Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #211  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 168.8
No Change

At least the 168 stuck. Something funny to share. I was able to lose down to my goal weight and maintained just fine for 1+ years. Everything went downhill when my Mom passed away (this is not the funny part). I continued to do the same thing (within reason) but kept gaining. I even tweaked my calories along the way but without any progress at all. I looked back and it seems I would maintain (the gain), but would gain even more during holidays, etc. So now all of a sudden, things seem a little (not a lot) different. I tweaked things a little and I have seen a small loss. Now to the funny thing. Each number that I drop to feels like a new decade. It feels like I have worked so hard to keep my focus and not get derailed just from the frustration of it all. So, 168 literally feels like a "new decade" over 169. I know it isn't but it is just so huge for me.

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Wow Diana!!!! You are doing it!!!

And I totally get it. You have been consistent and working on it forever and have been stuck at the similar weight for awhile and as close to goal weight that you are, the hardest it is to eat away at those numbers.

Like, I've been bouncing the same 3.5 pounds the last 4.5 weeks. Vacation, ovulation weight. So, when I just drop a POUND I will feel it's a huge success as I have totally been on plan, but something's been messing with me!

Today the ovulation water weight is finally getting me to me ticker weight!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #212  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the loss Diana!

Todays plan:
B: overnight oats, coffee & milk
L: salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices, side salad
D: korean grilled chicken breasts, carrots & cauliflower tots
S (if needed): granola bar, baby carrots & tzatziki
E: 10,000 steps (always harder to do when I am working!)

Last edited by sotypical; 08-21-2015 at 12:32 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #213  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone, a quick update on DH. The labs came back about the tick borne illnesses and he tested positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I called about the results this week since I hadn't heard anything. The labs hadn't contacted the Drs. office either. Today they called with the update. I knew something wasn't right since the rash wasn't clearing up in all the places. He will be put on antibiotics. There was an awful report this week about a woman who contracted this. I don't even want to think about that. Please keep my DH in your prayers.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #214  
Starting Fresh

Sending good thoughts for your husband Diana.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #215  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Diana prayers and positive thoughts for DH and for you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #216  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Hope he gets well quickly and you are doing OK Diana.

Last edited by IanG; 08-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Diana That's a little scary. You have my prayers. I hope DH will be fine. I'm praying that he will be cured, and I'm praying for you too.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #218  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the support. I truly appreciate all of you. Ian, it's good to see you. Thank you for dropping by. This will be another quick one for me. We just got home. I was out getting groceries and the car didn't sound right when I started it. I called DH and told him that I think the battery in the car was getting weak. I took the groceries home and picked up DH. We went to the shop so he could change out the battery. It's convenient being married to the mechanic. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly and clear all that mess up for DH. He's a pretty bad diabetic so I worry constantly about him.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheddar, grilled chicken & w/BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickstart - Cardio 1 & 2
Old 08-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #219  
Warrior Princess

Try not to worry, Diana.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #220  

Diana I am praying for your husband. He is now being treated with antibiotics. So thank god you got him to go to the doctor. Sending calming light to you both. And healing for him.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:18 PM   #221  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, how scary! It's so easy to write these symptoms off, isn't it? Hopefully the antibiotics work quickly.

Ian, good to see you! You have been missed! I hope life is treating you well.

W 151
B onion pizza thing, coffee with milk
L sausage, strawberries
D green pancakes, anchovies, peach
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #222  

hi everyone

Diana, again I want to say I am sending prayer and healing for your DH and for yourself as well. Hopefully some calming help for you. I know you worry about him. A lot.

Sotypical, how fortunate you are to live in BC. Glad baby and you got a lot of walking in. How old is the baby? Sounds like you are getting in some great exercise.

Kelijpa re the pesky scale, I know you will see a loss. But I do understand how that number on the scale, as you say "can effect your zen". I hope tomorrow's news is better. I forgot to get the yogurt today. I do so want to try mixing it with grated cucumber (and onion powder) (and on non diet days blue cheese).

CoolMom
your knees dont hurt. that's great news. I am happy for you. And also quite impressed with the amount of miles you are doing on the bike. How long is the tour? I know you said. But I do not remember. Sounds like your son is gifted at the guitar. And is motivated to work at it. ( or play at it). perfect combo for success. Good reason for you to be a proud mom.

Magistra Glad to read that you had a good day. Got together with friends in the evening. Re: that white angora dress, I think it especially is difficult when a father shames his daughter like that. Because girls' relationship with their dad forms how they feel about themselves as a girl. And then it becomes imcumbent upon me, you and so many others to heal that for ourselves. Becoming stronger for it. Ahhh the opportunities we so wisely choose in life.

Novangel as someone who no longer works I totally understand those food cravings when you are not working. Glad you were able to get in some good running. Sorry you had a dad who was not accepting of your weight. For me those folks are my teachers and motivators. They are the opportunity to deal with the thought patterns I took on from them. But it remains a challenge, even at my age.

Nicholsfamily I am so impressed that with your schedule you managed to get in 3 workouts. What a motivated woman you are. As for the scale not moving.... it will. Some people lose that way. One morning you will see the loss show up on your scale, like a surprise package.

Ian, good to see you !!

This morning I woke up and the scale did not have the best news. I was surprised. I expected it would not be that high. Perhaps its because Trader Joe's has a new product. Wild king salmon jerky. It used to taste awful. They revised the product. Now it is higher levels of divine Its only 240 calories. So I do not know why that would have caused the scale to be so rude. It would be too bad if it is the culprit. Because its great brain food that tastes like a choir of angels is serenading me as I eat.
I went to the doctor. And that went fine. She did an osteopathic treatment on me even though she officially is a MD. Then I went to Costco. Did the whole cocktail party thing ( without the mingling). I resisted buying anything high calorie at the Co-op. Although I did get peaches. I feel like I am losing my edge with dieting. But I did get rid of the homemade vegan nutella. I dropped it off for my friend who does tea leaf readings at a shop on Saturdays. I dropped it off at the shop for her. They will keep it in the refrigerator.

Tomorrow I am planning to have a 1200 day. And yes that does include wild Alaskan salmon jerky.

I hope you all have a great Saturday. Diana, I am thinking of you and DH. Antibiotics are great. And he did get DX and treatment before it progressed too far.

Last edited by flower123; 08-21-2015 at 11:29 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you again, for all the words of support. It means a lot to me that I am part of such a kind group. It's comforting knowing that I can come here and talk about the good things in life as well as the stressors and difficulties.

I had to step away from the computer for a moment. All the "guys" are calling checking on my DH. Yes, folks, DH is back at the farm this morning with all the ticks and their rocky mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease and the mosquitoes with their West Nile Virus, yellow fever, malaria, and the fleas with their plague. Don't forget about all the poisonous snakes and spiders.

Last night I added on: Kathy Smith's Instant Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 168.2
Down: .6

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your Saturday, and I will work on staying calm. Zen on, baby!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #224  
Starting Fresh

Diana - hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Flower - love it here in BC. Sometimes hubby talks about moving but I hope we never do lol. Baby isn't really a baby anymore... 16 months! But I hate admitting he is a toddler haha. Good luck staying in your calories today! The salmon jerky sounds amazing!

Weekends are always hard for me and we are going to go to the big fair at some point this weekend... Hopefully I can at least get some steps in! And a nap, I need a nap lol.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Quick post. I just finished eating dinner now I need to clean everything back up. I will try to come back later.

Total Approx 1325 calories +

Breakfast 250 calories +
Organic valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (400 calories)
Salad w/romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, apple, sprouted lentils (trying to clean out pantry ) & BHF's Ranch 350 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (675 calories)
large salmon patty 250 calories
roasted butternut squash 200 calories
baked apple thingy that I made ala mode 225 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 w/5's & 10's