Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #1  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

Default advice

I have been at 215 now for over 3 weeks. My caloric intake is always less than my calories burned, I get plenty of sleep, drink a ton of water, take multivitamins, and my job, I am walking constantly, back and forth in a school...not at a slow pace, ending up walking over 2.5 miles per day...I eat the right kind of foods, fruits, veggies, proteins....but NOTHING is coming off now matter how hard I try.

My friend told me that the reason I'm not losing weight is because I don't want it bad enough. That I'm not trying hard enough. He said I should be on the treadmill everyday ,running until I can't breath and im sweating buckets until I can't take it anymore and tears are streaming down my face because i'm in so much pain. That shows how much I want to lose weight.
That sounds just awful.....I don't think I could EVER see myself doing that......
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Ignore your friend. He's being dramatic and not very helpful. Weight loss is only 10% exercise, 90% diet. Plus if you did that, you'd probably be so sore and hungry the next day that the whole process would be pointless.

Sometime we are too generous with our food. We track it but we don't measure very accurately. So watch out for that. I use a kitchen scale on just about everything I eat, I even have a little tiny one that fits in my purse! Lol

This is will sound counter productive, but taking a couple days off and eating at maintenance level calories rather than your usual deficit will often kick start you out of a plateau. With your stats you should be able to eat around 1900 calorie per day without gaining. Maybe have 2-3 days where you eat that much. Have a treat or two, but don't go hog wild. If I've been restricting a lot, then I go have pizza one night, I usually drop 3lbs the next day. This could be just me, but it may be worth a try if you are really stuck.

Also, I'm a huge proponent of strength training. Not only is a a great workout, but it builds muscle so that your body naturally burns more calories even when you are just sitting around. But it has to be real strength training. "Toning" with 3lb dumbells aren't going to do much except take up your time.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-15-2016 at 01:44 PM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #3  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Hey,

I have been at 214 for 3-4 weeks now. Then 1 week ago (Saturday) I ordered 21 day fix by beachbody and started loosely following it using information from the internet and I have already lost 5.5 pounds in 7 days. It could be water weight for me but that would be odd as I already lost that in January. Basically the idea of the program is portion control and clean eating. Everything is in a category (veggies, fruits, protein, carbs, healthy fats, nuts/seeds/dressings, oils) and you get so many of each category (I never eat all my containers because I'm always too full). The rules are if it's on the list and it fits in the container you can eat it. So to do it without actually having to buy the program, google "21 day fix food list" and you should be able to find an image of it like I did. If you focus on clean eating, the pounds will literally melt off. I also bought a food scale to ensure the information I am logging into myfitnesspal is as accurate as possible. In addition to the eating part, I walk on the treadmill for 30 mins every day. No running just walking.
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:27 AM   #4  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

That can be so frustrating! I know for me it makes me wanna tear my hair out.

I second the advice to ignore your friend. His idea is not sustainable. It's like going on a crash diet or starvation diet - something's gonna give at some point. No. Slower and healthy is, well, healthier.

I tend to try two things when I've been sitting at a weight for way too long (with no other explanation). I either take one day and relax and drink water, eating nothing until dinner (when I have a normal meal). Or else I eat a big meal (all calories accounted for) before mid-afternoon that's about 2/3 of my daily calories, and then a normal dinner. For some reason one or the other of these generally gets me moving again. I don't do either often, but when it's been weeks and my weight sticks (and I'm still tracking food carefully), I pick one.

Also, off topic, FYML, your avatar is amazing.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote