Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

In New Jersey that would be: See yiz'all later!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:14 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Hey Kat....just got word that New England is at Philly on August 22nd at 7:30 pm....pre-season game and I already got my babysitter all lined up!! So...whoever wins will be fine in my book even though deep down I would like it to be the Patriots!! I'm a true New Englander all the way!! Though I have grown accustomed to Philly!!

Pam Congratulations!! Thats so motivating to see the numbers go down...you lost 25 so far and before you know it another 25 will equal 50 lbs gone! It can be done! I did it once before! you just have to keep at it even when you have a bad food day don't let it discourage you! You are doing an awesome job!!

Hey Barb...what restaurant are you going to in Philly? We are going to dinner tomorrow then to meet some friends for drinks afterwards in Philly...the Northeast!

Amanda I know all about the allergy thing...I have been taking Zyrtec and it seems to be doing a good job! I get free samples from the dr. office I work at......

Natalie I lurk alot too....sometimes just don't have much to say or anything constructive.....especially when my food is bad! Which is alot lately!!

Deb...what the hecks up with you car??? And Birthdays can be free days if you want them to be but try not to let it get out of control because if you don't have a loss that week you may get discouraged...I know I sure did! Those losses..even little ones keep the motivation going...But Anyways...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lori that ex sure is a loser...sounds like my ex! Do tell what he left on your answering machine!!!

Hey Tina you seem to get the winners at your work huh? Kick that man in the arse and tell him to get going!! You aren't there to carry his load too...I would have to say something. I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Sandy lucky you...I don't qualify for that tac credit...I guess I didn't make enough money last year...I was on enemployment for most of the year...anyways...glad to hear everything went ok with Grandpa's surgery!

Speaking of LUCKY where the heck are you today...oh I know...you must have dipped those hunky men in chocolate and licked the heck outta them and now you are in a diabetic coma from all the sugar!! No???

Andria I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason! Always something better in the works...each step you take or job you accept is a stepping stone to the next! Eventually we will reach the ultimate goal!!

2Cute...come clean my house!!! I already did the bathroom so you won't have to do that room!!! Please....I have a sitter coming tomorrow and need a few things done before that...well I guess I could get off my hiney instead of sitting here!!

Thin...how do I go about getting YOUR job! I want to be a showgirl!!

Mary...I have nicknamed you Mary the Lurker!! Though I know a few of us could be named that at times! Hope things are going ok for you !!!

Well I just checked our lottery tickets online and we didn't win so I guess I better get off here now and get things ready for work tomorrow! Darn...why can't it be me who wins the lottery!!

Have a great night Ladies!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!!!
Healthy dinner - check!
Work out - check!
Time to hang out with my cyber family - here I am!

Had a great day today....I wore my favorite pair of black pants to work and realized that I have to retire them....they are too BIG!!! One of my co-workers kept calling me baggy pants!! Woohoo! It's time to start going through the closet. Then I had a big smile on my face when I tried on another pair....Last fall I bought a cute pair of capri pants that I wanted for vacation...well, they barely buttoned, but I bought them anyway...during this journey I have been trying them on every couple weeks to see my progress....I am happy to announce that as of today they are officially in the "comfortable to wear" category!!! My weight loss has slowed down a bit the past couple months, but I am continuing to see the progress in my clothes!!

Andria --- Hang in there sweetie! Everything will work out. I know sometimes it seems like you have been given more than you can handle, but you will get through this! :

Sandy --- Glad to hear that Hubby's, G-pa's surgery went well. Sounds like he's a fighter.

Tina ---- You've had it rough lately...things are going to turn around for you. You have the right idea....You've got to start taking care of yourself and making yourself a priority!!! You can do it!

Lori ---- I'm glad you are taking care of things with Bri --- enough of his BS --- put him in his place. You are too special to have to put up with that kind of treatment!!!

Deb -- I know I am a couple hours early, but I can't stay awake much longer.......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Natalie --- I hope you are able to climb out from under all your work so you can get back to the fun stuff.

Amanda ---- Hey gal! I hope you get to feeling a little better --- I've also been taking Zyrtec as well as using Flonase. Nothing over the counter can help my allergies! Good job keeping up the exercise and staying on track!

Pam --- WAY TO GO!!!!
Good job on the loss! You've been working hard and it's paying off!! Keep it up!!! It's been so long since I've had a cheeseteak...sounds yummy...but I'm not gonna do it!

Michelle --- I know how you feel about the lottery tickets! Why can't I win??? We are going to Center City tomorrow night to an Italian place named Buca di Beppa. We're planning on taking the train in so we can avoid the traffic and parking. Have fun on your night out!

Kat --- Loved your Thankful Thursday list! Glad you woke yourself up before you fell asleep on the keyboard --- I hate to see you walking around with key marks on you cheek.

Alrighty Gals, it's time for me to call it a night! I'll talk to you in the morning.
Sweet Dreams to all!!

Barb
Old 08-08-2003, 12:41 AM   #19  

What’s up ma’nizzles? ......or as we say in Pittsburghese, how yunz doing?!

Andria: Remember that classic poster of the cat hanging off the tree branch with the caption "Hang in there?" I just thought of that and you at the same time. Do hang in there and let us know from time to time how things are going.

Deb: HAPPY BIRFDAY! May it be a great one! (Might as well get a jump start on the good wishes too)

Michelle: Have a BLAST on your night out! I'm planning on karaoke again with Charlie and Dennis tomorrow night if we don't get blown out by storms ......As to what Bri left on the machine, since this is a family board, a lot of it is, let's just say, unprintable, and I would VERY much doubt Suzanne would let me repeat it verbatim. Yet this is a guy who is supposedly still in love with me..........Oy. His poor mother indeed. I think his 14 year old brother has better sense than he does.

Oy vey, I have popped in to say nitey nite and sleep tight to all and see YUNZ tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #20  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB

Old 08-08-2003, 01:59 AM   #21  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I feel so much more in control of my life today! D H was a total sweetie and made me an OP breaky and packed my lunch and snack before I even got up out of bed. Sure made my start a lot more smooth this morning. I was off plan for a day and a half because of the cold. There was NO way I could make myself eat meat when I felt like that. I told him last night that I wanted to be back OP today, and he helped me out the absolutely best way he could have. Yes, I did thank him profusely for being so supportive.

2cute, I remember the early days when you were so frustrated about your weight loss. Now look at you! I am so impressed!

Pam, Wow! The pounds are just melting off you! Very impressive. :brave:

Deb, Happy Birthday to YOU! Hope you have a fantastic day!!!
Thanks for offering to keep me in your prayers. Means a lot to me. The biopsy thing doesn’t worry me because I had one just a couple of months ago, plus I have mammograms 1-2 times a year. The doctors both agreed with me that it was ok to put off this excisional biopsy for a few months because even if the micro calcifications they are looking at are malignant, it would be super early on and easy to treat. My mother almost died of breast cancer at age 36, so this is something I take very seriously and have stayed right on top of.

Sandy, I’m glad the surgery went well, and I do agree with you about hospital stays seeming far too short these days. For something so major as heart surgery, you would expect a lot longer stay than 24-48 hours!

Tina, way to go, putting yourself at the top of your priority list! And I’ve worked with a few guys like the one you described. Funny, but they are always the ones talking themselves up, especially about how hard they work. One guy in particular used to take 3-4 bathroom breaks a day, and each one was minimum 20 minutes. It was hard to not notice, because we only had one restroom for the place and it happened to be right next to my office. Thanks for the prayers.

Kat, great thank you list!

Lori, glad to hear your foot is doing so much better. Also, I kept my mouth shut about the man-child thing this whole time because I had faith you would work things out the way that was right for you. A lot of his antics sounded like someone who was too young and still learning how to handle the situation. But, from everything that has happened since his trip out there, I have to say how impressed I am at the way you have handled everything. His behavior is way beyond control and any excuse for youth and stupidity! I’m glad you have taken steps to distance yourself from him, not only for your sanity, but for your safety. And yes, I do remember that poster. I’m still hanging in there!

Natalie, wishing you the best on your plateau breaking!

Amanda, sorry you aren’t feeling your best right now, but hurray for you keeping to plan anyway!

Barb, congratulations on those pants fitting! I have a couple of pairs waiting for me as well.

Michelle, you have such an upbeat, positive attitude. Thanks for sharing it with me!

Time to say good night now. Hope everyone wakes to a beautiful morning, a fresh day and a brand new start!

Andria
Old 08-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All!
I'm at work and have a lot to do this morning because I want to leave early today. This week I am down another 1.4 pounds!!!

It's going slow, but it's going!!!! Tonight will most likely be a little splurge and I am making Jeff a carrot cake for his birthday on Sunday so I will have to sample that!!! Those are the planned treats for this weekend. Every other meal/snack will be healthy!

