Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 12:11 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#385

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 AM   #2  

2 cute: fantastic, marvelous!!

you are one woman!!! I am so proud of you, you are right those pounds are gone for good!

better day today girls, thanks to all for your good wishes for my sister, it means a lot to me that you cared enough to comment, she is much better today, she went to the unemployment ofc this am, had an interview this afternoon and has another one scheduled for Friday, and yes you are right when one door closes another one really does open.

I am going to have to get a printer to print out all of your posts, feel like I am so far behind today, cant keep up with you gals on the fast track!! will just say to you all...and take care, will try and catch up tomorrow!

weigh in tomorrow and appt with my dietician, havent seen her in a month, so she will be pleasantly surprised at my progress, i really lucked out having the opportunity to get in with her she is fabulous!! appt is at 3p, and you better believe Ill be sitting right here as soon as it is over letting you all know how it went...cant believe I get so excited about getting on the scales now, use to be a "torture chamber" for me, and I avoided going to Dr's office at all costs, had to be dire emergency!! now I look forward to it, I just stroll right in there, pay my co-pay and smile and smile!
lost my mind do you think

good night girls!!
Old 08-07-2003, 01:07 AM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ummm... I've been AWOL, and not for a better reason than I couldn't handle life handing me one more thing. Or rather, I thought I couldn't handle it. I was doing the functional version of curling up in the fetal position and hiding beneath the covers. The functional version means you still go to work, grocery shop, do laundry and help prepare meals, but the rest of the time you can't seem to do anything at all except fall into bed exhausted and wishing you could cry.

Short version... was offered 5 different jobs and not one of them was a good fit. Most of them were only 10-15 hours a week and rather low pay. Everyone needed an answer by Monday and I had to decide which was the lesser of the evils. I caught a cold. DH lost his job. After that point, even the gas tank getting close to E felt like a crisis.

Good side of things... prayed a lot and came up with the basic answer that none of the jobs were right for me, I really do need to get off my backside and create something for myself. Brainstormed with a fantastic mentor/friend and came up with one and have begun the homework end of things. I talked with the woman who holds the position I was planning to accept and she pulled some strings and got me up to 20 hours a week and another $1.50 an hour. I'm offering her up for sainthood, BTW. DH did some calling around and picked up some extra work for the next two weeks. His part-time job might also be able to kick things up for him a bit. I finally caught up with my doctor's office and they said the ultrasound looked good.

There is a lot more than all that, but I'm just going to move on and wait for it to all come out in the wash. The biggest bummer about DH's job loss is he was our insurance since I'm not working full anymore. That means I have to put off the doc's exam following up the ultrasound and put off my breast biopsy for another 3 or more months until we qualify for insurance somewhere else. It is so hard for me to leave things like this to trusting in a bigger, better, overall plan for things, but there really isn't much of a choice either. So, my choice is going to be to put it aside until the situation can be altered and not worry about it until then. And yes, it really has taken me the better part of a week to get to this point!

Hope you aren't all completely weirded out by now and wondering what's up with this freaky qsilver chick. I had to come back here because I miss the wonderful things that happen daily within this group. I missed the warmth and the support. I missed the crazy stuff and the silly stuff. I just missed all of you!

Andria
Old 08-07-2003, 07:28 AM   #4  

Morning All,

Andria, thanks for sharing, sometimes you just have to lay it all on the table girl, better than overeating over it!! I know it may sound cliche, but it truly will all work out for the best...but sitting where you are, it must look endless....glad to hear about the job for you...and we missed you too!!.

too early for me to think right now...will check back in at a decent hour.....

later chickies
Old 08-07-2003, 07:30 AM   #5  

Hey girls, just a quicky before I head out the door for the office.

2Cute: Way to go girl!!! 48lbs.....I am so happy for you!!! Keep up the good work.

Pam: I'm glad your sister had a better day and has so many interviews right off the bat. Hope she gets something, and yes your right about the doors closing and opening. There is always a reason for stuff that happens, we just don't always know what that reason is at the time.

Andria: Like above, there is always a reason, you just have to have faith that all will work out. You are in my prayers and I hope you job turns in to more for you.

I don't think I told you all, but my hubby's grandpa had to have heart surgery yesterday. They were not sure which way they could do it (he had 2 valves blocked) Well they ended up going through the vessel in the leg and that was yesterday...and he is coming home today, can you believe that? I was like OMG>>>>but thats the way hospitals are now a days. We were all pretty uptight about the operation because the grandpa is as round and he is tall 5'2" and that makes for a very large man, and putting him under anistesia (sp) would be very very dangerous. I guess they ended up just doing whatever it is, but he was awake the whole time, just numb.....So thank goodness all went well.

