sure the others feel the same! I keep a journal too but have been bad with it lately!!

Weekend Boater 12-23-2016 10:41 AM

and congrats on being down today! :)

Diana3271 12-23-2016 10:54 AM

Nancy Congrats on the .6! :carrot: Please post whatever you have going on. That's exactly what the check-in is about. It's about life and trying to change things in a positive way with whatever we have going on. Every day is not perfect so we still have to get through those less than perfect days. And I have had my share of rants and not so positive things on here, too. :lol: