3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2014 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/298270-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2014-everyone-welcome.html)

CoolMom75 08-06-2014 06:18 PM

Kelijpa, that sounds like the perfect weekend! I want to do all of it. We have next weekend open for plans but no available hotel rooms or camping. We will probably do some day trips.

Monday was my fast day and Tuesday was going to be another fast day but an impromptu hike changed my plans. Today is my second fast day. I'm looking forward to a day for eating!

Food today-
Egg on toast
1/2 coffee with milk
Black bean soup with a bit of my bolognese sauce mixed in. I just had a little, what was left in my son's bowl.

461 calories. Biked to the gym for weightlifting.

kelijpa 08-06-2014 06:38 PM

coolmom it was great, makes this a very short week, too :) we were able to get a site at a state park in NY, they had more openings than they had posted online, this was in NY near Cooperstown, I'm sure whatever you find to do will be fun!

I just read backwards to catch up, messed with my head a little bit...:lol:

Diana glad the surgery went well! Hope you're feeling better, maybe once this stress is past your edema will calm down, too.

Sydney good to hear that August doesn't require surgery!

Ian I'm jealous of your "spring cleaning" especially with all the camping stuff spread around, tent is drying out in the basement, laundry unloaded ready to be washed, oh so much to put away, and once again, I need to get rid of some stuff in my closet, so many clothes that I just don't wear...

radiojane congrats on the 5 pounds and getting to spend some quality time with your BF!

Alaskan I do high intensity intervals on the recumbent bike, when the resistance cycles lower I peddle as fast as I can, gets the heart rate going and sweat pouring. I imagine you could do similar with the elliptical, I've heard it takes a little while to work up the time, never really got into it myself, best of luck.

I mix salmon pouches and tuna when making tuna salad, gives it a nice flavor, different from regular tuna.

Best to all :sunny:

acciochocolate 08-06-2014 08:20 PM

Day 3 for me! Here's the deal:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs in one tbsp butter (240)
Sliced pear and blueberries (150)
Total: 390

Morning snack:
Vanilla iced coffee with cream and sugar (170) (A weakness of mine!)

Lunch:
Chipotle carnitas bowl; skipped the rice and didn't finish the whole thing (500)

Afternoon snack:
TJ's buffalo jerky (100)
2 prunes (50)
1 mini brie cheese (80)
Total: 230

Dinner:
TJ's Angus grass fed beef burger (plain, no bun; 290)
Ketchup (30)
Publix stuffed scallop (200)
Total: 520

Yikes, this was a higher calorie day than I planned. I had packed my lunch for work, but there was a huge pizza party going on in the break room at work and I did not want to eat my sad little tuna salad while watching people eat pizza, so I left the office for lunch and got the Chipotle instead. Between that and the coffee, I went over my goal for the day. I'll aim for better tomorrow. It's been a stressful two weeks; I started my new job last week, but just wrapped up my old job today. I've been coming home from my new job every day just to sit and do work for my old job when I get home. Now that I'm free from the old job I'll have a little more time after work to exercise, or at least walk, which I'm grateful for.

Now to clean the kitchen and get ready for yet another day!

IanG 08-06-2014 09:03 PM

No change today at 170.4lbs. Wow, stable.

Breakfast was mackerel and smoked oysters washed down with a bowl of oats. Lunch was my usual with salmon, squid, mussels, smoked oysters and a crab cake.

Exercise was a 4 mile run before work and 55 minutes weight training before lunch. Lifting heavy.

Busy day at work today.

Tomorrow will be interesting. There is a hash run I could do in the evening. Or a happy hour and food at work. I would rather do the run from a lifestyle point of view. But if there is good company for the happy hour I'll go there, depending on who goes. I will play this by ear.

I have always said good company trumps diet and exercise.

But average company don't.

So watch this space.

Will I run? Or eat?

Diana3271 08-06-2014 09:23 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

This will be a quick one for me. I am feeling more fatigued than normal. Probably from getting up early to get Cody to the Vet and just the extra worry over him. I am going to try to get to bed earlier than normal.

Nina Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Total Approx 1500 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice (zucchini & tri-pepper mix)
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed carrots/zucchini 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Prevention Drop It In 30
2 Miles w/Leslie Sansone

LiannaKole 08-07-2014 12:45 AM

No planned exercise today. Ran around most of the day after work doing errands and other stuff for a party coming up, though.

B - tea and soy milk.
L - Broccoli, soup, green beans, zucchini, brown rice. Very filling and tasty!
S - 1/2 protein bar, apple, sunflower seeds.
D - toasted hummus and veggie sandwich, with chocolate almond milk for dessert.

Overall, not a bad day!

Diana3271 08-07-2014 07:52 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Immune Invigorator, Inflammation Relief and Deep Relaxation from Dr Yoga House Call

Calories for yesterday: 1500 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 168.6
Down: .6

Have a great day!

novangel 08-07-2014 11:32 AM

I ran a little more than a 5k last night. The guys were hogging all the weights. :/

Tonight will be Jillian.

kelijpa 08-07-2014 11:38 AM

Good morning all
W-165.1
B- zucchini banana bread
L- spring mix, banana peppers, pickles, cucumber
S- peanuts, grapes
D- salad DH is making
E- walk

Going to try and get back on routine with my water.

acciochocolate I find Chipotle challenging, to find something lower calorie, even tho their stuff is supposed to be organic, local, etc, I love it but since looking up the calories for everything I haven't been back :o good job coming up with something decent for 500. Each day we get better and better, some days are better at recovering from the day before :D

Best to all :sunny:

Syckgirlsfv 08-07-2014 02:55 PM

hi everyone :wave:

still going good on this end - weight sits at 154.4. I haven't exercised since Tuesday because last night and tonight I have school, but Friday we'll do a 20 plus mile ride. Saturday is my daughter's graduation (she earned a medical assistant certificate) so we won't do our long ride. BUT, we may ride to a restaurant we love in Atwater on Sunday after church for lunch. Best BLTA sammich ANYWHERE! (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado) :hungry:

Today:
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - romaine lettuce/canned chicken breast/avocado cilantro bolt house farms
S - probably none
D - garden burger and sweet potato fries, hopefully :D

CoolMom75 08-07-2014 05:28 PM

Hi everyone!

I had an idea for my weekend get-away and it worked out. There is an awesome campground toward the beach that is first-come-first serve. I took a chance and drove out there and there were spots. We got a nice one and set up the tents, then came home to wait for hubby to finish work. The campground is only about 40 minutes away. It should be fun with hiking and a trip to the beach.

Hubby is not happy. He says he just wanted a hotel weekend and is too tired for camping. I hate to be a jerk and be so pushy but it seems like he never wants to go anywhere. Working 5 days a week drains him, I understand. But i set it all up. All he has to do is chill with a drink. :P

IanG 08-07-2014 06:04 PM

Up 0.6lbs to 171lbs today. I have decided to do the Hash run and not the happy hour. The happy hour is at a restaurant. An expensive one. Which means it won't just be drinking and a little eating but probably drinking and a lot of eating. I'd rather just spend six bucks, go for a run, a lot of beer and some snacks. It will mean a lot of running for the day though so a rest day from running tomorrow.

Breakfast was mackeral, smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was my usual with smoked stugeon, smoked oysters, squid, kipper and a crab cake.

For exercise, I ran 4 miles before breakfast, did 50 minutes weight training before lunch and will run another 6 miles tonight.

Quote:

Hubby is not happy. He says he just wanted a hotel weekend and is too tired for camping. I hate to be a jerk and be so pushy but it seems like he never wants to go anywhere. Working 5 days a week drains him, I understand. But i set it all up. All he has to do is chill with a drink. :P
This could have been a page out of my life CoolMom75. Go easy on the fella. Work tires us men!!! He'll come round.

acciochocolate 08-07-2014 07:00 PM

@kelijpa, thanks for the props! It was only on the lower side because I skipped the rice and didn't eat all of it, but you're right, all the good stuff you can get there adds up!

Day 4 Recap:

I know eating at home, or eating food from home is the best thing to do, but I'm new at my job, so I've been accepting lunch invitations when they come. I want to get to know everyone and to make new friends. Also, I really prefer to get away from the office for an hour when I can. Excuses, excuses. I know I'm going out to lunch tomorrow too, so I need to prepare myself to make a good choice.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs in 1 tbsp butter (240)
Strawberries & blueberries (30)
1/2 Keurig iced coffee with 3 tbsp of Natural Bliss creamer, but I only drank half of it (55)
Total: 325

Snack:
100 cal cottage cheese with mango (100)

Lunch:
Panera 1/2 Greek salad with chicken (250)
Cup of broccoli cheddar soup (220)
Piece of French baguette (150--my downfall. I should have told them to hold the bread)
Total: 720

Dinner: I just ate the lunch I had packed for lunch and didn't eat because I went out!
Turkey sandwich on wheat with pickles and mustard (300)
Baby carrots and cucumber slices (30)
3 strawberries (15)
Total: 345

"Dessert":
Decaf iced coffee with 3 tbsp of Natural Bliss creamer (105)

Well, despite my high calorie lunch, I came in pretty low on calories--1,270. I've been aiming for 1,500-1,600 a day. I wish I knew where we were going to eat for lunch tomorrow so I could plan ahead! I've not been as strict this week as I should be.

Radiojane 08-07-2014 08:47 PM

I'm finding it hard to get online now that I am not working in front of a computer. Need to try harder.

No weigh in today.

30 minute swim

small spinach salad
chicken breast
devilled egg
cheese

mars735 08-07-2014 08:54 PM

I skipped yesterday check-in. It wasn't pretty.
B vanilla whay shake, egg with arugula, shredded carrots, cabbage, evoo
L Asian slaw, chicken
Chicken, tofu/walnut oil/salad
S HB egg,