Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #1  

Default Will this work?

Hello,

I weight 100 kg and I want to be at 65 kg. So I need to lose 35 kg.

I started, design my own diet, counted the calories but I'm not so sure it will work, I mean, I know it will work, but I don't know if I would be able to follow through it. Please advise if my diet will work.

Breakfast
1 bottle soya milk unsweetened - 135 cals
5 egg white scramble no oil - 85 cals
ketchup - 20 cals
1 bread - 80 cals
fish oil and multivitamin - 35 cals
=355 cals

Lunch
1 bottle soya milk unsweetened - 135 cals
1/2 canned tuna - 90 cals
1 bread - 80 cals
salad leaf - 20 cals
ketchup - 20 cals
=345 cals

Dinner
7 spoon oats - 150 cals
milk - 170 cals
5 grapes - 30 cals
5 almonds - 30 cals
=380 cals

Total = 1,080 cals

I have tried above diet only for few days, and didn't really follow through all, because my mom made some food and I eat those instead of my meal plan.

I am not sure if I would be able to follow through my diet. My bmr is about 1800 cals/day. So, I should be eating about 1000 to 1200 /day, because I don't want to lose weight slowly either, but somewhere in the middle pace. I also was thinking if I should drink sweetened soya milk which is 195 calories in stead 135.

Btw, I just had a box of butter cookies of 510 calories. I need to get on track and stay on track. Just need some support.

One question I have is, would I be able to eat the same thing everyday? Have there been people who eat the same thing everyday for months? I don't want to be counting calories much.

Thanks

Last edited by kk3982; 06-28-2016 at 06:42 AM.
kk3982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #2  

I would say a plan that requires you to eat the exact same thing every day with no variation is probably going to be very difficult to stick to. I would work on coming up with a list of foods that you can keep on hand and choose between when you're hungry - some days maybe it's tuna, some days maybe chicken, some days maybe yogurt, etc. Track your calories and make sure to keep a variety of healthy foods on hand that you can eat when you need a meal or snack. Even not as healthy foods are ok in small portions - I would get a food scale if you don't already have one and make sure to weigh everything before you eat it.

I would maybe work on a weekly food plan instead of a daily one - giving yourself a variety of lunch and dinner options with a few different snack options as well. If you try to eat the same thing over and over you will get so sick of it. It also helps to feel like you have choices - you can have tuna OR an egg OR turkey. That's better than feeling like there's only one thing in the world you can eat.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Floridagirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote