Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #1  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Drowning Sorrows in Food

Yesterday was not a good day. I was upset and needed a good cry but I was at work, so it just wasn't possible. I actually felt a little bit worse when I thought about the fact that I can't go home and drown my sorrows in food! "This day sucks and I can't even eat anything!"

Even though I know full well that eating my feelings will accomplish nothing. It might taste good, but in the end, it doesn't feel good and it certainly doesn't look good. It's still my favorite go-to when I feel lousy, even though I know the best plan is a walk, and to quit stinkin' thinkin'.

I actually finally figured out, finally (ya, little slow on the uptake), how to get in that walk at the end of a long work day (I work 10 hour shifts so exercise is sometimes tough to get in). I always thought the clothing was holding me back.... I don't want to change, I don't want to put on my walking shoes, my sports bra, my athletic wear.... Why do I need all that to take a leisure walk around the block with the dog? Just throw on some shoes, grab the dog and go! That's helped.

So.... it's interesting how food continues to be such a big crutch!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I find that exercise, too, is a big help in dealing with anxiety and feelings of sadness.

But, and truth be told, I have also learned that food helps too. No, not cakes and burgers. But some types of healthy food can really boost your mood.

For me, strangely, it's oily fish. If I eat sardines for breakfast or salmon for lunch this also helps kick the blues to the door. There has been some research that Omega 3s help with anxiety and depression and they certainly do with me.

So food is a crutch and a good one if you can find healthly ones that fit your goals.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Twin, I hear you. Food makes me feel better. I am going to try Ian's suggestion of Omega 3. I actually like all kinds of fish, so it shouldn't be a punishment! LOL. Salmon - YUM.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Give it a go gailr42! I am telling ya it works.

Try it when you are anxious or upset about something. And feel the lift.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #5  

Sometimes I have gone through things where I really didn't need to cry into my food. Other times honestly when I look back I would go straight back and binge. Not on healthy stuff either. I wouldn't change a single thing. It got me through some tough times.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/213/175

Height: 5'11''

I used to be like that. Heck, that is why I gained weight in the first part... I had a sick family member I had to take care of and it took a toll on me. I have recently realized that food won't make you feel better, it won't take away the pain, the hurt, etc. Yes, eating food would make me feel better for a little bit, but It would never take the problem away.

It wasn't until I realized that food won't solve my problems, so there is no point in stuffing my face when Im upset or stressed.

I wish you the best.
Lucky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 06:25 AM   #7  

I can feel your pain ... Coping with emotional distress by turning to food can be a common struggle for many. It's essential to find healthier ways to manage emotions and seek support when needed. One helpful resource is seeking guidance from professionals or support networks, much like the support you can get from Mezeh customer service . They can offer advice and solutions to promote healthier coping mechanisms, helping people avoid the cycle of using food as a comfort during difficult times.

Last edited by jassieterlington; 10-09-2023 at 02:55 AM.
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #8  

There are healthy weight loss products that have been tried by many and their results have been excellent in losing weight
ahmedodiush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:52 PM   #9  

I advise you to use products that help lose excess weight to lose excess weight quickly
ahmedodiush is offline   Reply With Quote