Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 05:47 PM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down 300+ and Ready to Try Again....#389

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hi Again!!!
I posted a message on the last thread and realized I was post # 30 so I came back to start the new thread!!! Go back and catch up on anything you may have missed!!!

Don't forget about chat tonight!!! (not sure if I'll make it, but I'll try to stop in)

Later...
Barb
Old 08-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #3  

Thumbs up DANG I HATE THAT!!!

Once again, I am for some reason not getting my e-mail notifications!!!! I know "to dependent!!!"

Today is my baby's birthday.....I can't believe she is 6. Her party is on Sunday at the pool but today we wanted to make it a little special too, so we took her out to her favorite restuaruant. Ok, its a diner....but she loves it, and we told her to get whatever she wanted and what does she get??? Grilled Cheese Sandwich and french fries..... gotta love a 6 year olds tastes. Then we let her have one of her presents, we got her a AM/FM CD player music box (purple) and a CD of kids songs. She loves music. Now she will have to wait for the rest on Sunday.

Well gotta run, it is almost time for chat and I will go pop over and see whos there.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

OK I was in and out of chat for the past 40 minutes and no one was there....where the heck is everyone???

HEELLLOOOO!!
Old 08-13-2003, 11:52 PM   #5  

Good Evening Girls,

Michelle, I couldn't be at chat tonight because I was at work, may try to catch you all on Sat night, I work day shift so should be able to see some of you there..

WELCOME SOON2BEHOTTIE!! I LOVE THE NAME! SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE COME TO JOIN US, THIS IS A GREAT GROUP OF GALS, AND AN ACTIVE THREAD, YOU WILL GET LOTS OF LOVE, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT HERE AND SOMETIMES YOU WILL GET A GOOD SWIFT KICK IN THE REAR, BUT LOVINGLY THOUGH!! I COULDNT IMAGINE MY DAY WITHOUT THEM EITHER. I READ AND TRY TO POST EVERY MORNING AND EVERY EVENING BEFORE BEDTIME, AND WHEN I AM OFF OR IF I WORK THE AFTERNOON SHIFT, I CK IN MANY TIMES DURING THE DAY, IT HELPS KEEP ME IN FOCUS, AND ON PROGRAM!!...AGAIN, MANY MANY WELCOMES! COME BACK OFTEN !

Peek, partying huh? your daughter is so cute, is she in 1st grade?? glad you all had a good time!

It was a good on-program day for me, and a good day at work, got a raise, and a very good evaluation. made the rest of the day go by so fast, feels good to hear you are doing a good job and you are appreciated.

talk to you in the morning chickies!!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Thanks for the welcome. I welcome any comments, suggestions, words of encouragement at any time! And I know that I need that good swift kick in the rear at times!

I have my appointment at Curves tomorrow morning and am looking forward to it. Right now I am trying to figure out which weight loss plan will be best for me and I think that I am going to try the low carb approach. I have been checking out Atkins and I think that it might work for me. What is everyone else doing?

Peek - Aren't 6-year-olds just a hoot?!?! My girls turned 8 in April and we did their birthday at a Chuch E Cheese type pizza place.
But the place that we went to is also geared towards adults, so it doesn't seem like such a kid place. We had 23 kids and 32 adults. The only time we seemed to see the kids is when they wanted to eat and when they were out of quarters! The girls had a blast though.

Well, gotta get some work done sometime today, so might at well start now. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:25 AM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

On this Thankful Thursday I am thankful for so many things... especially the fact that this afternoon I will see my family!!! I only get to see them about 2-3 times a year.

My flight leaves Philadelphia at 1:00 and I get to FL at 4:15 with a short layover in Atlanta. I will be staying with my mom and dad and just spending time with the family until Monday afternoon. Depending on the weather we are hoping to get in some boating and beach time. I'll do that with my brother's family. Mom and I will do some shopping and Dad got me a pass for the gym so I can go work out with him.

I'm sure I'll check in here over the weekend!

Have a great day!!

Barb
Old 08-14-2003, 09:29 AM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Soon2bHottie ---
You snuck in while I was posting.

Good job going to Curves - that's a great start... In terms of eating plans I am doing low-fat, limited carbs, counting calories.... no specific plan. I journal everything that goes into my mouth and track calories, fat, carbs, fiber & protein. I also exercise 5-6 times a week for about 45 minutes. Usually walking on the treadmill.

