Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #46  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Today was not a diet day, pretty typical for the weekend, except no pizza

I made stew and chili, so had to have some of each, then DH wanted brownies, so I made some from scratch, note to self, do not do that again for awhile they were so much better than box mix, but man lots of sugar...needless to say they're almost gone, we can kill some brownies...

As to the monarchs, I usually see them around the milkweeds, we don't have as many of those this year, so maybe the monarchs are wherever they are growing, we have lots of wild asters this year, I don't remember seeing so many last year, weird how things come and go.

I try to plant stuff for the pollinators and not use pesticides, I saw a lot of other types of butterflies and we have lots of those flying grasshoppers, they kind of look like moths when they're flying, pretty cool at night when they're singing, won't have the windows open tonight, supposed to get down in the 30's....it's coming...

Ian I like your pic, you don't have a big belly!! You do have a great smile

Coolmom good luck with the quest for social fitness, I thought about a hiking group, too, just never got to it, I keep thinking about taking a yoga class, I could use some good stretching, or maybe a dance class, I'd like to learn clogging or irish dancing, I'm sure that would be good exercise. Taekwondo sounds cool.

Diana sorry to hear TTOM again,
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #47  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks kelijpa.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #48  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

Sorry for being an absentee poster yet again.

August is feeling much better --- he was dehydrated but spent two days on IV fluids and that helped immensely.

We've had some GREAT news...it looks as if August has hit remission! He is three days from finishing induction chemo, and then he will have 12-16 weeks of post-remission chemo. Hopefully, that will be all he needs. I'm so relieved that I'm probably not going to lose him. I just want to hug him and kiss him and snuggle him forever.
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #49  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Wonderful news, Grace! I'm so glad your little guy is feeling better and responding to treatment.

I'm finishing the day at 2000 calories, I estimate. We had dinner out at a Mediterranean place after grocery shopping. I got the humus plate and ate my son's side salad as well. He decided he doesn't like feta?? One of my favs.

Kelijpa, I could use some stretching too. A dance class sounds fun!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Grace Wonderful news. I hope everything continues to improve. I will keep you and August in my daily thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Kelijpa Did you roast the delicata squash, yet? I will probably make some tomorrow.

We went out of town this afternoon and just got back home. This morning I went to the shop to work out. I didn't want to do it, but I was glad after I did it.

DH wanted to go to one of the BBQ restaurants that's on the 100 Mile BBQ list. These are BBQ restaurants that are good enough to drive 100 miles to go to. Geesh, the stuff my DH gets me into. Anyways, the food was good, but I think we drove too far since there are good BBQ restaurants in town. I like BBQ but it's not life changing for me. I guess it is for DH. Anyways I didn't eat lunch since I knew dinner would be heavier on the calories. I am going to add up the calories for my dinner and lump it all in one total instead of listing each and every bite that I had. I just had bites of some things.

Total approx 1600 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch/Dinner (1200 Calories)

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn Sculpt (upper body) and boxing premix w/8's and weighted gloves
Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch (standing)

Rest well.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #51  

Grace, great news about August. I am so happy that you get to breathe a bit easier now. I am hoping the post remission chemo is a bit easier for him. The most important thing is he is in remission. yay

Weight is holding steady. This is good
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We had a major cool down overnight. It will warm back up today, though.

I didn't add on any yoga since it was so late last night.

I didn't show a gain this morning with eating differently yesterday. I tried soooo hard to keep things in moderation. I hate to see the crazy gains. I have really been working on moderation during these times. I'm not sure if I will see a second day gain, though. We'll see how it goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1600 +
Weigh In: 167.4 (TTOM)
No Change

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-05-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #53  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good morning all!

Diana getting ready to roast the squash, I logged on to look at the link you posted again, thanks for that BTW.

Sydney glad to hear your good news!

W-166.5 up as expected, but a pound less approx. than last week, so I'm calling it a teeny success.

First really cold night, supposed to warm up a bit, then a little more during the week, we had some ice on the deck where there were puddles from the rain yesterday we had a fire in the woodstove, probably again tonight, supposed to be 30s again, then not so bad, at least we have some sun today!

Flower

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #54  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

W 168.4 (up 1.4 pounds!)
B egg on toast
L lentil soup
D roasted veg/sausage...or I'll make chicken noodle soup.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Kelijpa How was the delicata? I just finished eating my lunch with the delicata squash and it was delicious! I probably mentioned this but a lady at the store told me how she chooses the best ones. I bought 3 like she recommended and then 3 other ones. Today I cooked one based on her recommendation. When I cut it open, it was very moist on the inside. This time I roasted it longer but at a lower temp. because I was cooking a frozen dinner with it. It was so sweet and creamy. Amazing! I think you could sprinkle some cinnamon on it and it could almost pass for a dessert. I think I "need" to cook another one tonight.

ETA: See, I can overdo anything. I am going to end up being like a crack addict over delicata squash.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-05-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #56  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Kelijpa How was the delicata? I just finished eating my lunch with the delicata squash and it was delicious! I probably mentioned this but a lady at the store told me how she chooses the best ones. I bought 3 like she recommended and then 3 other ones. Today I cooked one based on her recommendation. When I cut it open, it was very moist on the inside. This time I roasted it longer but at a lower temp. because I was cooking a frozen dinner with it. It was so sweet and creamy. Amazing! I think you could sprinkle some cinnamon on it and it could almost pass for a dessert. I think I "need" to cook another one tonight.

ETA: See, I can overdo anything. I am going to end up being like a crack addict over delicata squash.
The delicata squash is made, I did it like the link you posted, roasted, I just brushed it with olive oil, nothing else, it came out great, I can't stop nibbling on it. I was afraid I might have cooked it too long, but they were nice and crispy on the outside, sweet and creamy on the inside, like an awesome French fry, I don't remember the post about how to pick them, I got these from the CSA, he just seemed to check them for soft spots.

I still have half a butternut, some beets and kohlrabi. Last time I did the beets I roasted them and sautéed the greens w/garlic and onion, then ate it all together, that was really good, like they were meant to go together

I'll probably roast the butternut with the kohlrabi and some carrots and garlic...

Best to all
Old 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #57  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 2.4lbs today to 176lbs. Not sure why except the BM issue, of course.

Breakfast today was sardines, medium stickleback, smoked kippers, smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was striped bass, smoked oysters, a crab cake, squid and cockles.

For exercise, I ran 6.25 miles before breakfast and did 1 hour weight training before lunch. That pretty much guarantees a loss tomorrow combined with the 176.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #58  
It's more UP than Down!

One of these days you'll spout gills yet, Ian.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Hi

Kelijpa Sounds like they turned out perfect! I was at the store today. There was a family there, probably 4 people. They had 1 small delicata squash in the buggy. My mind was thinking about all of those people and the one little squash. Does not add up nor make any sense to me.

CoolMom Hi

Ian Awesome workout!

Sydney Hi

Total Approx 1200 Calories +
I am going to keep things on the light side since yesterday was a higher calorie day

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (440 Calories
Roasted delicata squash 200 calories
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 240 calories

Dinner (360 Calories)
Turkey Cranberry Flatbread sandwich 280 calories
apple 80 calories

Exercise
Me and Shaun T were gettin' down with our bad selves!
Hip Hop Abs Extreme Cardio
Old 10-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #60  
It's more UP than Down!

Hi back, Diana!

I made roast pumpkin coconut curry soup yesterday, and it's what I'm having for lunch right now too. Sooooooo good.