Okay got to take the girl to the sitter and give my son and friend strict instructions for the day....

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 08-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Good morning...

Hey guys.....

I thought I'd jump in here real early and begin my day on a good note. Well, not a real good note because I'm going to start my post by complaining... but what's new lately? I'm working with a fill in person today. He is a MAJOR slacker and I usually have to answer five calls to his one, so it keeps me rather busy. He doesn't have a car and is totally dependent on other people which drives me nuts and he just doesn't care to do any better. He just asked me if I would mind taking him home today. Grrrr He also takes aproximately 15 minutes in the bathroom every time he goes in there. I think he's sleeping. Ok, enough of that.

I'm also making a declaration ladies....to come here first. What does that mean, you ask? Well, here's the situation: As most of you know, I am an admin on a Tony Stewart website...
Well, there are certain resposibilities that come with that. There is a certain section on the board I am in control of called "Caption This" where I post funny pictures of Tony and then members come in and "caption" them and then I pick the winners. In addition to that, I try to keep an eye out on the posts to make sure language is ok and things of that nature.....there's a lot to it. Don't get me wrong.... I LOVE the board, but sometimes I find that in doing everything I want and need to do there.... it makes my time here kind of skimpy. Sometimes by the time I'm done over there, I'm ready to get off the computer, but I want and need to come here.....so I'll either come over here and make a big long post and spend way too much time on the computer OR I'll hop over here and make a short nonsense post just to say I've been here.

That is going to stop.

While I take my responsibilities very serious at TSOT, I need to put myself and my weight loss (or lack thereof lately) first. I need to make this site my priority now and always. Don't get me wrong..... I do look up other websites for weight loss and am always interested in more info and things of that nature, but you guys are my family and you all help me more than you know. I comiserate with you, cheer with you....share things and offer support. In short, you guys are the best and deserve more than what I have to give sometimes. Plus, I NEED you guys too. While my weight loss has not been exactly stellar lately, without knowing you guys are here for me, there's no telling how much I could get off track. Thanks for being my s.

Has any of this made sense?

2cute: First of all.....PLEASE let me say how very proud of you I am. I knew you could do it all along. YOU are my inspiration.

Thin: Thanks for starting the new thread for us. Also, I do not want you to think your lovely gift is going unused. I AM rejoining WW. Things have been very hectic and tight here lately, especially trying to get my stupid car fixed. Our child refund thing should mailed out tomorrow and I'm expecting it sometime next week and as soon as I get it, I'm going to do the pre-pay. I can't wait. I need to get this big butt back in gear.

Sandy: It sure is amazing the way hospitals get you in and out these days, huh? Makes you wonder... By the way, I loved that picture of your little girl. She is adorable!

Andria: My goodness sweetie, it sounds like you've had ALOT on your plate lately. I know you may not see it now....but this will pass and you will be stronger for it. Never ever hesitate coming here to vent though...that is what we are here for. I will keep you in my prayers.

Pam:
Quote:
I get so excited about getting on the scales now, use to be a "torture chamber" for me, and I avoided going to Dr's office at all costs, had to be dire emergency!!
Boy....isn't that the truth? I usually have to be in the throws of a major emergency or pain beyond measure to enter the Dr.'s doors....I'm trying to get better about that though. Glad your sister has several options coming her way now.

Well gals......I am going to head out of here for now. I made you my first stop and first priority this morning and I can already feel your strength. I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful day and I will see you later this evening!

Love you all!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:39 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Wink Thankful Thursday...

THANK YOU ALL...

For your friendship,
your humor,
your honesty,
your compassion,
your sympathy,
your generosity,
your support,
your encouragement,
your open-mindedness,
your enthusiasm,
your camaraderie,
your trust,
your love...

We're in this together, ladies...there's strength in numbers! Just join hands in this circle of friends and hold on! There are times when some of us are riding high while others are in the dumps...It all goes around...If we just hang on, listen, share and learn how to finally get this weight loss thing down correctly...it can be done!

Im going to sleep now...New strategy: I came in from work and went directly to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash off the hospital smell. No picking or grazing this morning.

Gotta go...my own snore just woke me up!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-07-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #8  

Tina: Just wanted to let you know that our child tax credit was sent out on a Friday like all federal return checks, and we got it in the mail on Monday, so that was great!!!!

Talk to ya later,
Sandy
Old 08-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here just lurking
Old 08-07-2003, 02:36 PM   #10  

I'm here!

Hey, 2Cute, congrats on that loss! You go girlie!

Andria: I do hope things continue to work out for you

Sandy: Great pics--your girl is a cutie pie!