You said your girls turned 8 --- do you have twins??? That was quite a birthday party you had!

Barb
Old 08-14-2003, 09:41 AM   #10  

Exclamation Busy, Busy, Busy

Hello All. Yikes, it's been a crazy week. With Tom and I fighting (we made up) and then trying to prepare for an interview I have tomorrow it's been nuts. I've neglected all of you

So I've been a very bad healthy person. I haven't worked out once this week, and last night I ate like a piggy. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. I'm looking forward to the end of Friday so I can get back to my normal routine. I've been lurking around reading up on everyone though. I see we have a new threader...

Welcome Soon2bHottie ! This truly is a great thread to be a part of. You'll find the ladies here are a warm bunch always ready to give support when you need it!

Barb,
Enjoy your trip, it sound wonderful! I'll be thinking of you.

Pjk,
Your post was sooooo positive. I'm glad because some of it rubbed off on me! I don't ever get a chance to chat, it seems like when ever I do there is no one there.

Sandy,
Happy Birthday to your little bean!

Hello to everyone else! I'll check back to see what I can catch.
OH, I almost forgot. Someone was talking about the dreaded UTI. I used to get them all the time after "big n tasty" then, a friend told me that if you pee right after the "big n tasty" it flushes out any bacteria. Since I've found out that little trick, I haven't had an infection. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Remember me?

Could you ever forget? I sure do miss you guys.... like you wouldn't believe! I don't know how much I'm going to be able to catch up in this post... I've read all of thread #387, I'm printing #388 as we speak to read during lunch and I'm posting on #389 now.

So here's the update on my computer.... my friend's hubby came out (the one who builds computers for a living) and told me it was either the power source or the motherboard. (the EXACT same thing thin's son told me too) Anyways, he brought out a new power source and it still did the same thing, so we have narrowed it down to the motherboard. I believe the part runs anywhere from $50-$100 and I have another friend who has "connections" and is getting me one this weekend and then we'll have it put in. I will be so glad. I miss you guys like crazy!

Football season has started back up in Tennessee and I'm already running crazy. (son #2 is playing for the local park and recreation) One thing that is nice though..... while Trey is practicing, me and Brian (son #1) go walking around the track that surrounds the football field, so I get in some exercising while Trey is practicing.... kinda kills two birds with one stone, plus it breaks up the monotony of doing the WATP all the time.

Sooooo, what else? Well, let's see: Dh is now on first shift because his co-worker (the one that does his job on 1st) came down with shingles and they don't know how long he'll be out, so that puts him back on first for awhile, so I have no problem with that at all....(I actually got a good nights sleep last night) although I do feel bad for the guy with shingles. I have heard it is terrible.

Ok, on to replies:

First off.... I know I won't get to all of you because I missed the entire last thread, so I'm just responding to those that have posted so far. I hope you understand and I'm sure I don't have to tell you again how much I love you all.

Natalie: It's good to see you girl... Sorry you and db have been fighting....good to know you've made up. Good luck on the interview today. Also, remember....what's done is done. Don't dwell on it and get on to today. You CAN do it!

Barb:
Quote:
I journal everything that goes into my mouth and track calories, fat, carbs, fiber & protein. I also exercise 5-6 times a week for about 45 minutes. Usually walking on the treadmill.
My goodness! You sound like you are doing SO well!! Good for you! I'm very proud of you....what an inspiration you are. P.S. Glad that you get to see your family. I hope you have an awesome time.

Soon2bHottie: WELCOME to our little corner of the world! So happy to have you here with us! If you haven't figured it out yet, you have stumbled onto a group of some of the most diverse, loving, giving women on this site. We will be here for you rain or shine, thru good times or bad and through victory or defeat. A little personal info: My name is Tina and I live in Tennessee. I've been married for almost 16 years and have two boys....ages 15 and 10. I love coming here to be with my friends, (which I haven't been able to much lately due to computer trouble) reading, traveling and NASCAR! Yes... I know, I'm just a big ol' redneck, but I love it. Anything you need to know Nascar - related, just let me know. I'm your resident expert...... well, at least I think so!
Welcome aboard... I look forward to getting to know you!

Mary: Alright little lady.... front and center! Even though I haven't been here much lately, the last couple of post from you have been very short, so I'm wondering what's been going on with my southern friend. How are you doing? Is all ok?

Pam: Sounds like you had a pretty good day yesterday! Isn't it nice to know that you are appreciated... especially in the workplace. I used to have a job, that no matter how I tried, my boss never saw anything but the negative. (he was not fond of overweight people either) That is so tough, and I am so glad your people appreciate you. Congrats! I also appreciate what you said about the thread....it is SO true.

Michelle: Well, I'm sure you know why I wasn't in chat. Stupid computer... If I don't get it fixed soon, I'm going to go crazier than usual. And once again, I just have to say it.... SO good to see you here more often. I miss you lots when you're gone.

Sandy: Congrats on your daughters birthday.... I remember when "6" seemed old to me. *sniffing here* Of course, can you imagine how old I felt when I went to register my oldest for the 10th grade last week?! Now I feel truly old. Bless her heart though.... grilled cheese and fries..... truly a girl after my own heart.

Alright my sweet friends, I am out of here for now. This post has taken me quite awhile in between answering the phones and I have some more work to do. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow...

Same bat time, same bat channel.

Quote of the Day:

"You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set to accomplish....if you hold to that desire with a singleness of purpose." ~~ Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by QueenB; 08-14-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:01 PM   #12  

Hello All,

Barb--have a wonderful time on your trip, you are doing an awesome job with your program....keep it up chickie!! can't wait to here about your trip...I love Florida, I lived in Panama City for 5 years, had a ball...want to go back!!! I miss it terribly, I was only 15 mins from the beach, and it was especially nice after labor day, still warm, and all the tourists were gone

Tina glad to have you back, I hate those computer problems, fortunately I have only had a minor problem with mine since I have been posting here, and I was having terrible withdrawals, all of you are such the ADDICTION!!! BETTER THAN OVEREATING!!!THIS IS AN ADDICTION I CAN LIVE WITH!

Natalie, glad you and Tom made up, I was hoping you would besides I wouldn't get to here about what you were doing for your beginning of the month adventure, living vicariously through you!! Seriously though, I am pleased you were able to work things out.

Soon2behottie: I am thrilled that you came back, keep posting and reading!!! you will find it becomes something "you just have to do". my success depends on it so much!! I am so grateful to all of you gals, and Suzanne, Jennifer and Amy for creating such a fabulous forum!!! THIS IS THE BEST!!

Mary, call me or send me a private message!! Am I going to have to come down there to Mississippi and "wrasle you to the ground..."couldn't really do that....If I were to get on the ground I would probably just have to lie there, couldn't lift this big ole butt!!

already did my walking for the day, met a friend at the park and walked 2 laps, but it was hot!!!! so we came back to my house and did the 1 mile watp tape, she had to sit down at the 1/2 way mark, but I told her not to sweat it, when I first started i had to also, hopefully she will come over tomorrow and we can do it again, helps having a buddy...so that is my 1.5 miles today, may do one more mile before going to work if I can muster the strength!!

later girlies
Old 08-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #13  

Hey there girlies,
I'm at work and it is crazy. The boss lady is leaving for vacation and needs to be on a boat tonight and we get a call to open another 24/7 case. I don't know, I think sometimes people just assume we can pull workers out of our butts and put them into place? You can't just put anyone in on a private case in a persons home. Anyway, I called the boss lady and she is working on it......good luck to her.

Tina: Nice to see ya peeking in. I hope that it is the mother board and not that nasty worm thing going around. I did go and download the patch and hope that I don't get anything. Time walking with the son, that is great, important quality time. Football, I am such a woosy momma, I would be freaking out if Evan said he was gonna play football. Sometimes I am just so over protective and the "what ifs" just about kill my brain.

Soon2bHottie: Nice to meet you. Welcome to the thread. The girls are wonderful. Enjoy yourself and make yourself at home. We talk about everything and anything if you havn't noticed yet. Love your name by the way.

Pam: "Wow" you did a great work out today. You are doing so good, keep up the good work. Hope to chat with you soon.

Justme: Good luck on your interview. What are you interviewing for? You know we all have to know everything here.