I hope you all have a great Friday.
Barb

T.G.I.F.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #23  

Default I have emergied VICTORIOUS!

Well, I guess I wasn't on a plateau at all. I'm down 3 more pounds this morning. I must be doing something right because they just keep melting away. This is going to be the last time I'll ever fit into the skirt I'm wearing today. I guess I'll just have to go get a smaller size, MAYBE A 13/14? WHOO HOO! OK, that's enought congratulating myself. (I'm just so happy I couldn't help it)
I'm taking a break from my to-do list because I really needed to come and chat with you all! I've missed it. So in honor of Friday, I will take a bit of time to goof off! So here's back to all of you wonderful women!

Barb,
YAY! Way to go on the loss! You've been working so hard and now it's paying off. Don't worry about the carrot cake, just go for an extra walk to burn it off. That seems to be the key to this loss thing. Again, great work on your loss!

Andria,
Your husband sounds like such a sweetie! Do you think you could send him over my way to pack my lunch? Make sure you tell him to make it low-fat!

Lori,
You are such a smart chick to get that guy out of your life. And also on sending that tape to his PO. Enjoy your night out with the guys!

Michelle,
I know what you mean about not having anything constuctive to say. Sometimes I just have nothing at all. And sometimes I have too much to say and I don't want to be a big complainer. Better luck next time on the tickets.

Katrina,
I didn't know you were a Jersey girl. I am surrounded by them at my office, they drive me nuts with their big hair and long fingernails! But, you gotta love the attitude!

Pjk,
Thanks for missing me, that was sweet. I'm not sure what we have planned for the 1st of Sept. It's his turn to plan, we taked turns every other month. It kinda stinks for him next month cause it's also my birthday month so he's gotta be romantic twice. I'm actually hoping he taked me on the Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise. I've been dying to do that for months. I think you should call him up and give him the hint...OK?

Phoenix,
Try a nice cup of hot tea. That always makes me feel better. Especially after a warm bath. Take care of yourself. (I'll catch you on Sunday to set goals for next week).

Well, that's all for me. It's been about an hour since I've actually done some work and the director is lurking around so I better get back to it. Catch you all later!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:50 AM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Red face T.G.I.F

Although this is a pretty nice thought.... doesn't mean much when you work every Saturday. However, me and my friend Kim at work are going to be doing some switching up in the next couple of weeks where we do some rotating of weekends off. As it stands now.....she gets Fri & Sat and I get Sun & Mon. We're going to mix it up where two weeks out of the month I get Fri & Mon off and then get Sat & Sun....and then some other variations, but I won't bore you. Should work out pretty good though and I won't be stuck on every single Saturday.

Thin: Hey sweetie... I called my local WW and they do not have the "Season Pass" that you spoke of. They told me that different areas do different promotions. The best deal they have is 11 weeks for $110.00 which is a savings of $42.00. I did hear some pretty good news though.... (some background first) We used to have a WW center here. I loved it! Then, they lost one of their leaders....(an awesome one) and membership fell and they closed they center. Now they have meetings on Mondays & Tuesdays only at a local church. Anyways.... when I called today, I asked if there were any possible plans to re-open a center here in town and she said that since Cleveland had experienced such growth and there was such a large attendance at the meetings they do offer, that opening a center was on the agenda but would probably not happen for the next year. I am SUPER psyched about that!

Barb: Another 1.4 lbs. gone! That is terrific awesome! I'm telling you what little lady....the weight is just falling off of you. One day, we're going to look around and say...."Where the heck did Barb go?"

Andria: How awesome was it for your hubby to be so supportive of you! You are a very lucky woman! Give that man a big pat on the back!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!

Connie: Whatcha doing sweet cheeks? Have you been getting lot of rain like us? I am so tired of all this rain. I'm gonna have to build an ark if it doesn't let up! Speaking of football, you are exactly right.... GO VOLS!!

Lori: How YA'LL doin? (speaking Tennessean) I just have to tell you girl.... I think you did the absolute right thing fowarding that answering machine type to the proper person. I will be so glad when the boy is out of your life. You deserve much better!

Michelle: It is SO good to see you back and posting regularly. I absolutely hate when you're MIA. Whether you know it or not.....whether you're OP or not, just having you here with me makes me feel better. I love you lady and I hope you know that no matter what is going on with us now, we CAN do this. We just need that little something to tie it all together!

