Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #1  

Default I look huge without clothes on?

In a year I went down from 236 to 183. I was a size 20-22 now I am a size 14. People have told me I look really good and stuff but when I get out of the shower I have so much stomach fat I easily look like I weigh at least 250. I'm not kidding. Today I was trying on jeans and it was really bad. I have a huge amount of stomach fat even though I lost 53 pounds. It's like I didn't even loose any weight but When I put my clothes on l look like I lost a lot of weight. Will things get better or will I always have an enormous amount of stomach fat? My mother doesn't understand and says "well your the only one who will see you without clothes on." But it is really discouraging. I have 48 more pounds to loose. When I weighed 160 before I also had an enormous amount of stomach fat. I diet and take long walks. What should I do? Will I still have this at 135 pounds?

Last edited by Harrypotterrocks; 11-11-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Harrypotterrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #2  

Hey Harrypotterocks,

Dropping 53 pounds is an amazing job. So, first of all, well done. Don't be discouraged that you've not got to the body you want yet.

When it comes to fat, everyone is different. Your body will burn off stores of fat from certain places on your body first, before touching others. Whether it is your arms, legs, bum or stomach. Some people will lose weight from their stomach first but keep it on their bum for longer. Others will be like yourself where your stomach could be the last to go.

The important thing is to realise that your process is working. You're losing weight and burning off the fat. As long as you keep on with the same routine you've developed you will lose it.

Sometimes, it may not always be apparent what's happening with your body, especially when you look at yourself every day. So try and keep track - get a measuring tape and measure your waist. Then, after a couple of weeks, measure it again to check on your progress. (Just don't do it everyday, as your weight can fluctuate in the short-term depending on what you've eaten/physical exercise etc and provide inaccurate results across the long term).

Just note down the size changes and this can show you how much progress you are making, even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

daveyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Daveyt is right on! The other thing I have found is that the looser a certain bit of fat is, the more likely it is to get smaller. What I've read on the internet is people say it takes a couple of weeks from when the fat gets loose, but that hasn't been the case for me - it takes a lot longer (like months). First, my legs looked awful, much worse than before I started losing. I even posted a thread asking about it. Now here I am a year later and they look a lot better. Right now, my stomach is terrible, but I'm taking encouragement from my legs. There's a theory that your fat cells have already given up the fat, but have taken on water in an attempt to retain their size. Maybe that's what you and I have going on? I like to think it is! Also, I have begun doing some Pilates work that'll tighten the muscles in my stomach/core. I'm hoping that will also firm me up. You're doing awesome. Don't stop!!!

Last edited by Treasa; 11-14-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote