Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:02 PM   #16  

It's Sunday. So far, I have my sanity

My foot is feeling better today; a nice soak in epsom salt bath, as well as a nice foot massage after a pedicure helped greatly. I'm even breathing better today; not as much pain as yesterday (maybe it helped that I slept better last night and the cat brats didn't get me up till later this morning).

I've really thought about what has happened over the weekend and, risking another tantrum on his part, told Bri it would be best if he went back to California after his court date (if his butt doesn't go to jail and he's allowed to leave the state, that is). It's wasn't just about the blowup I thought about. Based on both personal experience in the past, as well as reading up on current issues on domestic violence, I really took a long look at the situation in general. I didn't say this out loud, of course, but what if something like this happened again, and this guy decides to haul off and whack me one....or two...or more? No way. Never again. I promised myself after the last experience that no relationship is worth going through that again. Let Mom deal with this one. This kid definitely needs to grow up.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Red face A proper post...

Okay...NOW I can talk. I worked so hard last night, I think that I manage to eradicate most thoughts of vacation from my brain...but I'll do my best to recapture some highlights to share with you.

First, I have to say that I agree with Tina...vacationing with family is not the best way to go! Too much worrying about stepping on other people's toes...

We had rented a house at the shore with my sis and her family. the house was really nice, very close, right over the rise to the beach. Any kid's dream, right? OH NO...not if you bring the stupid, moronic, &@%$#&%! VIDEO GAMES and a television.
The house came with a TV, but they had to bring another so that while one son played the games, the other could sit and watch TV. God forbid you miss a minute of cartoon network. (I'm on a roll now...bear with me) My nephews are 14 and 12, plus they brought a friend of the older one down to kind of balance out the boys. (My son is 12) Now given half a chance, my son is more than happy to plop his butt down in front of the TV too...when I would try to shoo them outside, my sister would say, "Oh, they're on vacation too." GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I KNOW!!! So give the boob tube a rest...The beach is right at our fingertips! Go run and frolic and play and swim and use the boogie boards and skim boards and wiffle balls and bats and footballs and frisbees that we brought with us!!! It disgusted me that they would allow that all the time. So of course when we were at the beach, my one nephew would think of any and all excuses to go back to the house. It's a shame, because my son LOVES the ocean, could stay in it all day...but nobody else wanted to. (said with a whiny voice)

I just deleted a whole 'nother rant...I don't want to bore you with what I should have seen coming. We've done this before and I swore, "Never again!" My bad. but thanks for letting me rant.

So here's the good stuff...The weather was wonderful, sunny and warm...not too hot/not too cold... except for one day, it was too cold and windy to sit on the beach, so we sat on the front porch instead. The beach is lovely, the water clean and clear and cold---just the way I like it! Yes, I did swim...in a bathing suit. We ate well...by that I mean good seafood eatin' a few nights out, some at home...I really didn't over-indulge. (much) I read a great book while I was there, "White Oleander," by Janet Fitch. Excellent. Hubby and I got a chance to reaffirm how happy we are with our mundane, low key lives...(by comparing it to my sister's, which only runs smoothly when there's alcohol involved--sad) oops, I forgot, no more complaining. I didn't really shop much, but i did get a Christmas ornament and some cute Christmas cards a sweatshirt, some sunglasses...that's about it. I told you it was going to be very restful. and so it was. And I have a great tan!

So now...back to business. Lucky! I will join you in a renewed effort to get back on track. Back to the gym tomorrow. DH and I both agreed it was time to get serious about diet. Whew...it really helps to have him on board...

I have to follow my own advice and get my big butt away from the computer and outside to where the weeds are calling me!

Have a great day gals...it's good to be home!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:55 PM   #18  

Default Hi Girls!

I missed a day of posting yesterday cause I was too busy stuffing my face with banana pudding and lemon merengue pie...Piggie, Piggie. I did a double workout this morning to get rid of the junk and today I'll be eating light to compensate so it's OK. Not too much harm done.
Tom and I are planning on going to this awesome blues club on Friday and I want to be sure I can enjoy lots of "soul" food so this week I am working my butt off (literally) and eating light. That basically means working out everyday and staying at or under 1500 calories. It's going to be so worth it! Mmmmmm, fried chicken. YUMMY!

There's a lot of drama on the thread today so I'll get right to replies.

Lori,
I was shocked to read about your Brian situation. This guy is definitely more trouble than he's worth. This makes strike 2 for him and that's enough. I completely support your decision to send him back to West Coast. You are a strong woman, great to see you stand up for yourself!

Grannie,
Those veggies sound just wonderful for summer. You've made me hungry for stir-fry now.

Joe Anne,
Keep on walking honey, you are doing great! Plus the more you walk the more energy you'll have. YAY!

Tina,
I am really concerned about the cat bite and the fever. I would go to see the doc and tell him what happened as soon as you can. Cat bites are the worse thing for infection. I hope you and kitty work something out. I know it must be heartbreaking for you to think about giving her up. Have you talked to your vet about her behavior? Maybe it's just a temporary thing, she could be feeling threatened by something or actually be sick herself. Good Luck

Lucky,
I would love to give you some good vibes for your goal! I have a similar goal. I want to be under 200 by 9/22 (my 28th birthday). We can work on it together if you like.

Hey Phoenix,
Just wanted to say HI!

Determined,
103 degrees! Yikes, I thought 90 was bad for us yesterday. I could never make it in that heat. No way. Good girl, nap it all away

pjkdreamer,
I'll take active anyday over fat and sedated.

Lola,
I just started a journal here and I am finding it to be very helpful. I find that people are actually reading me and when they leave comments it motivates me even more. You should really give it a try!

Andria,
Have the cookie and do a couple extra sit-ups tomorrow. No problem. If I am really craving something I'll eat it and make certain I burn off the calories the next day. So far, so good.

Thin,
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. We'll be here for you if you need us.

Katrina,
Eh, 3 pounds will be gone in no time. Just be extra good this week. We all deserve a break sometimes, as long as it's not an extended break we'll be fine.

Ok, I think I got everyone. If not I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 07-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! WOW, after being pretty slow around here Friday and Saturday everyone sure showed up in the last 12 hours!!! It's nice to see.

I figure I better catch up or I'll really be behind when I get back. I have my schedule rearranged so I can get out of town. Had a HUGE "bra girl" project scheduled for Tuesday that needed to be moved into next week. I still have to head out in the morning and get 3 jobs done before leaving town.

We decided since it's a 1 1/2 hour drive that we would stay up there overnight. I just booked a Hampton Inn. They have a nice continental breakfast so at least we can feed mom (like that excuse???) before we head to the funeral on Tuesday morning.

Andria: I'm so glad you had a nice trip. That sounds like some nice quality time with your dad on the journey. I like those 'captive audiences', gives you time to catch up. * I'm glad you were able to have a nice visit with your grandma. I'm getting the picture that your grandpa is still cared for at home??? I know all too well about the wandering. My dad wanted to go 'home' too, but at the time he meant to Florida. Walked off several times and then the last straw was when he took the car and got found all the way across town. [[[hugs]]] honey. I know all too well what you're going through. If you need to talk, you know how to reach me. * It will be good that your grandma is moving closer to a family member. Just remember that Alzheimer's patients don't do well with changes to their environment, so if your grandpa takes a down turn in confusion after the move, you'll know why it's happening.

Lola: You know what they say, "the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is about 6 weeks!!!" I bet it's cute, you're just not used to it. * As far as keeping people straight, it does take some time. I've found that I make a 3x5 card for each person that posts. I list whatever info they share and then even as time goes on, if they share something extra, the names of their animals, husbands, boyfriends, etc. I add that to the card. It's alot easier for me to keep up then. Also when someone comes back after being AWOL for awhile, I can quickly bring myself up to speed. The old memory is not what it used to be (thanks, dad. She says looking heavenward). But as someone else said, don't feel as if you always have to respond to everyone. We all understand and we're more interested in you being here and being able to share than we are in if you miss somebody.

Pam: I'm sure your clothes and tennis shoes weighed alot more than 1/2 pound! You're doing GREAT!!!

Terri: Isn't that sweet that you are going to change your eatting habits for us???? Whatta girl!!

Amanda: I know about time with hubby. I'm sure mine wasn't happy to be sitting alone watching a movie while I was chatting with all of you, especially when we had the house to ourselves for a change. That doesn't happen often.

Lucky: Too funny how animals react to different situations. Max was out with honey this morning on the porch and kept wanting to go romping through the flower beds. For me, he'll mostly stay on the porch. We try to keep him contained to the front porch, but he's a cat, so how easy is that????

Tina: I'm really concerned for your leg. That fever does not sound good at all. It should be subsiding by now from the UTI with all the anti-biotics. I think I second the idea of going and having it checked out....professionally. * What a great friend your co-worker is. How wonderful that she is in tuned to just what you need. * I wasn't real close to my uncle, but he is the one that I always took my mom to see when I was either dropping off or picking up "the baby" from school. I just feel really bad because this last time he had to be picked up our plans got screwed up at the last minute and I had to run fast and get him the day before my mom and I were SUPPOSED to go and so she didn't get to see her brother in June and now he's gone. This will be hard on her now that she's the only survivor.

JoeAnne: You are doing such an awsome job! Good for you!!!

Mary: Boy, I hope you get over all the achyness real soon. I'm sure you're hurting. * Getting uptight about all the work isn't going to make it go away. Just do what you can do and go about your job. They'll have to get someone in to help eventually or the work just won't get done. It's really too bad.

Lori: I'm so glad your foot is feeling better. It just seems like your whole body feels awful when your feet (or back) are hurting. I can go with almost any other kind of ache, but not those two, they just really get me down. * I'm afraid to ask but, how did Brian take your decision to send him packing???? It sure doesn't sound like he's dealing with life in a very mature manner. I hope you don't have any repercussions from sending him back to California. [[[hugs]]]

Kat: OMG!!! You really had a time of it. Your story so reminded me of why I begged off going back to my best friend's lodge in the woods this summer. I had shared with you last summer about how it was the 3 days from **** and I was NOT going to put myself through it again. TOO MUCH DRAMA!!! Sounds like you knew better too, just didn't pay attention to yourself! I bet you'll know better next time!!!

Justme: The blues club sounds like alot of fun. Good to see that you're planning in advance for it.

2cute: I see you're too busy drinking wine in your hot tub and swimming in your new pool to be here with us. Just remember you have friends here that miss you when you're gone!

Thanks, everyone for your condolences. I really appreciate all your thoughts. I know for a fact I won't get back in here before I leave so I will see you all when I return. Love you bunches.

"If you count the sunny and the cloudy days of the whole year, you will find that the sunshine predominates."

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-27-2003 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking This is so cool

Hi Friends
This is so unexpected but nice, come check it out at the Ms Woman of Color Website, just click on Pageant to be taken to the winners tour. Or just go to this page directly

http://mswomanofcolor.com/pageant/de...bassador04.htm

Last edited by joe anne; 07-27-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

JOe Anne That is great
Old 07-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #22  

Ok Tina I am here, you dragged my behind back in here yet again.
I hope you are making a Dr. appointment to see about that leg. I know that you can get a pretty bad infection from a cat scratch or bite.

I'm sorry about the laps in posting, I will get back to it. I just needed to gather my sences again and realize I need to do this. No excuses here, I have just been plain bad at my eatting. So tomorrow is the start of a new plan and I have been grocery shopping and gotten plenty of veggies and fruit, so no excuse to shove the devil dogs, suzi q'a or cookies in my face.

Can you freeze cherries like grapes and eat them that way? HUMMM, think I will try that, they are in season and I love em.

Thin: My condolences on your uncle. You will be in my prayers tonight. Glad curves is going good. It was nice seeing you in chat lastnight.

There are so many replies to do, but I think, this time I will skip them sorry about that, but boy there is a lot of posting going on, how is a girl to keep up? I know I will bet better at it. Ilove to read them, and I usually always do, just don't post all the time you know.

Here is a big & for you all, and know that I care about you all and am reading.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 07-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #23  

CONGRATULATIONS JoeAnne
Old 07-27-2003, 11:52 PM   #24  

Hello Everyone

My son has just gone to bed and I have a few minutes to finish up what I started early (very early) this morning.

First, what does HB stand for. I see a lot of people using it but I don't understand.

Second, how does one get into the new journals?

Third, when is chat again, Wednesday and Saturday?

I looked in the mirror today again at this "brand new do" and I have decided it is growing on me, but it is still too short.

Today my husband, son and I went on a long drive and then went out for dinner. It was nice to spend some time together. My husband works shift work so over the last week we haven't seen each other much. But today, we got to catch up. Unfortunately, my son Ross, decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to have the biggest temper tantrum that he has every had in his entire 16 mos of existence. It went on for over and hour!!! I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong with him (except that he is getting his molars) and let me tell you, this little guy has lungs like you wouldn't believe. The driving and screaming was lovely! Other than that, it was a nice day.

Lori,
I think you are smart to make the decision you did. You need a guy who is mature, understanding and able to empathize with you. Relationships are a two way street and it doesn't sound as if Brian gets that (from what you said happened the other day) - stay strong and beautiful.

Thin,
I didn't get a chance to offer my condolences about your uncle. I lost my Mom back in October to cancer and it was very difficult. I miss her everyday. I hope that your Mom knows that even though her brother's physical presence is gone, he is still with her.

Joe anne,
Way to go, keep up the good work!!!

Pam,
Keep up the great work!

QueenB,
I still think you should consult a vet about your "wildcat". Also your leg sounds nasty and if it is a bite, they get infected almost immediately upon contact. Go see your doctor about it - a good topical antibiotic is called bactroban (only by perscription) (seems to work on everything). Ask your doctor. Take care of that leg! Also, what an awesome friend you have. We all need someone like that in our lives, who knows us that well. Treasure that friendship, it is rare to come by.

Lucky,
Anything I can do to help support in your quest - just ask.

That's it for me.

Laura
Old 07-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys
Sorry I have been awol for this weekend. We are STILL moving stuff.
We hired 2 men and a huge truck and they worked for 9+ hours and did not get it all moved.
We have brougnt over another 4 pick-up truck loads full .. and we have not started on the garage or shed.
I was up until 4:30am last night and up again at 8am this morning. I have not been hiding... I have been WORKING HARD.

I am happy to say that we got a LOT done Sat and Sun... but still a LOT to do.
I have a lot of antiquey type stuff and a LOT of kitchen collectibles... and I have displayed them totally different than the in the other house. It looks good.

My POOR husband... every suggestion he makes on decorating we three women shoot them down... and then when we do what we want... we want him to tell us how good it looks.

