Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default How committed are you today?

I thought we could come here and post regularly how committed we are to sticking to our plans today. I know there are days when I'm not super motivated but I want to be consistent and that's what will get me to my goal, because motivation comes and goes.

If you don't feel focused today, post why and we'll all try to help you through it. Let's stay on track together!

Today I'm feeling strong about my willingness to stick to my plan and I'm so grateful for this because not every day is like this and sometimes there are months when I feel weak and just unable to "get my head on straight"" about this process.

I"m committed to feeding my body for nourishment and not for entertainment.

How about you guys?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

Great thread, luckymommy! I gotta run for work now, and will read & post this evening when my motivation could use a boost!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I love this idea, Luckymommy! After all, there are threads to post daily weight, daily exercise, and daily menus, but I don't remember ever seeing one specifically created for posting one's daily level of commitment. Today, I am highly committed, but I know there will come days when I am not feeling so strong, so thank you for starting this thread!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-11-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #4  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I think this is great too!

Today I'd say I'm 6/10. TOM came and now I really badly want chocolate cake. I might try and work out a way to satiate that craving without completely derailing myself. I used to buy a box of chocolate cake and prepare it with apple sauce. I'd then put the batter into lined muffin tins and freeze them. Once they were frozen and I'd put them in a baggy and keep them in the freezer. When I felt I wanted cake I'd take one out, stick it in a mug and microwave it. I also had a can of whipped frosting in the fridge. I'd have just a tbsp on top. It kept it portion controlled and simple but still let me have cake. I've also done it with brownies.

Last edited by LovelyLeah; 06-11-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

I'm so glad you guys like the idea of this thread. I feel like we need to post more so that this community is more connected and also because in the summers it's typically a lot slower. This is not an easy journey despite how simple it sounds to those who don't struggle with weight.

LovelyLeah, I'm glad you recognize where you stand and that you've already thought of a plan of action. Your ideas sound great!

Last edited by luckymommy; 06-11-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #6  

Leah, your portioned-out cake for when you have uncontrollable TOM cravings sounds like a great idea! If you can stick to only one portion as needed, I say do what works for you! The most it can do is add a little water weight, which will fall back off, and it is so much better than going on a TOM binge! Good for you for coming up with a good plan of action! You got this!

Luckymommy, I like the idea of being more connected. Sometimes this community is all that keeps me going forward on my weight loss journey. There are some wonderful people here!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #7  
From Lazy to Light!

Thanks! When I went to the grocery store today I was so tempted. I was in the bakery section and on their clearance cart they had chocolate cake, cupcakes, and brownies. I was so close to saying screw it but I didn't. I got the ingredients for my lower calorie cupcake. Mine is only 150 calories vs probably well over 400.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Way to go LovelyLeah!!! You conquered the Mt Everest of cravings---TOM! I don't think I ever did manage to do that.

About an hour ago, I would have rated my commitment a 10, then it plummeted to almost zero. I was wound up after rushing in traffic to after-work appt, I'm not sure if is stress eating or even emotional eating; maybe just eating to wind down & relax. Fortunately there was nothing tempting at home. Now that I am surfing 3FC, my motivation is climbing back up. It's contagious, in a good way. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by mars735; 06-11-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #9  
onedayatatimer

mars, I know what you mean. I have days when I start off strong and then something really stressful throws me for a loop and I don't know how to handle it. Having a plan of action is a good way to deal with those situations.

But what to do? If I have a bad migraine and have hardly slept, it's so hard to remember my commitment. I just wish someone would massage me actually...that would be nice. I managed to get my younger son to massage my feet tonight but he didn't want to do it for long. Lol!

My instinct wants to turn to food for some comfort. I try to have a hot cup of herbal tea and to chew gum as an alternative. It doesn't work all the time, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for posting everyone. I made it through the day so it's a relief. Tomorrow, I start all over again. I recently read that someone lost 1 lb. 200 times. I really liked that thought. I need to lose 1 lb. 19 more times. I'm terrified though because on Monday, I leave for a trip abroad with my family and I'll have a million and one temptations. I hope I"ll have internet access so that I can come here for some grounding.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

luckymommy Yay for you for making it through the day AND asking for a massage; getting one from your son is so sweet. If no internet, how about bringing a journal? Seems like internet is everywhere, though, so hope to hear from you during your travels.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #11  

Mars, yay on not having tempting foods in your house! That's one way to beat those stress cravings!

Luckymommy, when I have a migraine, it's usually TOM-related and like Leah, I tend to want chocolate. Great job on choosing to soothe yourself with a massage, herbal tea, and gum! I hope you have a fantastic trip! How exciting! But yes, I see the dilemma in the tempting foods you'll encounter. What diet method do you use? Whether it's calorie-counting, WW, low-carb or any another plan, I'm sure you can figure out a way to enjoy SOME treats and keep your diet in check at the same time. I like Mars' suggestion to use a journal if you don't have internet access. But unless you are traveling to remote areas, I imagine you'll have internet.

I am having another highly motivated day, so yay!
Old 06-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #12  
maintaining since 9/2013

I am setting my intention to stay motivated today. Right now it's feels okay. My challenge will be to stay out of the end-of-week-I-deserve-a- treat mode. I need to stop at the store and get an avocado, asap!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #13  
From Lazy to Light!

I survived yesterdays cravings!

Today I would say my commitment level is 9/10. I had a migraine last night so I feel a little sluggish and lazy but I also feel so much better than yesterday that it's easier to be committed.

I just want to say again how much I love this thread idea. I know that if I have a bad day or a binge the next day is always hardest for me to recommit. I'm a very all-or-nothing thinker so I have a tendency to say screw it. But I also hate to publicly admit defeat so if I make this a regular thing to check-in with my commitment levels with you guys I will held more accountable. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I like this thread too.

This is what I've been posting in other areas that I was struggling to find -- commitment and motivation. It was so much easier to eat crap food for me.

Now that I found it... yesterday, it was hard to stay committed at dinner, because I tried a new restaurant with my BF. This is always hard, because I want to taste different things and try everything out. I was successful in a sense because BF was full (so was I, but I would sacrificed!) so we did not get dessert. But I did have sangria...

I am focused on eating healthy today because of last night, so my commitment level is a 10 right now. Motivation is still a 10, because the weight on the scale this morning was only up 0.4 lbs from yesterday, despite the dinner (!).
Old 06-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

This is a great thread

At the moment I think my commitment is around 8. It was about 5 when I got home and my hubby gets home about 1.5 hours after me today so no dinner until he gets home...I do want to raid the cupboards but I just jumped on the scales and I'm lighter than I was last week so that's motivation enough to keep my hands out of the proverbial cookie jar and up my commitment levels a bit!
Closed Thread