Barb: I'm looking at the clock and its 12:35 here, which I think you are an hour earlier than me, but I'm sure you are at the airport for check in by now? Staying with Mommy and Daddy, it will be like being a kid again. LOL.....

Mary:

Quote:
I'm Here?????
What kind of post is that? Now, you know I have not acted like the posting police lately, but I'm here too.....lol.....How are you doing? Did you get your A/C fixed? It is so hot here today. We finally got rid of the muggies and fog, and traded it for sun and OMG 95 degree temps. Maine, you got to love our weather.

Okay, guess I've goofed off enough, really need to get back to the job....and I thought today was gonna be easy....

Sandy
Old 08-14-2003, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking First and Fourth day of School

Hi Friends
Today my little guy started school, I worry so much for him because of his weight and his asthma. I know he'll be ok but still , The good thing is that he will have the same teacher that my oldest son had about 11 years ago.
My daughter started school on Monday, at a small charter school. She went to this one last semester, but now most of her close friends are going to the public school. She said she felt alone but then she also wants to attend school where she can be successful. I have to say that this is not my choice of where she should go, but I do want her to feel that we support her in her choice.
My stepgranddaughter also started back to Jr high, but now she is one of the upper class so maybe she won't feel so shy, she is the brain our home, for the first semester last year she made honor roll which is a first for our family.
Not much happening for me, but I know that are things that gotta get done, like house cleaning, laundry and whatever else that my little slaves used to do. just kidding.
I'll be back later
Old 08-14-2003, 03:27 PM   #15  

Hidey howdy ho, everyone!

It is hot as Hades here and expected to last through the weekend, so unless I want to trigger an angina attack or two, I figure my workouts will be either done indoors or I am going to be getting up before dawn for my walks again in the meantime.

Tina: Nice to see you post. Hope to have your puter fixed soon; we all miss ya here!

Soon2be: Welcome to our little corner of the world. You'll love this thread; a lot of good insights have been found on here. Not to mention a lot of great ideas! I never miss a day of reading even when I don't post! Be warned though; there are a lot of Chatty Cathys on here !! (which can be a good thing)

Natalie: Glad you and the boyfriend made up. Keep us posted on how the interview went; as we say in the acting world, break a leg.

Sandy: Happy, happy birthday to that little darling of yours. May she have seventy more happy ones !!!

Pj: Be careful walking in the heat, dearie. Awesome job, but chug a lug on some water. Otherwise, you may be asking for trouble. With my Prinzemetal's angina, I'm advised not to walk in it at all. It sux, but better to pass on it then have to go to the ER and get a two-day sermon from the cardiologist.

Joanne: Eeek, don't even mention cleaning and laundry. I have that on the list for tomorrow after I meet with the building manager to be recertified for my rent adjustment for 2004. (It's based on my total income, otherwise I wouldn't even begin to afford this place). It's also nice to have at least one brain in the family, isn't it? Would you believe yours truly here was the first FEMALE in her family (well the first immediate family member really), to get a four-year degree? Here's the catch: I was 30 years old. Just proof it is never too late to learn!

Pam: Dayum, you sure kicked some butt on that workout, didn't you? You go with your bad self! Here's a happy dance just for you!

Mary: GET YOUR TOOKUS IN HERE NOW AND DO A BETTER POST THAN THAT!

Barb: Have a blast on your trip, and be safe.

Duckie: Hey, your pics are beautiful, and so are you. And that DF of yours is a looker. Tell him he also has great taste in women

OK...I think I covered all that, but if I didn't, my apolgies if I missed anyone. Hope you guys are having a great one and staying OP and cool!

Here are a couple more updates from good old Western PA, by the way:

My WLS consultation date has been moved AGAIN! Only this time I have to wait till December 29. Hey, look at this way, I'll definitely have broken 300 pounds by then and thensome So that isn't such a bad thing. Who knows, she may tell me I might not need the surgery anyway. I'll keep you posted on this little gem.

I got a letter via snail mail this morning from the ex's PO. He is going to meet with his supervisor sometime next week on whether or not to file a probation violation against Brian. He said it will be the final decision of the supervisior, but it looks good that it may head in that direction. Hopefully I have some further news if anything comes of it.

Well, time for me to go feed the cat brats their dinner. Nothing like typing with an 'audience' staring at you !
Closed Thread