We have a photo of our three kids that is over 6 years old.... our youngest daughter who is 21 now was only 15 years old. He wants to hang that photo on the main fireplace but I want something newer since she is 21 now. We just don't agree at all... but luckily he always says...."What ever you want honey"

Monday my day is FULL again.... and Tuesday.
Hopefully Wed I can find some time for a long post.
I have got to run. I have to get up at 6am.
Sorry for not responding to everyone.
But Tina... Get yourself to the doctor !!!! NOW !!!!
Thin... sorry to hear about your moms brother.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:29 AM   #26  

Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds like all of you have been pretty busy, my life almost dulls in comparison, work, come home, go to work, come home, well at least on the weekends, when all of you are out playing, but I am off today and tomorrow! yipppeee!

doing well on program, food id still good and I am still doing the watp tape 6 days a wk, (today marks the beginning of my 4th week----never thought I could do that again), feels wonderful!

thought I would share a few sentiments with all of you I found in this month's Oprah magazine, it is primarily an issue about weight, you should pick it up, very good articles inside:

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE: FRONT LOAD TO PREVENT BUTTLOAD: STACKING MOST OF YOUR CALORIES TOWARDS THE FRONT END OF THE DAY USUALLY MEANS YOU'LL BE CARRYING LESS JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK

....a u-turn beats no turn: It's never too late to stop a binge. Six oreos are better than six oreos and a peice of pie.

Give what you need: Find a partner you can support when she's feeling weak - and let her do the same for you!! (we do this well girls!!)

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!

Get great at the wait: be patient - the ability to persevere is what separates whiners from winners.

THINK: WHAT WOULD I BE FEELING IF I WEREN'T EATING.

Hope you can find something you need from that girls, and here's to you! all of you are doing great, we can and will do this!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:29 AM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!
Wow! You were all busy little posters yesterday. Nearly and entire thread went by me. I only have a minute, but wanted to stop in and say Hello to everyone. I'm thinking about all of you and hoping your day is off to a good start.

I am sore and achy today. I started my bedroom project and spent nearly 7 hours yesterday starting to paint. It was an entire day of up and down the ladder and my neck craned up to do the ceiling. I could barely move this morning. I just kept telling myself that it was a good workout. I've still got a LOT of work to do, I'll just have to squeeze it in when I can.

I will try to stop back during lunch and catch up on my reading! Have a great day!

Barb
Old 07-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #28  
Walking by faith

Angry Hi everyone!

Gone for just the weekend, and look at all that happened!

Thin: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. My condolences to you and your mom.

Tina: PLEASE get to a doctor and have your leg checked-it could be infected. Could your kitty be acting wild because she's sick?

2 Big: Don't worry, your hair will grow out-been there! As for keeping everyone straight, you're not alone. Someone I forgot already! suggested writing down info on each person. I'll have to try that!

Lori: WOW, you've had quite a time! I'm glad your foot is feeling better. I haven't had pleursy, but my dad used to get it in the winter, and I know it's painful Take good care of yourself!

As for Brian, I concur with everyone else: SEND HIS HEINIE HOME!
The boy sounds like he's got a lot of growing up to do, and you don't need a child to raise-leave that to his momma. You need a MAN who can appreciate the special person that you are. Don't settle for less than the best!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #29  

Hi guys !

Considering I survived the weekend from , I am doing mucho better today ....! My foot has been coming along well with the epsom salt soaks and the foot rubs; who knows, I may actually be able to take a short walk by the end of the week. Maybe.

Anyhoo, the "talk" with Brian? Well, kind of strange, really. The reaction on his part was....calm. Too calm. Word is out to be on the lookout for him if he causes any more problems with me or anyone else in the neighborhood to call the cops--one of his conditions of bond is to stay out of this part of the neighborhood (I had to talk to him on the phone). Thank goodness he didn't get the job he was supposed to interview for today; his little "incident" on Friday night got in our newspaper's police blotter section and got back to the pharmacy's management, and they conveniently called him to "cancel" the interview for today. (Gee, wonder why ). Nevertheless, pending the outcome of his court date, his butt is going back to California. The landlady who was going to originally rent him the apartment he was supposed to look at won't even rent it to him. She gave it to a college girl

I CAN BREATHE TODAY! No pain at all! And the humidity is down! For the second day in a row, the cat brats also let me sleep in. I think the little fur creatures are getting lazy too.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #30  
a work in progress...

I guess sometimes love just doesn't conquer all...
Closed Thread