Pam: OMG! I am so proud of you! 5.1 lbs. gone this week is fantastic! I know you've probably said, but apparently I was picking my nose or not paying attention...what program are you on?

Amanda: I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes when I come here, I feel like I don't have anything to say, but then I get rolling and I can't shut up. I'm very proud of you for being OP these last days.... Maybe I'll take after your good habits soon.

Kat: Thank you so much for your "Thankful Thursday". You are such a sweetie and I echo your sentiments exactly. I got a mental picture of you snoring while making your post and it cracked me up! (also reminded me of myself several times while making a post)

Sandy: Thanks for the updates on the child tax checks. I figured if they mailed them out on Friday, I would get ours sometime in the week. Hopefully, I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Keep your fingers crossed. We sure could use it!

2cute: I miss you. Come back soon.

Alright, I know that I've left out a few responses, but this has taken me absolutely forever because I have to keep stopping to answer the phone. I hope each and every one of you have a fantastic OP day and know I love you all!

P.S. My dh is going to third shift!! No, I'm not happy about sleeping by myself.....BUT it is so much better than seconds. At least now, we will still have the evenings together and go to Trey's football games together and stuff like that! I am MAJORLY happy about this!

Take care and I'll see you tonight!!

Quote of the Day: There never has been, and cannot be, a good life without self-control...... Leo Tolstoy

Boy, how true is that??!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #25  

Hello, sorry I've been awhol for awhile, life's been hectic, I've been lurking and reading but haven't had the time to post, I guess a quick hello is better than nothing, you guys are such a big part of my day, even though you may not know it.

Long Rant Below, beware.

Right now I need some advice , I'm having a terrible time, trying to be a good mom, My son is turning into a little monster, and If I don't stick it to him now he's going to be a horrible disrespectful, ungratefull teenager. I can barely handle him now, we are constantly arguing. He's only 5yrs old, (going to be 6 in Sept) and an only child, and he's spoiled. I know he acts the way he does, because we let him, and we constantly give him what ever he want's. Last night we spent all evening fighting, from the time I got home till he went to bed, He show's no respect, laughs at me when I get mad at him, If I tell him I wont do anything for him or buy him any treats, he's always got a comment, Like, well I wont pick up my toys, or do anything for you. And then I was trying to explain to him that I love him and that he is not going to get away with talking to me that way anymore and that he will get punished and will not get any treats for a very long time, until he can prove to me that he deserves them. And the only thing he could say was, well I don't love you, I really don't now this is the first time he's said that), but It broke my heart, and I know he said it just to make me sad, cause he said so, his exact words were, I'm going to say things to make you sad. Anyway's, I spanked him put him in his room, he stayed there for awhile, and then he came out was fine, and his dad comes home, I tell his dad that I'm taking him over to his Grandma's cause she's babysitting him today, and he hands him $20 to go shopping with Grandam. He didn't know we had been fighting so I tell him. I took the money away from him and told him that he has to prove to me that he deserves it, and that started a whole new fight all the way to Grandma he promised he'd be good and listen and that he loved me, but then at the same time he throws his seat belt of, slams the seat up and down, says he's going to open the door, tells me I never do anything with him, throws his bag on the ground when we get to Grandmas, sits on the lawn yelling at me. And the next minute telling me he will be good and he loves, me.

Anyways, his Father doesn't spank him, and lets him speak to us anyway he want's, He doesn't have a clue on how to punish or even raise him with good morals, He blames his behaviour on my Brother and sisters who still live at home with Grandma, (they are very bad teenagers, into drugs and have no respect for my mom and dad) and that it's all their fault for the way he act. But I feel if we taught him properly he would know right from wrong, and wouldn't act this way.

So this is what I'm going to do, He will not be able to have or do anything unless he earns it. I will make a chore list and he will get an allowance, which half will have to go into savings, and If we have to argue or fight with him to get him to do anything, or if he talks disrespectful to us, we will take so much off his allowance, he values money and toys and being able to get something when ever we go to the store, so from now on if he wants something he's going to earn it.

This is quite a long rant, sorry, I just had to get it off my shoulders, any suggestions on what I should do, how do you punish your kids when they deserve it. I really like to buy him things and see him excited and happy when he gets new things, but it's turning him into a selfish inappreciative spoiled brat. And I'm tired of yelling at him, there's to much yelling going on in our house, and it needs to stop.