Pam: I'm happy I can use a "regular" scale now, so I know how you feel ! It is a terrific feeling not to dread getting on The Beast, isn't it?

Tina: Yeah there's got to be at least one in every workplace, isn't there? I worked with a few of those jim dandys in my lifetime myself. Took all the effort I could stand not to kill them Take a few for you once in a while and don't overextend yourself.

Grannie: You call that a post?!

qsilver: Keep us posted on how things are coming together for you.

Hello to anyone else I missed.

Boy, my ex's probation officer is going to LOVEwhat I just mailed out to him today; a copy of the nice message good old Man-Child left on my answering machine last night when I was at the Tenant Council Meeting (I am secretary). The message started out OK, but he must assumed I wasn't going to pick up the phone, so that was when the yelling and the nice filthy language started. So having the ish side that I can once in a while, I made a nice tape of this little message, called Mama to get the address and name of his probation officer, and lo and behold, off the little tape went in the mail this morning If this guy thinks I am afraid of him, I've got a news flash for his behind!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #11  

Hi Chickies!!

Hmmm, going to write replys while I read along....bit out of the loop.

Pam: Sorry to hear about your sister's job. Have to agree about the whole "when God closes a door he opens a window". I got laid off a few years ago from a job I hated but never left. Even to this day, with all the problems that have come up, I thank God for it. Friends that I worked with me say the same. Nothing worse then being stuck in a crap job but being to afraid to make a jump. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she gets a job, a BETTER job, real quick.

2Cute: Sorry to hear about your Mom and sister. Has you sister contacted local cancer support groups? There are many in my area and they are a good resource...not to mention support system. Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!

Andria: So sorry to hear what's going on....keep you in my prayers. I'd talk to the doc to see if there's a way to work around the insurance...you shouldn't put off the biopsy.

Lori: Good call on the tape. What a moron! I feel sorry for his mom....got to be embarrassing.

Okay on to me. Got the call from the Doc yesterday. One test came back with lower levels in the liver but she couldn't really tell me much. I was supposed to see my reg doc today but the car died AGAIN. Will have to wait until next week to find out. Grrr.....

On the bright side, at least I'm chosing to see it that way, tomorrow is my birthday! Whoopee!!!!!! Birthdays are a freeday, right? lol

Deb
Old 08-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #12  

Hello all. I've been so busy the past couple of days it's been so hard to get here. I'm bogged down at work and I just can't seem to find a minute to get in here. I've even been lacking on my journal, and that's a lot for me!

I see that everyone is getting along well. There's really not much for me to tell since I've been submerged here at work. It seems as though my mini plateau is going to break tomorrow. I was one pound down this morning. Very pleased to see that because I haven't missed one day of exercise. Hopefully it will be 2 pounds gone tomorrow, but I'm not counting my chickies before they hatch.

I would love to stay and gab more but I just don't have the time. I'm still here, lurking like Grannie.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:44 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm Here!!!

I've been lurking, but I just didn't really have much to say. I still don't. I've been staying on track. Today is the first day since Saturday that I didn't WATP, but I just don't feel good today. My allergies are bad and the only thing I have for them right now is Benadryl which knocks me squarly on my butt. Tonight when hubby gets home we are going to the store to buy something that makes me less

Well I hope all of you are having a wonderful day. I will ttyl.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:00 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies ---
I just walked in the door from work and am only stopping in long enough to say Hello . I want to get a good workout in before I get too comfy for the evening. Tomorrow we are going into Philly to meet friends for dinner so I won't have time to exercise. Not to mention that tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'd like too see some results for the week.

I will stop back later on to catch up with you lovely ladies!!

Barb
Old 08-07-2003, 07:44 PM   #15  

Evening Ladies,

Had my weigh in - down 5.1 more lbs since 7/24, so that is sw of 356/ June 5th/336.5 7/24 and 331.4 today - total loss of 24.6 lbs will tell you what I did though...I was going to weigh in right before my visit with the dietician today at 3p..but couldnt stand it any longer so I went this morning! I know, I hear ya, patience has never been one of my virtues, but I got so excited, just felt like a

Barb - have fun in Philly, dont let those philly cheesesteaks get to you, , but do have a great time!!

Natalie, good to see ya back, I have missed you...what kind of adventure do you and your boyfriend have planned for first of Sept?? that is a great idea!

Younggrasshopper...will be praying for you, and hope your tests come out well...and happy birthday

Hello Mary in Mississippi, glad you are lurking, even if you dont post, still come visit with us....sending good thoughts your way!!! hope to talk to you soon.

Katrina - enjoyed your thankful Thursday list, you are so thoughtful.

to all the rest of you gals, talk to you later, or in Alabamian - holler at chuns later!!
Closed Thread