Sorry I'm just depressed and sad on how things are going, and feel over whelmed, with no help from DF on how to change things in our house.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Sounds like you're taking the right steps, Duckie...the key is to be consistent and stick with it. Be sure to praise him when he does what he's supposed to do and don't argue with him when he doesn't, just enforce the rules. Hugs to you and good luck. Raising good kids is a lot of work, but the rewards are well worth it! He's lucky to have a mommy that cares so much!

Tina...I'm so happy to hear about hubby's shift change...there are very few nights (days) that dh and I can sleep together, but it makes the time we do that much sweeter! To me, being able to spend the time together talking and doing stuff is much better...(you can always find time to grab a Big&Tasty!)

Barb...mmm...CARROT CAKE! Lucky hubby! Congrats on the loss!

Natalie...Just wanted to clear something up here...this Jersey girl does not now, nor at any time in her life did she ever, have BIG hair ~or~ long nails! ...not even an attitude! though I know the kind you're talking about! Congrats on your loss!

Andria...I'm glad you're having a better day! DH is a KEEPER!

Michelle...Have fun at the game...August is TOO hot for football, in my humble opinion! (and I don't even have to wear all the equipment!) But I would like to check out the new stadium. BTW, Peddler's Village is a great idea! It is probably about an hour and a half drive for me, maybe less...Saturday's are great for me, I rarely work Friday nights! Let's pick a date!

Pam...Yay for you on 5 more lbs! You are on a roll!

Deb...Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

2cute...I almost forgot...BIG HUGS to you for your loss and for exercising! I've been here long enough to remember when you and Thin were vying for the "NO exercise" crown! I'm so proud of the both of you!

BTW, where IS Thin? Didn't she start this thread?? Never to be seen again? Talk about a "lurker!"

Hi to everyone else...I have to get back to the mountain of paper I'm going through...my shredder is working overtime, but I am making progress!

Have a FABULOUS, FUN FILLED, FUNKY, FESTIVE, FANTASTICFRIDAY!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-08-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:35 PM   #27  

Talking TGIF

It's finally Friday and I am off tonight - yeee haa. I am planning to get some walking in this evening and then just veg out.

I am at the library now and my computer time is about to run out, so I won't be able to do individual replies, except ------

Kat - you are talking about the McDonald's burger aren't you?
Quote:
you can always find time to grab a Big&Tasty
Tina - when you build that ark please don't put any roaches and spiders on it. Uggh! Glad things are working out better for you and your hubby.

Lori - I tried the Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Lite; it's really good.

Congrats to everyone posting losses this week and hope all goes better for those who are having bad times.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:36 PM   #28  

Kat, I knew I would get to ya with that one!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:17 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

Connie...Yesm the Big&Tasty IS from McDs, but Tina and her husband have been known to incorporate that into their "special times..." (No, not like the chocolate!) hence, those times are now known around here as "grabbing a big & tasty!"

Natalie...um...that ain't exactly SMALL hair you're sporting in your picture! You from Joizey?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #30  

Hi Chickies:

Okay, read this and had to laugh: "Connie...Yesm the Big&Tasty IS from McDs, but Tina and her husband have been known to incorporate that into their "special times..." (No, not like the chocolate!) hence, those times are now known around here as "grabbing a big & tasty!" ......all I could think is it's a new twist on a Happy Meal...lol.

Duckie: I don' t have kids but I'm a teacher. So sorry to hear about what's going on...all I can say is what I do in class...be consistant, constant, and fair. It's the only way to set up and maintain classroom control. That, and I don't argue. They know the rules and they know the consequences. And most of all, you must follow through on the rules/consequences or it's a waste of time. Have you checked into parenting classes in the area? Don't know, they might help. If anything, it would give you both a good resource and an outlet. And most of all, don't beat yourself up. I've come home from school and cried sometimes. Remember, no one is perfect. Hugs to you....hope things get better.

Hmmm, had a great birthday! Finally got my younger brother into a dermotogist. Okay, seems weird but it's such a blessing today. My brother has horrible acne and his eyes had begun to swell shut from it. He has no insurance and the medication is very expensive. He's really been depressed because he hates for people to look at him.

Doc told him that he would be eligable for a sliding scale/ free program where he could get acutain at cost. It could be upwards of $800 a month. I was even able to get all his blood work at a reduced rate. Was like his birthday today instead of mine. Just so happy for him.

Me? I treated myself to my first manicure . Went to TGI Fridays and ate too much....even got proofed . Been a great day all around.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb
Closed Thread